Office 2003 - When will it be released for the Mac?

Does anyone know of current plans for making the updated versions of
Microsoft Office programs for the Macintosh platform?  I have been
reading the news of the new release, but I have not noticed that
mentioned.
0
squigglee (1)

In article <c61b112d.0310212238.59aa3a7a@posting.google.com>,
 squigglee@earthlink.net (David) wrote:

> Does anyone know of current plans for making the updated versions of
> Microsoft Office programs for the Macintosh platform?  I have been
> reading the news of the new release, but I have not noticed that
> mentioned.

There's no necessary tie between (Win) Office 2003 and the next Mac
version. MS has announced that they are working on the next Mac
version, but AFAIK, they haven't said anything about a release date.

In general, when it comes to new versions that haven't had official
MS release-date announcements: if somebody knows, they can't tell
you; if they tell you, they don't know.

FWIW, Office product cycles historically seem to take about 2 years
on average between major versions. Office v.X was an exception,
coming out about a year after Office 2001.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Out of office assistant not working for external senders...
Hi there, ive seen some one else with this problem on here, but with no responce, so i thoiught id psot again. Basically were using outlook 200o with #exchange 5.5 on NT 4. We've set up an out of office assistant for a few accounts however it only wants to reply to people inside the network, anyone that sends an email from an external email address, it wont reply to. How do i change this?? Im guessing it maybe on exchange problem? Again any help, greatly appreciated! Cheers, tim (Cheeko) OK, ive worked it out myself, heres the answer for everyone else! In order to get Out ...

Forward in outlook 2002 / 2003
Hello, I have an e-mail which contains a form. This e-mail must be forwarded to a lot of recipients. I've tested some mail readers, without any problem. But, in MS Outlook 2002 / 2003, when I try to forward the message, the html code changes, converting my <form action='http://xxx' name='f'> into <form>. What I mean is that I lose the essential parameters to send the form. Of course, when I recieve the e-mail forwarded by outlook 2002/2003, and I try to submit the form, it can't be able to send the data, because it have no information about where and how ha...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

Re-download Office Outlook Live
Hi, I have a current and valid subscription to Microsoft® Office Outlook® Live and the Office Outlook Connection so I can use my Windows Live Mail account with Outlook. I need to reinstall this software to a new laptop but I cannot find where to get this from. And believe me, I have looked. When I originaly subscribed I opted to download the software rather than have it posted to me at home, but even now I cannot see that option available either. Has anyone any suggestions please? did you log into your member account? http://membercenter.msn.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - ...

Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta
During install Error code2203. Install aborted. Install started as an administrator. Who can help? The beta forum, perhaps, that you were provided when you downloaded: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/office2010/threads -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "arie_kruijswijk@hotmail.com" <ariekruijswijkhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539721BE-5665-4AAC-8CC0-20200E08E22A@microsoft.com... > During install Error code2203. > Install aborted. Install started as an administrat...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

2003 Ntbackup and Exchange 5.5
Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? Thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange 5.5 admin program on the Win2003 box. This wouldn't be a supported config E55/Win2K3. "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote in message news:1148396571.906986.74070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > > Thanks in advance. > On 23 May 2006 08:02:52 -0700, "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote: >Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > >Thanks in advance. Possibly not supported. The 5.5 admin is not...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

OE to Outlook 2003
Hi everyone! I don't need newsgroups anymore...so....I am changing from using OE to Outlook. After importing all of my personal folders, etc. from OE I want to get rid of OE Identities that are taking up over 5GB of space on my drive. How do I do this? Can I just delete them or is there a process that I need to follow so I don't destroy XP or other apps? -- drumfreak One you've got everything in Outlook that you wanted, then you can remove your account configuration from OE via Tools-> Accounts... Any remaining data files from OE (like dbx-files) can then be dele...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Install Problem
Hi, I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service and this causes the installation to fail. I did think it could be related to GFI Mail Essentials or Security but I've uninstalled both and it still fails. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe On Fri, 5 May 2006 14:25:29 +0100, "Spenceley" <joe@response-it.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. > >When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service...

Upgrade Excel 2003 to 2007 = loads of #div/0
There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been calculated, solves the problem. When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions. Calculation option is set to Automatic. Can someone explain what's happening? This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt w...

Adding row to table in Publisher 2003?
I created a table in Publisher 2003 with two rows and four columns. I added four pictures to the 1st row ( one in each column), and added the text in the 2nd row (each text item to correspond with the picture above). Now I wanted to add a row above the first 1st because I wanted to add a title, then put a border around the table. But when I select Table, the first row, and select Insert Row ABOVE, the row always ends up BELOW the row I selected. What do I need to do? Thanks for help! Susan I cannot duplicate this. Are you highlighting the complete row? You need to only place your curs...

Automatically check mail in Outlook 2003
I have a new PC running XP Media Center 2005 and Office Standard 2003 trial. My PC has a built in LAN card. I use 56k dial-up modem to access POP3 on local ISP. Although I tried getting some info on Outlook 2003 from ISP they are no help--most use Outlook Express and are not familiar with Outlook. I want the PC to automatically dial and check for mail when off line every 2 hours. I would like to have outlook check mail when I am online about every 10-15 minutes. Office originally setup Outlook as if it was connected to mail server by LAN so I changed to modem. My Internet Explorer ...

OWA 2003 disclaimer/signature
Is there a location I can amend so that all the new message created from OWA 2003 will has the disclaimer? If you just want to add a disclaimer to OWA email messages check out: http://www.exclaimer.co.uk/Disclaimers.aspx To add a disclaimer to all outbound email messages some VB scripting is needed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 Might also want to check out: http://www.policypatrol.com/policypatroldisclaimers.htm http://www.gfi.com/mes/mesfeatures.htm Christopher Crandall "kevin" wrote: > Is there a location I can am...

Confusion in VS 2003 over declaring a new class....
We have an app that requires .net 1.1 to work, so are using VS 2003 for convenience. I'm most of the way through cleaning up the code that was originally created in VS 2008, so that it will not error on build. One particular statement has me a bit confused, as I cannot find any obvious examples to explain it. m_Results.PR = New Validator.Details currently complains that type Validator.Details is not defined, which is correct. I tried to add a new Details class to the Validator class, and declared several variables that are then used m_Results.PR.UPRN = getSelectedRowVal...