no autoupdater in new macbook with new office install,

Hello ... I am new to Macs so I hope the answer to this isn't obvious.

Just purchased Macbook. About this Mac says Mac OS X Version 10.4.9

I tested the Office:Mac test drive then purchased it.

Before installing I uninstalled as instructed, then did a custom
installation but chose to install everything.

No problems - everything running fine etc.

When I click on Check for Updates in the Help Menu it says Autoupdate
isn't installed - do I want to install it now.

I click yes ... but it says There Was an Error Installing Autoupdate

So I searched and haven't found an definitive answer. I can't see any
update programme in the Office folder, nor on the Office disk. I have
tried downloading the updater from Mactopia but when I install it it
tells me either the files are already there or that I have cancelled
(which I haven't).

Can someone help me out with this? I could do it manually but I would
really like this to work so I would appreciate your help. Also, if I
do have to do it manually, I assume looking at the available list that
this is Service Pack 2 and I need to do the ones after that?

The version I am using says Version 11.2 (060202).

Many thanks in anticipation

Deborah

0
djaneb (2)

On 3/31/07 11:07 PM, in article
1175407659.426694.136010@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"
<djaneb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone help me out with this? I could do it manually but I would
> really like this to work so I would appreciate your help. Also, if I
> do have to do it manually, I assume looking at the available list that
> this is Service Pack 2 and I need to do the ones after that?
>
> The version I am using says Version 11.2 (060202).

I can't say if updating will fix your problems, but you MUST update to
11.3.3. This update contains the daylight saving time fix. There is an
additional update 11.3.4 that you should also update. You must also update
your OS.

See this article "Is your Mac ready for Daylight Savings Time?"

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/articles/daylight.html>

Download Office updates from Mactopia:

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx>

Applying the Apple combo updater might help with the problem you are having.
Running the combo updater overwrites potentially problem-causing files.
Several users have reported this fixed some odd problems they were having
with  MS Office applications.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>

Because Microsoft Office updates are not consistent across all of the Office
applications, I suggest you download this script that will tell you the
version of each Office application as well as the Microsoft Component
Plugin. Even if ALL the Office applications aren't updated each time, the
Microsoft Component Plugin, which isn't an app, will always show the latest
update.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/script/fav_scripts.html#favscript_findVersion

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page

0
dross1571 (196)
4/1/2007 8:55:24 AM
On Apr 1, 6:55 pm, Diane Ross <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:

> I can't say if updating will fix your problems, but you MUST update to
> 11.3.3. This update contains the daylight saving time fix. There is an
> additional update 11.3.4 that you should also update. You must also update
> your OS.

OK - done.

> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx>
>
> Applying the Apple combo updater might help with the problem you are having.

Done - applied the combo updater.

It did in fact fix the problem - after a reboot I clicked updates and
it offered to install the udpater and did and now whenever I click it,
it runs.

> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/script/fav_scripts.html#favscript_findV...

OK - did this too and get following results

Last update applied:  11.3.4

Microsoft Entourage: 11.3.3
Microsoft Excel: 11.3.3
Microsoft Word: 11.3.4
Microsoft PowerPoint: 11.3.2
Microsoft Messenger.app: 6.0.2
Microsoft Component Plugin: 11.3.4
Junk E-Mail Protection: 11.3.4
Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2137)

> Entourage Help Page
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
> <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

And have now bookmarked above pages to really get into it.

Many thanks for you guidance which has solved my problem and given me
heaps or other resources as well.

Deborah

0
djaneb (2)
4/1/2007 11:36:19 AM
On 4/1/07 4:36 AM, in article
1175427379.475140.151830@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"
<djaneb@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Applying the Apple combo updater might help with the problem you are having.
>
> Done - applied the combo updater.
>
> It did in fact fix the problem - after a reboot I clicked updates and
> it offered to install the udpater and did and now whenever I click it,
> it runs.

Glad to know your problem is solved. It helps to get feedback to let us know
if our advice helps so that we are better able to help others.

> Many thanks for you guidance which has solved my problem and given me
> heaps or other resources as well.

You're welcome!

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
<http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

0
dross1571 (196)
4/1/2007 8:46:43 PM
Hi Diane,

So excellent that your guidance helped the above user resolve her
issues...

"Apple Combo Updater"?

I have the precise problem that this user had (Office for Mac
AutoUpdater somehow not accessible anymore...supposedly NOT
installed).

In the hopes that this solution could be useful for my situation, too,
I thought I'd clarify with you what exactly this "combo updater" is
and where (on the Mac download site you provided a link to) would I
find it?  I don't find a download by this name.

