Office:mac 2004 language?

I live in Germany and recently purchased Microsoft Office:mac 2004
Student/Teacher version in German.  I am primarily an English-speaker,
however, and want to be sure that this German version will allow me to
install it in English, and not German.  Anyone know, so I can decide
whether or not to unwrap it?

Hello Heidi,

unfortunately, Office is, as far as menus are concerned, monolingual, i.e.
if you have bought the German version of Office 2004, all your menus will be
in German, too, and there's no way to change them to English, or any other
language, for that matter. Since English is your language of choice, you
will need to buy an English version via international resellers.

On 5/10/06 17:35, in article
1160062528.087121.310900@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "Heidi"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener1 (110)
10/5/2006 3:46:23 PM
Don't unwrap it.  Because unlike many Mac programs, with Office 2004 you
*cannot* change the language of menus and help.

Wait for confirmation, but I would assume that packaging in German means
menus, dialogs, and help in German.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Language Conversion
I am trying to change the language in a workbook from Japanese to English. How can this be done? Hello David, What exactly do you mean? It's like this, I think: Excel formulas differ between languages, as the names of the same Excel-functions have been translated in different language versions of Excel in order to be comprehensible to users. Some language versions use comma's for separators, others use semicolons. But all these things should automatically be converted on openening a workbook, as the functionality they refer to is essentially untouched by the nationalization or tran...

Money 2004 Trail Upgrade Problems
Hello... I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 last year, a few days after doing that I upgraded it to the Deluxe version via the option located under the tools menu. I bought it for $39.99, they sent me an activation code and when I entered it and that I had a full deluxe version. I recently had major problems with my computer so I had to uninstall money and reinstall it. Upon installing it, every time I open money, it says the trial has expired and I must purchase the program to continue. I have followed the link it has gave me and also used the upgrade icon in the Money ...

restore backup problem Money 2004
I cannot restore the backup file. It said Money cannot locate file or cannot open it because it is a read-only file. I did copy backup file to hard drive and restore to different location, different name. But there's still the problem. I'm using Money 2004 running on Window xp. I read the other thread for Money 2005 but dont know where to update my version of Money 2004? Pls Help, Thanks! ...

Excel tutorials for first time Mac user
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'm fairly capable with M/S Office on a p.c. Just got my first Mac and feel like a total idiot. Can't find tutorial or other help info for real basic stuff--i.e. inserting a new line in an existing spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me where to go, in a nice way :)? Thanks much and sorry for asking such a stupid question. Bob Try MacTopia, the official website of the Macintosh BU. Excel Help and How-To: <http://tinyurl.com/6hap8w> Excel (and other apps) courses: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/courses.mspx> On 08/07/08 5:09, in arti...

Office apps close
The Office 2008 apps keep closing down by themselves! The app closes and then a message comes up asking if I want to Send my problem's information and if I want to Recover my work. What can I do to stop this? Is this because of my Office 2008 intallation or is it my Mac? Normally, it is caused by broken documents. If someone has been hacking and chopping in the documents, they can break the internal code so the application can't read them. Which format are you using? How were the documents created? Which OS are you using? Which processor? On 11/02/08 4:54 PM, in article ee8cf3c....

Office 2003 Toolbars
I was having a problem in Office XP with links to other spreadsheets. Every time I clicked a link and opened another spreadsheet, the Web and Review toolbars would open. I inserted the follwoing code in each Workbook and it solved the problem: Sub Workbook_Open() ' Hide the "Web" and "Reviewing" Toolbars/Commandbars Application.CommandBars("Web").Visible = False Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False End Sub I have now upgraded to Office 2003 and the Web toolbar still opens, even though the code is there. Any ide...

How do I script the Office Setup Assistant?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I have written scripts to configure Entourage for Exchange, and to set the "default save format" of word and so on. But, there is no applescript dictionary for the Setup Assistant. Is there a way to script this so I can fully automate the deploy and not have the setup assistant and Auto Update trigger on first run? I need to be able to enter the users name, office address, phone and email info as part of the the deploy process. ExGenius@officeformac.com wrote: > I have written scripts to configure...

"Out of Office" Missing from toolbar in Outlook 2007
Just noticed this today. Looking for guidance. Are you using an Exchange account? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/374 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16106D3-342C-42F1-B440-FC8842EC4BB5@microsoft.com... > Just noticed this today. Looking for guidance. Just to clarify,...

MM 2004
I have noticed the past few times I have tried to get updates, I get the following error: Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI'). Any ideas??? Chris Chris, I was encountering the same error and followed these steps to correct it. 1. Open Control Panel. 2. Open Internet Options. 3. Click on "Delete Files..." (Temporary Internet Files). 4. Click on "Delete Cookies..." (although I'm pretty sure this step isn't required) 5. Open and close Microsoft Money again...the error should be gone. You can also access the I...

How do I change default font for all new comments in Office 2003?
I just installed Office 2003 and transfered excel files from the older version. The comments that I had created before I moved to 2003 look fine in the default font (Tahoma); however, when I try to insert a new comment, the same font (same size, same formatting) the text looks virtually unreadable. I changed font in some comments and they look much better, but it is extremely inefficient to try to change font in every new comment I insert, so I thought maybe there is a way to do it on a default basis. Or maybe I somehow could change something to make Tahoma appear readable. Please, assi...

upgrade from Money 2002 to 2004
I'm looking to upgrade from 2002 to 2004 - are there any problems/issues I should be aware of? Thanks. Some files have problems upgrading for reasons unknown. "H Barker" <hmbarker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oow153Z1DHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm looking to upgrade from 2002 to 2004 - are there any problems/issues I > should be aware of? no "H Barker" <hmbarker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oow153Z1DHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm looking to upgrade from 2002 to 2004 - are there any problems/issues I > shoul...

