Office 2004 causing short cut key problems?

Several people on my team have encountered an issue with short cut keys=20
not working as they had previous to installing Office 2004. We had been=20
using Office X and the issue did not exist.=20

For the past week (since the install of Office 2004) team members have =
not=20
been able to use the short cut keys in Illustrator CS to duplicate =
objects.=20
This also seems to affect multiple selections via SHIFT+Click.

In addition, InDesign CS responds as expected.

Any one else? Any thoughts?

OSX.3.5
Office 2004
Adobe CS Studio
0
anonymous (74722)

It's a known bug, there have been several posts on the
microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage newsgroup.  I believe if you let
Entourage save your password, it won't happen, but I suggest you use Google
Groups to search the microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage newsgroup for
confirmation (most of the subjects lines included Adobe or Illustrator, so
search on those).

On 9/27/04 8:06 AM, "Charles Parcell" wrote:

> Several people on my team have encountered an issue with short cut keys
> not working as they had previous to installing Office 2004. We had been
> using Office X and the issue did not exist.
>
> For the past week (since the install of Office 2004) team members have not
> been able to use the short cut keys in Illustrator CS to duplicate objects.
> This also seems to affect multiple selections via SHIFT+Click.
>
> In addition, InDesign CS responds as expected.
>
> Any one else? Any thoughts?
>
> OSX.3.5
> Office 2004
> Adobe CS Studio

formula Problem #18
{=SUM(IF(Info!$J$13:$J$562=H53,Info!$T$13:$T$562,0))} This is what I see in the formula box. When I change the range to make the cell range longer .... (change cell 562 to 1000) the formula either zeros out on me. Acctually, it zeros out on me if I change the cell range at all. Not sure what is wrong?? Also, why is excel putting "{}" those symbols around my formula. Thanks, TS Those squiqqly brackets ({}) are indicative of an array. You should be pressing Ctrl-Shift Enter when finished with your edits, this is why your formula adjustments are not working. -- http://HelpEx...

Exchange Problem with Outlook 2003
We have Exchange Server 2000. Two workstations have Outlook 2003 which just this past week, after updates, will not connect to the server. Client workstations have office updates, but the error message is "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." How do we get Outlook back on line? Thanks in advance. C Anything notable in the event viewer? Have you verified that the server name and user name in the properties of Outlook have resolved? Did you try to delete and recreate the Outlook profile on the PC/laptop in question? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips:...

Framework Error for Office 2004 and Tiger
I get "an unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library" every time I open an Office application. Very annoying! It doesn't seem to impact the application. I'm on Tiger 10.4.1, and all was working well for the last two weeks until a crash on launching several apps at once yesterday. Now this message. OK, I read the Framework X error threads, and nothing has helped. I've removed and deleted Office, removed the profiles, and checked permissions on the Framework. Ideas, anyone? Dan I have a computer that is demonstrating the same ...

Emailing contacts
Hey! When attaching a contact to an email, anyone within the company can open the contact fine. But if sent outside the company the contacts get messed up somehow. They open up as a message, more or less, and not as a "contact". Maybe Exchange 2003 server converts outgoing emails or something? Anyone knows why this happens, and if there is a solution? TIA!! / Per Hi Per Are you sure that the user you are sending to is an Outlook/Exchange user as well? Regards Martin "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message news:%23n%23QsLzrGHA.2124@TK2M...

Time axis format problems
Hi I would like to use a time axis to start at 1st January 1999, end at 20th August 2008 and mark every 1st of the interim years with the number of the year (i.e. 2000). But somehow, when I try to modify the time axis I am asked to give a number around 36000 for the staring and ending time and I can only set day differences for main lines. How can I handle the leap year problematic. Greets, Fabian Hi, I think you're going to have to resort to a custom axis. Jon Peltier has a step by step for this type of problem at: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ If this helps, please c...

Office:Mac 2008 Home&Student edition -- can't use while someone else is using a DIFFERENT edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Here's the problem. Purchased H&S edition and installed on 3 computers on office network. Since needed to use Office on another computer, purchased standard 2008 Office and it wouldn't install. Then purchased another H&S edition (after trying to take Office back). It will install on my computer, but will not allow me to use while someone else on system is using Office. It seems to be fixed on the same ID number. Can't find a MS tel no to call. HELP!!! See if this helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org...

