Office 2004 and disk access

In order to evaluate Office 2004 for my lab, I installed it on a spare =
partition=20
on an external hard drive. Now I can't unmount that partition under any=20
circumstances (that I've discovered). I'm running OS 10.3.4 on a G3 =
iMacDV.=20
When I quite Word and then try to unmount the partition it resides on, I =
get=20
a message that files on the drive are in use and I should quit =
applications. I=20
get the same message if I quit *all* applications, including force =
quitting=20
and relaunching the Finder. I've checked with Activity Monitor and ended =

any process with Microsoft in the name (I think it was just the Auto =
Updater=20
demon). I get the same message after logging out and logging back in and =

after restarting the computer (but before actually doing anything; and I =
don't=20
have any apps on auto start); however, there are no problems unmounting=20
the drive as part of the shutdown half of the restart.

I've got a few other things to try, but I'd be grateful for any =
suggestions.
0
faber (2)

Alice Faber <faber@haskins.yale.edu> wrote:

> In order to evaluate Office 2004 for my lab, I installed it on a spare
> partition on an external hard drive. Now I can't unmount that partition
> under any circumstances (that I've discovered).

I suspect you have the Office Daemon running... You can either quit it
using Entoruage (Select Turn off notifications under the ENtoruage menu)
or with the process manager (filter for "daemon" and click the STOP
button).

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

Yep...that was it. When I got home, I went through all Office =
applications=20
looking for any preference or menu entry that could conceivably cause=20
unsuspected processes to be active. I'm not sure how that got turned on=20
(default?) as I don't use Entourage for anything but printing blank =
calendars.
0
faber (2)
6/30/2004 3:13:14 PM
Alice Faber <faber@haskins.yale.edu> wrote:

> Yep...that was it. When I got home, I went through all Office applications
> looking for any preference or menu entry that could conceivably cause
> unsuspected processes to be active. I'm not sure how that got turned on
> (default?) as I don't use Entourage for anything but printing blank calendars.

Then you can simply keep it turned off. This will allow you to easily
unmount the volume then.

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

Outlook Connector from Domino Can't access system resources on your computer
I have Notes working on my machine. I installed the Outlook Connector from Microsoft, but I'm getting the error "Outlook Connector from Domino Can't access system resources on your computer". What do I need to do ? ...

Money 2004 Balancing Errors
When I access my accounts (any one of them) and set the View to All Dates and All Transactions the Ending Balance shows correctly. If I chane the view to All Dates and Unreconciled Transactions the Ending Balance shows a huge negative balance. This problem started from the start of this year (2006). Is there a bug? Did anyone experience this problem? Is there a fix for this? Please let me know. In microsoft.public.money, "R Pattisapu" <R Pattisapu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I access my accounts (any one of them) and set the View to All Dates and &g...

"Edit" feature in Issues Database for Access 2003
Under Search Issues tab when a individual conducts a search and returns the choices, there is an "edit" feature that allows the individual to click on "edit", then they are able to "edit" the entry. What I am trying to do is change that "edit" to just "open" the entry and view it. The only place the "edit" field appears is in the Browse Issues Table under forms, and it's a subform. Could someone please help. Thank you in advance. "Rosebud" <Rosebud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB0B...

office for mac #4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.0 (Cheetah) Processor: intel how can i upgrade from office for mac students to professional On 3/21/08 10:54 01AM, in article ee959d3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Vikram@officeformac.com" <Vikram@officeformac.com> wrote: > > how can i upgrade from office for mac students to professional No. there is no way to upgrade. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

ACCESS version migrating from 2003 to 2007
Can some tell me what all measure should we care when migrating from MS Access 2003 to MS ACCESS 2007? Changes to existing tables, queries, forms, reports. Not sure if Version or migration have seperate group to post this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com There is some excellent information about A2007 here http://www.allenbrowne.com//Access2007.html I like to create a new database in A2007 and import all the tables, forms etc into the new database. There may be some errors to fix when you first open after converting. Allen's website above tells yo...

