Office 2004 student & teacher edition problem

Hello, I bought that office version to my sister, and after a month the
program is telling her that no longer works, like if was a trial
software.
I have no clue why says that, she entered the key numbers of the
product and all the stuff when installing, so might work.
Well, like I can't call to the support phone until tomorrow, and she
needs it for her classes, anyone knows why happens that?
Thank you very much.

<laraleonhart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I bought that office version to my sister, and after a month the
> program is telling her that no longer works, like if was a trial
> software.
> I have no clue why says that, she entered the key numbers of the
> product and all the stuff when installing, so might work.
> Well, like I can't call to the support phone until tomorrow, and she
> needs it for her classes, anyone knows why happens that?
> Thank you very much.

She likely had the Test Drive which comes with new Macs.  Before installing
the "real" version, you need to uninstall the Test Drive.  You can still
uninstall and it should leave your data untouched.  Be sure you uninstall
any version that it sees.  Then you can reinstall.

Post back if you need specific instructions.

I wish that the installer was "aware" of the test drive and either abolished
it or upgraded it or otherwise "fixed" this situation.  But....it doesn't.

-Mark

0
mmmmark
4/4/2006 5:55:35 PM
Thank you very much =) Last question please, to uninstall the Test
Drive, where she has to go? In my mac I have never seen that, i don't
use office either.

In Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office, there
should be a program called Remove Office. Run this, and if the Microsoft
Office 2004 folder is still there afterwards, drag it to the trash and empty
it. Note however that you will have to reinstall Office after deleting the
old version; I'm not sure if the uninstaller can remove the Test Drive only.
Also, when you've reinstalled Office, make sure you run the Microsoft
AutoUpdate (in the Applications folder) a number of times until all the
latest updates have been applied. If there are any further questions, post
back.

Michel

On 05.04.06 0:26, in article
1144193164.930032.297280@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

0
m_bintener (105)
4/4/2006 11:52:57 PM
In article <C058C569.14F3D%m_bintener@hotmail.com>,
 Michel Bintener <m_bintener@hotmail.com> wrote:

> In Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office, there
> should be a program called Remove Office. Run this, and if the Microsoft
> Office 2004 folder is still there afterwards, drag it to the trash and empty
> it. Note however that you will have to reinstall Office after deleting the
> old version; I'm not sure if the uninstaller can remove the Test Drive only.
> Also, when you've reinstalled Office, make sure you run the Microsoft
> AutoUpdate (in the Applications folder) a number of times until all the
> latest updates have been applied. If there are any further questions, post
> back.
>
> Michel
>

> On 05.04.06 0:26, in article
> 1144193164.930032.297280@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> "laraleonhart@hotmail.com" <laraleonhart@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much =) Last question please, to uninstall the Test
> > Drive, where she has to go? In my mac I have never seen that, i don't
> > use office either.

I've actually just manually deleted the Test Drive folder, then
installed the program and not had any problems.
Did I dodge a bullet?

labolide (127)
4/5/2006 12:32:12 AM
On 05.04.06 1:32, in article
labolide-C03665.17321204042006@news.giganews.com, "Kurt"
<labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote:

> In article <C058C569.14F3D%m_bintener@hotmail.com>,
>  Michel Bintener <m_bintener@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office, there
>> should be a program called Remove Office. Run this, and if the Microsoft
>> Office 2004 folder is still there afterwards, drag it to the trash and empty
>> it. Note however that you will have to reinstall Office after deleting the
>> old version; I'm not sure if the uninstaller can remove the Test Drive only.
>> Also, when you've reinstalled Office, make sure you run the Microsoft
>> AutoUpdate (in the Applications folder) a number of times until all the
>> latest updates have been applied. If there are any further questions, post
>> back.
>>
>> Michel
>>

>> On 05.04.06 0:26, in article
>> 1144193164.930032.297280@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
>> "laraleonhart@hotmail.com" <laraleonhart@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you very much =) Last question please, to uninstall the Test
>>> Drive, where she has to go? In my mac I have never seen that, i don't
>>> use office either.
>>>

> I've actually just manually deleted the Test Drive folder, then
> installed the program and not had any problems.
> Did I dodge a bullet?

Hi,

it's probably too soon to tell. If you don't experience any problems, then
that's fine; however, you might see some awkward behaviour at some point,
such as dialogue languages getting mixed up, and if that happens, you'll
know why it happens, and also what you have to do to make it go away. If you
want to be 100% sure, use the Remove Office assistant and reinstall Office;
if 99% is okay for you, just let it be for now.

