Office 2008 for Mac & Proofing Tools SDK

Good day.

We want to develop Proofing Tools for Russian language (spelling,
thesaurus, hyphenation) for Microsoft Office 2008 (Mac OS X). We have
all necessary resources (we have released some Russian linguistic
software for Mac OS X). But I cann't find any useful information - API
or documentation, or samples for Proofing Tools 2008 (Mac OS X).

I had a talk with Microsoft office in Russia, but still waiting their
answer. I know that Microsoft is not interesting in Russian Mac market
(it is too small). But there is no way at all to sell Microsoft Office
for Mac without Proofing Tools for native language.

Where can I find information about API or documentation, or samples
for Proofing Tools 2008? May be someone have e-mail contact of Mac BU
(Macintosh Business Unit at Microsoft)?

We just only need a little information (API, documentation or samples)
and no more.

Thank you very much!

--
Yuri Yuriev

Hi Yuri:

I have asked someone from the Microsoft Macintosh Business Unit to contact
you off-list.

Cheers

On 28/01/08 10:05 PM, in article
c05bcf33-c238-47c2-bbad-8bade0ef0272@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
"Kyrie1965" <Yuri.Yuriev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day.
>
> We want to develop Proofing Tools for Russian language (spelling,
> thesaurus, hyphenation) for Microsoft Office 2008 (Mac OS X). We have
> all necessary resources (we have released some Russian linguistic
> software for Mac OS X). But I cann't find any useful information - API
> or documentation, or samples for Proofing Tools 2008 (Mac OS X).
>
> I had a talk with Microsoft office in Russia, but still waiting their
> answer. I know that Microsoft is not interesting in Russian Mac market
> (it is too small). But there is no way at all to sell Microsoft Office
> for Mac without Proofing Tools for native language.
>
> Where can I find information about API or documentation, or samples
> for Proofing Tools 2008? May be someone have e-mail contact of Mac BU
> (Macintosh Business Unit at Microsoft)?
>
> We just only need a little information (API, documentation or samples)
> and no more.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> --
> Yuri Yuriev

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
1/29/2008 11:57:56 AM
IF I'M USING DIFFERENT LANGUAGE THAN Office 2008 HAS IN 'PROOFING' PACKAGE - THAN WHAT ????<br>
I NEED POLISH LANGUAGE/GRAMMAR/SPELLING CHECK, AND THERE IS NO INFORMATION (ON BOX, IN WEB, ETC.) THIS LANGUAGE IS NOT SUPPORT. NO INFORMATION ABOUT ANY ALTERNATIVE OR FUTURE SOLUTION (EG HOW TO ADD DIFFERENT DICTIONARY THAN OFFERED IN BASIC PACKAGE).<br>
MS - AS USUAL - GIVE US NO INFORMATION OR SUPPORT.<br>
galkowski@onet.pl
0
MARCIN
2/1/2008 3:11:48 PM
Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting a different question.

MARCIN wrote:
> IF I'M USING DIFFERENT LANGUAGE THAN Office 2008 HAS IN 'PROOFING'
> PACKAGE - THAN WHAT ????
>
> I NEED POLISH LANGUAGE/GRAMMAR/SPELLING CHECK, AND THERE IS NO
> INFORMATION (ON BOX, IN WEB, ETC.) THIS LANGUAGE IS NOT SUPPORT. NO
> INFORMATION ABOUT ANY ALTERNATIVE OR FUTURE SOLUTION (EG HOW TO ADD
> DIFFERENT DICTIONARY THAN OFFERED IN BASIC PACKAGE).
>
> MS - AS USUAL - GIVE US NO INFORMATION OR SUPPORT.
> galkowski@onet.pl
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/1/2008 3:21:18 PM
"not attempt to hijack a thread by posting a different question"<br>
&nbsp;THERE IS NO INFORMATION ABOUT LANGUAGE SUPPORTED BY MSO '08 ON THE BOX (OR IN APPLE WEB PAGE).<br>
POLAND HAS 40 mln. CITIZENS, AND THE FACT IS: NO ONE CAN USE THIS PACKAGE....
0
MARCIN
2/1/2008 3:38:37 PM
I answered your question the first time you posted it. Posting the same
question, in three vaguely related threads, instead of posting a new
question, is just rude. Posting in all caps, which is equivalent to
YELLING, is even ruder, and it makes your question very hard to read.
Please stop.

