My word and entourage vanished

Hello
I have a big issue I have turned off (shutdown) my Macbook Pro and
after few hours when i turned on I did not find any emails on my
Entourage, even the email accounts have vanished.
On the top of this the Word completely vanished, I had to do a fresh
installation.
Did somebody has any idea what is going on.
I have office for Mac 2004.

It sounds to me as though when you powered back up again, you logged in to
the wrong user account.

On 12/10/07 12:54 AM, in article
1192114472.208849.180370@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"angheljuliangood@gmail.com" <angheljuliangood@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
I have a big issue I have turned off (shutdown) my Macbook Pro and
after few hours when i turned on I did not find any emails on my
Entourage, even the email accounts have vanished.
On the top of this the Word completely vanished, I had to do a fresh
installation.
Did somebody has any idea what is going on.
I have office for Mac 2004.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
10/14/2007 1:57:42 AM
On my book I have only one account the Admin.
I was thinking about this , but I can not see how.
Thanks.

Link 'Excel Object in Word' to Excel
I have a Word document which contains several embedded Excel objects which is sent to 600 clients. The clients complete the data collection in the word document and send back. We have a Excel worksheet for each client that uses the data in the embedded Excel objects. Is there a way to "link" or transfer the data in the 'Excel Object in Word' to the appropriate cells in the Excel worksheet? Because each Word document is customized for each client using Mail Merge and an Access database, and because there is much verbage and many sections in the document sen...

Finding words
Hi. I'm looking for a fonction or a macro to know if, in a reaserch, the excel found or if he didn't find what a asked (I use function find at text category to find words). Exemple: If he found at least 1 element, he returns 1. If he found nothing, he returns 0. Can you help me? thanks -- laurag ------------------------------------------------------------------------ laurag's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493325 Maybe you can use =countif() If you're lo...

Pasting from MS Word
I want to paste a page from MS Word (2003) into an email. The page includes borders, shadings and wingdings. However, when I go to paste it into the email I get the message "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page or 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls." When I press either OK or X the page is pasted into the email and looks OK. However, when sending it to myself all the presentation is lost. The same page was pasted into emails without t...

How can I make my Word index case-insensitive
How can I get my index to group, 'gold', 'Gold' and 'GOLD' under the same index heading Format the index entries accordingly. That is, even though you have selected GOLD to index, make sure the XE field says "gold." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Kevin Lobo" <Kevin Lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A4B3560-17E0-4B51-9042-6C0176FB18FD@microsoft.com... > How can I get my index to group, 'gold', 'Gold' and 'GOLD...

[ANN] Switch from Apple Mail to Entourage
Are you using Apple Mail, but want to make the switch to Microsoft Entourage? Confused over the differences and how to get started? See Switch from Apple Mail to Entourage to answer your questions and get you started. This article focuses on Mail 3 (part of Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard") and Entourage 2008. Most statements made in this article are true for Mail 2 and Entourage 2004, but some newer features are only available in the latest versions of both applications. Part 1: How to move your mail and contacts Options and preferences in Mail and Entourage Part 2: Frequently Aske...

Word as e-mail editor #2
We've recently migrated 220+ users in a 900+ user domain from Outlook 97/NT 4.0 to Outlook 2002/Win XP. All of our XP users (we're still running in a mixed environment) are complaining of lockups and general slowness in Outlook since upgrading. We did set a GPO setting to turn on Word as the E-mail editor. What are the thoughts about this contributing to our problems? Even in Outlook 97 we experienced issues with winword.exe becoming over run between both Word and Outlook and Microsoft has documented these issues. But now we're wondering if this isn't contributing...

Not enough memory or disk space to run Word
Help! I can't seem to find a resolution to this problem! I have Office 2001 for Macintosh. It's worked great for a few years now. All of a sudden I get the message "Not enough memory or disk space to run Word" when I try to open a word document or enter Word. There is plenty of memory available. I've tried making space and reinstalling my software. Can anyone help me???? Need help in Wisconsin! Thanks! Run through the troubleshooting suggestions here--they fix a large percentage of problems: http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootWord2001.htm On 9/14/04 2:09...

Word and Excel
When I scan a document and save it in Word and try to email it comes up saying excel and can not email it ...

Translating a document in word xp
i'm having some provblems translating a document in english to portuguese?is it possible with word xp? Duarte Bruges wrote: > i'm having some provblems translating a document in english to > portuguese?is it possible with word xp? You appear to be needing an urgent trip to the optician - please, put on your glasses and have another look at the topic of this group. See 'Word' mentioned anywhere there - No? Then I suggest you repost in the correct place. -- Perdita X. Dream Please help us to help you http://groups.google.com http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www....

starting Word with an Excel macro
I found this piece of code that opens Word from within an Excel macro Private Sub Open_word_run_build_directory() Dim oWord As Object Dim oDoc As Object Dim wpath As String wpath = ActiveWorkbook.Path Set oWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") oWord.Visible = True Set oDoc = oWord.Documents.Open(wpath & "\build directory V6.doc") End Sub The Word doc ‘build directory V6.doc’ has a VBA macro in an AutoOpen subroutine that executes when it opens. Everything works fine except Excel closes after executing the above routine. ...

word, excel
hello, I�d like to ask you I think 1 very trivial question ..... and it�s how to add in function: file -> send -> send by mail as an enclosure ??? martin Just record as a macro, not in a function. Use: Tools|Macro|Record macro. Then send the file as a attachment as you usually do. Stop the recording. Add a button to you sheet and link it to the macro. regards, Arien ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

e-mail Word documents and not have columns,etc. change
I'm using MS Word and Outlook Express (Windows XP, Home). I create a newsletter page to e-mail to church that is then published there and also create a webpage that I e-mail to the website administrator, who then enters it onto our site. I don't know much about computers and programs, but am able to e-mail the attachments so that my fonts, colors, pictures, etc. are OK. But the page that they receive doesn't look like the document that I created. No columns, centering, etc. Just horizontal lines on the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. This newsgrou...