I imagine there could be a lot of other details that I may provide you
with in order for you to help me resolve my issue...but, I'll wait to
answer any specific questions you may ask.

mahalo,
Robin

On Apr 1, 1:46 pm, Diane Ross <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/1/07 4:36 AM, in article
> 1175427379.475140.151...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"
>
> <dja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Applying the Apple combo updater might help with the problem you are having.
>
> > Done - applied the combo updater.
>
> > It did in fact fix the problem - after a reboot I clicked updates and
> > it offered to install the udpater and did and now whenever I click it,
> > it runs.
>
> Glad to know your problem is solved. It helps to get feedback to let us know
> if our advice helps so that we are better able to help others.
>

> > Many thanks for you guidance which has solved my problem and given me
> > heaps or other resources as well.
>
> You're welcome!
>
> --
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> Entourage Help Page
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
> <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

Hi Diane,

So excellent that your guidance helped the above user resolve her
issues...

"Apple Combo Updater"?

I have the precise problem that this user had (Office for Mac
AutoUpdater somehow not accessible anymore...supposedly NOT
installed).

In the hopes that this solution could be useful for my situation, too,
I thought I'd clarify with you what exactly this "combo updater" is
and where (on the Mac download site you provided a link to) would I
find it?  I don't find a download by this name.

I imagine there could be a lot of other details that I may provide you
with in order for you to help me resolve my issue...but, I'll wait to
answer any specific questions you may ask.

mahalo,
Robin

On Apr 1, 1:46 pm, Diane Ross <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/1/07 4:36 AM, in article
> 1175427379.475140.151...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"
>
> <dja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Applying the Apple combo updater might help with the problem you are having.
>
> > Done - applied the combo updater.
>
> > It did in fact fix the problem - after a reboot I clicked updates and
> > it offered to install the udpater and did and now whenever I click it,
> > it runs.
>
> Glad to know your problem is solved. It helps to get feedback to let us know
> if our advice helps so that we are better able to help others.
>

> > Many thanks for you guidance which has solved my problem and given me
> > heaps or other resources as well.
>
> You're welcome!
>
> --
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> Entourage Help Page
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
> <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

11th/12th items listed, depending on whether you have a PPC or Intel Mac.

If you have an issue to be resolved I suggest you post it as a NEW message &
include all relevant detail describing your system, software, & detail about
the problem.

All due respect to Diane, but there are any number of others who may be able
to assist you in the meantime - we all visit the group on an "as available"
basis, so it's possible Diane may not even see your current post for days...
Possibly not even see it at all since it's buried in what is an otherwise
closed thread.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/2/07 12:57 PM, in article
1175533056.533919.236690@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"Robin.Kristy@gmail.com" <Robin.Kristy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>
> So excellent that your guidance helped the above user resolve her
> issues...
>

> "Apple Combo Updater"?
>
> I have the precise problem that this user had (Office for Mac
> AutoUpdater somehow not accessible anymore...supposedly NOT
> installed).
>
> In the hopes that this solution could be useful for my situation, too,
> I thought I'd clarify with you what exactly this "combo updater" is
> and where (on the Mac download site you provided a link to) would I
> find it?  I don't find a download by this name.
>
> I imagine there could be a lot of other details that I may provide you
> with in order for you to help me resolve my issue...but, I'll wait to
> answer any specific questions you may ask.
>
> mahalo,
> Robin
>
> On Apr 1, 1:46 pm, Diane Ross <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
>> On 4/1/07 4:36 AM, in article
>> 1175427379.475140.151...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"

>>> Done - applied the combo updater.
>>
>>> It did in fact fix the problem - after a reboot I clicked updates and
>>> it offered to install the udpater and did and now whenever I click it,
>>> it runs.
>>
>> Glad to know your problem is solved. It helps to get feedback to let us know
>> if our advice helps so that we are better able to help others.
>>

>>> Many thanks for you guidance which has solved my problem and given me
>>> heaps or other resources as well.
>>
>> You're welcome!
>>
>> --
>> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
>> Entourage Help Page
>> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
>> <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

