Office 2004: Microsoft Daemons in Startup Items?

When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft
daemons should show?

0
nnager1050 (113)

On 6/9/04 9:44 PM, in article
BCED0B0B.14F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D."
<nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft
> daemons should show?

There should only be 2: The Microsoft Database daemon, and optionally the
Microsoft AU Daemon. The database daemon watches your user database to alert
you to alarms and events. The Auto Update daemon regularly (at your option)
looks at the Microsoft site to see if there are any software updates.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
me4812 (35)
6/11/2004 12:56:17 PM
On 6/11/04 5:56 AM, in article BCEF2431.DDCA%me@somewhere.com, "Bob
Greenblatt" <me@somewhere.com> wrote:

> On 6/9/04 9:44 PM, in article
> BCED0B0B.14F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D."
> <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:
>
>> When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft
>> daemons should show?
>>
> There should only be 2: The Microsoft Database daemon, and optionally the
> Microsoft AU Daemon. The database daemon watches your user database to alert
> you to alarms and events. The Auto Update daemon regularly (at your option)
> looks at the Microsoft site to see if there are any software updates.

Thanks very much for clearing up my confusion.  Auto Update is a useful
option that I had not noticed in Office X.

0
nnager1050 (113)
6/11/2004 11:03:33 PM
In article <BCEF8855.15CA%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu>,
 "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> Auto Update is a useful
> option that I had not noticed in Office X.

It's a new feature with 2004 - which will, I hope, make it *much* easier
for users to keep Office 2004 updated, instead of having to mess around
with tracking down version numbers of obscure files to tell which
updates had already been applied.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Discount all items in a department?
Is it possible to discount all the items in a department (or other specified group) in one go? E.g. I want to discount all our 'media' department by 10% Help. El Presidente, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizard --> Task 110 Change Item Price --> Press Next --> Choose the Department --> Press Next, this is where we need to figure out if you are doing a permanent mark down or a sale for a specific period of time. For a Permanent Mark Down: Price change method = Discount from Regular price Percentage = 10% Price to be changed = Regular Sale for a spe...

Office Tools in 2010
I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools quite often. Are they included in any version of 2010? Thank you. Some are. Which specific tools are you looking for? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JJG" <not@anwhere.com> wrote in message news:ODvL4$76KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools ...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Auto complete in Excel (Office) 2003
Is it possible to increase the *memory* of autocomplete?? I notice in the columns that excel will attempt to autocomplete if the text has been used in the last 100 or so cells (i think). What I would like is it to attempt to remember , say, 500 cells back. Is this possible?? Have I explained myself well enough? :-) Cheers Bob Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Language Support for all Office 2000 programs
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm not finding any language support downloads for Office 2000. Does anyone have a specific link to send me to, so that I can do this? I have important documents that I have to print, but I recently got a new PC with 64-bit Vista. I loaded my 200 Office Suite on the PC, but it no longer is supporting the foreign language that I have throughout my documents. I just get block shapes instead. I need help. Thanks. Start here Deploying Office 2000 with Additional Language Resources http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2000/HA011383...

Copy Matrix Items
I am afraid I know the answer to this already but here goes- I have a prospective shoe store customer who receives as many as 500 pairs of shoes in a lot. Most of the time 50% or more of these shoes have not been stocked before and they don't know what the shoes will be until they get the lot. Because of the nature of shoes they need the ability to quickly enter in the assorted sizes and colors in a run of Men's, Women's, Children's etc. While the New Item Wizard for a Matrix Item works well the customer would like to not have to enter in the size runs each time since they a...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

Highlight color for selected items
How can I find out what color is used for highlighting selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users computer? Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3c941$3db2c890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I find out what color is used for highlighting > selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users > computer? > Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. See if it's GetSysColor/COLOR_HIGHLIGHT. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Take a ...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

Office 2004 and Languages
I had the office test drive in my new PowerBook that runned in Spanish. Then I've bought the full version and installed it in my computer but launches the app in English. Then I explored the office folder in both the testdrive and the full version and found out that there is a plugin (Microsoft Component Plugin) that tells office to run in a specific language. However, as this plugin also seems to contain the testdrive expiration date, once the Office program launches, it closes again. Does some body knows how I can activate other languages in Office, as it is clear that contains all the...

Uninstall parts of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi All, Is there a possibility to properly uninstall parts of Office that I don't want on my computer (eg Entourage), or is it just a matter of dragging those elements to trash? Thanks, Leo In article <59b75643.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Leo_Schouten@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is there a possibility to properly uninstall parts of Office that I don't > want on my computer (eg Entourage), or is it just a matter of dragging those > elements to trash? I don't recommend doing that becau...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

Need Training in office for CRM in Toronto, Onatrio
We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant that does CRM training. They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you Jasmine On Dec 18, 4:36 pm, Jasmine <Jasm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant > that does CRM training. > They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. > Thank you > Jasmine Hi Jasmine, I am part of the largest Microsoft CRM partner in the world. We have offices across North America and are very tightly integrated to the Microsoft CRM Produc...