Can't make changes to my word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've formatted a new calendar on to a word document using text boxes and text and now when I go back into the document, and will not allow me to make any changes -I can't add or cut or copy any text. It was fine while I was creating it, then after saving it as a doc.x it won't let me alter it. Sorry, not enough information to answer. It sounds as though you may have placed some invisible object in front of those text boxes, preventing you clicking in them. On 7/04/10 6:25 AM, in article 59bb694...

Excel worksheet cut off when pasting into Word or Powerpoint
Have noted that the last column or two in any excel worksheet gets cut off when "inserting" into either Word or Powerpoint. Have tried capturing additional blank cells around the perimeter but to no avail. Once the worksheet has been inserted, it can be double clicked and edited but the bounding box around the image cannot be resized to allow all the columns to be exposed. You can use the "excel" scroll bar in the excel window to move the chart left and right but upon clicking off, the chart is still cut off. Is there a way to get the entire image instead of j...

emailing from word, cover letter

If word from list selected adjoining cell to downfill with a code
If a word is selected from a drop-down list, is there a formula I can use to colour code the adjoining cell? Use conditional formatting http://www.contextures.com/xlcondformat02.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Mon" wrote: > If a word is selected from a drop-down list, is there a formula I can use to > colour code the adjoining cell? ...

Entourage Notifications not appearing
When I first installed Office 2004 (over a year ago) arriving email would announce itself in the corner of the screen as it was being dl'd into Entourage. That behavior stopped some time ago and I wonder if it was because of an OS-X upgrade or an MS Update - - or for some other reason. [Preferences:Notification is set to 'Display an alert on my desktop' and 'Display Message Subject and Preview'] OS-10.4.11 and Entourage 11.3.6 on PB 15" Aluminum. Thanks for any help! ~~ David G. On 12/8/07 9:33 PM, in article C380CC36.1468F%David@Gorrell.com, "DK Gorrell&qu...

Word 2007 - header/footer
How do i enter the pathname in the header/footer of a document? Thx, -- TN ...

creating letterhead in word
I am trying to create a basic custom template for others in my company to use. I've created our letterhead in InDesign CS and am trying to place it as a high res graphic in the background of a blank template. I think I've figured out everything but the high res part. My graphic is high res but the preview in word and the printed document are both pixelated. How can I avoid this look? Thanks, Michele ...

Font size in Entourage
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Can i change the font size in Entourage? My poor eyes need help On 2/5/10 11:12 AM, in article 59bb2527.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "dunruh@officeformac.com" <dunruh@officeformac.com> wrote: > Can i change the font size in Entourage? My poor eyes need help Under Entourage in the Menu bar select Preferences. Select Fonts and set the size you want. Fonts can be set for plain text and HTML. The settings for plain text only affect what YOU see and not what the sender receives. The receiver will s...

Where are floating menu preferences stored for Word OSX?
In older versions of Word the content and position of various tear-off menus was stored in normal (or normal.dot, in Windows). The Normal file in OSX contains things like default document settings and stylesheets, but does not seem to include general Word settings like these menu tear-offs. Does anyone know where they are? I recently lost my set-up, and would like to back up the settings to prevent them from getting lost again in the future... I have been backing up Normal, but I see now that it doesn't contain all the information I needed! Thanks. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan ...

Moving a chart form Excel 2003 to Word 2003?
I anyone help move a chart from Excel 2003 to Word 2003. The only way I know is to press print-screen, copy in paint, crop, copy and paste in Word. Please let me know. Thank you! Hi, Select the chart and then whilst holding the shift key use the menu Edit. A new option Copy Picture should be available. Use this to copy the chart and then go to word and paste. Cheers Andy Amarjeet wrote: > I anyone help move a chart from Excel 2003 to Word 2003. The only way I know > is to press print-screen, copy in paint, crop, copy and paste in Word. Please > let me know. Thank you! -- ...

"The disk is full trying to write to drive" in Word 2008

Creating a Word Mail-Merge doc from Excel
Hi - I have an Excel 2003 workbook, and from within it (using VB), I would like to create a new Word doc, make it a Mail-Merge doc (for labels) using the data in my spreadsheet, format the labels, etc. I have been able to pull the data from an Access database, do the manipulation I need to make it look right, and now I need to mail-merge it out. For a whole bunch of reasons, I can't do the whole thing in Access. I seem to be getting close, but I can't make the various code snippets I've found play nicely together. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Thank...

Entourage Crashes Continually
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have upgraded to 1222.2.4database daemon fatal error <br><br> I had an email I could not delete which is when the trouble seemed to start. At first email would only show up partially in inbox and now it crashes when I open app. I found a similar post and rebuilding seems to have solved it. <br><br>Thank You ...