How do I export and inport files in Office 10 Beta?
Just downloaded Office 10 Beta. Having trouble finding the export and inport files function. Is it there yet? "oleomag" <oleomag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598FF85A-4529-4D24-A328-C09134FC1E61@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded Office 10 Beta. Having trouble finding the export and > inport > files function. Is it there yet? If you are wanting to connect to a pst file - just open it - do NOT use import. It is there, but I can't think of any reason to use it. Why do you need it? I suspect you don't. -- Russ V...

out of office assistance #4
how do i get the out of office assistance into the tool menu? i tried to follow the steps in help, but it still doesn't appear. i'm currently using outlook 2002. dummyuser <dummyuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i get the out of office assistance into the tool menu? i tried > to follow the steps in help, but it still doesn't appear. i'm > currently using outlook 2002. Unless you are using an Exchange account, you will not have the OOA because it it a function of Exchange. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107/en-us -- Brian Till...

Out of office assistant & RPC >HTTP
I am having a problem on one Excahnge 2003 SP1 server & Outlook 2003 where the out of office assistant will tell users that they need to be "online" to use the out of office assistant. The user is connected and can send / receive email. If the user logs in via OWA they can use the out of office assistant. The problem does not affect users when they are in-house. Only when outside the network using RPC > HTTP in cached mode. We have a separate FE server, problem only affects users on a single server, we have 4 separate servers, all patches and updates installed. Pr...

Running Excel 12.0 Application on Office 2003
After literally 30 hours of internet search I am asking for help.... I have developed an application in VS2005 + Excel 12.0 (Office 2007). Now, I learn that some of the client machines will have Excel 11.0 (Office 2003) and my application will not work. I have read all about PIAs (2003 and 2007). It seems that If I develop the application using 11.0, it will work with 12.0. However, how do I do that? I cannot going to uninstall Office 2007 and install Office 2003 on my development machine. If I install PIA 2003 on my development machine, I can reference "Microsoft O...

Duplicate problem
Hi I have Exchange 2003 with 20 clients. Because of a mistake now every mailbox has every thine 4 time, each mail 4 times, each meeting 4 times. Is there a way to delete the duplicates ? Than'x S Do you have Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition? Or do you have another Exchange server in the Exchange organization? Regards, Menko den Ouden "S" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:uBOd5NE%23FHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Exchange 2003 with 20 clients. > > Because of a mistake now every mailbox has every thine 4 time, each mail 4 > times...

Saving problems
I have this strange issue with Excel. I got this excel spreadsheet from a friend through email. When I try to hide the some columns and save it everything seems to be fine. But when I open the spreadsheet later on, it is back to the way my friend sent me initially. None of the columns or rows that I tried to hide are hidden. But when I do any changes in the data, the data gets saved. Can someone please help me fix this issue. I am using Office 2003. Thank you. Vamshee I forgot to add a point to this message. Let me rewrite the whole message to avoid some confusion. I got this excel s...

Class array problem
I have a class (stuff) with a m_name member. I can: stuff* pstuff; pstuff = new stuff; CString name = _T("Ralph"); pstuff.m_name = name; I can't: stuff* pstuff; pstuff = new stuff[3]; CString name = _T("Ralph"); *(pstuff+0)->m_name = name; I get an error C2440: '=': cannot convert from 'CString' to 'const WCHAR' why have things changed and what would be a good solution? -- Just Al I meant to use pstuff->m_name = name; in the I can: code -- Just Al "Al" wrote: > I have a class (stuff) with a m_name member. > I can: &...

Creating a Greeting Card in Office 2008
Hi there, I was hoping to find a template for creating a greeting card in Word 2008. Does such a thing exist and where could I download one from? Thanks! Lynn On 2/7/08 5:21 PM, in article C3D118D4.F984%manxcatq@mac.com, "Lynn Quinlan" <manxcatq@mac.com> wrote: > > I was hoping to find a template for creating a greeting card in Word 2008. > Does such a thing exist and where could I download one from? I use Apple Mail when I want to send a specialized message. Check it out. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page &l...

Another Sumif problem
A B C D E 1 col tot subtot1 subtot2 DISC 2 black 12 1 11 AA 3 white 14 2 12 BB 4 blue 16 3 13 CC 5 blue 18 4 14D DD QUERY1: (COLUMN A TO D ONLY, COLUMN E WILL BE USED ON QUERY2) 8 blue 34 query 1 states that if i type black (A8) the response of the B8 will be 34 using the formula below ( 16+18) =SUMIF(A2:A5,A8,...

