When is a new Office due out?

Frank

0
fjs0808 (2)

In article <C2BCBAF3.93E%fjs0808@gmail.com>, Dr. Frank Stefanec
<fjs0808@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When is a new Office due out?

Microsoft Mac Business Unit has publicly said things like "end of 2007"

Have a look at the blogs at
http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo
and form your own opinion.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810  E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

Entourage / Office 2007 / VBA
Hello Early Adopters... I was recently considering switching from Apple Mail to Entourage. The reason was that with VBA every kind of thinkable customization is possible. I use VBA in Excel extensively, and my goal was to automate mailing procedures. Then I found out that Entourage is not a VBA application.... (!) Further, I read some where that Office 2007 for Mac will have less support for VBA than Office 2004. Is there anything to this? What have people heard on this? I mean, it seems to me that if MS Office doesn't support VBA, we might as well just use Open Office. Better for ...

Access 97 and Office 2000
I have a customized accounting program developed in Access 97. I cannot seem to upgrade it to Access 2000 successfully. I would therefore like to continue using Access 97 but would like to upgrade to other Office 2000 products like word 2000 and outlook 2000. Can this be done. Thanks. Hi Pennie, This shouldn't be a problem. Basically, be sure to install Office 97 first and then install the parts of Office 2000 you need. In fact you can have more than one version of Access installed at a time: see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241141 (2000 and 97) http:/...

Problems with the new Deluxe Fund Screener
I recently upgraded my Deluxe Fund Screener to Verson 15.0.0.513 (recently required). Previously, the Deluxe Fund Screener retrieved the 100 best matches for the criteria chosen and displayed it in the Results Pane. In addition, it retrieved the same columns of information for additional symbols added to the Comparison Pane. After the upgrade, the only symbols in the Comparison Pane that contain data are symbols that already appear in the Results Pane ( so now there is nothing to compare). I am using Money 2002, but I dont see how that would affect this since I am adding the Symbols...

Maintaining Formula after adding a new row
I have a formula that adds data in a column. =SUM(A5:A10). The proble is that every time I copy a new row and insert it at row 5, my formul changes to =SUM(*A6*:A10). I just want it to stay the same. I'v tried using an absolute value $A$5, but it still changes when a new ro is added. I've tried using a named reference as well as locking, but m merged cells caused some problems with the lock -- shaugh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shaught's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3080 View this thread: ...

CRM SBE Migration to New Domain and Hardware
Hi Folks, This issue has been talked about in a number of threads but our scenario has not been addressed directly. We are presently running CRM 3.0 SBE on a SBS 2003 Premium installation running SQL 2000. Because of a number of issues not related to the CRM implementation, we have decided to create a new clean domain on new hardware (not migrating AD) and will be installing SBS2003R2 with SQL 2005. We want to migrate all of our CRM data and customizations to the new domain/database/installation. Does anyone know how we can best complete the migration and what steps from a high lev...

Moving Public folders from 2000 server to new 2003 exchange server
Hello there: I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to move the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange server. I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new exchange server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders, calendar etc. Can you please give me some insite. Rebecca Go to the properties of the public folder in Exchange System manager and use the replication tab to add the new server in. You can do it as a two step process - add new in then wait for replication to occur and then...

Out of office and Spam
Is there anyway to prevent the out of office reply going to spam senders, for example setting a rule that does not send an out of office if the email has been marked as spam by another product and therefore has {SPAM} in the subject? Thanks, Gavin No, therefore replying to the Internet is disabled by default on the Exchange server. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks i...

Office 2000 Professional
I have used the template wizard to set up templates in Excel 2000 to automatically store data in an Access 2000 database. Works on at all workstations except one. This machine has Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 Professional loaded and running. Can open the template files ok but when I attempt to save by using "File" then "Save as" the message I receive is: Banner = Template Wizard, Message is: Cannot open Database File. I have copied the database file directly to the workstation to it's hard drive and have tried to create a template using template w...

How To Move Office to New Computer
I've read through several postings on this topic and am quite confused, plus maybe my situation is a little different, so here goes... When I purchased Office for Mac 2004 it came with 3 license codes. We installed Office on my son's Macbook, on my desktop and on my daughter's iBook, using all three of the codes. Her iBook has pretty much died (loose power adapter connector issue - can't be run reliably for any length of time) and she has a new Macbook. She declined to use Migration Assistant, preferring instead to start from scratch, but we would now like to install Office. ...

puttin money 2004 on a new pc
i bought money 2004 onlline and installed from a download, i want to put the program on my new pc but seem to have inadvertantly deleted the file. i have no disc to install from and the tech support at microsoft is just giving me the runaround. does anyone know where i can get the install file? -- becca becca wrote: > i bought money 2004 onlline and installed from a download, i want to put the > program on my new pc but seem to have inadvertantly deleted the file. i > have no disc to install from and the tech support at microsoft is just giving > me the runaround. d...

