Office #2

I just bought a new iBook which came with the Office 2004 Test drive.
I installed this, used it briefly, then bought a real copy of Office.
Before installing the real thing, I uninstalled the Test Drive version.
 The real version installed just fine, however it shows that it's
registered to "Office 2004 Test Drive User" instead of me.  It's
annoying when you try to do things like insert comments in Excel.   Is
there a way to change/fix this?  (I'm a newbie to the Mac)

Thanks.

Sorry about the lame thread title, I hit submit too soon.

That information is stored in Word>Preferences>User Information.
Word>Preferences is equivalent to Tools | Options in WinWord, but on the
Mac, nearly every program will have a Preferences entry under the
application menu (the menu that has the same name as the application), and
it's a good place to look if you run into annoyances.

Excel seems to pick up the User Information from Word, so you will probably
need to make the change, then quit and relaunch both programs for it to show
up.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
9/8/2005 3:00:47 PM
See this article on the McGimpsey & Associates website:
<http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html>

On 9/8/05 2:18 AM, in article
1126163912.262577.265130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

2-Sided printing
I'm trying to print a Publisher brochure 2-sided/ duplex. When I go to Print Properties on my Dell 966 Printer, the two sided option is grayed out. This is not a problem printing from Word or Powerpoint so it seems to be something specific to Publisher. Any ideas? ...

Windows XP and Office 97 Outlook
I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? Outlook 97 should work the same way it worked under your old operating system... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Danny Chamrad" <djc2@tisd.net> wrote in message news:0f6b01c358fb$c0790ca0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I > configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? > > ...

setup wrksht w/ column widths of 10 then 2 then 10 then 2 etc
Is there an easy way to set column widths...or do I have to change each column separately? Want a worksheet with Col A = 10, Col B = 2, Col C = 10, Col D = 2, etc. Select column A, then control-click on B, C, ... Adjust the columnwidth to 10 Then select column B, ctrl-click on D, ... and adjust the columnwidth to 2. jmeg wrote: > > Is there an easy way to set column widths...or do I have to change each > column separately? Want a worksheet with Col A = 10, Col B = 2, Col C = 10, > Col D = 2, etc. -- Dave Peterson Set column A to 10, then column B to 2. Then drag mouse...

Help!!!!! Problem with an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
I was upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 when my server ran out of space due to the log file growing was to big. This crashed the install. I fixed the log file issue and went to try to redo the upgrade. The issue came into play that while I was doing the intial upgrade to 3.0 my Crystal db was removed and now any time I try to upgrade to 3.0 I get a malformed xml error with the crm database. I have the MSCRM and METADATA db's backed up so I have all my companies data but now I need to finish the upgrade. Can anybody help? Thanks, J When I've done upgrades I've found the key thing i...

social security number validation #2
Customer would like the Social Security Number in the Employee Maintenance to be validated against the Social Security Administration ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default...

booting up word v 10.0.0 and/or uninstalling office v10.0.0
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I can no longer boot up word-- it almost get there, but quits with a message "word has suddenly or unexpectedly quit". However, I am able to open a word document and get a new blank word page. I was told to uninstall office and then reinstall it, but I can not find an uninstall icon on my office CD. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me rob I operate a mac book with system MacOs 10.4.11 My word program is Microsoft Office X (2000), v 10.0.0 <RMS711@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can no long...

currency account #2
HI - I want to set up a euro account which shows the values in euros and is not converted into sterling. I need this to run alongside my sterling account. Is this possible? Please can someone tell me how? thanks Rachel "perplexed rachel" <perplexed rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:729EBD18-C240-4B45-8760-4E2B29094647@microsoft.com... > HI - I want to set up a euro account which shows the values in euros and is > not converted into sterling. I need this to run alongside my sterling > account. Is this possible? Please can someone tell me ...

