Office 2004 Demo

Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite?
Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts
about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it
were.

Thanks,
Chris

In article <5c6d721e.0405171418.7f9ba736@posting.google.com>,
 cjohnnelson@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote:

> Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite?
> Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts
> about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it
> were.

AFAIK, MS hasn't announced anything about a Test Drive version for
Office 04. OTOH, they haven't officially announced that Office 2004 is
shipping. I'd wait at least until the official announcement shows up on
MacTopia, which should happen sometime this week, if "the third week of
May" means anything

ref:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/Apr04/04-06Office04forMacRT
MPR.asp
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/17/2004 10:50:42 PM
I heard there's a file on Gnutella that SAYS it's an Office 2004 demo
-- but it's actually a trojan that tries to delete your home folder.

Don't know if it's true, but that's what I heard.
0
bdleahy (2)
5/18/2004 3:30:06 PM
On 18/5/04 4:30 pm, in article
ccce8068.0405180730.694f7212@posting.google.com, "Brian Leahy"
<bdleahy@aol.com> wrote:

> I heard there's a file on Gnutella that SAYS it's an Office 2004 demo
> -- but it's actually a trojan that tries to delete your home folder.
>
> Don't know if it's true, but that's what I heard.

Its true.

Anyone who is dumb enough to think that MS would release a demo of a brand
new programme on Gnutella BEFORE they released the official version
shouldn't be allowed at a keyboard, so they get what they deserve.

Anyone not that dumb, who also goes looking on Gnutella for a copy of Office
2004 also gets what they deserve.

A case of 'caveat emptor', or, more properly, 'furunculus emptor'
--
Barry Wainwright
Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details)

0
barry5268 (197)
5/18/2004 4:06:59 PM
On 5/17/04 5:50 PM, in article
jemcgimpsey-8E2228.16504217052004@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> In article <5c6d721e.0405171418.7f9ba736@posting.google.com>,
>  cjohnnelson@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote:
>
>> Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite?
>> Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts
>> about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it
>> were.
>
> AFAIK, MS hasn't announced anything about a Test Drive version for
> Office 04.

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td>

"Office 2004 Test Drive
Coming Soon!"

There is evidently one in the works, I haven't heard anything about a
release date.

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

On 5/18/04 6:45 PM, in article BCD00A4C.41BF%mickey.stevens@mvps.org,
"Mickey Stevens" <mickey.stevens@mvps.org> wrote:

> On 5/17/04 5:50 PM, in article
> jemcgimpsey-8E2228.16504217052004@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
> <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> In article <5c6d721e.0405171418.7f9ba736@posting.google.com>,
>>  cjohnnelson@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite?
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td>
>
> "Office 2004 Test Drive
> Coming Soon!"
>
> There is evidently one in the works, I haven't heard anything about a
> release date.

It's available now at the URL above!

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>
Entourage Help Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/toc.html>

In article <BCD00A4C.41BF%mickey.stevens@mvps.org>,
 Mickey Stevens <mickey.stevens@mvps.org> wrote:

> > AFAIK, MS hasn't announced anything about a Test Drive version for
> > Office 04.
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td>

Guess I should have waited a day...
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/19/2004 4:04:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up.  I was just getting anxious.

Chris

"Mickey Stevens" <mickey.stevens@mvps.org> wrote in message
> On 5/18/04 6:45 PM, in article BCD00A4C.41BF%mickey.stevens@mvps.org,
> "Mickey Stevens" <mickey.stevens@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> > On 5/17/04 5:50 PM, in article
> > jemcgimpsey-8E2228.16504217052004@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
> > <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> > <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td>
> >
> > "Office 2004 Test Drive
> > Coming Soon!"
> >
> > There is evidently one in the works, I haven't heard anything about a
> > release date.
>
> It's available now at the URL above!
>
> --
> Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
> PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>
> Entourage Help Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/toc.html>

0
anonymous (74722)

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

Office for Mac 2008 and 2004
Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for the Mac is compatible with Access? Gail@officeformac.com <Gail@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for > the Mac is compatible with Access? Microsoft was rather late to the game with Access. By the time they developed it for Windows, FileMaker was so well-entrenched in the Mac market that Microsoft decided not to try and compete. So to answer your question: look into FileMaker Pro. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Fi...

