New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user

Hi
I've just loaded the program; am in the process of
switching over my old word processing.
1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments
2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text.
This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in
some of my friends.
Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong.
My question is: what am I screwing up?

thanks

DM
0
anonymous (74722)

In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I've just loaded the program; am in the process of
> switching over my old word processing.
> 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments

1) Make sure you append a .doc extension - WinWord doesn't require it,
but your friends may not know how to make the file associations.

2) if you're emailing the messages, make sure you're using MIME/Base64
or AppleDouble as your encoding method.

3) Some mail servers, especially Windows servers, seem to munge
attachments. If the first 2 suggestions don't help, try compressing the
file using DropZip.

> 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text.
> This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in
> some of my friends.
> Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong.
> My question is: what am I screwing up?

I can 't replicate this, at least between Word documents, or between
Word and an Entourage or MT-NewsWatcher message. Perhaps you could give
a few more details...
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...

Powershell and Microsoft Clustering.
Are there any cmdlets that allow me to gather info about clusters? Is there a snap-in or is it available in powershell 2? Thanks In Windows Server 2008 R2 the clustering can be managed entirely from PowerShell. See http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/archive/2008/12/20/9243367.aspx for more on Failover Clustering, and http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/archive/2008/12/26/9253786.aspx for details on NLB clustering. In both cases, once the Role is loaded, additional modules are available. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Jacob Sampson" <Jaco...

OWA user can only see subject
Hello friends, OWA users are unable to see their mail. Only Subject field is visible, without mail contents(No message is visible). Our outlook is working fine. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can solve this. Regards Guri ...

How to export users list from MS-Exchange AD Users&Computers?
Hello, I want to export my exchange mailbox-enabled users list with their Given Name+Surname and e-mail address.. I get this kind of list from ActiveDirectory Users&Computers but I can not export it.. I know that there is a program somewhere that does what I want, but I can't remember it's name.. Note: I don't mean LDIFDE tools.. Thanks for your help. Capricorn As always...be careful and test things in a lab first, please. LDIFDE tools can be pretty ugly... CSVDE will work and it is possible to limit the columns that are output by CSVDE. Note: If you have a large ...

Software and Database Shapes for Microsoft Visio
For those that may have missed them A set of Microsoft Visio stencils containing shapes for creating Express-G, ORM, Jackson, and ROOM notation diagrams. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6297cf81-c071-4bea-bd9d-fde692536e5a al ...

Out of Office problem #4
We are working on Exchange 2K with SP3 installed. All PC's have either Outlook 2002 or 2003. For some reason, one user's Out of Office doesn't send out Out of Office replies. To save time, I've checked that: -other users are able to use OOF successfully -Exchange allows OOF replies -the user in question doesn't have other rules set up in Outlook -after turning OOF off and on again for this user doesn't work -logged in as this user on another machine with a different version of Outlook and had the same problem -logged in as this user in Outlook Web Access and still had t...

Adding user / deployment manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C59850.B067B780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone help with this error I'm getting, so far installed software = on server and then get this The server localhost is not responding. this might happen if it is = currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not = have specific privileges to run user manager. for more information = contact your system administrator. Never used this package before and want to give it a t...