Michel

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

0
m_bintener (105)
4/5/2006 7:45:04 AM
In article <C0593410.14F67%m_bintener@hotmail.com>,
 Michel Bintener <m_bintener@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 05.04.06 1:32, in article
> labolide-C03665.17321204042006@news.giganews.com, "Kurt"
> <labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <C058C569.14F3D%m_bintener@hotmail.com>,
> >  Michel Bintener <m_bintener@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> In Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office,
> >> there
> >> should be a program called Remove Office. Run this, and if the Microsoft
> >> Office 2004 folder is still there afterwards, drag it to the trash and
> >> empty
> >> it. Note however that you will have to reinstall Office after deleting the
> >> old version; I'm not sure if the uninstaller can remove the Test Drive
> >> only.
> >> Also, when you've reinstalled Office, make sure you run the Microsoft
> >> AutoUpdate (in the Applications folder) a number of times until all the
> >> latest updates have been applied. If there are any further questions, post
> >> back.
> >>
> >> Michel
> >>

> >> On 05.04.06 0:26, in article
> >> 1144193164.930032.297280@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,

> > I've actually just manually deleted the Test Drive folder, then
> > installed the program and not had any problems.
> > Did I dodge a bullet?
>
> Hi,
>
> it's probably too soon to tell. If you don't experience any problems, then
> that's fine; however, you might see some awkward behaviour at some point,
> such as dialogue languages getting mixed up, and if that happens, you'll
> know why it happens, and also what you have to do to make it go away. If you
> want to be 100% sure, use the Remove Office assistant and reinstall Office;
> if 99% is okay for you, just let it be for now.
>
> Michel

The only scary thing was the inability to import the user data from the
other program. Hate to have to try do this again.

If I deinstall, I'll have to start from scratch and attempt again to get
the new program to recognize my old account. User data is almost 2 gigs.
I have a whole thread on this up here from my experience on Saturday,
which got me no real answers as to what might be going on.

It was a miserable day spent trying to figure out how to move account
over initially- just wouldn't let me do it. It works okay now, but I
have to access old email from an imported archive.

labolide (127)
4/5/2006 3:19:53 PM
On 05.04.06 16:19, in article
labolide-9223A1.08195305042006@news.giganews.com, "Kurt"
<labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote:

> The only scary thing was the inability to import the user data from the
> other program. Hate to have to try do this again.
>
> If I deinstall, I'll have to start from scratch and attempt again to get
> the new program to recognize my old account. User data is almost 2 gigs.
> I have a whole thread on this up here from my experience on Saturday,
> which got me no real answers as to what might be going on.
>
> It was a miserable day spent trying to figure out how to move account
> over initially- just wouldn't let me do it. It works okay now, but I
> have to access old email from an imported archive.

Hi Kurt,

I've just read your other post on the Entourage newsgroup, and your problem
is strange. Normally, copying your identity folder from one Mac to the other
should do the job (provided, of course, that you have quit all running
Office programs, including the database daemon which runs in the background,
invisibly); I've done it a couple of times, and it's always worked. That's
also the reason why there's no option to import data from Office 2004 into
Entourage; it should already be able to read it natively.

Anyway, since you managed to somehow get your data across, you should know
that uninstalling Office and then reinstalling the full version will not
affect your user data. In other words, when you launch Entourage after the
removal/reinstall, you should have access to your data as usual. One thing
to notice, though: Microsoft changed the Entourage database format twice, I
think, with SP1 and SP2. In other words, after reinstalling Office (should
you wish to), make sure you apply all the latest updates so Entourage can
read the new database format. Otherwise, you'll just get an error message,
and judging from the frustration you've experienced over the past few days,
that's probably the last thing you'd want to see.

Michel

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

0
m_bintener (105)
4/5/2006 5:08:47 PM
In article <C059B82F.14FA3%m_bintener@hotmail.com>,
 Michel Bintener <m_bintener@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 05.04.06 16:19, in article
> labolide-9223A1.08195305042006@news.giganews.com, "Kurt"
> <labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The only scary thing was the inability to import the user data from the
> > other program. Hate to have to try do this again.
> >
> > If I deinstall, I'll have to start from scratch and attempt again to get
> > the new program to recognize my old account. User data is almost 2 gigs.
> > I have a whole thread on this up here from my experience on Saturday,
> > which got me no real answers as to what might be going on.
> >
> > It was a miserable day spent trying to figure out how to move account
> > over initially- just wouldn't let me do it. It works okay now, but I
> > have to access old email from an imported archive.
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> I've just read your other post on the Entourage newsgroup, and your problem
> is strange. Normally, copying your identity folder from one Mac to the other
> should do the job (provided, of course, that you have quit all running
> Office programs, including the database daemon which runs in the background,
> invisibly); I've done it a couple of times, and it's always worked. That's
> also the reason why there's no option to import data from Office 2004 into
> Entourage; it should already be able to read it natively.
>
> Anyway, since you managed to somehow get your data across, you should know
> that uninstalling Office and then reinstalling the full version will not
> affect your user data. In other words, when you launch Entourage after the
> removal/reinstall, you should have access to your data as usual. One thing
> to notice, though: Microsoft changed the Entourage database format twice, I
> think, with SP1 and SP2. In other words, after reinstalling Office (should
> you wish to), make sure you apply all the latest updates so Entourage can
> read the new database format. Otherwise, you'll just get an error message,
> and judging from the frustration you've experienced over the past few days,
> that's probably the last thing you'd want to see.
>
> Michel

