Office 2008 and Sharepoint

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse on this group, but I'm looking for
information regarding Office 2008 and Sharepoint (or any of the other
Office 2007 systems such as forms server, communications server,
etc...).  I've found information regarding MS's party line of "support
for Universal Binary" and that it will support the new Open-XML
standard but we are really looking for seamless compatability between
Office 2007 and Office 2008 (besides the lack of VBA support).

Thanks,

0
lavigne1 (1)

In article <1172587805.521136.268290@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
 "Jason LaVigne" <lavigne@email.wcu.edu> wrote:

> I hope I'm not beating a dead horse on this group, but I'm looking for
> information regarding Office 2008 and Sharepoint (or any of the other
> Office 2007 systems such as forms server, communications server,
> etc...).  I've found information regarding MS's party line of "support
> for Universal Binary" and that it will support the new Open-XML
> standard but we are really looking for seamless compatability between
> Office 2007 and Office 2008 (besides the lack of VBA support).

Unfortunately, that's about all that's been released at this point.
Anything else would be speculation by those who don't know.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Integration Offices
We have 5 offices each one having its own CRM 3.0 of 10 users, and each one on a different domain. Is there a way to integrate those CRM so any person in the company can check the system of any office under those conditions? Any suggestion or document is highly appreciated. Maria Do the offices have their own list of accounts/contacts and other CRM entitities that need to stay separate from the other offices? Generally when you install CRM, its available for the users in that Active Directory. Doesnt sound like it was planned very well unless there was some type of company merge. ...

SRID values for Spatial Data Tyoes in SQL Server 2008
Hi There I've been investigating spatial data types in SQL Server 2008 for my customers. It appears only certain coordinate systems are supported by SQL Server 2008. How do I request that the missing coordinate systems for my country (New Zealand) get added? More details below: For the geometry data type: None of the local projected coordinate systems for NZ are supported in SQL Server 2008. These supported EPSG codes (SRIDs) are stored in the sys.spatial_reference_systems system view in a SQL Server 2008 DB. (NZ projected EPSG codes are 27200 (New Zealand Map...

Office 2003, crashes
Hi, I have a problem with Excel 2003. If I make linking between another worksheets in a workbook or when I try to link from other worksheets in formula does application excel.exe to crash. see sample ( formula in cell =+':\Document_2009\FII_Financ\2009\PDC\[calculation_pdc_2009.xls]Oct'!$BW$8) The error messages on my computer is following: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8316.0, stamp 4ace3b8f, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8316.0, stamp 4ace3b8f, ,fDebug: 0, Offset: 001cb5c9 (PC DELL OPTIFLEX 170 - Windows XP ver.2002, SP3 Intel Pentium ...

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Sharepoint and Data Protection Manager
Just wondering who out there is using DPM 2007 to protect Sharepoint 2007 and if there have been any problems or things to watch out for. We had a Sharepoint consultant in who has told us that DPM on its own won't protect Sharepoint. Also posted in the DPM newsgroup. Thanks, Brian I can't say I can provide any guidance. But I was curious. On Microsoft's web site they highlight the "protection" it affords to Sharepoint (http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/dataprotectionmanager/en/us/protect-sharepoint.aspx) Such an interesting dichotomy bet...

CRM and Sharepoint 11-04-04
Is there any integration between CRM and Windows Sharepoint Services or Sharepoint Portal Server? Dear Daniele, You can use webparts to load crm pages in sharepoint. you will have to direct the webparts directly to the correct page. for instance, directing it to 'http://servername/sfa/home_conts.aspx' will show the list of all contacts in sharepoint. Other standard integration is not available. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Daniele Romagnoli" wrote: > Is there any integration between CRM and Windows Sharepoint Services or > Sharepoint ...

Problems opening All microsoft office programs
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I am currently having a problem opening all Microsoft Office programs. The odd thing is that I can load old Microsoft excel,word,powerpoint files. However, I cannot use project gallery. I have no idea what is going on. ...

All Office 2000 and 2007 Excel and Word files open very slowly
If I open a Excel or Word file from a folder it takes a good 15 seconds for the file to open. If I start Word or Excel first and then do a file, open, the file will open instantly. I dowloaded the trial version of Office 2007 after this started with my Office 2000 and 2007 does it as well. I have removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and re-downloaded all SP's and updates. Have you cleared your TIF folder and Temp folders lately? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:04:01 -0700, thecloak <thecloak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I open a Excel or Word file...

out of office assistant (not working)
i am getting the following error when trying to use the out of office assistant with outlook 2003 The command is not available, see the program documentation about how to use this extension. any ideas as to why this has suddenly stopped working as it has been ok up until now?? many thanks in advance Allan none <none@none.com> wrote: > i am getting the following error when trying to use the out of office > assistant with outlook 2003 > > The command is not available, see the program documentation about how > to use this extension. The OOA is available only when...

office reinstalls every time I open a product?
How do I fix this in Vista. Tried several solutions. Office version is ???? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "vonalter" <vonalter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04DDDDD9-B2B4-4FA0-A551-A95809AE528D@microsoft.com... > How do I fix this in Vista. Tried several solutions. ...

Smart Tags and Office 2007?
Just curious, has anyone run Smart Tags and Office 2007. I am running GP 9 sp3. ------=_NextPart_0001_AB0EDC83 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. There is currently a Collaboration Request open between support and development on this issue as there are steps to enable Smart Tags for the previous version of Office, however those steps will need to be changed for Office 2007. At this time I either advise checking back here and posting on the status of the CR, or opening a support case inquiring on the status. If the issue t...

