Office 2004 for Mac Installer and Intel Core Duo

I have a MacBook Pro and tried to install Office 2004 for the Mac. The
Installer says it can't run on my OS (10.4.6) but I'm sure it's a Core
Duo issue. I've intalled other products and have never had any
installers fail to work. MS support was unable/unwilling to assist me.
Anyone else see this problem, or know of a solution?

0
garysd (2)

I don't have personal experience with setting it up, but Office 2004 *is*
compatible with your version of OS X - That's what I run on my G5.

You are correct that the IntelMac is the issue. Office is not written for
that processor & needs to employ the Rosetta 'emulator', but I don't believe
any special installation procedure is required (for Office) as long as the
OS is correctly configured. In fact, I have not seen any similar posts here
or in the Apple Discussions.

Have you tried using the Dragging method to install - Perhaps the Installer
app is the problem.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

<garysd@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a MacBook Pro and tried to install Office 2004 for the Mac. The
> Installer says it can't run on my OS (10.4.6) but I'm sure it's a Core
> Duo issue. I've intalled other products and have never had any
> installers fail to work. MS support was unable/unwilling to assist me.
> Anyone else see this problem, or know of a solution?

0
CyberTaz
5/4/2006 2:22:09 PM
Turns out part of the problem was a bad CD that wasn't reading
properly. Once I had a replacement CD the installer app still wouldn't
work but the Dragging method worked as expected.

0
garysd (2)

I purchased Office home and student
I have windows live email and I cannot get word07 to use my window live email as the default email for word. When I select the mail icon in word I get the message "you need to open exchange" I have selected Widow live email as default program in 07 and for the internet option. The live email works for excel and powerpoint but not word, Help -- New to 07 ...

CRM3 Client installation error outlook not recognised!
Hi, I have installed the latest version of CRM Outlook Client on many pc's, one installation however is failing to recognise Outlook 2007. Error: setup failed to determine whether a supported version of Microsoft Outlook is installed. 09:48:50|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate Microsoft Outlook´┐Ż 09:48:50|Verbose| Calling BaseGroup.Validate 09:48:50| Error| CRegKey:Open failed.(error = 5) (util.cpp:GetRegKeyValue:236). 09:48:50| Error| Check OutlookInstallationValidator : Failure: Setup failed to determine whether a supported version...

Office 2003 and 2007 Word ignores certain spelling errors
I checked both versions (2003 and 2007) of Office Word to see if they recognized specific spelling errors. Spell checker seems to ignore any word that has certain characters embedded, like any number (0-9), asterisk, parenthesis, right brace, backslash, or left-arrow (shift apostrophe). When I'm banging along and I unintentionally hit a numeric key within a word, spell checker doesn't recognize the error. Why? Is there a fix for this? There's an option (in Word 2003, Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar; in Word 2007, Office button > Word Options >...

How do I get MSWord for Mac to keep its toolbars?
Each time I open MSWord for Mac 2008 I have to re-configure to view the standard and formatting toolbars. Then when I start a "new blank document", those toolbars have gone and I have to go to "View>Toolbars>Formatting" and see it is already ticked. So I have to un-tick it and then re-tick it before it re-appears. And then I have to do the same for the standard toolbar. Anyone have any ideas? ...

have not installed I8 yet, but thinking about it.
Worried that if I install I8 and my programs or settings fail to work that I will not be able to go back to the original IE. As I use my computer for work, worried I will not be able to get back to work, hence no $. Is there a way to get back to a previous IE if need be and remove I8 or does it replace the older version. I keep closing the pop up message to install I8 because I dont want to risk it, but the window keeps opening asking me to install it for months now and is driving me crazy. It looks like I may alredy have some of the features (compatibility icon -looks like r...

CRM installation 05-03-05
Hi, I have the following problem: As a prerequisite for CRM installation you have to install and start the indexing service. Whenever I start indexing service on my Windows SBS 2003 server the CPU usage goes up to 100% and I lose control of my system. At this point all I can do is turning the system down and restart it. I've also tried to set indexing parameters to low values, but this operation has not changed anything. Thank you Marco Hi Marco The first time Indexing service is run it will take quite some time to build it's inital index, and once this is done it will use lo...

