Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed
Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0
and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.)
When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the
update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates
several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant
except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried
dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having
the same problem. I've tried deleting the download and redownloading
it. I've also downloadedit in both file formats. None of this has
worked.

Do any of you have any more ideas? I welcome your suggestions.

TIA!

0
clayton99 (1)

In article <1121390961.460252.327020@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "acadiaphile" <clayton99@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed
> Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0
> and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.)
> When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the
> update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates
> several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant
> except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried
> dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having
> the same problem. I've tried deleting the download and redownloading
> it. I've also downloadedit in both file formats. None of this has
> worked.
>
> Do any of you have any more ideas? I welcome your suggestions.

First, now that you've deleted the Office folder, I'd recommend running
the Remove Office application (which you'll find in the

    CD:Microsoft Office 2004:Additional Tools:Remove Office

folder. That's always the safest way to remove Office.

Now, the way I've found most bulletproof is to

1) reinstall Office using the installation wizard
2) Fix System Permissions using the Disk Utility App found in your

    HD:Applications:Utilities:

folder.
3) Update Office using the

     Microsoft AutoUpdate.app

application installed in your HD:Applications folder
4) Fix System Permissions again.

However, you can instead use the 11.1.0 and 11.1.1 updaters, in that
order, instead of Step 3.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

How to reinstall or repair Windows Media Player 11
My Windows Media Player 11 is broken. It sounds horrible. The sound is garbled and no amount of adjustments change this. Previous attempts to get help fixing this have been unsuccessful. And now, if I burn MP3s with it, to a CD, the CD will not play in stand-alone players. It gives a No Disc message, though I can see that the disc has been burned. So... How about uninstalling it then reinstalling? Repairing it? Rolling back to an older version? I found these instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#RollingbacktoapreviousversionofthePl...

Money 2004 #9
Just 'upgraded' to Money 2004 from Money 2003. One stock investment I track in Money has had several splits over the years. M2004 increased my number of shares by approx 40%. No other investment I track seems to have this problem. As I have the last M2003 entries backed up, I suppose I could try to remove M2004 then reload M2003; then upgrade to M2004 yet again. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any workarounds known? ...

Hello 04-11-10
Hello Haw do you do? ...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Out-of-office twin replies

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Reinstalling Money 2004
Back in 2003/4 I tried the 2004 Trial and then upgraded online. My hard drive just went bad, so I'm reinstalling everything on a new drive. How do I re-activate 2004 from the trial install? I don't have the non-trail download. I do have my activation code. If you go to tools... upgrade money... it take me to a website that redirect you to buying Money 2006. Thanks. Did you keep your confirmation email? I believe the activation page would be listed in there. The web pages that support the activation should still be up, but I think you need to navigate to them directly. Th...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

SP in IN clause
Is it possible to use a stored procedure inside an IN clause? For example below, the stored proc returns a single column of TimeID values. SELECT TimeID FROM dbo.Timesheets WHERE (TimeID IN(EXEC mc_selDuplicateTimesheets)) Or is there another workaround? Thanks. -- David You can use a table to store the SP output and then use the table in the query: CREATE TABLE #Dups (TimeId INT); INSERT INTO #Dups (TimeId) EXEC mc_selDuplicateTimesheets; SELECT TimeID FROM dbo.Timesheets WHERE TimeID IN (SELECT TimeId FROM #Dups); -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

time #11
I have set up a spreadsheet with time based on what our company truck drivers work. We work under a DOT rule of 70 hours / 8 days. That means that the driver can not work more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. The sheets I have (one for each month) goes back 7 days plus the current day and calculated how many hours a day the driver works and subtracts it from 70, leaving how many hours they can work the next day. If the calculation gets to 0 or above, the cell changes color to alert me that the driver's 70 hours are up and he/she has to have 34 hours off before he/she can be on duty ...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems