Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed
Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0
and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.)
When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the
update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates
several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant
except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried
dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having
the same problem. I've tried deleting the download and redownloading
it. I've also downloadedit in both file formats. None of this has
worked.

Do any of you have any more ideas? I welcome your suggestions.

TIA!

0
clayton99 (1)

In article <1121390961.460252.327020@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "acadiaphile" <clayton99@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed
> Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0
> and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.)
> When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the
> update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates
> several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant
> except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried
> dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having
> the same problem. I've tried deleting the download and redownloading
> it. I've also downloadedit in both file formats. None of this has
> worked.
>
> Do any of you have any more ideas? I welcome your suggestions.

First, now that you've deleted the Office folder, I'd recommend running
the Remove Office application (which you'll find in the

    CD:Microsoft Office 2004:Additional Tools:Remove Office

folder. That's always the safest way to remove Office.

Now, the way I've found most bulletproof is to

1) reinstall Office using the installation wizard
2) Fix System Permissions using the Disk Utility App found in your

    HD:Applications:Utilities:

folder.
3) Update Office using the

     Microsoft AutoUpdate.app

application installed in your HD:Applications folder
4) Fix System Permissions again.

However, you can instead use the 11.1.0 and 11.1.1 updaters, in that
order, instead of Step 3.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

E-mail signatures in CRM 3.0
Hi I'm having problems with having my signature automatically appear when I'm sending e-mails through CRM. Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve this? Regards Halldor Hello Halldor, There is no possibility as far as I know to generate a Autosignature for sending e-mails thru the MS CRM Web-Client. But we are working on an Add-On which will do excatly this. Each user will have the possibility to define his own personal signature which will be added then automatically. We will release this product next week and if you are interesed please send me an email....

Thread synchronization problem
Hello I am facing a problem in sychronizing 2 threads. I do have 2 classes (CPlayBuffer & CPlay) and 2 threads. CPlayBuffer will start from the main application. CPlay(Write into wave out device) thread will start from CPlayBuffer(read from the socket) thread. I am reserving 5buffers. As soon as i get 5 buffers i am signalling an event to notify the play thread to start read from the buffer queue. I am maintaining a circular buffer. In that i am keeping write position, read position, filled buffer nos. I am using CRITICAL_SECTION to avoid overlapping of the variable between 2...

Strange Excel Problem.....
Hi there, We are facing one very strange excel problem in our organization.We have purchased new IBM thinkcenter 851 desktops for our Managers.We have installed Windows 2000 professional as operating system and Office 97 as office in that pcs.Now we are facing one very strange problem....Normally when you click on "New" shortcut( I mean right click anywhere and select "new" option),you will find "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" as shortcut listed in that option and when you select it new excel worksheet will be opened.But here,whenever i click on "new"...

Adding Palettes to V8.0
Hi, What is equivalent to Setup > Company > Palettes in V8.0. I have a 3rd Party application (cnk) and I need to access it's forms and reports Thanks There are some third party developers who have added some Palette functionality back to v8.0. However, this is not what you need. You need to look at the Great Plains Integration Guide that is provided with Dexterity and add into your chunk the commands and menus required for the navigation model used in v8.0 of Great Plains onwards. The other choice is to use Shortcuts, but this would need to be set up for Multiple users and...

Excel 2007 Chart SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex
I thought I had posted this already, but can't find it. Sorry if it's a duplicate. I have the following code that was written in Excel 2003. Every time I run it in Excel 2007 it crashes. I can't find anything about changing the colors of a series in an Excel 2007 chart. Also, when I try to record a macro to change the chart colors to gain insight, nothing gets written to the macro regarding the color change. Help! Sheets("Chart1").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 ...

excel 2007 installation
Hello: I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. Problem: I want to ger rid of the personalized features I have in XP and install Excell 2077 with the default parameters as it come from the manufacturer. Please help. Elitor Did you try just uninstalling the Excel XP version first? If so, did that not help? I've not tried this so I'd like to know! "Elitor" <Elitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B1E5E-0EAA-42EB-8CC2-5A228ADF8578@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. > Problem: I want to ...

formula change problem #2
The columns that the formula is referencing can change locations on th spreadsheet, if a user inserts a new column. To simplify the questio I put the actual column numbers in the formula but actually I will hav an integer defined that will hold the column number. That integer wil get populated by grabbing the column number from a named cell in tha particular column. I hope I explained that good enough. I was using the offset's in the formulas because that is what I am mos familiar with. Can offset's not be used in formulas? Is there a better way? Thanks -- cparson ---------...

Problem when printing. Default color is black but should be color
Hi. I have two network printers instaled in my computer. One is named as black and only prints in black and the other is color and prints and color. The black printer is the default. when I'm in excel and I wnat to print in color I choose the color printer. The problem is that for some reason the default type of color of the color printer change to black. but in printer properties the color type is color. I tried in word but everything is ok. So my question is, why does excel changes my default color type to black instead of using the default type witch is color. Regards, Marco M...

COUNTIF or SUMIF Problem
Hi folks: I have a Bill-of-Materials where the parts used in a product are referenced like C11, R22, etc. The contents of C2 are: C13,C16,C18,C19,C23 To get a quantity of the parts used of each type, is it possible to count the occurences of "C" (or R, or anything else) ? I've tried =COUNTIFSheet1!,"*C*" and variants Would appriciate any help - Many thanks Steve Have you tried =COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,"*C*") where A is the column with the data in -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "s boak" <sboak.e...

