New File feature in Microsoft Document Connection

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm able to click the New File feature in the MS Document Connection and it launches Word since that is the default doucment type for the document library in our sharepoint site.  Once I create the document how do I actually get it to save back into Sharepoint without having to save it locally then Upload or add the File.
0
jeng

Document Recovery
I just deleted an excel file without saving it (ever). Is there any way to find it on my computer? How can you delete it if you never saved it? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "TJB" <TJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A46FC3FA-E8AA-46AB-AF0E-2260F094AC22@microsoft.com... >I just deleted an excel file without saving it (ever). Is there any way to > find it on my computer? Got you, you mean you closed a workbook without ever saving it, no there is ...

Moving files Outlook 2003
I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does anyone know how to accomplish this move? Wayne <was2480@msn.com> wrote: > I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does > anyone know how to accomplish this move? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm tells the files. The easiest is to simply copy your PST to the new PC, put it in some folder, giving it a name that doesn't match any other PST, make sure it's not read-only, and use Outlook's File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

how to extact a compressed file
I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help Winnie Hello Winnie Winnie wrote: > I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help is this a Word problem? Have you inserted ZIP files as objects in word, for instance? If not, better ask in a forum/newsgroup for your ZIP application or your operating system HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | http://www.masteringword.eu/ ...

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s
Hello again, My problem now is when I open an old excel sheet with data on it and try to paste that info on a new sheet I get wrong information. example: I'm trying to copy dates from an excel sheet I have. The dates are for the year 2004. When I copy the data and paste it on a new sheet the dates I now see are 2000. I'm puzzled. What I find wierd is when I have clipboard open the information shows the correct dates but when it's actually pasted on the sheet it shows as 2000. I'm using Excel 2003, but I get the same thing when using excel 2002(xp) Thanks for your help,...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Knowledge Base Document 862303
In an earlier post dated 9 December, I asked about resolving a register that has "server failure 111 while attempting to create a journal entry." A reply posted referred to this link. I've not yet received my log on info to access the PartnerSource (my application to become an RMS partner was fax'ed a few weeks ago). Any chance someone could send me this document as an attachment? https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;862303 Thanks, Rick rbiservices@comcast.net ...

trouble openning file
I am drawing a blank again regarding the correct way to read files. Here is the pertinent section of code I am troubled by: CString JobFile="C:\\temp\\1.dat"; CFile in; CByteArray buffer; if(!in.Open(JobFile, CFile::modeRead)){ AfxMessageBox("Error opening file"); return; } buffer.SetSize(in.GetFileSize()); if(in.Read(buffer.GetData(), buffer.GetSize()) != buffer.GetSize()){ AfxMessageBox("Error reading file"); return; } in.Close(); When I compile I get the following error: error C2039: 'GetFileSize' : is not a member ...

GDI+ mfc save Bitmap to File Stream
Hi, I am using GDI+ in mfc. I have a file pointer declared as File *fpOut; This file pointer is also used for writing to other text data to the file. I am not sure how to save an image to this file stream. When Bitmap.Save function to save to stream the first parameter is of type IStream and not FILE. Any suggestions on what can be done? Thanks, -Asfar ...

Month display in Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar
When using Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar in Month view, Saturday and Sunday are combined as one square (yes, they do have the date numbers and a line between them). This may be convenient for people using Outlook only for business purposes, but if someone were to have a job that involved weekends, or was not using Outlook for business purposes at all (which is my case), this could be extremely annoying. I would like to know if there is a way to display the Month view as the standard Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right, with Monday through Friday in between. I want all d...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

New Email addresses
I am looking for a way to change all of my users email addresses to use one standard naming convention. Currently we have a wide mix of formats. I would like to settle on firstname.lastname@domain.com Is there a tool or utility that I can use to force a change and make the new ones the default address as well as keeping the original address. thanks LDIFDE will do this. You could also add the new address to your recipient policy and force it to run, but that might have side effects you don't like. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

Stick with Novell or move to Microsoft?
My school district has been using Novell products from some time. We have 4 Netware 6.5 file servers, Bordermanager with integrate content filter (BESS), and Groupwise 7. We have about 1300 workstations on campus, about 3/4 Windows based and 1/4 Mac. For a variety of reasons, over the next 2 months we will be assessing whether we stay with Novell products or migrate to Microsoft products for our back office needs. A few of the reasons for us even to contemplate this move: 1. We are in the midst of wireless network install and would like to use 802.1x authentication on the wireless side. The o...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Max limit in resource.h file of VC++
Hi, We specify the next step number for the resources, commands and control by the following. _APS_NEXT_RESOURCE_VALUE _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE _APS_NEXT_CONTROL_VALUE Do we have any way to restrict the numbers or specify the max limit. eg. I want my resource to have command values from 1 to 100. So #define _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE 1 // Next command number Can I specify somewhere in the resource.h file saying 100 is the max if it goes beyond 100, throw an error? Thanks, Prashant. ...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

how do i set up a "send as attachment" shortcut in in a document
I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would enable the viewer to enter data, click on the button, and then have the document sent to an assigned email address as an attachment. Check out Ron's articles on working with worksheets/workbooks in email: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268022.aspx -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "SB47MASS" wrote: > I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would > enable the viewe...