Multiple Users for office #2

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person.

All help much appreciated

CSR
0
CSR4191 (2)

> Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person.
>
> All help much appreciated
>
> CSR

sorry folks....answered my own question!
0
CSR4191 (2)

Outlook 2000 to 2003 #2
Are users are currently all running Outlook 2000, and are doing so through terminal services. They are working online. We're going to update everyone to Outlook 2003 (exchange 2003 also) and want them to all be set to work in cached mode so we can take advantage of the junk email filtering. Is there anyway I can change them all over to cached mode, instead of having to log onto each users profile, and manually making the change in outlook? Thanks ...

How to prevent 2 Note styles from merging?
My documentation includes a "Note" box and a "Tip" box that both derive from a "Note" style. That is, a "Note" has a horizontal line on the top and bottom of the paragraph, as does a "Tip" (a "Note" is supplemental information, whereas a "Tip" is an alternate way of doing the same task). I have many places in my document where a "Tip" immediately follows a "Note," and vice versa. The problem is that I have to separate the two paragraphs with an additional hard return. If I attempt to delet...

clearing a cell #2
I'm very new at using excel and if someone could help me please:) :) how do I keep a formula in a cell example I've put the formula in the cell and go back to it to enter some data and need to clear the data I always seem to clear my formula what do I do????to keep the formula in the cell Thanks gg -- genevieveg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ genevieveg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30333 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499991 Formulas cant work in the cel...

Subtraction question #2
Subtracting cells C2 thru I2 Example: If C2 had 3436, D2 had 3395, E2 had 3376, then I need the answer in cell J2 to be 60 EVEN IF THE CELLS F2 THRU I2 ARE BLANK. This formula works fine if I have numbers in ALL cells (C2:I2) "=MAX(C2:H2)-I2" but when there are blank cell it doesn't count right. Thanks in advance! Richard If I have understood your question correctly, this formula entered in J2 will do the trick. =MAX(OFFSET(C2,,,,COUNTA(C2:I2)-1))-OFFSET(C2,,COUNTA(C2:I2)-1) You can't have for instance a number in C2, D2 blank and a number in E2. The blanks are suppose...

file attachments #2
Outlook is blocking me from reading word and exel files which were attached to an e mail I received. This happens every time. It appears that it is a security issue but I cannot get to the bottom of this problem. Plerase help!!!! Arthur Volk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook is blocking me from reading word and exel files > which were attached to an e mail I received. This happens > every time. It appears that it is a security issue but I > cannot get to the bottom of this problem. Plerase help!!!! Google is your friend. This question has been aske...

Exchange low 2
How resolve is the problem in my Exchange server? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293650 Tankyou I would install Outlook 2003 so you can look at the Connection Status and see exactly what part of the connection is slow. You can do this if you hold CTRL and right click on the Outlook icon -> Connection Status. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms speci...

Excel multiple selections
I have a report that is updated each day. Within one field I have the possibility of many values that need to be added into it. I have been trying to get a combo box to return multiple selections from a listing I have created but it will only return one. How do I make it return multiple selections? Or should I be using another tool to do this? Regards, Trev I think you need to post a little more information. Are you saying your combo box only displays one item? or you need to select multiple items from your combo box? -- Bob Sweet Bsweet123@email.uophx.edu "Trev" <Trevor.Bi...

Outlook keeps closing #2
I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Server and for some reason it keeps closing. I uninstalled and the reinstalled it, and it still keeps closing after 1 minute of opening it. Does anyone have any suggestions??? ...

Changing language in office 2007
Hello! I purchased my computer from dell spain and ordered everything in english. I received the computer as ordered but with office in spanish. I have tried to call technical support but all the information they give me is that with the office CD that I received I can change the language to english myself. However they give no information on how. I have tried to change it as per instructions on the microsoft office help section but the menus ar all still in spanish. Can anybody help me explain how I can change the menus in spanish office to english? Is it even possible? To...

Word 2002 and Powerpoint 2002
Hello Does anyone out there know anything about the following issue? When I insert multiple pictures into Word 2002 or PowerPoint 2002 in XP 2002, i.e. by Insert/Picture/From File and then selecting multiple images, the last picture in the list is loaded first followed by the others in correct order. It's a minor annoyance in Word or Powerpoint that can be quickly solved by cutting and pasting, but this issue is also affecting an application I'm developing that allows a user to import images. The correct order of the images needs to be preserved. This issue see...

User Frequency Report #2
Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. Thanks! In System Manager you can see the last access time of a mailbox. So you could sort by date and then see which ones have not been logged in to for a while. "ATJaguarX" <JPGajewski@msn.com> wrote in message news:uHWCnWRkEHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to > determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. > > Thanks! > > >...

Running both Office 04 and Office 08 #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The Question may of been asked already, but if I want to install Office 08 but keep Office 04. Do I need to buy the complete package again or can I just get the upgrade edition? Cheers, Becky <BeckyA10@officeformac.com> wrote: > The Question may of been asked already, but if I want to install Office > 08 but keep Office 04. Do I need to buy the complete package again or > can I just get the upgrade edition? The upgrade edition should be fine. It simply loioks for a previous install for license validat...

Undo jumps between multiple open workbooks
Hi. Our users have recently upgraded from office 2000 to Office 2007. One has to get a set of totals from one workbook into another. He is finding that if he has two workbooks open, deletes some data from Workbook1 to get the totals he needs and pastes or manually types the result into workbook2 , goes back to workbook1 and hits Undo to restore the full source data, the undo is applied to the data he has just typed in Workbook2. The next undo restores the data in workbook1 but then he has lost his total. Excel seems to be applying the undo to the last change made regardless o...

