My licens is allready in use, by my self....?????

My office 2004, mostly entourage because I start that first in the =
morning,=20
often starts with the message, that it is allready in use by "My Name", =
but=20
the one who is using it is my self. There is no way that any one is =
using my=20
licens, i bought it because I had the problem in office 2003. It can do =
it=20
several time a day, but no pattern that I can detect. So if im using it, =
is there=20
maby something on the mac, that is started twice, and there for =
conflicting?

Hope someone has dealed with the problem before, because im on the egde=20
of launching 25 new mac's with office 2004.

JS
Sysem Manager
Denmark
0
jepper1 (1)

On 2004-06-02 02:17:57 -0400, "JS" <jepper@NOSPAM.datagraf.dk> said:

> My office 2004, mostly entourage because I start that first in the =
> morning,=20
> often starts with the message, that it is allready in use by "My Name", =
> but=20
> the one who is using it is my self. There is no way that any one is =
> using my=20
> licens, i bought it because I had the problem in office 2003. It can do =
> it=20
> several time a day, but no pattern that I can detect. So if im using it, =
> is there=20
> maby something on the mac, that is started twice, and there for =
> conflicting?
>
> Hope someone has dealed with the problem before, because im on the egde=20
> of launching 25 new mac's with office 2004.
>
> JS
> Sysem Manager
> Denmark

I am also having this problem.  The only office app I have been using
is entourage.  Entourage seems to start fine when I turn on the
machine, but at seemingly random times I get the message:

"Microsoft Office 2004 cannot start because Microsoft Office is already
in use.  An office program is being used by (my name).  Your
installation exceeds the number of installations permitted by the
license agreement.  Yada yada yada..."    When I click "ok" entourage
closes and I must restart.

I only have office 2004 installed on this machine.  I have the 3
license student/teacher edition, but I have yet to install it on any
other machine.  So this must be a bug.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  In case it's needed, I'm running os X 10.3.4, on a dual
2.0 ghz G5.  I previously had office X installed and the office 2004
test drive, which I uninstalled as per the directions before I
installed office 2004.  TIA for any help at all with this.

dh

0
dcmanuele (1)

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Outbound email blocked as SPAM when using the CRM4.0 router
I am using CRM 4.0 and noticed outbound email is blocked as SPAM when sent through the CRM router. The same email sent through Outlook is not blocked. I looked at the header of both outbound messages and noticed the CRM router email header is slightly different than what goes out through Outlook. I'm guessing it is the way the router relays the email. I have the router running on our Exchange 2007 server. I really want to use the router but can't take a cahnce on it getting blocked as SPAM. What is the solution? Have you managed to find any information on this, as we are having ...

Can't create weekly recurring task--error msg (using v. 2002)
I'm trying to create a weekly recurring task. I've haven't changed any settings at all except Weekly in the Task Recurrence dialog. When I click Save and Close, I get this error message: Outlook Connector does not support this recurrence pattern." Did you set an end date on the task or not? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Caroline O." wrote: > I'm trying to create a weekly recurring task. I've haven't changed any ...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

Contact uses
Am studying towards my 284 exam and am confused as i thought i understood the uses of contacts but the below has thrown me. I thought you must not use contacts for internal users as the messages bounce when setting up the contact does it matter which mail address you use "do you have to use the comany.com to list it in ad so it delivers inbound mail" answer states use two mail addresses in contact if i add 10 addresses to the contact will they all receive a copy of the message sent to brian@company.com automatically. QUESTION: your company subcontracts a consultant named bria...

Passing Pointers using PostMessage
I would like to send data accross threads using PostMessage and passing pointers to the data as parameters. I know I can do this but I am concerned with memory leaks. Am I 100% guaranteed to recieve all these messages? Is there anyway that these messages could get lost in the windows event loop without my handler function being called to clean up the memory? Thanks in advance, James Well I use this tecnique heavily in my applications and have never experienced any message loss as far as I know (as distinct from PostThreadMessage). James Lennon wrote: > I would like to send data ...