Small Office & Homeworker entrepreneur resources
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050603080908070505000909 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit CYBER D - SHOPZONE Online resources dedicated to the SMALL OFFICE & HOMEWORKER entrepreneur Featuring the most complete selection of E-BOOKS, AFFILIATE PROGRAMS and HOME WORKER RESOURCES on the web today! Click Here To Visit Us Now <http://www.1stpromotion.com/pro2/prosite1/index.php?id=cyberd> --------------050603080908070505000909 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Tran...

Money 2004(and higher)and Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition 4.21.
Do any of the versions of of Money sync scheduled transactions with pocket pc? If so, please advise your configuration/version that does this. Thank you, -- Dick Velting See http://money.mvps.org/downloads/pocketpc/default.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "R Velting" <RVelting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0218FE95-1178-4962-9B1F-663F1C681E63@microsoft.com... > Do any of t...

Problems upgrading from Money 2004 to Money 2006 Premium
On 7/28/2005 I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2006 Premium via special offer web download for a one-time fee of $67.95. The process removed my version of 2004. For some reason, I now show that I'm running the Microsoft Money Trial Version that will expire on 10/28/2005. What has happened and how can I fix it? I certainly don't want all my financial work to cease on 10/28 and I thought I was paying for the full version. Product Serial # is 76937-350-5031453-04498 which Support does not seem to recognize as a valid product ID to allow email tech support. Help!!!! Cal Lea...

Out of Office Assistant #15
I am running Office 2000. I am trying to turn the Out Of Office Assist on but when i go to tools menu and select OOOA, i get a message 'This command is unavailable, see program documentation on to use this extension'. We are running the MS Exchange Server information service within the profile and i have tried recreating the Outlook profile but i am still getting the same message. Can anyone help please? Thanks Laura ...

A problem occur after changing OFFICE from C: to D:
Considering my C:\ is nearly full, I unstall my office from C:\ and then install my Office to D:\ After this, OFFICE runs well except EXCEL has a warning messege when I open it. The problem is: When I open EXCEL, it jump up an alert messege: [Unable to find C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis\ATPVBACS.XLA] 1. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? 2. If I don't solve this problem, what will be the result? Thanks! Martin 2007-07-04 > The problem is: > > When I open EXCEL, it jump up an alert messege: > [Unable to find C:\Program Fil...

Office:mac2008 Home & Student edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When installing Office:mac2008 Home & Student Edition (which I have purchased new) the installation went OK. However, when I try to open any of the programmes (e.g. word or powerpoint) I get a window titled Create an Office Identity. After completing this form, and I select the continue tab, nothing happens: consequently I cannot open any of the programs. I have re-installed this programme, but the result is still negative. Any advice wld be appreciated. On 9/12/09 4:56 AM, in article 59b7c479.-1@webcrossing.caR9a...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

Office 2007 Connection to SBS 2003 via PPTP
We have an SBS 2003 server. We have a number of PCs running Office 2007. One of them is a notebook. When the notebook is in the office, Outlook connects to the server as expected. When we take the notebook out of the office and attempt to connect Outlook to the server thru PPTP, Outlook reports "Trying to connect to Microsoft Exchange" and never gets any futher. No timeouts. No failures. No nothing. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Configure Outlook to connect over the internet using https/rpc. If you run the connect to the internet wizard and enable this it ...

Annualized Budget for MS Office Accounting Express 2009
How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to compare actual results on an annual basis. There is a group for accounting, they may also cover "accounting express" asidman wrote: > How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to > compare actual results on an annual basis. ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Money 2004 Budget
I have been using Money 2004 for several months with no problems. Today I received the error message "A file needed to run planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem reinstall Money and then reopen Money." Well I followed instructions. Same problem. Removed Money completely and then installed. Same problem. Deleted and reinstall budget data. Same problem. Check Support Knowledge Database. Nothing there. Check Product support. Nothing. What is the explanation for this problem and how do I solve it? There is a fix for this at http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm -- ...