Office Address Book #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I set up my Office Address Book? Is this different from The Address Book on my MACBook I have entered the info in my Mac Address Book but when I click on Address Book in the Tools section of Word there is nothing there and I can't find how to access this. "Carol_Lindia@officeformac.com" wrote: > How do I set up my Office Address Book? Is this different from The Address > Book on my MACBook I have entered the info in my Mac Address Book but when I > click on Address Book in the Tools section of Word there i...

Install problem
I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again with the same results, plus It also states you have windows operating in safe mode. what does that have to do with installing Money 2004 "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3a0fc$b0b28c80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- > virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again > with the same results, plus It also states you have > windows operating in safe mo...

Re-installing IMS on Exchange Server 5.5
Hi! I deleted the Internet Mail Service (IMS) from my exchange server because I wanted to try to set it up from scratch again. The only problem is that when I choose File-New Other-Internet Mail Service and go through the steps, it gives me an error msg at the last step where I fill in the password for the service-account that runs the Microsoft Exchange Directory-service. I know I'm typing the correct password and I have even tried to change the user and use the correct password for this other user. I still keep getting the error msg saying: "Logon Failure: unknown username or bad p...

Money 2004
For some reason my transactions are being categorized but not tracked in one account. It's an AEX account which I use for most of my purchases. I have no idea what I did, but now, when I enter a transaction with category, etc...my thermometer doesn't register the additional transaction and it doesn't show in my budget! When I enter the same transaction in any other account, it shows. Anyone know how to fix this? It was working fine, but I must've done something. Appreciate any response. Phil Roos Go figure...after searching for hours for a solution...me typing this po...

Office Home & Student 2007 02-23-10
I am trying to install this program on my 3rd computer. I am getting the error code 1304: Error writing to file: Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll Verify you have access to that directory. and another error code: 1712 This one had something to do with not being able to go back to previous installed versions. I now need the product key for 2003 to work. My question is: How do I verify I have access (I am the administrator) and where would I find the product key ( I don't have that disc anymore) Thank-you ...

installation
When I started to install my Money 2004 Deluxe, a pop up warned that because I have Norton Antivirus installed and it my cause problems with setup/installation/downloads. It told me to go to Microsoft for info on fixes, but I couldn't find any reference to this. Any suggestions or should I not install money? GC (1) Disable Norton AntiVirus (2) Install Money (3) Enable Norton AntiVirus Doug "Gail" <stanleycapper@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:029401c37b18$8f295cb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install my Money 2004 Deluxe, a pop up > warned th...

Upgrading to Office 2003
Hi, I have to upgrade a number of databases from Access 2.0, Access 97 and Access 2000 to work in Office 2003. These databases contain a number of Forms coded with VBA as well as a number of Queries/Macros. The Microsoft web site says that Office 2003 will open databases created in these versions. However i have in the past upgraded databases from access 2.0 to 97 and have encountered problems with the VBA code, and i have used the built in tools for some simple databases to upgrade to 2000 from 97 but these ones are more complex so i may not have encountered all the problems, and i have ne...

Open Office and Microsoft Works
How can I get my browser to choose the spread sheet from Open Office instead of Microsoft Works' when trying to open an XLS file? As it stands the latter automatically opens it. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit and IE 8. The reason: the file doesn't open properly as is, IOW a calendar shows up in sections of four and incomplete as such. TIA, Harry. "webster72n" <webster72n@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OU2jlY#lKHA.4148@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I get my browser to choose the spread sheet from Open Office > instead of Mic...

Editing budget causing Money 2004 to crash
Every time I try to edit my budget, Money 2004 crashes. Also, in the Debt Reduction Planner, Money 2004 seems to think I'm making an upcoming large one-time payment--even though I'm not. I can find no reference to this payment. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have since run the SALV.EXE repair utility, Level 2. The log file indicates that about two dozen transactions were fixed; nothing of apparent consequence. Editing the budget still causes a crash. The unknown upcoming large one-time debt payment is still present, also. "Stan" <Stan@PreventSpam> wrote in me...

CRM Install Error 2755
We are trying to install Microsoft CRM, and we are constantly getting the same errors no matter what we do. The errors are as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 1013 Date: 07/09/2003 Time: 17:39:28 User: N/A Computer: CRM-LAPTOP Description: ===================================================== Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Module: C:\WINNT\System32\msi.dll Function: 0x4c6463 ===================================================== Registers: EAX:00000000 EBX:00076A24 ECX:004348D0 EDX:0055E380 ESI:01951094 EDI:0054F0B8 CS:EIP...