Also - please try to maintain the same identity & avoid posting the same
issue multiple times. It not only makes it tough on the responders but also
much more difficult for you to follow replies.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/2/07 2:29 PM, in article
1175538599.234374.255110@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com,
"robin.karen@gmail.com" <robin.karen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>
> So excellent that your guidance helped the above user resolve her
> issues...
>
> "Apple Combo Updater"?
>
> I have the precise problem that this user had (Office for Mac
> AutoUpdater somehow not accessible anymore...supposedly NOT
> installed).
>
> In the hopes that this solution could be useful for my situation, too,
> I thought I'd clarify with you what exactly this "combo updater" is
> and where (on the Mac download site you provided a link to) would I
> find it?  I don't find a download by this name.
>
> I imagine there could be a lot of other details that I may provide you
> with in order for you to help me resolve my issue...but, I'll wait to
> answer any specific questions you may ask.
>
> mahalo,
> Robin
>
> On Apr 1, 1:46 pm, Diane Ross <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
>> On 4/1/07 4:36 AM, in article
>> 1175427379.475140.151...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"

>>> Done - applied the combo updater.
>>
>>> It did in fact fix the problem - after a reboot I clicked updates and
>>> it offered to install the udpater and did and now whenever I click it,
>>> it runs.
>>
>> Glad to know your problem is solved. It helps to get feedback to let us know
>> if our advice helps so that we are better able to help others.
>>

>>> Many thanks for you guidance which has solved my problem and given me
>>> heaps or other resources as well.
>>
>> You're welcome!
>>
>> --
>> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
>> Entourage Help Page
>> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
>> <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

On 4/2/07 9:57 AM, in article
1175533056.533919.236690@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"Robin.Kristy@gmail.com" <Robin.Kristy@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the hopes that this solution could be useful for my situation, too,
> I thought I'd clarify with you what exactly this "combo updater" is
> and where (on the Mac download site you provided a link to) would I
> find it?  I don't find a download by this name.

This link:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>

Provides direct download links for:

Mac OS X 10.4.9 Combo Update (PPC)

Mac OS X 10.4.9 Combo Update (Intel)

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
<http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

0
dross1571 (196)
4/3/2007 2:23:49 AM
On Apr 2, 2:59 pm, CyberTaz <onlygeneralt...@com.cast.net> wrote:
> Also - please try to maintain the same identity & avoid posting the same
> issue multiple times. It not only makes it tough on the responders but also
> much more difficult for you to follow replies.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac

Okay, Bob, thank you for your suggestion/advice.
First time I've posted here, found the group by way of a general
Google search for a resolution to my issue of a missing Microsoft
AutoUpdate for my Office 2004: Mac.

In the future, I'll post brand new posts.  Just seemed like a good
bet, since it was such a recent post, and because it was an almost
identical issue that was resolved for another user, that a simple
clarification could help me.

As for reposting using different identity:  since there doesn't appear
to be a way to use a ficticious email address (much like, say Craig's
list) and I didn't especially like the idea of my primary email
address being readily available to anyone (after translating the wavy
letters!)--I decided to use an email address that is way down on my
hierarchy of addresses.

....I'll post this as a new issue, but:  I just finished downloading
the combo file for my PPC that is running OS X 10.4.9.  The
installation "had errors" and it suggestion I try again, which I did,
again to no avail.

mahalo,
Robin

> On 4/2/07 2:29 PM, in article
> 1175538599.234374.255...@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com,
>
> "robin.ka...@gmail.com" <robin.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Diane,
>
> > So excellent that your guidance helped the above user resolve her
> > issues...
>
> > "Apple Combo Updater"?
>
> > I have the precise problem that this user had (Office for Mac
> > AutoUpdater somehow not accessible anymore...supposedly NOT
> > installed).
>
> > In the hopes that this solution could be useful for my situation, too,
> > I thought I'd clarify with you what exactly this "combo updater" is
> > and where (on the Mac download site you provided a link to) would I
> > find it?  I don't find a download by this name.
>
> > I imagine there could be a lot of other details that I may provide you
> > with in order for you to help me resolve my issue...but, I'll wait to
> > answer any specific questions you may ask.
>
> > mahalo,
> > Robin
>
> > On Apr 1, 1:46 pm, Diane Ross <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
> >> On 4/1/07 4:36 AM, in article
> >> 1175427379.475140.151...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "djaneb"

> >> Glad to know your problem is solved. It helps to get feedback to let us know
> >> if our advice helps so that we are better able to help others.

> >> You're welcome!
>
> >> --
> >> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> >> Entourage Help Page
> >> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> >> One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
> >> <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

On 4/2/07 9:58 PM, in article
1175576292.274251.207520@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"robin.karen@gmail.com" <robin.karen@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for reposting using different identity:  since there doesn't appear
> to be a way to use a ficticious email address (much like, say Craig's
> list) and I didn't especially like the idea of my primary email
> address being readily available to anyone (after translating the wavy
> letters!)--I decided to use an email address that is way down on my
> hierarchy of addresses.

