New version of Office for Mac.

Dear all:

Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the
Macintosh is scheduled to be released ?

An approximate date would be sufficient.

Thank you in advance,

Joseph Chamberlain

Hello Joseph,

Microsoft has given no clear indication other than "late 2007", so we are
all just speculating here.  Those who know when Office 2008 is coming out
are not allowed to tell us.  Those who tell us, don't know.

Personally, I would guess at early 2008 -- but you never know how much
effort Microsoft will put in to catch the pre-Christmas market.

Cheers,

Clive Huggan
MVP Word:Mac
MVPs are not Microsoft employees,
just people who like plumbing the depths of the products
============

On 8/7/07 5:41 PM, in article C2B5E324.96F96%drjchamberlain@gmail.com,
"Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S." <drjchamberlain@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all:
>

> Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the
> Macintosh is scheduled to be released ?
>
> An approximate date would be sufficient.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Joseph Chamberlain

As Clive indicated, when MS has a [fairly] reliable release date an
*official* announcement will be made. Anything prior to that is pure
speculation. If you need to be among the first in line your best bet is to
periodically check the Mactopia web site and subscribe to the Newsletter by
clicking the link at the bottom of the home page.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/8/07 3:41 AM, in article C2B5E324.96F96%drjchamberlain@gmail.com,
"Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S." <drjchamberlain@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all:
>

> Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the
> Macintosh is scheduled to be released ?
>
> An approximate date would be sufficient.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Joseph Chamberlain

Hello Clive and Cyber Taz:

The date you have provided works for me. All I really needed was an
approximate date.

Thank you for your help.

Joseph Chamberlain

On 7/8/07 7:10 AM, in article C2B66881.272C7%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> As Clive indicated, when MS has a [fairly] reliable release date an
> *official* announcement will be made. Anything prior to that is pure
> speculation. If you need to be among the first in line your best bet is to
> periodically check the Mactopia web site and subscribe to the Newsletter by
> clicking the link at the bottom of the home page.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 7/8/07 3:41 AM, in article C2B5E324.96F96%drjchamberlain@gmail.com,
> "Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S." <drjchamberlain@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all:
>>

>> Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the
>> Macintosh is scheduled to be released ?
>>
>> An approximate date would be sufficient.
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Joseph Chamberlain

Hi Dr. Chamberlain,

Microsoft has publicly stated that they expect to ship Office 2008 on or
before December 31, 2007.

Keep in mind that it is an expectation, not a guarantee.

Thanks.

-Jim

Quoting from "Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S." <drjchamberlain@gmail.com>, in
article C2B68C27.9705F%drjchamberlain@gmail.com, on [DATE:

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)
7/10/2007 12:51:42 AM
Jim:

Thank you very much for your help and information.

Joseph Chamberlain

On 7/9/07 5:51 PM, in article
C2B8505E.1EBE8%goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com, "Jim Gordon MVP"
<goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dr. Chamberlain,
>
> Microsoft has publicly stated that they expect to ship Office 2008 on or
> before December 31, 2007.
>
> Keep in mind that it is an expectation, not a guarantee.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jim
>

> Quoting from "Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S." <drjchamberlain@gmail.com>, in
> article C2B68C27.9705F%drjchamberlain@gmail.com, on [DATE:
>
>> Hello Clive and Cyber Taz:
>>

>> The date you have provided works for me. All I really needed was an
>> approximate date.
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> Joseph Chamberlain
>>

>> On 7/8/07 7:10 AM, in article C2B66881.272C7%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
>> "CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> As Clive indicated, when MS has a [fairly] reliable release date an
>>> *official* announcement will be made. Anything prior to that is pure
>>> speculation. If you need to be among the first in line your best bet is to
>>> periodically check the Mactopia web site and subscribe to the Newsletter by
>>> clicking the link at the bottom of the home page.
>>>
>>> Regards |:>)
>>> Bob Jones
>>> [MVP] Office:Mac

Hi all,

How is the new Office 2008 for Mac purported to be improved?

Frank

0
fjs0808 (2)
7/18/2007 9:46:05 AM
Hello Frank,

Those who don't know don't know, and those who do know can't tell you...

But from the odd piece of information here and there, it certainly appears
to have a "new car smell".

Keep an eye on mactopia and Mac Mojo (http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo/)

Cheers,

Clive Huggan
Canberra, Australia
(My time zone is 5-11 hours different from North America and Europe, so my
follow-on responses to those regions can be delayed)

On 18/7/07 7:46 PM, in article C2C3599D.9F8%fjs0808@gmail.com, "Dr. Frank
Stefanec" <fjs0808@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How is the new Office 2008 for Mac purported to be improved?
>
> Frank

What little there is to know can be perused here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo/

This newsgroup (nor any other) is an official source of information for the
developmental end of MS. Most of the people here know nothing more than you
and the few who might are not at liberty to discuss or divulge anything that
has not already been released. The forum has to do with using [and
contending with] the versions previously released, not with guesses about
what may/may not be in the offing.