Outlook Express default problem
When I go to options under Outlook Express and make it the default mail handler, apply it and close it out I can go back to it and it has made itself not the default mail handler, why does it do this and how do I fix it? this is an outlook rather than outlook express newsgroup. "G.Werkema" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03b901c3cf21$ef7309b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I go to options under Outlook Express and make it > the default mail handler, apply it and close it out I can > go back to it and it has made itself not the default mail &...

Problem with parameters and a pop-up box
Hello all, I have been asked to create a report based on a query with a parameter. Basically the user clicks on a button on a form that runs a query, the query asked them to enter a project number, their answer is then brings up a report with only the requested project number. The problem that I am having is that if the project number that is entered doesn't exist it just opens up a blank report. What I would like it to do is have a pop-up message box that say "No records". Does anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks, ~Amanda~ On Oct 2, 10:43 am, AmandaH <amandah...@h...

Office 2004 and disk access
In order to evaluate Office 2004 for my lab, I installed it on a spare = partition=20 on an external hard drive. Now I can't unmount that partition under any=20 circumstances (that I've discovered). I'm running OS 10.3.4 on a G3 = iMacDV.=20 When I quite Word and then try to unmount the partition it resides on, I = get=20 a message that files on the drive are in use and I should quit = applications. I=20 get the same message if I quit *all* applications, including force = quitting=20 and relaunching the Finder. I've checked with Activity Monitor and ended = any process with Mi...

Database size, cutting it down shrink reindex
Our database seems to be getting to big too fast. Since January our database has grown to almost 600 mb, and it grows about 10-20 mb per day. I have decided to delete some old journal entries , old Quicksell journals . I have done this multiple times on test machine and was getting different database /backup sizes depending on order of the steps. This seems to be the best way but makes me concern about the database. I started with a backup file with size of 569,747 I restored it to ne database on test machine i ran SQL query DELETE Journal WHERE time < getdate()-15 this deletes ...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Time Format and Unload Problem
I have a Textbox that is used for a Time Input I want the user to only be allowed to enter the info in the right format I.a. 12:30 I think the part that is important is the : in the middle. Also when the user clicks the command button An if statement is run to verify that all fields have been filled in. If not then a msgbox comes up stating that all info must be filled in. The problem is when the msgbox is closed then the unload me is run and the info that was put in is acted on I fixed that by making all variables = "" However the form still closes and needs to be run again. ...

Problem with vlookup
Hi, Column A1:A10 has the numbers 10-1 and B1:B10 has price of a stock. Problem when I lookup the number = 12, it returns always the value in cell A10. Vlookup(12, A1:B10,2)=Value in cell B10, But A10 = 1, and this is not close, I want the closest number which would be 10, the value in cell A1. Is there any way to do this? Thanks for your help type =vlookup(12,a1:B10,2,false) it will give #N/A becaue there is no number as 12 in column A. Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE1D3FBA-1BC1-47E9-8AE4-5C7015282E52@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Colum...

Microsoft Office 2008 Update 2.1.1
I have downloaded the update from this website and from auto-update. The 2.1.1 update supposedly installs, but when auto-update scans for another update, the 2.1.1 update appears again, which suggests that the update is not installing. Is there anyway I can get 2.1.1 to actually install? In article <ee900b6.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, dcronin90@officeformac.com wrote: > I have downloaded the update from this website and from auto-update. The > 2.1.1 update supposedly installs, but when auto-update scans for another > update, the 2.1.1 update appears again, which suggests t...

2003 vs 2007 Chart problem
When using Excel 2003 I asked this question: "I have a sheet with 2 charts which get their data from some calculated cells that I'd really like to hide, but when I hide them, the chart dissappears. Even making the columns 0 width does this" ....and this was the answer that worked for me: "You need to change the properties of the chart object. Hold the SHIFT key whilst selecting the chart. This should give you a set of white square handles. Press <CTRL+1> to bring up the format dialog. On the Properties dialog select the option Do not move & size with cells. Now ...

Cloudmark Anti-Spam Causing Outlook to Stop Working
Finally figured out why my Outlook won't load except in Safe Mode. The latest Cloudmark update was corrupted. Go to the Cloudmark support page and it red right on the first page are the steps to fix. Cheers FWIW, you should DISABLE ALL email scanning, it isn't necessary in the first place. The first time you try to do ANYTHING with an email or attachment, print it, copy it, save it, read it, or anything else, the resident part of ALL virus scanners will scan it and NAIL it, if its infected. Disabling email scanning WILL save you a TON of grief. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hh...