Importing Mac Outlook Personal Address Book into MS Office XP 2002 Outlook
I was able to import the Personal Folder from a Mac file into Outlook 2002 on a PC but cannont get the Personal Address Book to export, load, move to Outlook 2002 on the same PC. Any suggestions on what I should try? Thanks, Annamarie Annamarie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was able to import the Personal Folder from a Mac file > into Outlook 2002 on a PC but cannont get the Personal > Address Book to export, load, move to Outlook 2002 on the > same PC. Outlook 2002 doesn't use the Personal Address Book. -- Brian Tillman What formats does the ...

remove last 2 numbers
Hi Which formula would we use to remove the last 2 numbers from a dollar figure as it is currently 4 decimals and we need it as 2 but do not want rounding up. We cannot change the format as the cell still represents as a 4 decimal. eg 12.4555 is currntly in A1 12.45 is what we would like in B2 Thanks Noemi =rounddown(A1,2) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Noemi" <Noemi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F822588F-C74C-4D5F-BF2A-0654AC6922DE@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Which formula would we use to remove the l...

Out of office problem #2
We have an SBS 2000 server and from that i have a client machine running outlook 2000, my account is also set to forward all mail to an external email account as well as delivering to my exchange mail box. When i've enabled the out of office assistant in the office last week it didn't appear to work for external contacts , and for internal contacts only worked for the first email they sent to me. Anyone got any ideas? Paul I can't say for sure, but this sounds like something that happened to me when I first tried the OOO Asst. With regard to your second point, the Assistant ...

Excel charting #2
Is there a way to manually adjust Y-axis numbers to account for a wide range of numbers, e.g. two series of numbers below 20, but another series in the thousands, thus eliminating most of the range inbetween? Hi jperry, You can either put the data series with values in the 000's on the secondary Y axis. Another way would be to break the Y axis. Check Jon's page for and example, which include links to other examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html Cheers Andy jperry wrote: > Is there a way to manually adjust Y-axis numbers to > account for a wid...

Count days inside 2 dates
Sorry, I have been trying all sorts of different formulas to get this right. I need a formulae that can calculate the numbers of day in C A guest arrives on A, left on B, total numbers of days on C. A B C 10/12/2008 11/12/2008 1 (days) 31/12/2008 03/01/2009 3 Much appreciated! Assume startdates in A2 down, enddates in B2 down Then in C2: =B2-A2 Format C2 as general (via Format>Cells), then copy down -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:19,000 Files:362 ...

Last Money version not requiring activation? #2
I have just successfully (re)installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my box which has been running M+ for about 18 months. This allowed me to open and convert (with no fuss, no muss) all my Money archive files dating from 1995 through 2006. That leaves only 07, 08, and in January, 09 to do the hard way -- export from M+ and import into M07. Through this exercise I have learned and can confirm: 1. M07 will install on a box on which M+ is already installed, no questions asked. 2. Once installed, M+ immediately contacts MS servers, downloads and installs all program updates for that version. 3. M07...

Excel Conditional sum wizard for Office XP?
Add in is listed with the program; however, I was unable to install it. I went to Microsoft Office and was unable to find it? Where can I get this add in? curt SUMIF.XLA is on the CD and should have been installed with "typical" install. If not available in Tools>Add-ins, perhaps the installation was a "custom" install and the original installer did not check the Conditional Sum Wizard. Do a file search for SUMIF.XLA Normal path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library If can't be found, go to Control Panel>Add/remove and click on MS Office ...

DSExport #2
I have looked everywhere for the tool, it is not in the newest Platform SDK because there is no dbmsg/exchange path under samples and the one that needs to be compiled in the Exchange sdk is missing the edk.h file so I can't get it to compile. Anybody out there got this file please?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C5DA63.084208D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Platform SDK Archive Samples: Microsoft Exchange Server Samples and = Library http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...

matching data in 2 worksheets
Hi, We have started entering our membership in an Excel workbook of about 500 names with names, age, birthday, address, tel no., mobile nos. 2 of us were assigned to enter the data in the same worksheet. Unfortunately, my associate opened a wrong file ( not the updated ones) and entered about 50 names in a separate file and sorted the names. Is there a reconcile the 2 worksheets? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-functions/201001/1 Copy and Paste from Wrong to Right and re-sort? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft ...