Use the Entourage newsreader instead of  web access and create a fake no
spam address.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/get_started/tip019.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
<http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

0
dross1571 (196)

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

Full screen mode in Word Office doesn't work
Good morning or evening Since I downloaded the new version of MAC OS X Snow Leopard I can't make the "Full screen" mode work for my Word Office files. May be it has nothing to do and I missed that they cancelled the Full screen mode. Does somebody knows? Thanks a lot for your feedback Constance Hi Constance, is the option still there under View>Full Screen? Mind you, full screen mode in Word is very underwhelming at best; it does not hide the other applications, as Pages and many other applications do, but only maximises the screen space occupied by the document window...

New record in second form
I have two forms; Form 1 and Form 2. What I want to know is that is it possible to add a new record in Form 2 through Form 1, i.e. have a command button in Form 1 which when clicked will add a new record to Form 2? Thanks On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKphid...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What do you mean by this? You want to add a new record to Form 2's recordset > or listbox or what? yes i want to add a new record to form 2's recordset On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:05:17 -0700, Asif <asifhashmani@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKp...

Win2k Clients slow to log on after Exchange 2k3 SP2 install
I have a feeling my issue could be the result of the combination of Exchange Server 2003 SP2 install and Windows Server 2003 SP1 install on the same day, but still I'm not sure why this would happen. The server itself still runs as normal - slow, but it's been that way since day 1. The workstations however logged on within a few seconds yesterday, but today they are taking almost a minute, sometimes more. The machines themselves are relatively old, but not too old for the OS. My hub is only 10MBps but again, they were much faster yesterday. I have 8 workstations connected to my ...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Install this critical update from the M$ Corp.
--locfgpwcirpe Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="egwprmslgsvf"; type="multipart/alternative" --egwprmslgsvf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nohzefoge" --nohzefoge Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect yo...

Switch license from Microsoft Office 2003 to MAC OS X?
I have a paid license for Microsoft Office 2003 that I used on my Windows XP Toshiba laptop. Is it possible to change that to MAC OS X or do I need to buy a whole new program? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284554189_116320 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 1/30/08 12:41 AM, in article ee8b4f0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "FUN_LS1@officeformac.com" <FUN_LS1@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have a paid licen...

Exchange 2007 Problem Installing CAS
I am having problems installing the Client Access Server to our Exchange 2007 server. The server currently runs the Mailbox and Hub Transport roles. After I tick the Client Access Server box in setup it does a pre requisite check and passes. It then proceeds to install CAS. It fails part way through this with the error. Read only MultiValluedProperty does not support this operation. The server does show itself as having the CAS role installed in the Exchange Management Console but things like the POP3 and IMAP services are missing. It lets me uninstall CAS with no problems. A bit m...

Need sberet.msi file after installing SP-3.
After downloading SP-3 for Microsoft Office 2002, when installing updates to Xcel a message asking me to insert my MS office Small buisness disc because iy can't find a sberet,msi file. My Dell PC came already loaded wiht the SBE and I have no discs. Word, Powerpoint & Publisher updated fine. Why not Xcel. What do I do now. Don't tell me to call Dell a/c they do not supply discs on older versions. ...

Why has my Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 stopped working all of a
I got on Outlook this morning as usual and it started downloading my messages. One message was 31MB and it was taking forever to download (I'm talking less than 1MB after 10 minutes of downloading slow). I ended Outlook and got on my ISP website to get my messages (the messages are automatically on the ISP site when you login). After I got my messages of that website I re-opened Outlook to start using it again and now it won't do anything. It automatically sends and receives my messages when I open and it was goin through the process and it was saying "Receiving 3 of...

Product Key problems with Microsoft Office 2004
Have installed everything ok, but when I get to stage 4 of the installation process, 'Product Key', after I type the 20 long product key and click 'finish', a message pops up from the top stating 'Please verify the product key you have entered is correct', yet there is nothing for me to click on to confirm that it is correct, other than the 'finish' button at the top. Any help greatly appreciated. Thom Wood I think that probably means it is not correct. My office 2004 has a 25 digit product key. On 5/14/05 5:01 PM, "Woodie127@hotmail.com" wrot...

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

New to CSingleLock
Hi all, I'm having trouble making sense of the documentation for CCriticalSection and CSingleLock. Things I don't understand: 1) Do I need a CSingleLock, or is CCriticalSection enough by itself? 2) Why do both classes have Lock() and Unlock() methods? 3) (Assuming I need CSingleLock...) Do I need to call CSingleLock::Lock() explicitly, or does just creating the CSingleLock object perform the lock? 4) Do I need to call CSingleLock::IsLocked() before entering the "critical" code sections, or will just acquiring the lock cause the necessary wait to happen? 5) Wha...

