Office 2011 #2

Want to say that I'm impressed with 2011. Many things on my wish list
were done to improve older versions�the tiny Style window in Word is
better than the Windows version, Outlook doesn't make you scroll though
a long list of fonts to get to what you want, and the software plays
better with the Mac OS.

I use Office for Windows 2003, 2007, and 2010 and Office for Mac 2004
and 2011. My preference is on the Mac side but I get my work done with
all versions.

Thank you MS.

Script #2
I am using exchange server for a company based calendar, and POP3 email. Exchange keeps setting itself as the default account, and when my user try to send email, the emails will return to them saying unable to send mail. There is supposed to be script that you can disable to stop this from happening. Does any one know how to do this? On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:01:04 -0700, "Rkd2398" <Rkd2398@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using exchange server for a company based calendar, and POP3 email. >Exchange keeps setting itself as the default account, and when my user ...

A CString question #2
Hi to all, Given the following: CString sTheString = "Hello world"; void UseTheString(CString s) { ... } Where UseTheString() is a function that takes a string as an argument. My questions are the following: 1. Is it rather better to use the below version of the function? If yes, why? void UseTheString(LPCTSTR s) { ... } 2. When can I substitute a CString with a LPCTSTR and vice versa? Thanks a lot, Geo Geo wrote: > Hi to all, > > Given the following: > > CString sTheString = "Hello world"; > void UseTheString(CString s) &...

Junk E-mail filter problems in Outlook 2003 #2
The Junk E-mail Options - Safe Senders tab states "E-mail from addresses or domain names on your Safe Senders List will never be treated as junk e-mail. In that list I have (for example) nytdirect@nytimes.com which is the from address for a daily DealBook summary to which I have subscribed. Yet, in an unpredictable pattern, email from this address lands in my Junk E-mail folder. Each time, I click on the "Not Junk" toolbar button and am then informed in a "Mark as Not Junk" dialog box that "This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder." I then leave...

installed office 2007, 2003 calendar events did not appear.
I had a error 1311 on installation of office 2007. The error solution was to uninstall office 2003 and reinstall 2007. Everything came up fine except calendar. None of my events from 2003 showed up, however my reminder popups worked from the 2003 calendar. I can't find the name of the calendar file to try to reinstall. Thanks, Charlie The calendar is in your pst. Do you see the calendar if you use Folder list view? (Press Ctrl+6 to switch to the folder list. ) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Sumproduct and the darn dates! #2
Great - it worked! Thank you. : -- Krelle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kreller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1163 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27044 glad it helped -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kreller" <Kreller.1edlop@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Kreller.1edlop@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Great - it worked! Thank you. :) > > > -- > Kreller > -----------------------------------------...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

Data analysis by 2-dimensional data table + database
Hello, in an old Excel-manual (possibly way back to version 3) by Microsoft there was an excellent example of a 2-dimensional datatable (in German: Mehrfachoperation) with input variables based on database results. Now I would need to apply this technique, but my old manual is lost, and I can't figure out by heart exactly how this was done. Does somebody still have an old manual from which to draw the model, or can let me know the deatils of the trick? Thank you in advance. Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H., I think that you are talking about a cross-tab table....

Out of Office not working Exchange 2003
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and have set the Internet Message Formats properties to allow Out of Office responses, restarted the SMTP and Exchange Routing Engine services, but it still won't send the Out of Office message to outside recipients. I even set the Allow automatic replies to on, just to see if that will work, but it simply doesn't. Any ideas on what else I need to do? A client really needs to get this working on his server, and I can't even get it working on mine. Rob Miles -- There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those w...

Web Integration #2
Is anyone using a web integration solution with more than one site from the same database other than the Kosmos solution? Bill Hobby Central On Oct 26, 12:25=A0pm, Hobby Central <HobbyCent...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is anyone using a web integration solution with more than one site from t= he > same database other than the Kosmos solution? > > Bill > Hobby Central We have 7 or 8 plus e-commerce sites using one database on the Nitrosell platform. Nitrosell ties in real time with your inventory, and as you add additional web stores you add additional columns...

Sorting problem #2
Dear all, I have a list of integers from A1 to A10. If I would like to store the absolute address of the third cell counted from the top in column A containing "1" in B1, what formula should I use? For example, if the data from A1 to A10 are 3, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3, I want B1 stores "$A$5" as A5 is the third cell containing "1". Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Chris Chris, One way Add a column B with the cell names i.e a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,etc Enter in C1 ...........=B3 do a sort on A column after selecting a1:b10 Use the undo button, enter ne...

Followup Flag Reminder #2
Hello, I have issues using 'Flag Reminder' feature. I have setup rules wizard to move messages to different folders. Now if I flag a message that has been moved to a different folder, I don't get any reminders, though I am getting reminders if the flagged message is in the Inbox itself. Has anyone faced this problem? How do I resolve this? Thanks, Ravi Reminders will only fire from the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folders in the default mail store. You'd need a 3rd party add-in to make them work in other folders. See www.slovaktech.com for a couple of add-ins...

Only 2000 characters in CRM 1.2?
HI, I have using MS CRM 1.2 and we seem to be limited in the notes section for Phone calls and letters to 2000 characters which we find VERY limiting. Is there any way around this at all? CHeers, Paul Yeah...upgrade! EnigmaPaul@gmail.com schreef: > HI, > > I have using MS CRM 1.2 and we seem to be limited in the notes section > for Phone calls and letters to 2000 characters which we find VERY > limiting. > > Is there any way around this at all? > > CHeers, > > Paul ...