OWA Setting "Out of Office Assistant" don't work. --"
Dear sir I have setting Out of Office Assistant in OWA. on my e-mail address. and testing sending e-mail to my e-mail, it is't autoreply to sendor. How i do for resolve this problemd. --" Exchange 2003 server Pls help me -- Message posted via http://www.winserverkb.com Out of Office Assistant by default only work for internal mail, not for internet mail, if you want to use Out of Office Assistant for emails send from internet you need too turn it on under Global Settings -> Internet Message Format but is not recomended. Nebojsa Seslija "Kangyut Champasit via Win...

making 2 cell in one
in A1 it says John 1n B1 it says Smith, how can i poot both wards in c with a spac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi check out your other post about 9 minutes prior to this one. Cheers JulieD "yoem >" <<yoem.1ah4ez@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yoem.1ah4ez@excelforum-nospam.com... > in A1 it says John 1n B1 it says Smith, how can i poot both wards in c1 > with a space > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > In C1, enter =A1&" "&B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFo...

Page Break #2
How do I get rid of a vertical page break? I took over this job from someone else and I can't print any columns past G. Thanks in advance. try this. Click on View and then click on Page Break Preview. Not to remove a particular page break, just drag that blue line into the grey area(the non printing range). If you are not getting anywhere and you just wanna remove all page breaks, just right click on any cell and then click on Reset All Page Breaks. See it it works. Sanjay V. sanjayva at yahoo dot com >-----Original Message----- >How do I get rid of a vertical page brea...

Cell with data validation allows blanks, pastes, deletions
Thanks mzehr, this appears to stop anything other than what you specif being entered, even though for it to work I have to add everything i my list into the macro. But how do I stop a deletion or a blan entry? Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26275 Fuzzy, For that you will probably want to consider forcing the user to input the information into a user for. For starters ...

New Macbook
I bought a new macbook, well, new to me. Anyhow, it had office installed on it & I have the registration key. I reinstalled the laptop, so I could start fresh without all the previous owners stuff on it. So now I have a trial version of Office 2004. How do I enter in my license key so that I have the full version? I cant find anything anywhere! I see how to BUY IT, but I dont think I should have to do that. Any ideas? Thank you - from a long time PC user, trying to make the switch :) Hi, it's not possible to convert the Test Drive into a full install, even if you own a registrati...

2 companies have merged. How to handle merging of exchange servers
MY company is running SBS 4.5 with Exchange 5.5. We merged with a company that runs Exchange 5.0 The company we merged with has the e-mail domain we will be using. We will also be relocating that server to my office. We have the plan to link the offices together in a WAN. How best can I set up all the users on my server to that other server, also allow anyone using the old addresses to continue to receive e-mails to that old address even though they are connecting to a different mail server and upgrade that 5.0 server to Exchange 2k3 SBS. We already have the licenses so moving away from...

1.2 SBS to 3.0 Prof
How can i achieve this ? I have a CRM 1.2 'SBS' running and i want the complete information to be moved to a CRM 3.0 'Professional' Edition. How do i this ? - Can i upgrade 1.2 SBS directly to 3.0 Prof (if i have the appropriate licenses for Prof) If the above is not possible, - Can i upgrade 1.2 SBS to 3.0 SBS and then redeploy 3.0 SBS onto a 3.0 Prof Would there be any issues concerning licensing involved? Please advice... thank you The thing that determines if you have SBS or professional is the OS, if you install over Windows SBS the setup install SBS edition and yo...

Command Buttons Dont Work In Dialog Box If Placed Infront Of A Picture Or Drawing Box #2
SeaparkJohn Thanks for you reply. No.....The menu is made up using a dialog sheet rather than a use form I have not yet explored the use of user forms. Are they easier to use, and do the buttons get assigned to macros? I dont want to have to write them all again. Thanks for your help. Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26799 ...

money on 2 computers
I have money 2001 installed on my laptop and would like to use it on my desktop. I am running a wireless network to share data, but am conserned if something happened to my laptop I will not be able to acess my money account. I'm not sure what your worry is - it is quite legal to have Money installed on your desktop and your laptop. "Jay" <jprill@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:0d5601c383bc$c0b47c90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have money 2001 installed on my laptop and would like to > use it on my desktop. I am running a wireless network to > share data, but am ...