Next version of Office for Mac

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Does anyone know when Office 2010 for Mac will be ready for the public to buy?
0
codywilliams

> &quot;Justin&quot;  wrote: <br>
> &amp;gt; Which holiday? <br>
> They don't say, but I would assume that it's in December or early January. <br>
> --  <br>
> Diane  <br>

0
codywilliams

Out of Main Office: Outlook vs Outlook Express
Which is better to use if we're out of our HQ office. Outlook Express or Outlook? I'm using ISP pop and SMTP server while the HQ is using their exchange server using leased line, public IP. What about all the features in outlook compare to outlook express. A lot depends on version of Outlook and Exchange and what your connection is, other things to take into account is are you in a branch office or on the road. "tarmizi" <eahmad@time.net.my> wrote in message news:uPEIpwzSDHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Which is better to use if we're out of our HQ office. O...

Uninstall Office Products
For me to work at home at my old job I needed Office 97 Pro. Now I do not need it, but I can't uninstall it without recieving message asking me to insert installation disk 1. Anyone know how I can uninstall without the disks? You can't fully remove every piece of Office without the install CD, unless you kept the install files, which I'm not sure was an option in Excel 97. If you want to remove Office, first delete the program files folder for Office, typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office. Then, you'll probably want to remove some of the Office-related re...

Office 2008: Interface elements vanish if Leopard language is not
I have found a very disappointing bug in Leopard/Office 2008. If your interface language in Leopard is Russian (for example) - you have interface elements vanishing in Office 2008 which makes it unusable. In other words - if I open anything in Word and start to resize the document window - interface elements start to disappear. This happens only if specific languages of Mac OS interface are chosen, like Russian or Polish. However, if you set it to English or French or German - it works glitch-free fine. (What's that, some sophisticated ex-communist bloc ban??) Please suggest. Sup...

Can't use Word to edit email with Office 2003
In my office, a number of users aren't able to use Word as the email editor, as this checkbox is grayed out. However, I am able to. We are all using Office 2003. There is only one difference I can see between my machine and everyone elses. All Office application icons reside in the Microsoft Office folder of the Start menu on my machine. The other machines just have Outlook there, and the the other apps (i.e. Word, Excel PowerPoint) are in the main list of the Start menu programs. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I correct this? Any other suggections welcome. johnny.rygielski@gma...

Upgrading from office '03 student/teacher to office sm. bus. 2007
I'm having trouble with Outlook both before and after the upgrade. My machine is running XP Home edition. I started with the MS Office student/teacher edition. I purchased the small business 2007 upgrade. Outlook is locking up. I was having problems with it before the upgrade, hence the upgrade. Unfortunately I can't find my 2003 disk. I'm afraid if I remove all the office software and start over, the upgrade won't find anything to work from. Upgrading is the last thing you should do if your origonal has a problem. Whilst you can run Office Diagnostics, if you cann...

Want Just Outlook
I have an old, but servicable version of Office (97 I think) - but I want an updated version of Outlook - at least 2003 - can I get just Outlook? And does Microsoft update that for free? See my reply to your above post. --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "ddlba" <ddlba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C6953D35-F8EE-4A87-847D-2BD5F2130367@microsoft.com... >I have an old, but servicable version of Office (97 I think) - but I = want an=20 > updated ver...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

Version 9 slow entering Microsoft GP #2
on V9, SQL database, using terminal server (have tried my local machine not using terminal server, with same results, also same results from our SQL server install of GP) and it takes 2 to 3 minutes to enter Great Plains Most of this time is on the 'Initializing Great Plains' window. The progress bar goes about 25% and sits there for about 2 minutes. I have create SQL Trace using Profiler and there are a lot of line like this: SELECT TOP 25 USERID,CmdParentDictID,CmdParentFormID,CmdParentCmdID,CmdSequence,CmdDictID,CmdFormID,CmdID,DEX_ROW_ID FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.SY07110 WHERE...