Excel book #2
Witch is the best excel book? marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Depends upon where you start from, and what you want to achieve. Check out John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible as a start. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "marquetta kayes" <marquetta.kayes@livepharm.com> wrote in message news:1a5c7$42e4a746$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com... > Witch is the best excel book? > > marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Considering you can get it delivered to your inbox, free, you might want to try MrExcel's new book. http://www...

Cash Sales Entry #2
How to do a cash sales entry? You mean a cash-basis accounting type of entry or a sales transaction where you are receiving cash (as opposed to check or credit card)? New User wrote: > How to do a cash sales entry? ...

MS POS 2.0 install in Spanish
Hi Everyone, I want to install MS POS 2.0 in Spanish. Has anyone accomplished this? Thanks, Patricia Hi Patricia.... You have to contact Mr Louis Piedra in Scansource technologies. They are the latin american partners of Microsoft RMS. I understand that they have already the files needed to run RMS 2.0 in spanish. "Patricia" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to install MS POS 2.0 in Spanish. Has anyone accomplished this? > Thanks, > > Patricia ...

Cannot delete a public folder #2
Hello, I have a public folder under all public folders that I cannot delete. When I try to delete it in Outlook is says "Some items could not be deleted. They were either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." When I try to delete the folder from ESM it asks me if if I'm sure, I click yes and then get prompted for authentication. I have tried both the domain adminstrators account and the account I use to administer the domain and Exchange. It just keeps prompting me for a user name and password until finally it says access denied. I've gone through just abou...

customise timeline
Hi there, I need to set up a customised timeline with a "day 0" - it's to do a month end timetable for an accounting function. Day 0 would be the last day of the month and is the reference point day -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 4 etc Do you know how I can set this up? At the moment it goes from day 1 to day -1 and I need a day 0 in between. Thanks Thanks, Hi robbo, Are you trying to customize the Gantt chart timeline? If so, I'm sorry, the answer is no. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mv...

Unable to open excel file #2
Hi. I have problem openning an excel file from windows explorer or from my desktop. However, when I open the excel program and open a file manually(File-Open----) everything works fine. I get an error message that the file could not be located. I noticed that it adds .xls to every word separated by space. For example: My file is in C:/Shared/Folder/test.xls, it tries to open: C:/Shared.xls then Folder.xls then test.xls Please help. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! I think the steps below will solve this problem: 1. Exit Excel 2. From the Startmenu, cli...

Invest in our children #2
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Array Problem #2
Hi, I can't get my array formula to work properly. I see this problem in both Excel 2003 and 2007. The data fields are as follows: A1: 1 A2: 2000 B1: GB B2: MB The formula is: {=SUM(IF(B1:B2="MB",A1:A2/1000,A1:A2))} The result is: 3 (as it should be) But if I should change the values in cell A1:A2 from numeric's to text, the result should change to zero as text can not be added. But this is not what happens. Instead, cell A1 is not added (as it should not be), but cell A2 is somehow treated as a numeric and is added to the result! Example: A1: '1 A2: '...

Public folder query #2
How can I view by a query if a user has given access to exchange public folder? thanks -- Dambo On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 03:48:15 -0700, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I view by a query if a user has given access to exchange public folder? > >thanks pfdavadmin is always useful: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en ok, thank you but if I would use a query...any help? -- Dambo "Andy David {MVP}" wrote: > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 03:48:15 -0700, Damb0 > <D...

Office Professional Xp user buys a Mac
Hi, Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office professional XP suite (2002), in a new Mac with the latest version of Office available for the Mac? Office 2008 doesn't support macros and VBA, go for Office 2004 if you need that. Otherwise your files should run fine. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14b9d961-12fa-4065-bc14-4b9fb18d5c43@z17g2000vbd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office > professional XP suite (2002), in...

sent e-mail #2
How do I save sent e-mails in Outlook 2000? Where are the kept? In a folder? file? PLs reply to terry6515@yahoo.com "terru" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085501c3b59e$93c33550$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I save sent e-mails in Outlook 2000? Where are the > kept? In a folder? file? > > PLs reply to terry6515@yahoo.com they are in your Sent items Folder ...

Static Linking (Part 2)
My project (.exe) includes an dll. Dll size is 2 MB. If I create static lib file (for static linking) for that dll (I have dll source code), will then compiler/linker take only code I use (from dll) and link in my.exe, so I don't have to deploy whole dll (2MB), but only what I use in dll (i.e. 0,5 MB)? Thank you. > My project (.exe) includes an dll. Dll size is 2 MB. If I create static >lib file (for static linking) for that dll (I have dll source code), will >then compiler/linker take only code I use (from dll) and link in my.exe, so >I don't have to deploy who...

Counting only the "right" activities #2
Thanx. The sumproduct formula works fine - I haven't really dissected i yet so i'm not sure I understand why it works - but it does, and that' what's important : -- Krelle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kreller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1163 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26913 Sumproduct is not quite the answer to life, the universe and everythin ......but it is very useful for pulling data out of large tables. see below for more info on how ...