Merging Access w/- How do I get different address on 2 prints per
I have created some post cards for my department. One side (one file) has the same information on every card. The second side (second file) has unique information on each card. The post cards are 4.25 x 6, so I am able to post two per page; however, I am getting the same address twice on each page. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!! -- - Kristy Land Create two different publications, one for the merge and one for the other side. When you merge, you can only have one card on your screen. Type your card measurements in the page setup. Measure the margins and gaps on your...

Accessing User values in Outlook form
I want to cycle through Outlook form items in an Exchange folder and look at custom Values. What is the syntax for accessing the values? In the code snippet below, I'm cycling through Outlook form items in a folder named PCN Queue. I need the syntax to access a Value called "PCN Number" associated with the Outlook form. Thanks for any help. Set ns = GetNamespace("MAPI") Set Inbox = ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) Set PCNFolder = Inbox.Folders("PCN Queue") For Each Item In PCNFolder.Items MsgBox (Item. ) <--- N...

WSE 2.0 encoding error
I have a client application ( web service ) write in vs2005 consuming an external web service with WSE 2.0 (x509). The response is in hebrew ( windows-1255 ). In the Trace files I see the hebrew fine, but the response is gibrish. Did any one know how to change the encoding of the response. -- moital Hi Moital, From your description, you have a .NET client application which consume an external webservice (secured through WSE 2.0). You found the client get giberish from server service since it is output hebrew encoding response, correct? Regarding on the problem, I'd like conform so...

Could not open one or more attachments #2
Hi Folk, Went i try to send an email message from outside my network and the end user try to open it, we get the following error. Could not open one or more attachments. We are using Outlook 2003 and is happening with .doc, xls, not sure if i'll happen with other Office application. Thanks outlook does block certain attachments as shown in the link. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011402971033.aspx does this happen to all users? if only a certain ones have you tried accessing the email from another machine? as .doc and .xls are not blocked by the level 1 security ...

Multiple Instances
I read the earlier post regarding multiple instances of Excel, the problem that I have encountered is that if I tick the option to ignore other applications, and then open a spreadsheet from explorer or an email, my excel opens but does not display any spreadsheet, just a blank instance, and I get no error messages. I had a look in the knowledge base and the fix they supply for this is to uncheck the ignore other applications box. There must be some way that I can force excel to launch in a new instance. Please can someone help me? I'm running excel 2002 with SP3. Many Thanks in ...

Which version of Microsoft Office
I've just bought a PC with Windows XP. I need to upgrade Microsoft Office (I had Office '97). Can anyone confirm that to have a version that will run and send/receive emails I'll need Office 2003? Can't get a straight answer from the shop I go to and I don't want to make a mistake. Cheers. Peter Peter Brown wrote: > I've just bought a PC with Windows XP. I need to upgrade Microsoft > Office (I had Office '97). Can anyone confirm that to have a version > that will run and send/receive emails I'll need Office 2003? Can't > get a straight a...

Deleting or disabling users
I want to either delete or disable a user without deleting their mailbox, how would i go about doing that. Bruce Charnitsky wrote: > I want to either delete or disable a user without deleting their mailbox, > how would i go about doing that. > > Assuming you're using AD, just open the AD Users and Computers, right click the user concerned and then choose "Disable Account". However, this will stop new mail being delivered to their account. Another option is lock down the machines they are allowed to log in to (somewhere in the properties) to a machine no-...

How do i setup e.mail account in office 2003?
just bought ms office 2003 (home edit), it includes outlook 2003. For some reason the programme won't send or recieve. Can anyone give me step by step instructoin on how to set the damn thing up! Steve. did you create a profile with your account information? if so, did you press the send/receive button? if so, do you get any errors? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

Online bill pay #2
I use Money Premium 2007 and wanted to use my bank's (USAA) bill payment service through Money but I only see CheckFree and MSN Bill Pay as online bill payment providers. The Help says that when you add a bank account that if it offers bill pay that it will automatically be added. So I called my bank to see if they offer support with Money. They said they used to BUT MONEY stopped supporting them because USAA didn't charge for the online bill pay services. Now, my bank's online bill pay is powered by CheckFree. Is there anyway to get around and add my bank's bill pay t...

Connecting a Vista Laptop and Mac OSX 10.3.9 on a home network #2
I am trying to connect a windows laptop running Vista and a Mac using 10.3.9 to a wireless home network with a D-link DI-524 wireless router. Both computers work fine and can ascess the internet. The problem is trying to talk to each other. I need to know the configuration settings or where i am going wrong. I will try and provide as much relevant information as possible. 1. Both computers can "ping" each other 2. Sharing has been turned on on both 3. The Mac is visible on Windows network map 4. The Mac CAN access the PC's shared folders 5. The PC CANNOT log into the MAC R...

Outlook opens multiple emails
Hi guys and gals, I need help!! am running Vista and Office2007 and Sometimes, about once every 2 days, after functioning normally, selection of text and emails "sticks." For example, say I have an email selected in the inbox view, and I want to select a different email. When I click on a different email, the previous one and several around it are also selected, as if I had used the shift key to select multiple emails. When this happens, I can't get it to work normally and have to re-boot. I have a Logitech wireless mouse, but it doesn't seem to be a mouse problem. ...

Fixed Allocation #2
We have about 40 departments. Currently, we allocate several expense items to these departments based on pre defined percentages. For example: 7130 Telephone is allocated to 40 Departments 7140 Utilities are allocated to 40 departments 7150 Office supplies are allocated to 40 departments. We have about 12 expense accounts that are allocated to the 40 accounts. The percentage table is same for all accounts and is updated once a year. My question is Becauase I have 12 expense accounts that allocated to 40 departments would I need to set up 12 fixed a...