Outlook 2007 (trial version) suddenly prompting for pop3 passwords
I have the trial version of Office 2007 Pro which doesn't run out until the end of September. Upon receiving my first reminder I declined to convert to the full version just yet. Since doing so, Outlook keeps prompting me for passwords every time I check for new mail. I've looked in the Account Settiings: the Password field is still populated with asterisks and the Remember Password checkbox is still ticked, but Outlook is ignoring this and prompting me for a password every time. Is this normal behaviour for the trial version after the first reminder or have I suddenly devel...

Office document icons are showing differently than they should
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Not exactly sure how to ask this.. I noticed that say a Word doc is saved either as a .doc or even a .docx, the icon that appears in my folder is just a plain white icon that says .doc or .docx. Where are the colored icons that shoud be represented (i.e. blue for Word, green for Excel, and orange for PowerPoint)? These colored icons appear within the Office applications themselves but not within the File Folders themselves. Is there a way to get Leopard to to use the stock Office Icons within the Folders View? Thanks i...

Out Of Office Assistant
I use Outlook 2007 - Does anyone know if the following Major shortcoming being addressed in Outlook 2010? I find it incredible that with so many versions of office having been released that the Out Of Office Assistant is not directly linked to the appointments in the Calendar and that you can't specify each seperate appointment with its own unique OOOA message and timing scheme. For example, If I have a meeting 10-11pm, I want to be able to configure OOOA for that meeting to come on 5 mins before the meeting starts, and specifiy the message that people will receive while it i...

Office 2004 corupt font issue
Hey folks, this is my first post and a last desperate attempt to get Office 2004 to work properly on my machine. I searched a bit to see if this issue has been addressed but couldn't find anything. First a little background: I have a 1.8ghz [dual processor] G5 running 10.4.3 and I have been running Office X without any issues. I bought Office 2004 Standard edition [upgrade] to keep everything current on my machine. I'm a freelance art director/graphic designer so keeping current usually makes my life easier. Currently I use Font Book as my font manager. This is my work machine, I don...

Outlook Crashes on opening in MS Office 2007 Beta
In downloaded Microsoft OPPLUS 2007 Beta a couple of months ago and everything was running smoothly until last week. All of a sudden Outlook started crashing every time I tried to open it. I got the usual ".....has encountered a problem and needs to close...." message. And of course, it doesn't tell you what is causing the problem...it just shuts down, asks me if I want to open it in safe mode. If I say no, it just repeats the same process. The only way I can open Outlook is to say 'yes' and open it in safe mode...which then loses all my settings. I made no chang...

how to uninstall runtim version.
When I try to uninstall I can't because the original installation file was deleted (I installed from a folder on my desktop). When I unzip the runtime version to my desktop it work saying its not a valid installation package, try to find the install package bac_fe_2.msi from a folder which you can install. Is there a way I can remove the runtime without having the original install file? It doesn't seem right to require the original install file to uninstal. I don't think many people save install files after a few months. ...

Version 10 service packs
I am trying to locate a service pack for V10, I dont see any listed under the V10 option. Am I missing something? Is Service Pack 3 for V10 out yet? I have SP1 installed, but cant even find that on the website to download thanks! -- Doug Doug, I see them on PartnerSource - should be available on CustomerSource also under Support>Service Packs. Latest update is 11/13/08, Service Pack 2. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com You can find the link to all GP 10 service packs on my blog at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/micros...

return next # in sequence
I am creating a list of purchase orders and all of the POs have a prefix. How do I automate the suffix number to be added to the prefix? Thanks, Matthew one way: use Autocorrect to change an unlikely string to your prefix. For example, if your prefix is RPXXL in Autocorrect set qq to change to RPXXL to input po "RPXXL 478831" input "qq 478831" the cell content will change to the po above. >-----Original Message----- >I am creating a list of purchase orders and all of the >POs have a prefix. How do I automate the suffix number to >be added to the pref...