Thanks so mych for your help on this. Still have the old database on the
old machine, will back it up on DVD just in case...

labolide (127)

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

Cached Exchange and GAL Problem
I have a windows domain with an Exchange organisation that houses multiple e-mail domains. Each E-mail domain belongs to a different company and has its own GAL. When the users login via terminal services and start Outlook they only see the users within their own company. This is fine, no problem here......Some of these users connect with the same username and password using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP that connects to exactly the smae Exchange organisation. When using cached exchange mode and the user clicks on the address book, it displays the entire organisation including information about t...

Keeping both Office 2003 and 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software without removing the old one. Thanks :) Dual Boot operating systems. A.P. wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and > 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software > without removing the old one. > > Thanks :) Hi AP, Theoretically yes, but I don't recommend trying it with the 2010 beta. -- Cheers ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

Formula problem #9
Hi, I have entered a small formula in a cell =A1+B1 the result is also fine but if i have edit the formula i have to again type the entire thing. Is there a shortcut to this where i can easily do the editing of the formula, i guess i am missing something out here. Hi, I guess you are not able to see the formula in the formula bar if it is so then go to Tools|Options|View|check the formula bar check box|ok -- _______________________ Click "Yes" if it helps ________ Thanks Suleman Peerzade "Niroo" wrote: > Hi, > > I have entered a small formula in a cell ...

Subform Data Entry Problems
I have a subform based on a query linked to the Form by "ContactID". The query works fine when run independent of the subform. I am able to enter all data fields and where necessary the autonumber function assigns properly. But when I try to use the subform all records related by my table "tblADDRESS" do not allow data entry (the fields are not locked). I imagine the ContactID Master/Child link in some way is interfering with the query in Form view, but I've tried every variation of join properties within the Query for the Subform and in the Query for the main...

Locking Edits
Hi people, I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locked for editing, so people can sync any changes I make, but not make any changes themselves. I have tried changing the files to read only files, but they don't seem to sync properly to other computers once I've changed them. The files are also stored on a shared sever if that makes a difference (I'm not too worried about people changing anything directly on the server, it's more editing in OneNote I'm worried about.) Miss George wrote: I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locke...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

Link Browser Problems
I have Outlook 2002 as Part of Office XP. I have also installed Service Pack 3. Recently (before and now after the installation of SP3) when I try to open a URL link in an e-mail I get the response that the Link Browser can't be found and it opens the My Documents Folder. Any idea how to fix this?? Thanks. Browse to the location of explorer.exe (or your system default browser) and double click it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accoun...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

OMA Problem Getting Desperate & Running out of Ideas
Hi I am looking to roll out OMA through my corp, but can't seem to solve this prob I am having with logging on I have been through the available papers and there none out there which apply to this or work for it I enabled OMA on my local Exchange 2003 box which is running Server 2000, the OMA directory in IIS contains the correct mailboxes. However when I connect through I.E6 to http://servername:port/oma, I seem to sucessfully logon, but then get then get blocked with a HTTP 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR page cannot be displayed screen. I also get this when I browse OMA through IIS. Though I...

ARGGG! OWA Problem
We are using Outlook Web Access with Exchange server 5.5 (on a Windows 2000 computer). For some strange reason, I cannot successfully connect anymore. I get either of the following errors. It's either 1) Failed to get inbox Or 2) Failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange server, <server name> No other users seem to be affected, just me! I have checked permissions through the IIS management console, and I have even re-applied service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. I can log on to the network and get my mail through Outlook on the desktop with no problem. I'm stumped! Any...

Release version problems
Hi, I built a release version of my application, and an installer. The application runs fine on my two XP development machines. When I installed it on a windows 2000 machine (SP4) I got the following error when I tried to display a bitmap in my app: "The instruction at "0x00000001" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Then I installed it on another XP machine, and the application crashed and closed itself when performing a certain operation (could also be bitmap related, but not necessarily). I am using the paintlib library in...

Running problem
VWD 2010 I copy all my asp project into a physical location in my pc. Set up a virtual directory under IIS. Open the browser for the main page. eg http://localhost/TestSite20100707/main.aspx Got the error on the page showing the webconfig contents: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute name...

On behalf of problem
No one seems to be able to figure this one out. All my incoming emails are now coming in 'on behalf of' the actual sender. The subject line in there but all of the body of the email is blank. These are all emails senders who regularly send me email and I have done nothing to my Outlook. No one else on my network has this problem but me and it just appeared out of no where. What is the issue here and how can I fix it? Stu. manchu <sjwarkentin@fastmail.fm> wrote: > No one seems to be able to figure this one out. All my incoming > emails are now coming in 'on beh...

