My Office application cannot start because Office is already in use...?

Upon opening all of my microsoft word and powerpoint documents (but not
excell for some reason) I recieve a message that informs me that "an
office program is being used by ... Your installation exceeds the
number of installations permitted by the license agreement." Clicking
out of this message shuts down the document. My confussion stems from
the fact that I have not reinstalled or altered my program in any way.
The only change in my computer, when I began recieving this message,
was that I was connnected to the internet (which I usually am not).

Why could this be happening???

0
nolmon28 (1)

<nolmon28@evergreen.edu> wrote:

> Upon opening all of my microsoft word and powerpoint documents (but not
> excell for some reason) I recieve a message that informs me that "an
> office program is being used by ... Your installation exceeds the
> number of installations permitted by the license agreement." Clicking
> out of this message shuts down the document. My confussion stems from
> the fact that I have not reinstalled or altered my program in any way.
> The only change in my computer, when I began recieving this message,
> was that I was connnected to the internet (which I usually am not).
>
> Why could this be happening???

Another computer on the local network is using Office with the same
serial number. That's usually what triggers this warning. Connection to
the Internet itself is not really the issue usually,

Corentin

--
      --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Using scanner in Word97

Office 2007 forms

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...