Dual language option for Office 2004?
Probably a crazy request, but I have to support a well known Swedish Mac user who has a Swedish version of Office 2004. Being English I can't understand a word of it even with though it is installed under an English Mac OS/X. Is there an option to switch the menus to English or do I have to buy 2 international versions? Sorry, no. There is no way to switch the menus. On 1/25/06 8:01 AM, "enigmatic" wrote: > Probably a crazy request, but I have to support a well known Swedish > Mac user who has a Swedish version of Office 2004. Being English I > can't understand...

sumif problem Office 2007 and 2008
have a little spreadsheet that is like an invoice. number of hours times certain job at a certain rate... works well except in the bottom i want to have the certain jobs have a total of the hours It works well for all but one =SUMIF(F12:F45,"Rev Hour",E12:E45) It is driving me nuts can anyone help? Rev Hour is in a defined list on sheet. > =SUMIF(F12:F45,"Rev Hour",E12:E45) Your formula is looking for the text value "Rev Hour" in the range F12:F45. What does this mean: >Rev Hour is in a defined list on sheet. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "ni...

Opening previous version files
I have some word documents in "my documents" that were created by word 9.0 I can open them from within my current version (2003) but when I double click on the file from the my documents folder they do not open. Word 2003 starts but the document is blank. Help please. -- Josh http://www.gmayor.com/Document_Not_Found.htm should help fix the registry issues that cause this type of problem -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor...

GP 9.0 SP 2 Smartlist Version
Does anyone know what version of Smartlist goes with 9.0 SP2? I did the SP 2.0 install several times and still my About... screen says: Version Information Microsoft Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0281 Dexterity 9.00.0073.0 Smartlist 9.00.0276 Shouldn't Smartlist be 9.00.0281 as well? How do I make my Smartlist get SP unpgraded as well? Sincerely, Tom Harrison IT Mananger tomh@elklighting.com Tom, Several modules have several version numbers after upgrading to 9.0 SP2. All will not have 9.00....

Office 2007
Hello, Our company has been using OWC components as front end to query SQL Server Analysis Services cubes. As there is no OWC in New 2007 office release I was wondering if it is possible to use full Excell that is customized to look like Pivot Table. We would build web page where excel spreadsheed would be embeded into page and default menus would be removed and just our custom menu would be available. Could you please confirm if this is possible to do? Any suggestions on how to start, what to read? I know that Microsoft wants users to use Excel services instead of owc, but we must (...

Out of Office (Auto Reply)
User's in my company are able to set up the out of office agent. Our company has two mail servers one is Exchange 2003 the other one is IPlanet(Unix). Now, when an Exchange user setup the Out of office agent the auto reply goes to only Exchange users and not the users on the other mail servers. When I look in Message Tracking Center I can see the emails where created and sent out but when the emails make it to the SMTP Store Driver the email never reach the other party on the Iplanet server. PLEASE HELP!!!! Out of Office Replies to the Internet (outside the Exchange organization) ...

Adding Clipart to Office 2004 for Mac Online via Microsoft Clip Art
I am a recent Switcher from PC ==> and am undergoing more than the expected transition pains... I am using Office 2004 for Mac on a Powerbook running Tiger. (All updates for both the OS and Office have been installed). I am attempting to insert clip art from within an Office application (such as Word or Excel). After doing Insert==>Picture==>Clipart, I click on "Online" to get more clips from the Microsoft Clip Art site. When I select a clip to download, and click "Open", the process appears to proceed okay. However, no clip ever appears in the Clip Gallery (I k...

long cell spilling into next cel
I have a cell with about 30,000 characters of html code, I removed the line breaks, but when I save the file, either as xls csv or to tab delimited, then reopen, some of the characters appear in other cells. How can I prevent this? thanks a lot! My Guess is that your HTML has commas in it. If you have a comma anywhere in a cell, it usually puts everything passt that comma into a new cell (for CSV, at least). I am not sure about XLS... Is there a way to split that over multiple cells? 30,000 characters is a LOT of data! Excel may just be having issues with that much HTML. HTH -- Aaron C On ...

Limitations of MSDN version of GP 8.0?
Are there any restrictions on the MSDN version of GP besides the concurrent users and site limitations? Does it restrict the number of vendors or customers or transactons etc? I am implementing a customization project for a client and want to make sure there are no such limitations. It would be such a waste of time if while testing we found that the MSDN version limited the number of transactions. Thanks in advance Suren ...