MS Office for Mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I just loaded Office 2008 for Mac. The old version of Office for Mac (2004) was removed, but the icons remain on my navigation bar still. How do I remove the old icons? On 3/8/08 9:54 AM, in article ee92b34.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ATB28@officeformac.com" <ATB28@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just loaded Office 2008 for Mac. The old version of Office for Mac (2004) > was removed, but the icons remain on my navigation bar still. How do I remove > the old icons? Drag them off. Poof! -- Diane...

office 2007 files only open locally
Hey folks - I had a user last month submit a ticket to me that he could not open any Office 2007 documents without first either copying them down from the server and/or emailing them to himself. Trying to fix this I re-imaged his PC but the problem was still present & now others in his department are experiencing the same problems. Here is the open action: When the user double clicks on the file in explorer. The program opens up but the document does not appear. Where the page is suppose to display only the Grey background is shown and the ribbon appears but without the ...

TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003
How can I TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003? This does not work: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C: \DataFolder\SomeData.xlsx", True, "Sheet1$" If I save as an xls it will work: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C: \DataFolder\SomeData.xls", True, "Sheet1$" Do I need to do that? Is there another way? Since Access 2003 came out long before Excel 2007 was designed, it seems logical that it doesn't know anything about the Excel...

Error message: Office cannot connect to the internet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When trying to use the translate function in the reference tools, office gives the error message &quot;Office cannot connect to the internet&quot; I know for a fact that my computer is connected to the internet so I am left very confused. Your computer very well may be connected to the internet but apparently it isn't sharing that resource with Office... Check the settings in System Preferences for the applications, Firewall & User Account. Once they're set correctly run Disk Utility - Rep...

Access Mailbox Folders
I need to be able to view an ex-employee's exchange mailbox, and would like to open thier folders along with mine in outlook. I know to go to services and add the user in the "Open these additional Mailboxes" field. However, it says "Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened." I am sure this is a mailbox rights issue. When I go to the Exchange Advanced tab for the user, and click the mailbox rights button, several accounts are checked to DENY "full mailbox access." I am unable to uncheck it because it is inheriti...

Access 2007 and Outlook 2007 integration
When using Access 2003 I was able to view Outlook 2003 inside a form by adding the Outlook View Control. But when trying to do the same through Access 2007, when adding the control in Design mode I could see the Outlook view, but when moving to Form view, the control is blanked and no longer show the Outlook. I found that this is a known limitation with Outlook+Access 2007. Does any one know other way to view outlook 2007 from a form in Access 2007? Gil ...

Need help on exporting an Excel Sheet into Access 2000
I budget for a Project in an Excel sheet as illustrated below. The months below are usually a 2 year period i.e. 24 months, though it could be over 24 months depending upon a Project. I then need to input this in an Access database, where I do a comparison with the Actual cost. The table &#8220;TblBudget&#8221; in Access is made of 4 fields, namely: (1) CostElement (2) CostCenter (3) Month (4) Amount$. At the moment this method is very cumbersome. I have to manually input the data one by one rather than a direct input. The reason being as my spreadsheet is in a tabulated format. ...

office xp email with word as the editor
When using word as my email editor in Office XP, I can't view all my emails with the preview pane on. Some messages I will be able to see the previews and others I don't. ...

how do I set up an "out of office" reply in Outlook?
Please help me set up an "out of office" reply in Outlook. Hi Sharon, You in the wrong group. This group is for MS Access not Outlook but I'll help you anyway. Open Outlook, click on Tools and then scroll down to Office Assitant. Type in your message and click on Currently Out of the Office and click OK. "Sharon" wrote: > Please help me set up an "out of office" reply in Outlook. ...

CANNOT WRITE a CDFS/ISO OPTICAL DISK (CD/DVDR) in VISTA in MASTERING FORMAT? ALL COME OUT AS UDF
I select "Mastering" format instead of of what Microsoft stubbornly calls "LiveFileFormat" (which is really UDF). The disk is written in a few minutes, fine. But check properties - it comes up as "UDF". I need CDFS/ISO true Mastering format, too long to explain why. I am not recording music/videos & oher rubbish. It's all technical file si.e. DATA. I tried everything but despite Mastering format, not LiveFileSystem selected, it all writes as UDF. Now here's a surprise. If you think Vista is mislabeling a mastered disk as UDF, when i...