License Question: clarification of "non-commercial use" for Office

CRM demo VPC
Does anyone know the location of the download for the UK version of the CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release? This is the one with the database amended for the UK? Regards, Kevin It appears as though that version is not available at this time... At least thats what I read here. But the good news is it looks like this will be available later this month. http://blogs.msdn.com/ukmscrm/archive/2007/09/21/uk-microsoft-crm-virtual-pc-images-update.aspx Hope that helps. Jason On Oct 16, 8:40 am, K. Beel. <KB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know ...

Office X Upgrade
I have Office X installed on PowerBook G4 17". Entrouge says it is=20 version 10.1.4 but the rest of modules Word, Excel & Powerpoint say=20 their version is SR1. =20 Powerpoint does not display PowerPoint 97 documents properly and=20 Entrouge acts very funny with Exchange 5.5. e.g. I dont see the=20 Exchange address Book, I dont see some of Inbox folders but see some=20 others, I can not get my hotmail account details, my out mails go=20 through the outbox on my computer and I can not move them to the=20 Exchange outbox and many more. The whole thing is gone mad, or may be its me ...

Exchange 2003 hosting or Microsoft Office Outlook Live?
Hi all, I'm starting on new business with a colleague. We will both have laptops and are likely to be in and out of the office and may need to work during the evening at home sometimes. We are both from a larger company with Office Exchange servers and are used to sharing calendars and contacts etc and accessing and using our office mail from home. Given that we are starting up we do not want to spend much of money on IT so we were looking at going for one of the online exchange hosting services such as Datagate's (in the UK). The other option is Microsoft Office Outlook Liv...

Problems downloading into MS Money 2004 from Royal Bank of Scotland
I have been downloading statements from the RBS into various versions of Money ever since the service became available. I am now using MS Money Deluxe OEM version 12 (which seems to be the same as Money 2004). For a number of weeks the data downloaded has been incomplete (about a third of all transactions will be missing) and is often totally inaccurate as regards the Payee and Category. In a nutshell the data is a waste of space. Has anyone else had similar problems and if so any suggested solutions? Thanks Hi - this one might be better in the UK group, as there could be some people who c...

choosing language in Office 2004
I want to use the Spanish dictionary to spell check documents, but can't get it to work. I have selected Spanish in the dictionary selection area of spell check, but it still uses English. <br><br>The Help instructions keep sending me to "Language" on the Tools menu, but "Language" isn't there. I have also installed Office on another computer I use, and there's no problem there, but on my new Mac Mini, I can't get the Language feature to show up. In article <ee89db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, nospamplez@officeformac.com wrote: > I ...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

Can't open Outlook (Office XP Pro)
When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst." Any ideas on how to fix this? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181523 "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f401c39f84$1e104cb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the > following error message: "Can...

OFFICE 2003 OUTLOOK and ENTOURAGE
Who can help me How may I get back all my messages downloaded with Outlook 2003 on my PC to my new Mac with Entourage ?.... It seems just an awful battle ??... Thanks Patrice "Patrice LEFEBVRE" <patrice.lefebvre@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:C812C86E.2AE%patrice.lefebvre@bluewin.ch... > Who can help me > > How may I get back all my messages downloaded with Outlook 2003 on my PC to > my new Mac with Entourage ?.... It seems just an awful battle ??... See if this helps: http://entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html -- Brian Tillma...

Money 2004 Bills and Deposits Question
After submitting a transaction via the Bills and Deposits screen, Money places focus on the next instance of the transaction (i.e., for a recurring transaction). Is there anyway to prevent this? I would prefer that focus be placed on the next transaction in the list. No, there doesn't appear to be a way to fix that. I suggest reporting it to MS via the MSWish site. Or reporting it as a bug at their support site. -- Semper Fi Kevin Campbell "With freedom goes responsibility. Sir Winston Churchill once said you can have 10,000 regulations and still not have respect for the...