Exchange 2000 OWA Problem
I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. However when I try and access from outside the network, I can't and receive a "page can't be displayed" error message. I believe my DNS settings are correct, but when I go to http://servername/exchange (using fully qualified domain server name), the error message comes up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Martin On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:59:01 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. >Ho...

Hooking up 2002 to old microsoft post office internal WGPO
I had Outlook 2002 using the old Post Office for internal mail and after I upgraded to win 2000 pro I can't remember how to make that happen. anyone? http://www.outlookfolders.de/english/FAQ/PostOfficeXP.htm Just follow the steps outlined and Microsoft Mail will be available. >-----Original Message----- >I had Outlook 2002 using the old Post Office for internal >mail and after I upgraded to win 2000 pro I can't remember >how to make that happen. anyone? >. > ...

Problems with my Dell Inspion with Windows Vista.
Two months ago, my computer was so full of viruses that it had asked me when I was restarting it if I wanted to restore it back to before I was having all of the problems that I was having with it. After I agreed to restoring it, everything worked fine. Two weeks ago, my computer started making me find the files of things I wanted to open before I opened them, example, if I wanted to open Firefox, an Open With pop up would open and would make me go into files and open it manually. But for some reason, it will not open programs period. How can I fix this without completely re-form...

Office 2003 clip art #3
Clip art became almost unuseable when I installed Office 2003 over my office 2000. The thumbnails are slow ...make that extremely slow to appear and clipart that is downloaded from the Microsoft clip art site does not appear automatically in a downloaded category for selection. How can I make this feature more useable? Empty your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If you have the Clip Gallery still on your computer you can use it as a standalone application (drag the CAG icon to your desktop) or when in an Office product, insert, object, scroll down to Microsoft Cl...

Running a script while editing a cell
I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is there anyway around this? -- clayton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clayton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4563 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493669 I've never seen anyone post any macro that did something useful while in edit mode. clayton wrote: > > I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is > there anyway around this? > > -- > clayton...

Outlook 2003, sorting contacts problem
To the outlook and exchange gurus: Am connected to an Exchange server. Have 340 contacts in my mailbox. I have set them by various categories I arranged them/view them by the Category field. When I sort with the "File As" field, all my categories disappear (or collapse) and now every contact is sorted as "file as". Is there a way to arrange by a category I setup, like Owner, Tester, Employee,Company1,Company2,etc. Then sort within each category such as File As or Last Name,etc. And still maintain my separate categories? I can organize by categories but how do I sort ...

Office 2007 SB install failure
I have office 2007 Ultimate and cannot install the second disc. I keep getting the following failure: Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). How do I get this service running properly? Was whatever version of Win updated first? "Michael Dobony" <survey@stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message news:1fqhtsx5cty07$.1jje4hsnlo59n$.dlg@40tude.net... > I have office 2007 Ultimate and cannot install the second disc. I keep > getting the following failure: > > Failed to find the ASP.Net Version ...

Outlook 2003 Problem #6
I am using Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and every so often it freezes while it 'Synchronizes folders' with the server. Right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting 'Cancel Server Request' fails to do anything. Outlook can sit for 10 minutes or more waiting and never recovering though I have seen it do this process very quickly. I had the 'Cached' mode set and now I'm trying it without this selection to see if the problem will go away. The only way I have been able to get out of this is to select the 'Task Manager' and kill outlook by selectin...

sync issues problem outlook 2007
Running exchange 2007. In outlook 2007 I am receiving this in my sync issues folder. It doesn't appear to be the case for everyone. Microsoft Exchange offline address book 15:07:16 Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located. 15:07:16 0X8004010F Hi, I have the same Problem and need an urgent help bacause this is affecting the Calender too. -- Suhail A. Sallam Head of Quality Division. Integrated Solutions Dept. Applied Computer Services Co. (HASIB) "Mark" wrote: > Running exchange 2007. In outlook 2007 I am receiving th...

Problem with MS Visual C++ 7.0 getline function
I get this error each time I use the getline function. I am using MS Visual C++ 7.0. error C2780 : 'std::basic_istream<_elem,_Traits>&std::getline(std::basic_istream<_Elem,_T= raits>&,std::basic_string>_Elem,_Traits,_Alloc>&,const _Elem)':3 arguments attendus - 2 fournis error C2780 : 'std::basic_istream<_elem,_Traits>&std::getline(std::basic_istream<_Elem,_T= raits>&,std::basic_string>_Elem,_Traits,_Alloc>&,const _Elem)':impossible de d=E9duire l'argument de mod=E8le de 'std::basic_istream<_Elem,_Traits>...