office 2004 for mac pro edition

i'm in the market to purchase a new laptop and am
thinking of getting the powerbook.  i need to buy it soon
(this weekend) and being that i have pc's in my office, i
am also thinking of buying office 2004 for mac.  i
understand the pro version isn't out yet.  if i were to
purchase the standard version now and wanted to upgrade
it once the pro version came out, would i need to pay the
full amount for the upgrade?  or would microsoft give me
a break and either give me a discount on the upgrade or
even provide me with a free copy?  thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

In article <5f0c01c4822d$2354dd80$a301280a@phx.gbl>,
 "epak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i'm in the market to purchase a new laptop and am
> thinking of getting the powerbook.  i need to buy it soon
> (this weekend) and being that i have pc's in my office, i
> am also thinking of buying office 2004 for mac.  i
> understand the pro version isn't out yet.  if i were to
> purchase the standard version now and wanted to upgrade
> it once the pro version came out, would i need to pay the
> full amount for the upgrade?  or would microsoft give me
> a break and either give me a discount on the upgrade or
> even provide me with a free copy?  thanks.

Couple of ways you could go.

First - 2004 Pro is not out yet, and no firm date has been posted at
MacTopia. The only difference between Standard and Pro versions is
Virtual PC (VPC). The delay is waiting for the latest Windows update to
be ready.

1) You can buy Office 2004 Standard, then buy VPC 7 when it comes out.
If you already have VPC6, you'll get the upgrade price for VPC7. This
will probably be a bit more expensive than buying Office 2004 Pro, but
you'll get the other Office 04 apps now.

2) Buy v.X Pro. With the Technology Guarantee (see Mactopia) you'll get
Office 2004 free (well, $10 for S&H). You won't get the benefits of
Office 2004 for a little while, yet, but it may be somewhat cheaper than
option 1.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

alert sounds, can i customize for mac?
hi, working on mac 9.2. was wondering if i can customize my alert sounds for outlook express 5.02? thanks k Kelly Vander Linda <kvl@sliceedit.com> wrote: > working on mac 9.2. was wondering if i can customize my alert sounds > for outlook express 5.02? Ask in the appropriate newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac -- Brian Tillman ...

Office 2003: Outlook windows do not respond when communicating to
I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for mails as part of my work as our corporate requires us to use the same. The Outlook windows stop responding to any user interface events (mouse click/keyboard) when outlook application is contacting the Microsoft Exchange server and the exchange server is offline. Till the communication times out the outlook windows cannot be minimized, closed, used. The worst thing is since Microsoft Word is used by outlook for mail editing. Even Microsoft Word stops responding during the above said period. I cant understand how Microsoft can overlook such a simp...

Money 2004, Citibank, Auto Update Stopped Working
Hi I use Money 2004 Dlx to download transactions from my Citibank Credit card accounts. It was working perfectly fine till last month. Now, Money is not able to download the transactions from one account. Interestingly, it has no problem downloading the transactions from other account. BTW, both accounts have different user ID's. I tried to solve this issue thru "modify services". It does connect to my account as it detects the right CC number, but nothing happens after that. I would really appreciate your suggesions to solve this issue. Thanks In microsoft.public.m...

use both office 2003 and 2007 on same computer
can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same computer? "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C60503B-E5C0-49D7-BD15-3F176AE7E12D@microsoft.com... > can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same > computer? Yes and No. Outlook No! Only one version can be installed. Rest of the suites yes, one issue with Word which is corrected by using a registry key. It is all explained here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us especially the Word fix which is about half way down. 20...

MS Money for Mac OSX
Is there a MS Money version for Mac OSX? If not, any plans for it? Thanks. -Juan Sorry but no to both questions. MS have enough trouble trying to make money producing Money for the Windows platform. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Juan C. Reyes" <jcrey...

Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP Pro Acedemic Version?
I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? Should be okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462F1436-A536-46FB-A801-368F1941EE8E@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is > Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? ...

How can I save Visio as Word to allow an edit in Word?
I have several flow diagrams that my national director wants saved in Word format so she can "play" with them. No matter the format I choose to save the files, no matter the times I save with a different file extension, the page always opens in Visio. Is there any way to save the files to allow editing in Word? I really don't want to have to do these all over again. And no, she has no intention of learning how to use Visio. Thanks! unfortunately her desire to edit them in word will go unfulfilled. al "Mollyb" <Mollyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do I set my out of office in Outlook 2010?
What type of mail account do you have? "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com... > Have you checked with you Beta support forum about your issue that was supplied to you when the Office 2010 Beta was issued to you as a Beta tester? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com.....

Newbish question re. Out of Office Assistant sequence
Hi all, I'm the sort-of administrator in the office (I know enough to get by, but I'm far from an expert). My employer in our very small company wants to start using the Out of Office Assistant to reply to external as well as internal addresses, which I think I've figured out how to do. I'm concerned about spam, though. We have some very good Trend Micro spam blocking software that has blocked 99.9% of all the spam we've gotten in the last six months. I'm not sure how the sequence works, though. Does the Trend Micro spam blocker have a chance to "swat&quo...

Upgrade from Money 98 to 2004
Hi,after installing Money 2004, it tries to upgrade my data, but gets stuck half way thro, with the following message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version" Is there anything I can do to import my data, as I really don't want to re-enter everything ? Would an older version such as Money 2002 or 2003 import my data ? Kind Regards Kevin Jonson [South Africa] An old favorite. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Kevin Jonson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27c601c41ce1$b9300d90$3a0128...

contacts vs address-book in Outlook (Office 2000)...
I have been synch-ing my addr-book between Outlook (from Office 2000 Premium) and a PDA (Palm-OS). So, my approx 100 people, with their email addr and some with other data (e.g.phone number and street addresses) were located in both the Outlook addr-book and the Palm. So, the other day, Win-XP got totally corrupted. I've recovered from that...a brand instance of the OS is now in place, and I struggled and finally got Office 2000 to finally install and work (a battle in its own right). I re-installed my Palm-OS software, so I can again 'synch' from its USB-cradle with the new ...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Recurrent 2004 Installation Message
Almost every time I restart/start my computer, I have a "Windows Installing" message come up on the screen. It then asks me to close Money Messenger 2004 so I may proceed. If I close Money Messenger from the toolbar or task manager, it goes away. If I start Money 2004, it has numerous "Installing" message boxes come and go as it eventually loads. I do have spyware and Norton antivirus software but the initial installation seemed to go fine. My spyware also continues to identify a program name "eblaster" which I know can track e-mail. Could this eblaster ...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr´┐Ż Labuschagn´┐Ż" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Installation of Office on Netbook
I recently got a Netbook, and I have MS Office Home and Student 2007. My netbook only has 1.25 GB of ram. I was wondering if there is anyway to at least download MS Word & Powerpoint? It says I have 3 licensed and I've used one on my main PC. When I downloaded it to my netbook, then tried to install it, it said that it failed to install. I thought it may have to do with the ram. My hard drive has lots of space on it. I'd like to be able to use at least MS Word to do Resumes on my netbook. Any help is appreciated. Thank-you You have got plenty of RAM to run Office...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...