MARCIN wrote:
> "not attempt to hijack a thread by posting a different question"
>  THERE IS NO INFORMATION ABOUT LANGUAGE SUPPORTED BY MSO '08 ON THE
> BOX (OR IN APPLE WEB PAGE).
> POLAND HAS 40 mln. CITIZENS, AND THE FACT IS: NO ONE CAN USE THIS
> PACKAGE....
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/1/2008 3:42:47 PM
FRANKLY - YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.<br>
QUESTION WAS - HOW TO INCORPORATE POLISH DICTIONARY INTO MSO '08 ?
0
MARCIN

--B_3284719175_653503

On 2/1/08 10:54 AM, in article ee8af2e.6@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MARCIN"
<MARCIN> wrote:

> FRANKLY - YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.
>
> QUESTION WAS - HOW TO INCORPORATE POLISH DICTIONARY INTO MSO '08 ?
Your question WAS answered. Stop yelling in upper case, or no one will
answer. There are no Polish proofing tools in Office 2008. Daiya told you
what languages are available. No one here knows when (or even if) Polish
proofing tools will ever be available.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

--B_3284719175_653503

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Office 2008 for Mac &amp; Proofing Tools SDK</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>On 2=
/1/08 10:54 AM, in article ee8af2e.6@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, &quot;MARCIN&q=
uot; &lt;MARCIN&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>FRANKLY - YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.<BR>
<BR>
QUESTION WAS - HOW TO INCORPORATE POLISH DICTIONARY INTO MSO '08 ?<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"=
><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>Your question WAS answered. Stop yelling in up=
per case, or no one will answer. There are no Polish proofing tools in Offic=
e 2008. Daiya told you what languages are available. No one here knows when =
(or even if) Polish proofing tools will ever be available.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><BR>
-- <BR>
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh<BR>
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Luc=
ida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3284719175_653503--

0
bob6686 (387)
2/1/2008 6:59:34 PM
oh, please please please make some Russian proofing tools. I'm studying Russian in college and would love to have proofing tools for my documents. Good luck!
0
softspot
2/21/2008 8:47:00 PM
Use Help>Send Feedback to make sure that Microsoft hears your request.

They are in discussion with a developer about producing these:  if you add
your vote to the list, you are much more likely to get them.

On 22/02/08 6:17 AM, in article ee8af2e.8@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"softspot" <softspot> wrote:

> oh, please please please make some Russian proofing tools. I'm studying
> Russian in college and would love to have proofing tools for my documents.
> Good luck!

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

SBS 2008 migration
I have started a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 premium. I have done the basic load (everything up to starting the migration wizards on the new server) so far and had one installation issue. The issue was that I could not download updates. When I try to run the CTIW it errors. Says that it cannot connect to the internet. It cannot grab my router and make any changes (old router, not upnp). However, my router is working fine with the 2003 server. So, basically, no one on my network can connect to the internet and/or the old exchange server. The new server cannot con...

Office 2007 Suite
I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program. I purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home. All this, of course, is for my home use. I have two desk tops and one lap top at home. Out of the two things I purchased I received one key number. Can I load what I purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated? Thanks. Nope, ONE machine is all the Home Use program provides for. Penny wrote: > I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program. I > purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home. A...

How do I set up an out of office auto response?
Hi: I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help me out? Thank you so much. JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help > me out? Thank you so much. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it? "Brian Tillman&qu...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Using sdk to find out if an Account already exists
Hi, Want to use sdk to see if an Account already exists , all i have is its name. I've looked at Retrieve method but it requires the Guid. Any equivalent call to Retrieve that just takes name? Or a way to get the Guid from the name? Sample code would be great if available. Thanks for all help. John Hi John, The method you are looking for is RetrieveMultiple as only the guid search gives the certainty to retrieve only one record. All explanations are in the sdk but as the sdk sample is nearly the exact code you want, here it is : // Set up the CRM Service. CrmService service =3D new ...

office 2003 #2
I recently installed office 2003 on a network for a company. When trying to insert a picture into an excel file, and then printing, the picture will be distorted. Instead of one picture it becomes 4 small, stretched out pictures as if it smeared, but it didnt. It looks like it skipped 4 times. I've printed out different pictures from different computers from different printers and there is usually one or more distorted pictures. I wouldnt have emailed you in this type of categorie if i didnt think it had to do with the recent installation of office 2003, because these problems ...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

2008 group MIA?
I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a message I posted to it asking for confirmation has not appeared... (I.e. message headers, when opened, result in entirely unrelated messages appearing.) No other problems with other groups in the same client and mailstore. I just made a new test post to see if shows up.. In the mean time are you having an SBS problem or just wanting raise the alert of possible problems with sbs2008? Bill Sanderson wrote: > I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a > message I posted ...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