Distribution group out of office reply
Hi all, Is there any way to configure an out of office reply using a distribution group? I have a generic email address i.e. info@ that distributes to several key staff. My client now wishes to have an auto reply saying the usual ... you are important to us etc. message. Thanks in advance for any help offered. Mike K On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 02:26:40 -0700, Mike K <MikeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is there any way to configure an out of office reply using a distribution >group? I have a generic email address i.e. info@ that distributes to several &g...

upload new supplier from store to HQ?
Can store be able to add supplier for the store and then upload to HQ? Thanks for any help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02D3_01C6A0FF.0D784BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable QN, Not using the standard RMS, maybe someone has a add-on to do it. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outloo...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

MS Office X serial number
I had some problems with my iBook (10.2.4), and decided to wipe it clean and reinstall everything, but when I reinstalled Office, I accidentally put in a serial number from the "wrong" copy (I have two copies of Office). I want to put in the "correct" serial number---but when I deleted Office and tried to reinstall, it won't ask for the serial number. The "wrong" serial number is lurking somewhere and being picked up after the reinstall. How can I reinstall and get it to ask for the serial number again?? Thanks... Cindy In article <cfb18bbc.0404271133....

can no longer open office applications
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) In the middle of an automatic update (11.5.5, I think), I selected to stop the install as it was having problems loading. When I went to open a document necessary for work today, I found I could no longer open word, excel, or powerpoint. Office 2004 is still listed as a folder in my applications folder. I attemtped to automatically install the update from the microsoft site, but it states that I do not have the system requirements necessary for that update. Is there anything that can be done to get Office working again on my computer? ...

New Messages Do Not Appear Until I Click On Outlook
All my settings for send and receive work fine... the problem is that Outlook is "stuck" not updating until I actively click on a random email. Then all the new messages suddenly appear. What this means is that I have no notification of new emails appearing. I have to periodically look at Outlook and click on a random email message. I'm on Windows XP Professional using Outlook 2002, and connecting to an Exchange server. It's an odd problem, and this isn't the first time I've run onto it. I saw it before on a different computer running Outlook XP on Win...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

1.2 to 3.0 Upgrade with new Server
Can we put 3.0 on a new box (upgrading the data from the SQL box) directly w/o upgrading the old box to CRM 3.0 first? A little confused about what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to install the code on a new server, but have it "use an existing" 1.2 database and upgrade it in the process. My first thought is that this will not work. It might, but I don't think it will. If this is what you are trying, then you could do the following: - install v1.2 on the new server and "use the existing" databases - Instal v3 on the new server as a upgrade. However...

Win98 SE, Office 2000: ODBC from Excel behaves strangely on one computer
Hi When I create an ODBC query from another Excel workbook, using query wizard, then usually after I select the workbook as data source, in wizard's next window all available tables (defined non-dynamic named ranges in this workbook) are displayed, ans I'm asked to select columns. The source workbook remains closed. Now in one single computer, after I select the workbook as data source, this workbook is opened and recalculated automatically, and only after that the wizard continues with next window. And when I open some workbook, containing such ODBC query, or when I try to refresh s...

MS exploere question:open link in new window
is there a quick way to do "openin link in new window"? other than right click and select open in new window? is there something like "control and left click"? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

Add new credit card
It continuously amazes me how what should be extremely simple tasks to do are incredibly difficult with useless help information. I want to set up a new account with my Capitol One credit card. How do I accomplish this so that it downloads my transactions rather than me having to manually enter them? Select accounts, then add a new account, select Credit for the type when prompted. Enter the information about the account. Once the account has been created, select Accounts, then Manage Online Services. Select the "setup online services" link next to the account you just se...

microsoft office install
Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac before "uninstallinng" the "test drive" version first. Do I have to uninstall both versions (and reinstall the purchased version) or just the "test drive" (does that leave the purchased version operating?). If I have to reinstall the student/teacher edition, (which is good for 3 installs) is one of those now wasted? Or can I do numerous installs on the same computer without penalty? zeb wrote: > Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac > before "uninstallinng&...

"No more new fonts may be applied in workbook"
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets and charts. However, I am receiving the error message "No more new fonts may be applied..." when I am cutting and pasting data into my "datasource" worksheets (the data that feeds the charts on the other worksheets). I'm not adding anything to the worksheet - it's just an updated version of the data. Do I need to remove the chart formatting so I no longer receive this message? Thanks, ...