How to Prevent Duplicate Data from inputing using input application?
Hello microsoft.public.excel.charting my name is Zig I am trying hard to find out how I can use a input application to input data into a specified excel sheet. I have learned how to input the data into the excel sheet although I need to prevent the inputs from being duplicated. I have used a validating solver to prevent duplicate entries but it only works if you type the text into the sheet. I am unable to get the input application to follow the validation rule. Is there a way that I can use a input application to prevent duplicate entries into the excel sheets and if duplicate data is true ca...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

Using Frx and email
This may be long so bear with me. I have multiple questions. I am using lotus notes for email. I found another thread that talked about instructions using lotus notes that I plan to test out. However, I had other questions. 1. I am assuming that I can select any output option when using the email function in FRx. For example, if I selected the drill down viewer, the recipient would need the viewer installed on their PC. However, if I selected formatted XLS, they could open it with their excel application. Let me know if I'm wrong on this theory. 2. My question is about cha...

Payee Matching using Memo Field?
Note sure if this is specific to BofA, or if I'm just missing something.I am using MS Money Deluxe 2004, but also had same prob with 2000 When I download ofx (problems with qif also) statements the Payee or <name> is truncated to 32 char which normally I wouldnt care since money only allows 32 char in the payee feild. Problem is my transactions in the OFX are like this: <NAME>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** O <MEMO>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** ON 07-03 CUSTOMER ******** PAYMENT TO ACME Is it possible to auto match Payees using...

Excel error: Permission to use object denied
I have some new computers setup with Windows XP and Office 97. When go into Excel and open a spreadsheet, I get a Microsoft Visual Basi error:Permission to use object denied. The spreadsheet will not open. The error happens with every spreadsheet I try to open on tha computer. If I copy the spreadsheet to another computer, it open without complaint. The other computer is also running XP and Excel 97 but was installed a few months ago. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following article may be of some help, althought your problem is slightly different. h...

OFXHTTP500 error after 1 day using Money Plus
Hello, I had to update to Money Plus after my money 2005 became unsupported and was thus no longer usable. I installed Money pluss without error and used it without error for 1 day, maybe 2 days. Now tonight I've spent an hour debugging connection failures of OFXHTTP500 when tyring to pull nwe data from my bank. Long story short it appears the money file is corrupt. I tried creating a new one and it connects and downloads from the bank without issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling money. I ran both a simple and standard fix on the old money file, and no errors are foun...

Excel 2007
In my Excel-report I have a textbox to write comments. In Excel 2007 the "Enter"-knob on numeric part of keyboard doesn't work when typing in the textbox, but work as normal all other places in the workbook. Is this known by others, or is it just my server? Interesting! I can confirm this is the same behaviour that I have. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Wegar" <Wegar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A054E635-9CB9-4B8A-AB0E-BC1CED2DA6AF@microsoft.com... > In my Excel-report I have a text...

Can Outlook 2003 be used with the old 2002 interface?
I really don't like the new interface for Outlook 2003. I guess if I used it enough I'd learn to like it, but I have about 100 users that I'd have to show how to use it. If I could use a "classic Outlook interface" like the way Windows XP Professional allows a "classic Windows Start Menu", that would be great. You know the old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks. Some people have a real hard time learning new interfaces. We've been using the same type of Outlook setup since Outlook 97 with some small changes. These new changes for Outl...

Can I make a graph using several tabs in an excel spreadsheet
This might be what you're looking for: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B348DD7D-61C5-48E8-B47B-D8ACC79E7723@microsoft.com... > ...

Anti-crack and anti-piracy application protection and licensing solution using code morphing
Software piracy! Cracked serial numbers! Thousands of commercial products are posted on the warez sites and become available to all every day! Companies lose millions of dollars every year to software piracy, and faulty protection programs. Shareware developers look for unbreakable protection for their products and create some protection themselves or try many of the ready-made tools. Unfortunately most tools have already been cracked, and self solutions often only take one determined cracked a few hours to bypass. As a result they soon find the stoles keys and product cracks on thousands of ...

Improve Service Calendar scheduling by using nearest location
Hello, I have different sites providing the same service, I want that from service calendar, my users could schedule a service: 1) from the nearest site 2) if no resources available on this site, use any other site with available resources. Is CRM able to do this ? How to enter rules on the service to have this kind of selection ? Thanks for help. CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button...