Why is Office so Official?
I think more informality would be ever so much nicer. Hows about this for unofficialness and just plain downhome kindness. Shoot me and the boys is going round back to sit on some cans and shoot some dice you wanna come along? ...

Can't open Office programs on two computers at the same time
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I purchased Microsoft Office 2004 for mac several years ago and installed it on my MacBook. <br><br>Recently I purchased a new computer (a MacBook Pro) and transferred the software over, leaving a copy on my old computer for my wife to use. Both computers are connected to the same wireless network in our home. <br><br>Here's my problem: if one of us is using any of the Office suite programs (ex. Word) and the other tries to open that or any other program (ex. Excel, Power Point), no...

OLMAP32.DLL Error after upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on XP/SP3 machine
Two days ago I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise on a laptop running XP/SP3. Everything I've tried in the office suite seems to work well except Outlook. Even after applying Office SP1, whenever I try to start Outlook I get a tiny error box that simply says error, OLMAPI32.DLL. I have spent more time than I would like to admit Googling the problem but have found no solution that works for me although I've tried various solutions that appear in multiple discussions of the problem=97up to and including experimenting with removing all registry references to OLMAPI32.D...

auto-updating the auto-updater so 12.0.1 can be installed forces a complete delete and reinstall of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Okay - I must confess I never thought that the mac geeks that work for microsoft had any affinity for writing bad code, but i definately found some in the auo-updating system - which after a reinstall didnt recognise that 12.0.1 OR its own update were ready for download - i had to download 12.0.1 as a .dmg and have NO idea how to force the upgrader program to upgrade itself like its supposed to -- because it DID SO ONCE, and as of this moment none of the applications that are updated by that package refect that they have...

how do I switch identities using office 2003?
I just upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2003, and I can't find my second email account. How do I switch identities? I went from outlook 6 to microsoft office outlook 2003. Outlook doesn't support that OE feature. Use separate Windows accounts or multiple Outlook Profiles. You can configure Outlook Profiles via the Mail icon in Control panel. "Darcy" <Darcy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A78D812-9EA7-4C89-9D20-2076B135CC16@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2003, and I can't find my second email > account. How do I s...

Office Home and Student 2007.
Need to uninstall old msn office to install new one? if not, is it better to uninstall the old one to save disk space? thanks! Mar Depends if your mysterious new one is an Upgrade or a Retail version -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "MAR" <MAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96AB5F22-6008-4EFA-8FD5-9CB58997AD2F@microsoft.com... > Need to uninstall old msn office to install new one? if not, is it better to > uninstall the old one to sa...

cANNOT INSTALL M-Money 2004
When I try to install Money 2004, or remove Money 2003 I am told I must insert the 2003 disk. I can not find it, how can I install the 2004 version? Thanks, Bob Lalor ...

Adding the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro?
Can I add the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro? If so, how? You'll need to ask the folks that make it. http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/faqs.htm Jeff wrote: > Can I add the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro? If so, how? ...

Crashing after a clean install
Hi, Clean install of 2007 on a new PC, all works fine except Outlook. Have tried to use 'autodiscover' to connect to account but keeps crashing. Tried manually - keeps crashing. Event viewer has the source as "Microsoft Office 12" "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module rpcrt4.dll, version 5.1.2600.5795, stamp 49e5f46d, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000b34f." Have tried the detect and repair. Crashes into safe mode. MSKB has not help files for this error! Can anyone help please? TIA, ...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update posted
August 14, 2007 Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) today released Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update. "This update fixes a vulnerability that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. For more information about this update, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article (KB940763)." Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update is installed on your computer. To get the latest announcements, subscribe to the Entourage Help Blog. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/...

Office 2010
I would like to know if the Office Home and Student Version for 2010 will be the same as will be included in the full Office 2010 Suite. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks Gene L. The programs included in each will be different. Office Home and Business 2010 is: Word Outlook OneNote PowerPoint Excel Office Professional 2010 is: Word Excel Access PowerPoint OneNote Publisher Outlook Office Home and Student 2010 is: Word Excel PowerPoint OneNote "Gene L." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:8B39B1F3-A479-4182-B9CA-319...

Government Applications One Focus of XML 2004
XML 2004 to Focus on Government XML Applications Expanded Government Track to Highlight XML Applications in U.S. and Abroad; XML.gov, KM.gov, CIO Council, and SICoP to Co-Host Event Alexandria, Va. – Oct. 6, 2004 – IDEAlliance, a leading industry association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today announced that XML Conference and Exposition 2004 will feature a full track of presentations and topics focused on government-related XML applications and solutions. XML 2004 is slated for Nov. 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. Ma...

Install trouble with outlook 2002 after uninstall of office 2003
Hello, I bought a new PC with office 2003 trial. I prefered office XP so I uninstalled the 2003 trial and used my Office XP disk to install. All is well except outlook 2002 gives me this message: UNABLE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT E-MAIL FOLDERS. COULD NOT OPEN ITEM. TRY AGAIN?. I get caught in an endless loop here.. HELP!! Create a new mail profile under Control Panel, Mail Icon. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jimi...

Office X Toolbars keep closing
Is there a way to get the standard and formatting toolbars to stay on the screen. Every once in a while, I accidentally close them by clicking the square in the upper left corner. I would like to get that square off of the toolbar so I can't close them anymore. Please help! thanks, Devin In article <1724b01c41831$f8aae530$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "dholzer@conejo.k12.ca.us" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get the standard and formatting > toolbars to stay on the screen. Every once in a while, I > accidentally close t...