Excel addon for Mac
For my marketing college class I had to buy a textbook that comes with Excel addon software. However, the software is Windows only. I own a Mac with office, Excel included. Does anyone know if there if a copy of the software for Macs? Textbook: Basic Marketing Research: Using Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Software: XL Data Analyst OS: Mac OS X 10.4.4 Office: Mac office 2004 Teacher/Student Edition I have also contacted the publisher of the book and they said they could not find a Mac version of the addon. A search of google leads to http://xldataanalyst.com/Basic/ -- Regards, Tush...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Microsoft Excel 2007 to Mac Excel 2008 Issue regarding Macros
I have created worksheets on my PC using MS Excel 2007. I transfered them to a Mac user and when open the excel worksheet on his computer it tells me &quot;Excel 2008 for Mac can't run the Macros&quot; <br><br>Can someone maybe please help me to a way around this ???? Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? > Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? <br><br>Mac Excel 2004. ...

Windows 2008 and 2003 TS
Hello, We currently use Windows 2003 Std Edition as a DC and TS on one box. We want to separate these roles onto two different boxes as they should be. We can only afford to purchase one more box, and would like to keep the current 2003 Server as a TS only. We would purchase a 2008 STD Server to be the new DC. We have some questions: 1. Can a Windows 2008 Std Server as a DC exist with a 2003 Terminal Server in the same domain? 2. The 2003 TS would also be the licensing Server..is that a problem? 3. Due to partition size issues on the current server, we will be reformatting...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

How Can I tell which product key is on which Mac?
I hve 30 Mac's at my location and 30 coppies of Office. One hard disk has failed and needs to be rebuilt. My predicessor did not record which Product key goes with which machine. How can I match the product keys to the computers so I know which license belongs on the rebuilt machine? ...

cannot turn on out of office assistant
does anyone know how to get the out of office assistant to work in outlook 2002? i have followed all of the troubleshooting and have downloaded all the available updates and nothing works. I would really like to get this to work before i go on vacation! please help!!! Are you connected to an Exchange Server? If not you will not have that option. If you're not on Exchange you can emulate it. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830 OL2000: (IMO) How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260987...

how to copy and paste office 2007
new to office how do I copy and paste This works the same as in previous versions. Just select the contents, press Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. For more options when pasting, use the Paste Special dialog box (click Home tab | Paste Special). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jamiejames" <jamiejames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E818A730-B744-4D98-8065-9D627B41279E@microsoft.com... > new to office how do I copy and paste There are several ways, but the way I find easiest is to define the text you want to copy, press...

Damaged Fonts with Office 2004?
When I run FontDoctor or Extensis Suitcase's font diagnostic/repair program, six fonts that come with MS Office 2004 are reported to be damaged. The message indicates that the resource fork for the following fonts is damaged: MS Gothic.ttf MS Mincho.ttf MS PGothic.ttf MS PMincho.ttf PMingLiU.ttf SimSun.ttf These fonts come this way on the Office 2004 CD. Are these fonts actually damaged, or is this just some quirk of FontDoctor and Suitcases' diagnostic treatment of Windows Truetype fonts? ...

Password Recovery Tool ? ? ?
Hi All Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use, would be greatly appreciated ! ! ! Thanks Dodge Dodge, Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet and then run this subroutine. It will "come" back with teh message that an password is found. Click OK and the protection from the sheet will be removed. Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet() 'Author unknown 'Breaks worksheet password protection. Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer ...

upgrade to 2008 sbs from sbs 2003
I have a company that has 2 locations two different domains each using sbs 2003 . They are going to move to one location and want to move one of the companies into the other as far as the server goes. We would just rejoin that company to the other domain as far as computers go but would use there present email for those users and have them really have two different email addresses one fo the second company etc.. My main question is if I buy the 2008 sbs premium software. Can I use the licenses that I have for sbs 2003. In other words can I use the present liceses when I upgrade. T...

Office 2008 and Network Home Folders
Dear all, This is my first message here, I'm a rookie system administrator of a small office composed of Apple computers. All these computers are running Mac OS X 10.5.1. We also have a special (2GB of RAM) Mac Mini that we use as our OS X Server (10.5.1). Our server is providing basic networking services (Gateway, Firewall, NAT, DHCP, DNS, VPN) and it's also an Open Directory Master. Home folders of staff are stored in the server and get mounted on the workstation via AFP (aka Network Home Folder). Everything is working fine so far. But here starts my problem : Recently we've u...

integration with MS office accounting 2006
Hello Does anyone know MS office accounting 2006 will integrated with RMS 2.0? I saw couple articles says it is compatible with RMS 1.3 but I could not fint article related to RMS 2.0 Please be advised. thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01CA15C5.097A6FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, No, it will not. BTW, Microsoft's Office Accounting is in maintenance mode, meaning no = more updates. MS Money died last month too. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this...

transfer Office