One of the few "common knowledge" items is that 2008 will be Universal
Binary, so it will run natively on both Intel as well as PPC Macs. That in
itself is the singular major improvement. If you need more on which to
speculate, have a look at Office 2007 on Windows Vista... Your guess is as
good as any as to how similar 2008 will be :)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/18/07 5:46 AM, in article C2C3599D.9F8%fjs0808@gmail.com, "Dr. Frank
Stefanec" <fjs0808@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How is the new Office 2008 for Mac purported to be improved?
>
> Frank

....or we could have gone the snide route with something like:

Question:
<snip>
>> How is the new Office 2008 for Mac purported to be improved?
<snip>

Answer:
"By a devoted & overworked team of software designers on a limited budget."

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Hi Frank:

The other thing that has been publicly released is that it will have the new
XML-based file format.

This should almost entirely cure the "document corruption" problems that
have plagued us for the past ten years.  XML is almost impossible to "break"
:-)

The other benefit of XML is that it requires less than half the disk space
to store the same file, which is very important to corporate users.

For me, Universal Binary and XML files is reason enough to upgrade, if we
get nothing else.  I am already using the PC version, Office 2007, and it is
SUBSTANTIALLY faster and more stable on this MacBook :-)

Other than these publicly-released details you will get from the Microsoft
website, I concur with Clive: "Those who know are not allowed to tell us;
those who tell us, don't know!"

Cheers

On 18/7/07 7:16 PM, in article C2C3599D.9F8%fjs0808@gmail.com, "Dr. Frank
Stefanec" <fjs0808@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How is the new Office 2008 for Mac purported to be improved?
>
> Frank

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

DDE
In the access program (97,2000,XP, 2003) I was using DDE commands for sending data to Excel and creating charts. For the chart I was using Chart.Wizard which is faster than defining property by property the chart values. In 2007 this command is not executed. I don't receive an error but it does not work. Is this command not available in 2007 ? Has it been replaced by sth else ? ...

Installation of Office on Netbook
I recently got a Netbook, and I have MS Office Home and Student 2007. My netbook only has 1.25 GB of ram. I was wondering if there is anyway to at least download MS Word & Powerpoint? It says I have 3 licensed and I've used one on my main PC. When I downloaded it to my netbook, then tried to install it, it said that it failed to install. I thought it may have to do with the ram. My hard drive has lots of space on it. I'd like to be able to use at least MS Word to do Resumes on my netbook. Any help is appreciated. Thank-you You have got plenty of RAM to run Office...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

New Workbook When Opening Excel
Hi, Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like it to open with a new workbook ready to go, no Getting Started, but can't figure out how. Thanks. Marti Check to see if you have a workbook in your XLStart folder. If you do, move it (or delete it??) Marti wrote: > > Hi, > > Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with > grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like > it to open with a n...

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr� Labuschagn�" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Out of Office Assisatnt Forwarding
I'm having a weird issue. I've turne don out of office assistant and set it uo to forward to email to an outside email address so I can get email. Unfortuantely its not forwarding the email. Why is this? Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps a lot when answering these questions. Did you set up an OOF in Outlook - which simply auto-replies to senders about your out of office status - or setup up forwarding in AD Users & Comuters | recipient properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options? (You would need to create a Contact for the external address to...

new threads.....
It is wierd and I would rather I didn't but for some bizarre reason reply group is not working Fix your application, Danny. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eY0ykmYiFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > It is wierd and I would rather I didn't but for some bizarre reason reply > group is not working > > ...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

Excel97--Each workbook opens new application
Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? Jim Tools>Options>General. Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:27:39 -0800, "JimL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. >How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? ...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Bypass New Presentation Task Pane
Our issue is with File > New in PowerPoint. The New Presentation task pane is confusing to end users. Has anyone implemented a solution that bypasses the New Presentation task pane and displays the PowerPoint templates? Thanks, Joe -- Manager IT Quality Assurance The Segal Company ...

different versions in visio ole-object?
hello i have some problems printing a word document which includes some visio drawingns. In word i can see the visio object like i edited it but when printing the word-document, a completly old version of the visio object is printed out. The printed object is older that 2 weeks. I tryed printing the document from other PC without changes. I tryed copying the ole-object into an other word dokument (copy/paste) without changes. Printing the document from wordpad works great .... I also opened the visio object (doublecklick in word) and edited the object, saved the file and exited back to wo...

[ANN] Altsoft releases Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta
Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta September 15, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces the beta release of the new version 2.0 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The main new features of Xml2PDF engine are: improved XSL-FO 1.0 recommendation and 1.1 draft support; complete SVG support; support for XHTML as an input format; complete CSS support in SVG and XHTML; improved client UI; Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-based formats to PDF. It supports XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, XML+XSLT as an input and generates PDF as an output. Free evaluation...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Dynamics GP version 11
Where can I find information about changes/new modules for GP version 11? I can't seem to find anything on Partner Source. Specifically, I'd like to know if they are going to offer "e-statements" for payroll direct deposits-instead of having to print them, can we e-mail them. Thanks. Tracey D We are still under NDA, so no new functionality can be disclosed beyond what you saw in Convergence 2009. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dyn...