Nothing in Office will open

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hello, <br><br>We have 2 MacBook Pros in our household with mine purchased this summer (mine is 10.5.8). I successfully installed (and used in the past) Office for Mac 2008 on my laptop. The software was purchased and is installed/used on the 1st MacBook. (We were told at Apple that we can share the software.) <br>
0
JimNAZ

0
JimNAZ

slow to open
It is taking about a minute to a minute and a half to open my outlook express.... why? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outloo...

Outlook 2003 will not open Mailbox
We have a problem with SBS 2000. Clients with Outlook 2002 or older can open their mailboxes. Clients with Outlook 2003 get the error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Eithe there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server comptuer is down for maintenance." Everything was working on the server until it got a virus. Here is what has been done. The virus was cleaned. SBS 2000 was repaired. Exchange part of SBS 2000 has been reloaded. All clients can use Web Mail to access their mailboxes with no probl...

how to log in to office online
how do access my microsoft office basics. have tried through msn and cannot get on. thank you If you are refering to Office Live Basics please go here www.officelive.com -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "romanticingpoet" wrote: > how do access my microsoft office basics. > > have tried through msn and cannot get on. > > thank you ...

Office 2004 for Mac
Hi, Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office 2004 for the MAC? ..The Mactopia web site doesn't provide much information at all. Regards Trevor In article <c0eh06$1mlb$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>, "trmbr" <trmbr@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will > be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office > 2004 for the MAC? > .The Mactopia web site doesn't provide ...

how do i unsuscribe from microsoft office emails
ive been receivin emails like evry two days and i want to stop it. Update your profile on Microsoft.com. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, mide93 asked: | ive been receivin emails like evry two days and i want to stop it. ...

Send To vs Open With
My VB6 app looks at the command line when it starts. I want to gather a list of images that the user selected then list them in my app. So far this is what I am seeing on my XP PC ... Note: these all have spaces in the path and\or name so I get double quoted arguments. If I select several image files in windows explorer and then Select Open With Only the first path\filename shows in Command$ So this method seems not to be any good. Is his the expected result? Select Send To I see all path\filenames selected in Command$ The command parser I have treats the first as ...

Message automatically deleted after opening
I am using Windows Mail in Vista 32 bit Home Premium. Recently I have been encountering a problem with my e-mails. I open an e-mail and close it after it is read. If I proceed to go to another folder and, then return to the Inbox, the message that I read is no longer there. It doesn't go to the Delete Folder or, any other folder that I have set up. Does anyone know why this is happening and, how I can fix it. Thanks. -- Floridaguy "Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53C48531-DCA8-45BE-8C65-97B19E28B977@microsoft.c...

out of office assistant in Outlook 2002?
I have outlook 2002 for small business and the tools menu doesn't have the out of office assistant and I can't get the exchange add-in to work. Can anyone suggest what the problem/solution is to finding or adding the out of office assistant? two things must happen before you see the out of office assistant 1) the exchange extensions must be enabled under tools | options | other | advanced options | addin manager and 2) you must connect to a microsoft exchange server via the exchange transport "mbrown" <mjb@mjbrownlaw.com> wrote in message news:04c601c36c3c$4b5f...

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Can Excel 2007 open a numbers file?
Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, thanks. What is a numbers file? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, fnight <fnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, >thanks. fnight - If you're referring to Numbers, part of iWork for Mac computers, I am not aware of such an add-in. The usual workaround is to use Numbers to save the file in a format that Excel can open. The web page http://www.apple.com/iw...

How to: Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code
I need to : Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code and extract the file attachment. I have hundreds of these emails that we need the attachments extracted from. But the .msg files are on a hard drive. Someone help me out here.... I need the code to open and access the mailitem.... how do I open a .msg file? Use the CreateItemFromTemplate() method for that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "B...

Publisher won't open file
I am having serious issues with Publisher XP/2002 Creating a simple 2 page file, after closing Publisher refuses to open the file at all, to the point of crashing the application. Deciding not to create the file for a 3rd time and loosing it, i decided that after every change i would save a new copy of the file. All I have done is just added images when it stops working. it doesn't even have to be the same image. at any random point it will just stop working. Help please! Do you have the service packs? Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

Out of office replys not working correctly
Hello, We have a few users who have the automatic out of office replys turned on and they work fine from within the company. However, they dont seem to be responding to outside mail such as yahoo.com, gmail.com or hotmail.com. Is there a setting in exchange 2003 server that would prohibit out of office replys from going out to external mail? Thanks in advance... Yes, OOFs to the Internet are disabled by default. Global Settings/Internet Message Formats/Properties/ click the checkbox to enable. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:55:28 -0800, Psycho <Psycho@Psychotic.net> wrote: >Hello...

can open 1 picture unless logged in as Administrator???
Help please????!!! Unless i log in as Administrator, i can only insert 1 picture in MS Publisher 97? I get told the graphics filters are not installed, but i have done a full install? Ms clients are running windows 2000 OS and are locked down via group policy. Any help would be great Thanks, Carl. Publisher (especially the older versions I hear) doesn't like playing with networks. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carlos1981" <Carlos1981@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642AAFF8-D25F-4AC5-B90E-33AC25E17663@microsoft.com... > Help p...

This Identity can't be opened with this version of Entourage
I have been experiencing constant crashing in Entourage and Word for a few weeks, so I decided to reinstall from the Office:mac 2004 disk. Now I can't get Entourage to open at all. Please help. On 12/8/06 4:12 PM, in article 1165623155.367572.290820@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com, "redroomer" <sean@decemberfilms.com.au> wrote: > I have been experiencing constant crashing in Entourage and Word for a > few weeks, so I decided to reinstall from the Office:mac 2004 disk. > Now I can't get Entourage to open at all. Please help. You need to apply the latest updat...

where do you go in MSFT to do an office diagram,
how do I do this kind of diagram, with internal office layout, etc. johnplanner wrote: > how do I do this kind of diagram, with internal office layout, etc. I don't know much about Microsoft's internal corporate structure, so I don't know where inside MSFT you would go to have an office diagram created. If you mean which Microsoft product to use, then Visio is probably your best bet, although even that isn't really the right product for the job. Microsoft doesn't create any building design/architecture products. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

MS OUTLOOK OFFICE SBE 2003
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. I have unistalled OFFICE SBE 2003 and reinstalled it. The problem persists. Anybody knows of a solution? Roger Bertrand EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com I often use my MS Outlook and almost every time I don't have any problems with my tool. But once I opened my software and noticed a very unpleasant thing,exacter some of my c...

Folders open at oldest email
Several of my subfolders for recieved mail (I filter received mail into specific sub-folders) open up at the oldest message (i.e. bottom of the list) rather than at the last message reviewed or top of the list. How/where is this configured? (Outlook 2003) Thanks ChiefDarkCloud Display reading pane at the bottom, click on the Received column header. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, cal2833@hotmail.com asked: | Se...

One file in Excel will not open.
Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that u...

[VC8] Why is MFC File Open/Save dialog no longer resizable?
Hi, In VC6, MFC apps used resizable file open/save dialogs by default. In VC8 (and VC7 AFAIK), those dialogs are no longer resizable. Why? ...

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

Opening Pub 2003 files in older versions
Is it possible to open Publisher 2003 files created in Windows XP in older MS versions (Publisher 2000 in Windows 98)? If so, how? Thanks, Bob A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Bob B. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Is it possible to open Publisher 2003 files created in > Windows XP in older MS versions (Publisher 2000 in > Windows 98)? Yes, but you have to save them as the old version (File > Save as... > Publisher 98/2000) This loses formatting. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_...