Office Mac 2004 on a Mac Mini?

Can I run Office Mac 2004 Standard Edition on a MacMini
1.83/1GB/80/Combo/BT/AP with OSX 10.4.11?

Also, what the simplest way to transfer 10 gig of documents from  a Mac
G4-400 (OS 9.x) to the MacMini OSX10.4.11)

AppleTalk? If so what kind of cable?

Thanks in advance.
0
bubba5443 (10)

Hello John -

There should be no problem running Office 2004 on the configuration you
described - although I'm not familiar enough with the Mini to speak to its
graphics capabilities. A little more RAM wouldn't hurt but isn't _needed_
depending on your usage requirements.

As to transferring the files, I'd think Firewire would be the best way to go
if the G4 has it, but see OS X Help [keyword: transfer files] for other
options & instructions.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

wrote:

> Can I run Office Mac 2004 Standard Edition on a MacMini
> 1.83/1GB/80/Combo/BT/AP with OSX 10.4.11?

Sure, why couldn't you??

> Also, what the simplest way to transfer 10 gig of documents from  a
> Mac G4-400 (OS 9.x) to the MacMini OSX10.4.11)

> AppleTalk? If so what kind of cable?

Can you use the FireWire Target mode?? Turn off the G4, connect the two
Mac with a FireWire cable and reboot the G4 pressing the T key until
you see the FireWire logo on the screen.

If the G4 supports it (and I believe it should), that's going to be the
fastest way by far.

Corentin
--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

korventeen (753)
12/27/2007 5:05:40 PM
 John <bubba@bubba.com> wrote:

> Can I run Office Mac 2004 Standard Edition on a MacMini
> 1.83/1GB/80/Combo/BT/AP with OSX 10.4.11?

Yes. I have that up and running on my Mac Mini (can't speak for the
processor speed off the top of my head, but it has 1GB and an 80 Gb hard
disc with a combo drive and is running 10.4.11.

HTH,

Dave
0
dave7902 (16)

Excel v.X and Excel 2004/2008 for Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I currently use Microsoft Office v.X for Mac. I am waiting for the new Office for Mac to make its debut before I upgrade, probably in late 2010 or early 2011. <br><br>In the meantime, I have very little experience with Excel. I was thinking of taking some Lynda.com tutorials on Excel, but everything they have is either Windows or newer Mac versions, like Excel 2008:Mac. <br><br>How useful will these &quot;newer&quot; tutorials be in familiarizing a spreasheet neophyte like myself w...

Synchronize Office Information with Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003
I've downloaded Office 2007 (Beta2) and Activesync 4.1. Why can't I do the following: 1. Sync or select Contacts, Calendar, Notes in Activesync 4.1 2. Access the Internet from my PPC when partnership was successful. 3. Import/Export mail accounts from Office Outlook(message:"not implemented". ...

auto-reply w/o "Out of Office" in Outlook Express
Hi, how can I send an auto-reply in Outlook Express without it saying Out of Office. This is for a group mailbox and we want to have a friendly "We-ll get back to you soon" type auto-response. Thank you! Use rules and create a template to reply with. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote...

MS Money 2000 vs 2004 compatibility #3
I am currently using MS Money 2000. If I install the new version, MS Money 2004, will the new software be compatible with my old Money 2000 file formats? For example, can I run reports in Money 2004 using Money 2000 records and files? Thanks. Bill Bender ...

can i use office 2007 home & student on two computers
Can I use Office 2007 Home & Student on two different computers in two different places (cities), both mine. You can do anything you want because there is no way M$ can track about 6 billion people (entire planet including pigs) using its products. The license generally allows you to use on 3 systems in the same household but the definition is vague. what happens if someone goes on holiday abroad and takes his laptop with him. M$ has no answer for this. hth "veranda" <veranda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3DBA0C8-8EC6-43C1-9A66-367...

Need Microsoft Access to run on my Mac Powerbook
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I've been told I need to buy Virtual PC for my Mac and then Microsoft Office 2008 (for the PC, which includes ACCESS) in order to use MS Access for a college course I'm taking. I do believe that once I get Virtual PC, I could get MS Access as a temporary free download for 60 days. My questions: 1. is the above info correct? 2. where do I get Virtual PC for my Mac? cost? 3. Is Virtual PC easy to use or will I need to buy a book to explain it to me? 4. How about ease-of-use of Microsoft Access? Thank you to whomever can give me some ...

Money 2004 too picky on what it lets you VOID
Money 2004 too picky on what it lets you VOID I just upgraded from Money 2000. I use CheckFree for online payments. Money 2000 used to let me set CheckFree transactions to VOID (for instance if I knew a CheckFree payment was stopped). Money 2004 seems to explicitly not let me set these types of transactions to VOID (it just is not there in the "mark as" right-click menu). Workaround is to delete the transaction, then re-enter it as a non-CheckFree transaction, and then void it. Sheesh. se That's strange......I have never had a problem voiding a transaction...... Bo...