Money 2007 ofx inport not working anymore afer MS Acounting Instal
Hi I just installed the 2008 version of Microsoft Accounting and now my Money 2007 bankstatements ( ofx files) don't import into Money 2007 anymore :(. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks, Matt I know nothing about Microsoft Accounting and the file types it uses but you can see what program is registered for ofx files by checking the folder options under Windows explorer. You can even point it back to "Microsoft Money import handler" by clicking change. Art "guenthmn" <guenthmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:630CEF3D-41AD-48FF-9D7A-26...

Cut/Copy & Past problems
I would like to copy a group of rows from one workbook to another - The second workbook has formulas along the bottom to do various sums etc on the block of dat at the top - I want to copy and paste different blocks from various sheets and the print the new sheet with the sums - The blocks are always in the same format but have different numbers of rows so when I copy and paste them I highlight the block to be copied and then highlight the block of data to be Replaced and then choose Paste - Hoping that the highlighted block on the second sheet will have it's data replaced with the ...

Access 2003
Hello, I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query or anything, the other one does not. This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the other .. very strange. It is the same on my computer at home and at the office ... Any help on this would be much appreciated. Abay Is there anything else running that could interfere? The ...

Save Dialog Box for Smartphone 5.0
Dear, I am developing an application to enable user to save file with desired file name, I can get a save dialog box in Pocket PC 5.0 using GetSaveFilaName API, but it dont work for Smartphone 5.0. Is there any way to get Save Dialog Box in Smartphone 5.0 using VC++. I would realy appriciate any help. Thanx Atif ...

average of percentages between 1% and 100% in a column
Hello, I am trying to get the average of percentages within a column, but would like to exclude 0% and 100% from the formula. This is the formula I thought would work: {=AVERAGE(IF(AND(L1:L988>0,L1:988<100)))} (I read in an earlier post to hit ctrl+shift+enter to apply this type of formula) Thanks! Here is a way using sumproduct that does NOT need array entering =SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100<1)*E1:E100)/SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100 <1)) or array enter this =AVERAGE(IF((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100<1),E1:E100)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &qu...

Excel 2007 sorting problem
In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the sort parameters every time. In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range (say A4:Q54) by Col A Asc, Col G Asc, and Col C Desc then Excel would remember the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say A60:Q100 it would keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again. Please direct me to where I can get some help on this issue...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5D5BA.E1DDCCD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

office 2003 #5
i installed office 2003 about an year ago. now my outlook can not send/recieve. i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it but there is no change. any thoughts out there? Ed And what happens when you Test Accounts? "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1e2dnaI8DLaFkYDbnZ2dnUVZ_s-rnZ2d@comcast.com... > i installed office 2003 about an year ago. now my outlook can not > send/recieve. i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it > but > there is no change. any thoughts out there? > > Ed > > it works f...

Error after applying SP1 on GP 9.0 with SQL 2005 P2
I have applied SP1 on GP 9.0 on the server and the GP utilities shows all companies have been updated, however when I attempt to login to a couple of companies I recieve a message "[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]procedure smcleanup filesbeforelogin has no parameters and arguments were supplied". I have compatablility set to 90 ------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You can attempt to recreate this sto...

Money 2003 AutoBudget = 0
I have been using money for 6 years and Money 2003 for almost a year. I have been doing budget differently, but just wanted to switch to the "standard" way of doing it. So, I created a new budget and selected AutoBudget. I have some income categories selected that I know have amounts in them. The AutoBudget creates those categories, but they have all zeroes in them. What gives? Perhaps they're at a frequency or amount that Money assumes that they're one-time entries. -- "Randy Given" <GivenRandy@aol.com> wrote in message news:dM87b.49284$Zw4.48583@lakere...

Connection Manager API problem #2
1) Connection Manager API establish the connection and connection handle is returned which is implemented on 'Connect' button. 2) The connection handle returned by the API to establish connection is the input for the API to check the connection status which we have implemented on the 'ConnStatus' button click.The status is returned successfully till the connection is there through Connection Manager API. If click on 'Disconnect' button and Connection is Released then on click of 'ConnStatus' returns E_Fail. but actual device connection is still there. Why this...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22importing_from_another_program_or_file=22?=
Help! I'm confused about some help results I received when searching MS Excel and MS Outlook in regards to "importing from another program or file". I'm trying to create new custom fields in MS Outlook during the import function from MS Excel. Is creating new custom fields during the import transaction possible? Both MS Outlook and MS Excel have conflicting help results. It appears that the MS Outlook instructions do not match the MS Excel instructions. See steps 3 & 4 in the following two instructions results captured in MS Outlook and MS Excel. Which ste...

problem with printing import of word table
Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit; office pro 2007 suite: How do I get rid of the boxes when trying to publishing? I need to import a table created in word 2007. I can get the text box set for margins and size, but I cannot find the command to keep the boxes surrounding each row and column of the table from printing. I apologize in advance for seeming so ignorant, but this is the first time trying this kind of operation. Your help is totally appreciated in advance. Thanks Do you mean the borders? High-light the entire table, Lines, more lines, select the pre-set grid, expand the colo...