Not enough memory or disk space to run Word

Help!  I can't seem to find a resolution to this problem!
I have Office 2001 for Macintosh.  It's worked great for a
few years now. All of a sudden I get the message "Not
enough memory or disk space to run Word" when I try to open
a word document or enter Word.  There is plenty of memory
available.  I've tried making space and reinstalling my
software.  Can anyone help me????

Need help in Wisconsin!
Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Run through the troubleshooting suggestions here--they fix a large
percentage of problems:
http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootWord2001.htm

On 9/14/04 2:09 PM, "Help with Word!" wrote:

> Help!  I can't seem to find a resolution to this problem!
> I have Office 2001 for Macintosh.  It's worked great for a
> few years now. All of a sudden I get the message "Not
> enough memory or disk space to run Word" when I try to open
> a word document or enter Word.  There is plenty of memory
> available.  I've tried making space and reinstalling my
> software.  Can anyone help me????
>
> Need help in Wisconsin!
> Thanks!

Does Word have a command that compares to WordPerfect Advance?
I want to advance text to a specific position within the line that is independent of the number of characters that precedes it. Tab will not work as it measures from the preceding character. WordPerfect has a command: "Typesetting" "Advance" that I use for this. Is there a comparable command in MS Word? Word does have an Advance field, mostly for compatibility with documents imported from WordPerfect. If you use the \x switch, it will position the next character at the specified location. According to the help topic on the Advance field, the \x switch &qu...

reserved words
why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using 2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the field names. fianlly can anyone recommend tutorials on youtube as comprehensive as excel is fun? thanks for the trouble. ged. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:00:01 -0800, stressed windows user <stressedwindowsuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using >2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the >field names. fi...

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

Function doesn't run
In my spreadsheet, I have the following function =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the cell. How do I fix this problem? Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justin" <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote in message news:1165596899.059148.31580@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... | In my spreadsheet, I have the following function | =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) | However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the | cell. How do I fix th...

Convert Double Space To Single Space
How do you convert double spaced text to single spaced? I don't see an option for this in Outlook. I can paste into Notepad, copy and then paste into Outlook, but I would prefer a way to do it within Outlook. ...

how to automatically suppress space before after column break?
Having Spacing Before and After on some of the styles, I seem to be unable to have the space before at the beginning of a column automatically dismissed when applying a column break. I have tried a couple of options under compatibility, but to no avail. This in on Word 2003. The No HTML function + No Space Before after column break do not solve the problem. Can you help please? Tools | Options | Compatibility: Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break. If this isn't working, then check to make sure you don't have an empty paragraph before the first text pa...

Word 2008 keeps crashing
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008. Whenever I type in Word or copy/paste from another document, I either get an error that says "Insufficient memory" or the application freezes and will not respond. Is there something I can do or just have to wait for an update? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285228210_9363962 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 10:37 AM, in article ee8c846.-1@web...

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

number of lines on a word document
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long, double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone help? Maintaining a constant number of lines per page is dependent on at least 2 factors: 1- Using the same font & font size throughout, & 2- Turning off Widow/Orphan control in Format> Paragraph - Line & Page Breaks. Due to the proportional spacing considerations of modern word processing -- which is more closely akin to typesetting than typewr...

disk full problem on a server
i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is something called a "Celerra" (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and Windows 2000 Professional. i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and network services folk...

Counting number of words in a sentence and highlighting or commenting
Hi, I found some old code, from Helmut of Bavaria I believe, that is supposed to find long sentences in a document: Sub test002() Dim rDcm As Range ' the documents main story range Dim oWrd As Object ' a word Dim oSnt As Object ' a sentence Dim oPrg As Paragraph ' a paragraph Dim lWrd As Long ' a counter for words Dim lSnt As Long ' a counter for sentences Dim lPrg As Long ' a counter for paragraphs Set rDcm = ActiveDocument.Range For Each oPrg In rDcm.Paragraphs lPrg = lPrg + 1 lSnt = 0 For Each oSnt I...

Calendar control in Word 2003
I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've managed to do so using: www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.htm This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at getting the c...

Word document attachment can not be read
We are using Office XP SP3 and Exchange 2000 with SP3. Some of our users will send Word documents as attachments in an email from Outlook that when you open the attachment, word goes into file conversion because it can't read the document. Typically, they send it again and it opens fine. Sometimes it has taken two or three tries. It is random and inconsistent. I have not been able to duplicate it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. ...

Removal of 100's of spacing in numbers
I want to be able to use the replace command, but it won’t find the spaces for me. When I copy tables with numbers from various sources, I get spaces inside and after the numbers. E.g. “1 234 “ I know the use of SUBSTITUTE and other functions, but it is not an effective way of working when there are so many columns. I have tried to change the cell format to text, but still no luck in finding the spaces with the replace command. Might be some other character. Place your cursor between 1 and 2 and copy Select the columns with numbers Press Ctrl+H In the Find box press Ctrl+...

Run-time error 432
I'm getting a run-time error 432 when trying to open some areas of a VB program in excel. This program works on some machines and not others. We all have the same version of excel and our settings seem to be the same. Does anyone have any idea where I can start to look for the reason this is happening? Thanks Kevin After doing a search of Google, you may like to try this solution... Go to... http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dao360.dll/03.60.8618.0/download.html download and install file.... Then go to RUN and type: Regsvr32C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Dao360.dll ...

Document created by older version of Word won't open
I'm currently using the version of Word contained in Office 2003. I have some documents I created with earlier versions which no longer can be opened. I get this error message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting." How do I fix this? Thanks! John -- Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true email address to prevent spam. Thank you. See "Information about certain file types that are blocked after yo...

Log files filling disk up
We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. Any advice on hoe these logfiles can be managed would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave Are you doing Exchange-aware full online backups? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Dave Marshall" <dj_marshall@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. > >It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and >within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. > >Any advice...

Difference in how templates work: Word 2003 and Word 2007?
I hope I'm posting this in the right place... In Word 2003, when you've associated a .DOT with a .DOC (Tools > Templates and Add-Ins, Templates tab), the Document Template edit box displays the full pathname of the DOT. But if you move the pair of files to another folder and open up that .DOC on that folder and go again into Tools > Templates and Add-Ins, the template name in Document Template edit box now has the NEW folder. It seems that Word 2003 doesn=92t internally store the foldername of the DOT along with its filename, and instead will look first on the DOC'...