To make fields invisible using Dexterity Utilities
Hello I know we could use Windows propoerties to make fields visible or invisible on a Window in a form. I understand we could use Dexterity Utilities to make the fields visible or invisible to user. Could anyone say how to do it Dexterity Utilities is not the correct tool to hide fields from a user. You can do this using Modifier, VBA, Field Level Security or Dexterity. Dexterity can either use triggers or you can create an alternate window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.mi...

which fax program do I use?
I'm running windows 2000 and outlook 2000. windows comes with a fax (NT fax from memory), but it doesn't work with my version of outlook 2000 as it's "email only". a) Is there a way of changing outlook to permit the fax? or b) Is there another fax program that I could/should use? Peter Maybe the fax software that usually comes with the modem - asuming you have a dial up modem not cable. "peter" <peter.jennifer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166203871.236229.313840@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > I'm running windows 2000 and outlook 2000. w...

use front-end as a back-end temporarily
I need to do some maintenance on our Exchange back-end server. My thought was to change our front-end server to a back-end and simply move the mailboxes and public folders [small] to it so I can then take down the main back-end server for maintenance. Will this work OK? Is there a better solution that does not involve buying a new box? Is there a guide with step by step instructions? -- Sharingly yours... What maintanance do you need to do ? Easiest way would be to schedule downtime or is this not feasible ? Other option is if you are using Outlook 2003 cached mode is to have everyo...

Guide to setting up Resources and using Auto Accept Agent
I am setting up an exchange 2003 system and was looking for guidance on how to create resources that can be booked - like conference rooms as part of meetings. Also, do I need to use Auto Accept Agents to complete the process of people booking these resources? Thanks Please could someone advise on this? I am hoping to find someone with information ASAP. "Makor" wrote: > I am setting up an exchange 2003 system and was looking for guidance on how > to create resources that can be booked - like conference rooms as part of > meetings. Also, do I need to use Auto Accept...

Which CD Keys have I used?
I have the Student version of Office, which allows me to install on three machines via 3 unique cd codes. I have already installed on 2 machines (a few months ago) and am now adding a third, but I don't recall which cd codes I've already used. The machines will be networked, so I need to get it right. Is there any way to figure out which codes I used? A previous thread ("Matching Office ID to certifiacte of authenticity") from a few weeks ago seems to say no, but I'm not sure it is talking about the same issue. Thanks for any guidance. In article <C030F408.529F%...

How can I send a mass email from Publisher using Outlook Express?
I am trying to send a file that has been created in Publisher as a mass email to all of my contacts that are from my ACT address book. I am currently using Outlook Express as my mail client. Is there a way to do this? Create a pdf file and attach it to an email. -- Don Vancouver, USA "cathy@dunbarsales" <cathy@dunbarsales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E501507C-65D4-429B-A9FC-6989DE4B0910@microsoft.com... >I am trying to send a file that has been created in Publisher as a mass >email > to all of my contacts that are from my ACT address boo...

Using Delegates?
I'm trying to port this logic over to C#. In C/C++ I have a typedef struct in an abstract class: class CAbstractServer: public TThread { public: struct TSPDispatch { char *cmd; BOOL (CAbstractServer::*f)(char *args); }; ... }; In a derived sub-class, I add functions, for example: class CMyServerClass: public CAbstractServer { typedef CAbstractServer inherited; public: ... private: static TSPDispatch Dispatch[]; BOOL FUNC_CMD1(char *args); BOOL FUNC_CMD2(char *args); BOOL FUNC_CMD3(char *args); BOOL FUNC_CMD...

Making Changes Using Calendar Wizard
I have used one of the Calendar Templates and made changes to the initial page. I then tried to do the "Change Date Range" to add more "months". The only change that stayed was the new Logo I inserted using the Logo Options. Colors and other editing was lost. Is there any way to get the subsequent months to "take" the changes I made on the initial single January page? Thanks! Create all the months from the get go, open the color schemes taskbar, either use one color scheme already defined or create your own. You will have to manually add holidays and speci...