Office 2004 security/stability update to 11.3.4 Feb 13 changes Word version

The only difference I can find is that the version number for Word has
changed from 11.3.3 to 11.3.4.  Entourage and Excel remain at 11.3.3.

So far, all three components play nice with OS 10.4.8 on a Dual G5 2.0

I ran the updater from the Entourage/Help/Check for Updates pulldown menu.

No permissions problems were found after the update.

Respectfully, Norm

0
nnager1050 (113)

The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific
components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are
the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of
which are in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office). These three files
are now at 11.3.4, while any other component remains at 11.3.3, or 11.3.2 in
the case of PowerPoint 2004.

On 13/2/07 22:35, in article
C1F76F3A.1C1C1%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D."

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener1 (110)
2/13/2007 10:20:31 PM
What exactly was fixed on Word??

On Feb 13, 5:20 pm, Michel Bintener <m.binte...@NOSPAMmvps.org> wrote:
> The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific
> components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are
> the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of
> which are in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office). These three files
> are now at 11.3.4, while any other component remains at 11.3.3, or 11.3.2 in
> the case of PowerPoint 2004.
>
> On 13/2/07 22:35, in article
> C1F76F3A.1C1C1%nna...@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D."
>
> <nna...@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:
> > The only difference I can find is that the version number for Word has
> > changed from 11.3.3 to 11.3.4.  Entourage and Excel remain at 11.3.3.
>
> > So far, all three components play nice with OS 10.4.8 on a Dual G5 2.0
>
> > I ran the updater from the Entourage/Help/Check for Updates pulldown menu.
>
> > No permissions problems were found after the update.
>
> > Respectfully, Norm
>
> --
> Michel Bintener
> Microsoft MVP
> Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)
>
> ***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

There's a "buffer overflow" fix, and the Junk Mail filter was updated.

Details here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932185/

On 20/2/07 9:38 AM, in article
1171924689.162940.146370@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com,
"kehrer1701@yahoo.com" <kehrer1701@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What exactly was fixed on Word??
>

> On Feb 13, 5:20 pm, Michel Bintener <m.binte...@NOSPAMmvps.org> wrote:
>> The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific
>> components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are
>> the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of
>> which are in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office). These three files
>> are now at 11.3.4, while any other component remains at 11.3.3, or 11.3.2 in
>> the case of PowerPoint 2004.
>>
>> On 13/2/07 22:35, in article
>> C1F76F3A.1C1C1%nna...@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D."
>>
>> <nna...@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:
>>> The only difference I can find is that the version number for Word has
>>> changed from 11.3.3 to 11.3.4.  Entourage and Excel remain at 11.3.3.
>>
>>> So far, all three components play nice with OS 10.4.8 on a Dual G5 2.0
>>
>>> I ran the updater from the Entourage/Help/Check for Updates pulldown menu.
>>
>>> No permissions problems were found after the update.
>>
>>> Respectfully, Norm
>>
>> --
>> Michel Bintener
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)
>>
>> ***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
2/21/2007 2:42:24 PM
I don't know for certain, but I believe it is related to the security
bulletin here:
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=929434>

On 2/19/07 4:38 PM, in article
1171924689.162940.146370@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com,
"kehrer1701@yahoo.com" <kehrer1701@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What exactly was fixed on Word??
>

> On Feb 13, 5:20 pm, Michel Bintener <m.binte...@NOSPAMmvps.org> wrote:
>> The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific
>> components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are
>> the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of
>> which are in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office).

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
Office & Mac Resources: <http://home.earthlink.net/~mickey.stevens/>

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

File size #11

Count If Formula #4

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Unusual Security Audits
be happening. At one point there was 350 audits in 1 second, the same 4 events repeated, special logon, logon, Kerberos Service Ticket Operations, Logoff. I disabled IPv6 and found things are running a little better, but I'm still getting a lot of strange logon and logoffs. Can anyone give me guidance of how to figure out what is causing this and possibly how to fix it? Thanks! Jake Here is an example of a logon event: An account was successfully logged on. Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - ...

Emails #3

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

contact list #13

Change position ID in HR

learning Excel #3

How to get to email from Word

Business Portal Development

Security Updates-Uninstall
I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security updates? We ran the latest security updates for our servers and now most of our applications won't run properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we back these down? Cheers. Control Panel -> Add remove programs ??? "Geoff" wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security > updates? We ran the latest security updates for our > servers and now most of our applications won't run > properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we > back these down? > ...

How do you change the APR?