Office 2004 applics won't run after Install

Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI
A Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI as well as C++ TR1 is now available. See http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/07/mfc-beta-now-available.aspx I took a look at the help and the code to create a ribbon looks pretty convoluted. The reason is, like the CodeJock ribbon, this one based on BCGSoft also has no designer support, so you must specify every ribbon item by code. -- David >A Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI as well as C++ TR1 is >now available. See >http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/07/mfc-beta-now-available.aspx...

SBS 2008
What's the word on the street regards virtualization ? Hyper V ? What's the recommended way to go about this ? I'm reading some stuff in TechNet but also reading conflicting views elsewhere. Basically want to use the second server on SBS 2008 Premium as a Terminal Server. Can this all be done on the one box ? And if it's only SBS 2008 Standard and one purchases another copy of Windows Server 2008 can this still be done ? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01CB1DF7.174BC3C0 Content-Type: text/plain; c...

QIF 2003 into 2008
Hi everyone. You'll see in an extended earlier thread that I've had no luck upgrading from 2003 Deluxe to 2008 Plus Deluxe. To my great frustration, I have no problems moving from Money 2003 to Quicken 2008... grrr.... One thing I'm trying as a last ditch effort is to export the individual accounts from Money 2003 as QIF files. I can import them into Money 2008, but about half of all the account entries are missing dates. To us, that renders them effectively useless. Anyone seen this before? Any idea why? Any info I can provide that might clarify this? ...

Sharepoint Folders and Libraries
I tried to use network location in Vista and map it to a Sharepoint library. I got an error message that the folder could not be found. The library and folder does exist. In XP, I was able to map the document library with no problem. ...

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB971092) fails to install. Status was: Installation Failure; Error Code: 0x20000009 I notice that the download file size is 0 Mb. I had just installed a ton on stuff, and just this one failed. I restarted the computer and tried again and it failed again with the same error message. Any Ideas? Thanks. See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971092 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700)...

Styles between Mac Word 2004 and PC Word 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I am working on a very long document on my Mac laptop with Mac Office 2004. I spent a lot of time creating custom styles. I just bought MSN Office 2008 for my Windows PC. It includes Publisher. I just opened my word.doc in Word 2008 and Publisher 2008 and it looks like I have to re-create all my styles again? They don't transfer? Can I get this confirmed or is there a way to import Styles? Second question: I like using my Mac laptop to work on my project while out of the home. Eventually, I need to put the document ...

Office 2008 and Arabic Support
One of the biggest problems arabic mac users have is the lack for support for arabic language (as well as any other right-to-left languages) in the mac version of office while it's work perfectly on the windows version !! our only choice is to look for alternatives such as NeoOffice. Is there any plans to resolve this issue in the new version of office 2008 ? Regards, Ahmed Hello Ahmed - You're welcome to search this forum & the Mac Word forum for exhaustive (and *speculative*) discussion of this topic which is far too lengthy to repeat in yet another thread. If you're jus...

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

How do you add multiple rows to a SharePoint list
Is there any way to add multiple entries from a spreadsheet to a SharePoint List? Display the list as a data sheet, then us Copy/Paste from the spreadsheet into SharePoint. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 09/02/10 17:36, IWDGary wrote: > Is there any way to add multiple entries from a spreadsheet to a SharePoint > List? ...

10.5.4 & Office 2008 not loading
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel After upgrading to 10.5.4 on a MacBook Core 2 Duo a customer of mine can no longer open any office app with the latest Office 12.1.1 update (autoupdate can not find any more updates). She gets an error asking me to report, which she has, but still can't open office. Help .... Anyone else with the same issue. The last 2 lines in the error report are to do with other languages... "cheesedoff@officeformac.com" wrote: > After upgrading to 10.5.4 on a MacBook Core 2 Duo a customer of mine can no > longer...

Sharepoint Server 2003 and Business portal
Has anyone had any experiance integrating Business Portal with Sharepoint Server 2003? Right now we have Business Portal 2.0 running on one box and were developing our sharepoint portal on another. I'd like to integrate the two together with more than just a link to the buisiness portal on the sharepoint site. What's the best way to go about this? Can Sharepoint Server 2003 and Business Portal be run on the same machine, under the same virtual directory, can business portal be added as a site under sharepoint server, etc, etc? Thanks JF Yes, Sharepoint Portal Server 20...

Using GP depending on whether user is in/out of the office
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to use GP to apply a setting depending on whether a user is logged on at the office or out of office. The setting I had in mind is enable/disable using a proxy found in Internet Options. Enable it if the user is in the office and disable it when out of the office. Is there a way to do this? Any ideas would be great. Many thanks. Mehds i m not sure any way in GPO to use for that purpose but i think u can use PAC scripting to do that (i m not quite an expert in this area) refer here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd361918...

Help in Office:mac 2008 Excel
How can I turn the online help back on in Excel. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_017F_01C859E7.DA80CA10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello,=20 Try deleting user\preferences\com.Microsoft.helpviewer.plist, Next time = you open help it will again ask you if you want to use online help.=20 Hope this helps, Priyanka=20 <Dick@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:ee89061.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... How can I turn the online help back on in Excel. ------=_NextPart_000_017F_01...