Windows Offic
Is their any way I can install Office on XP? At one time I had Office 2003 and now I have Office 2007. I can't find my program for Office 2003. -- Don M "dandydon1" <dandydon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is their any way I can install Office on XP? At one time > I had Office 2003 and now I have Office 2007. I can't > find my program for Office 2003. There should not be any technical problem installing Office 2007 on Windows XP. Some, however, would say that you might do well to exert extra effort to find your Office 2003, because t...

upgrade from mac office 2004 to mac office 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have mac office 2004 which I bought in 2007. Am I eligible to upgrade to 2008 version. as I unable to download updates for 2004 version, as it shows that i.e update 11.5.0 it could not find the right application to update. please help. On 4/10/09 7:04 PM, "singhsurjeet9@officeformac.com" <singhsurjeet9@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have mac office 2004 which I bought in 2007. Am I eligible to upgrade to > 2008 version. as I unable to download updates for 2004 version, as it shows > that i.e u...

Registering multiple MS Office product keys
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have home & student Office with 3 different product keys on the back of the DVD sleeve - so I'm assuming 3 licences. The product key i find in About is different from any of the 3 on the back of the and this product key is the only one that is accepted when I register. Hence I cannot seem to use the product on more than one mac at the same time. Any thoughts? Thanks In article <ee98108.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, anniee@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (L...

Accessing Web-based E-mail Account
Hello... I just installed Outlook 2003 so I'm still finding my way around. I see you can access Web-based e-mail accounts, such as Hotmail. In fact, it works just fine with my hotmail account. However, when I try to set up my Yahoo mail account, I get the following error message from Outlook: Inbox synchronization headers reported error 0x80070057. Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to fix this? They would be much appreciated. John Look on Yahoo! for their mail support help articles. Last I checked, they only will allow paid accounts to sync with Outlook, not the free service...

Office 2002 hangs during auto send/receive
I am using Office 2002 XP Professional and whenever I set automatic send/receive on, it freezes the machine. I have to stop it using Task Manager and reboot. When I turn auto send/receive off, it works fine and I can do manual send/receives. any suggestions? I mean XP Professional Outlook. >-----Original Message----- >I am using Office 2002 XP Professional and whenever I set >automatic send/receive on, it freezes the machine. I >have to stop it using Task Manager and reboot. When I >turn auto send/receive off, it works fine and I can do >manual send/receives...

save access pivot table view as new table
Hi, 1. Is there a way to save Access's pivot table view as a new table. I'm using access 2003 2. Also is there a way to define the option provided in excel pivot tables "For empty cells, show" in Access Pivot table view OR in the cross-tab qery? For the first option you could use a maketable query. But remember a pivot is dynamic so the next time you could have more or less columns. So if you want to use the outcome you have to run the maketable query with every change made in the underlying data. For point 2 I'd advice you to look for the option to add a 0 for the...

Vista, Office 2007 and MSCRM
Hi all: So I've recently come across those crazy folks over at SF.com spouting off that MSCRM won't work with Vista, Office 2007. Well please be assured that is untrue, an update to the MSCRM client will be available soon from MS Corp and will run perfectly in Vista and Office 2007. MS Corp - PLEASE get some collateral out there about this! Have a look at my blog for a Vista gadget displaying MSCRM data... John. This message sent from Office 2007 on Windows Vista Ultimate http://mscrmguy.blogspot.com/ The update should be out mid december =====================...

Is the Office clipart free to use for anything?
Not sure how to put the question. What I want to do is find clipart in Word 2000 (or from the online source) either in Word or Publisher, to use to illustrate something that might be commercially published. A few people have asked me about doing this, for various projects, one will be submitted as a book (or self published). She wants little clip art- cartoon like pictures at the start of each chapter. I'm not good at actual drawing, so thought I could find clipart in the files, and put it together, or even change it (like make it b&w, which she wants- like ink drawings) if i...

Can not access CRM web client from User computers
Installed MSCRM 3 SBE on Windows SBS 2003 Premium Edition with sp1. Installation was trouble free and up and running on port 5555. I can access CRM web client through IE from within the CRM Server with the URL http://localhost:5555. However I can not access CRM web client from client computers. It says "Page can not be displayed". We have company web page on the default website using port 80 that can be accessed from the client computers. We have moved CRM application to this new box and used Redeployment Tool on the restored database. Everything went on smooth during redeployment a...

how to add investment account's investments to Money 2004 portfolio
I recently imported my investement account into money 2004. However, the investments were not added into the Money portfolio. I remember that for another investment account that I had added a year ago, they were immediately added to the Money portfolio. Am I missing something? Any suggestions will be appreciated t In microsoft.public.money, rvsw@hotmail.com wrote: >I recently imported my investement account into money 2004. However, >the investments were not added into the Money portfolio. I remember >that for another investment account that I had added a year ago, they >were i...