HOT NEWS For Mac Users..........
YES ITS REALLY HEART BREAKING NEWS FOR EVERYONE http://polticsinfs.blogspot.com/ ...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Must I convert my VB4 application with Jet DB if I install Office XP
I have a VB4(32) program that accesses an Access 97 database (.mdb) and seems to run fine under my recent upgrade to Windows 2000 Pro. I have Office 97 Pro installed but Windows 2000 Pro has major problems with Office 97 apps, so I am considering upgrading to Office XP. I have been unable to find any info about "fixing" Office 97 to operate properly under W2K Pro. (it often will not load and I have to end it with Task manager). I'm also faced with the problem of not being able to open Office Files I will receive from others using later versions of Office. -- Message posted vi...

Entering within cells in Excel on a Mac
Does anyone know when using a Mac, how to enter to the next line within an excel cell without going it going to the next cell? I know for a PC it is Alt and enter. Nicko Wrote: > Does anyone know when using a Mac, how to enter to the next line withi > an > excel cell without going it going to the next cell? I know for a PC i > is Alt > and enter. COMMAND+OPTION+RETURN Hope this helps -- Domeni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078 View this thread: ...

Activation Code for Money 2004 Deluxe
Can anyone get this link to work with either button. I keep getting the page can not be displayed. http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.as p?SKU=860- 00211&SKUName=Mohttp://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/Pur chaseQuestion.asp?SKU=860-00211&SKUName=Money%20Deluxe% 202003%20English%20Upgrade%20From%20Money% 20Trial&img=/OMLibrary/images/X0880521frs.jpg Jason, Just use the link without the SKU: http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.asp Good Luck! Regards, JB "jasona@arnell-west.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Reinstall my Office Home and Student 2007
I uninstalled my Office Home & Sudent 2007 by misstake. I have to have 1091 MB free space. I tried to reinstall, but I only have 467 MB free space. Also it says I need a program to install it in. Please help me get my program back on my computer. I think that you'd be better off asking in a newsgroup for your version of Windows, or possible a newsgroup devoted to your product. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http:/...

[How to ] Out of office
I wan't to send message when user recives mail and is out of office but only one time to one sender's address. rt <kuzynzewschodu@aa.pl> wrote in message news:e9ifj0$g3c$1@helios.domdata.com... >I wan't to send message when user recives mail and is out of office but >only > one time to one sender's address. AFAIK this is Exchange's default behaviour. It is the default behavior to "Internal" sender's only. If you want external senders to receive the Out of office reply, then you need to enable Out of office replies to the Internet,...

Office Excel 2007
When I double click on an Excel file Excel open but the file never loads and the display says DONE. I get a message "cant find file". My guess is that you have a missing or poorly written addin installed that interrupts the startup routine. See help on addins to remove it. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Office Use" <OfficeUse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9177293D-B986-48D5-8A48-CEDAB466813D@microsoft.com... > When I double click on an Excel file Excel open but the file never loads > and > the display says DONE. I get a message "can...

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

money 2004 #49
my bf purchased me ms money from the states, is there a way, I can download a update, so it will show the canadian banks and currency In microsoft.public.money, trish wrote: >my bf purchased me ms money from the states, is there a >way, I can download a update, so it will show the >canadian banks and currency Money 2004 Standard will look at the regional settings and behave in the Canadian mode if the settings call for that. Deluxe and Premium will not. ...

Money 2004 Error 1335
Any way to fix this? I have attempted to load the cd to a folder on the desk top, go to msconfig and ensured that selective startup was enabled with Load Startup items un- checked and still get through about 45 seconds until I get this error of Money 2004. I have set this same software up from the same disk on my lap top, but my terminal pc will not take. ANY SUGGESTIONS????? In microsoft.public.money, Jim shaut wrote: >Any way to fix this? I have attempted to load the cd to >a folder on the desk top, go to msconfig and ensured that >selective startup was enabled with Load...

Problems Installing OFFICE SP3
When I seek to install Office SP3 it asks for DATA1OUT.MSI from my original install disk. The file does not exist on my original install disk which is Office 2000 SR1. Does anyone know what I can do to install? Do you have programs installed from different product disks, such as Outlook from the disk that comes with a PDA? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Money 2004: Displaying an associated cash account in the Account List
My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also acts as a chequing account. As a result, I track the cash balance of the account in its associated cash account. It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must switch to either the portfolio or transaction view. Is it possible to view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account list? I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and transfering all the transactions to it. Thanks! Steve Guidi In microsoft.public.money, Steve Guidi wrote: >My brokerage firm provides me wi...

Whether IE on Mac supports authenticaiton?
Whether IE (Internet Explorer) on Mac supports authenticaiton? How we can do it on client side? Thanks! ...

Office 2001 update 9.0.5
anyone...? -- ...rotinom siht edisni deppart m'I !!esaelp em pleH What's your question? On 10/27/04 12:57 PM, "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote: > anyone...? -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

3rds landscape form on word mac
I've been PC for so long the MAc is slowly winning me over though! How do I get my document to go in 3rd's for landscape form? G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to hold a successful meeting http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0059747f-8775-4965-b56d-cab220b2f1b9/how-to-hold-a-successful.aspx I think we need a bit more detail. Are you trying to create three columns on a landscape document or three rows? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <G Soil>...

mini frame windows in MDI apps
Does anyone know how I can have my MDI child frame windows use the narrow title bars similar to those used in CMiniFrameWnd? Thanks ...