Money 2004 & Background Banking
REcently Background Banking, ie., the ability to download a quote or statement at a fixed interval does not appear to function. It once has previously. I can manullay do a "Update Now" and all is ok. Has anyone seen this issue before on MNY 2004...? thx in advance aj ...

Upgrade office mac #2
Version: Older version Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I just bought a new iMAC computer with Snow Leopard; on my old Apple computer, I was using office mac 2001. This new computer will not let me install office mac 2001. Can I install an upgrade program for office 2004 on it; will that work? I really would rather not go to 2008 office. Thanks. Yes, if you can find a copy of the Office 2004 Upgrade package you can install it using your Office 2001 CD as the validation version -- just pop the CD in the drive & point the installer to it when prompted for the location of the ...

Office 2000 running in XP Problems
Since moving to XP I have issues with OUTLOOK 2000. Sometimes a newly generated email leaves my machine and becomes lost in the ethera. It doesn't save a copy in Sent, and seem to not have anthing to do with whether its a reply or has an attachment, or anything else. Yes, I called tech support (in INDIA!) and they/he was little help. When the follow-on quality guy called, he was even less help, but said someone would call . . . that was days ago! So . . . anyone have any ideas how to solve this buggaboo? Thanks! Stephen ...

How do I create a keyboard shortcut with SharePoint installed?
The closest instructions I could find were Tools->Customize->Keyboard. I cannot find tools anywhere in Word, and if I go to the SharePoint window, the Customize window doesn't have a Keyboard selection. I would like to make a short cut to insert table rows as it requires to much mouse clicking and movement and on can only insert one row at a time. If you have Word 2007, that's why you don't see a "Tools" menu -- or any menus -- and it has nothing whatever to do with having or not having SharePoint. If that's the case, right-click the Quick Acc...

Installing Outlook beta 2
I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only really use the MS Access elements of each Office version but they must stay on there. If I install the Office 2003 beta, can I keep these earlier versions of MS Access on there? I seem to recall that the beta CD doesn't make it so easy to keep earlier Office versions on there. I am only looking to have Outlook 2003 from the Office 2003 beta. That is all my need. Regards, Jon There's no Office 2003 beta that I know of - it's Outlook only. Jon wrote: > I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only r...

Office X to Office 11.1.0 upgrade problem
I have just upgraded to Office X 10.1.6 and wanted to go on to Office 11.1.0. When I try and load Office 11.1.0 it tells me I cannot do this - any ideas?? Phil The upgrade from Office v.X to Office 2004 (v.11) is *not* free. You will have to buy Office 2004 (since you already have Office v.X, you can get the upgrade, which is considerably cheaper than the regular edition) before you can update it to v.11.1. Michel On 27.03.05 11:22, in article 1111915374.297355.21880@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "PhilT" <phil@thethirdstage.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Office...

Microsoft Exchange Server
Can anyone help me understand the Microsoft Exchange Server installation process? I have Windows XP and Office XP (2002), and have Outlook installed and running. However, I'd like to be able to use the features of Microsoft Exchange Server under Outlook - e.g. sharing the calendar. When I activate the Mail icon in the Control Panel and choose Microsoft Exchange Server, I have to input the name of "your Microsoft Exchange Server computer. For information, see your system administrator" - I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR!!!!! It's a small home computer network. Nowhere I hav...

external hard drive trouble mac
hi my pc crashed about a year ago and i had them recover as much as possible on an external hard drive. this works fine to recover things but i would like to use my harddrive to transfer music as well from my new mac desktop to my macbook pro. i am trying to move music onto my external hard drive but whenever i drag music files onto the hardrive it will not let me. i have put the recovered files on my mac already any help would be appreciated thanks awbrandt34 wrote: > hi my pc crashed about a year ago and i had them recover as much as possible > on an external hard drive...

Office XP Service Pack 3 Install Failure
error code 0x8024002D Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don't have Business Office software on my computer, so wondering why it's trying to update it. Also, even with install failure of this update, now my long standing excel spreadsheet files won't open; seem to be looking for this update..... Help? leal1928 wrote: > error code 0x8024002D > Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to > install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don'...