How do I change office assistant in Excel 2002
How do I change office assistant in Excel 2002 Show the assistant, right click and select 'choose assistant' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Adele" <Adele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A13539-D428-4B9D-8A81-339ECA10BDC4@mi...

FWD: Install these important update
--rhkieagkvokbnxwgz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vendbecnuymre"; type="multipart/alternative" --vendbecnuymre Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zfazayaerdybtg" --zfazayaerdybtg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabi...

Old attachments not opening
Hi, Hope you can help with this. Running Exchange 5.5 with SP4, on NT 4 with SP6a installed. Users can send and receive emails okay and can read any attachments that come in with new emails. But any attachments that are contained with any old emails. All users get 'unable to open attachment' error. Any ideas why that should be happening? It may be related to last week when we ran eseutil /p as the edb.log had been deleted by our AV software. Have since excluded all exchsrvr folders from being scanned. THe Store mounts okay as mentions above all Exchange services start okay, bu...

CRM Installation Error + Other
Hey all, Just some quick questions that I desperately need answering. 1) After installing and uninstalling CRM 3.0, following the uninstallation guide provided form Microsoft, I was attempting to install CRM on my computer once more, only to have the install tell me that Outlook still had CRM in it's registered accounts. It lcearly doesn't list it as being there. Any advice? 2) Anyone know how to set up CRM Server so that I can access it from the CRM client? Thanks to anyone that provides some assistance, Cheers, Chris http://<sernamename>:5555 or http://<serveripadd...

Duplicating an existing database to a new store
We have an existing installation of RMS in 1 store and been using it for a while. We just opened a new store and with RMS, and we want to copy the database of our first store into this new store installation. What files should I copy over to the new machine ? And is it necessary to use the import/export feature, or simply copy the database file ? Thank you, -- GCI You can backup the database of the first machine and then use that .bck file to create your new database on the second machine, then use SOAdministrator to delete the transaction history on the second machine after the dat...

CRM 3.0
I am trying to use the Cases section of the CRM and have a couple of "how do you do it" questions. In general and prior to using the MSCRM, when our customers call for support our receptionist takes the call and sends out a emal to a distribution list which has all our techs in it which they receive on their BlackBerry's. From there, one of them will take the issue. I'd like to use the same process (or a better one if someone wants to recommend something) for the cases section of the CRM it do the same thing. So, How do other people who use the CRM Case section h...

Sending e-mail in office 2003
Hi! Before I upgraded my Office and Outlook to 2003, I was able to send active document using e-mail from Excel, PPT, Word programs. Since the update, I get the following error message: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client. I already have Outlook as the default mail client. Also, I am able to send the e-mail from other programs (like Adobe Acrobat, etc.) but not from any of the Office programs. Any clues? thank you, Prashant. -- Powerpoint is ...

Office 2004 Installation General Question
There is nothing in the Office 2004 package that instructs what to do with the old Office X applications. I was surprised to see that Office 2004 is completely new application installation - and not a modification of base code of the old Office X. What should I do - just delete the old Office X apps? Any danger to this? Thanks Rob In article 5c4a79bf.0405151751.38097dce@posting.google.com, Rotund rob@marqusee.com wrote on 16/5/04 11:51: > There is nothing in the Office 2004 package that instructs what to do > with the old Office X applications. I was surprised to see that > Of...

Excel 2007 Help Files with Office 2003 also installed
When I click the help button, it gives the message "The Setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please review the log files for further information on the error." Next, it shows an installer before it gives the message "There are no help topics available that match your request." I have done an online search and found other users have this same problem, but noone has a solution. Here is one I found: http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/microsoft-office/49899-unable-access-help-office-2007-a.html Thanks in advance for any help ...

New command missing from command list in "Customize"
I had added the news command to the Standard toolbar by accident. When I reset the standard toolbar, the new button disappeared from the bar, however, it is no longer available in the list of commands (for any category) in the "Customize" dialog any more either. How can I get this back or find it?? Any help appreciated. -- Lindsey Correction "News" button/command. "Lindsey" wrote: > I had added the news command to the Standard toolbar by accident. When I > reset the standard toolbar, the new button disappeared from the bar, however, > it is ...

Cannot update Office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After downloading the latest update, I get the message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.3 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I have read the advice provided by a responder to a similar query in July but it has not helped. I cannot launch the Updater as seen in that picture and see the update.dmg anywhere. Can anybody help? Thank you! On 3/12/09 12:27 PM, "Spandoc@officeformac.com" <Spandoc@officeformac.com> wrote: > A...

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....