moving office to a new machine without the old disk

Hello.

All advice welcome.  I just purchased a G4 Powerbook with OS 10.2. Along
with this I purchased the Mac Microsoft Office 10 v X upgrade package. I was
told at the store to load my existing Office 98 program onto the Powerbook
before loading the upgrade. Unfortunately I can not find my original Office
98 CD. What are my options? For example, can I link my Imac with its OS
9.0.4 to my Powerbook via Ethernet and simply move Office over?

Should I just buy Office 98 on eBay?

0
wlgillies (1)

On 10-21-2003 11:15 AM, in article
zYclb.3877$XO.560408@news20.bellglobal.com, "Bill Gillies"
<wlgillies@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> All advice welcome.  I just purchased a G4 Powerbook with OS 10.2. Along
> with this I purchased the Mac Microsoft Office 10 v X upgrade package. I was
> told at the store to load my existing Office 98 program onto the Powerbook
> before loading the upgrade. Unfortunately I can not find my original Office
> 98 CD. What are my options? For example, can I link my Imac with its OS
> 9.0.4 to my Powerbook via Ethernet and simply move Office over?
>
> Should I just buy Office 98 on eBay?

If your iMac has Firewire, boot it in Target Disk mode and connect it to the
PowerBook via Firewire. It is much faster for the transfer than Ethernet.

All you need is to copy your Office 98 folder and info over. Also, you may
want to burn a CD with that info for future use. (Burn the CD on the iMac if
you have the capability, then use that CD.)

Keith Esau
kaesau@nospam.sbcglobal.not

On 10/21/03 09:15 AM, in article zYclb.3877$XO.560408@news20.bellglobal.com,
"Bill Gillies" <wlgillies@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> All advice welcome.  I just purchased a G4 Powerbook with OS 10.2. Along
> with this I purchased the Mac Microsoft Office 10 v X upgrade package. I was
> told at the store to load my existing Office 98 program onto the Powerbook
> before loading the upgrade. Unfortunately I can not find my original Office
> 98 CD. What are my options? For example, can I link my Imac with its OS
> 9.0.4 to my Powerbook via Ethernet and simply move Office over?

Drag your Office 98 folder to the new Powerbook.  The Installer should
recognize the existence. If you decide to open Office 98, it will probably
ask for you CD registration key.

I suggest keeping all your install CDs in a safe place along with their
registration keys.

--
Diane Ross
Mac MVP

0
dross3171 (39)

How to sync ALL contacts into Outlook
Hi, Ive a question/problem! I want to sync all the contacts into the personal contactmap of Outlook, not just the new ones. I will tell you the problem: If I use the button Options -> Synchronise only the new created contacts are synced. In stead of the program looks what do you have in Outlook and you get the rest it checks whats new in CRM and you get that. My problem is that not all the contacts are synced. If I sync the contact to my personal contacts in Outlook the map will be filled with (just) the new created contacts. After that I delete them out of the personal contactfol...

Office 2007
I am using Office 2007 and windows XO. TYhe screen resolution is 1280 x 1024. Why are the icons still solarge? Is there a way of reducing the size so they appear like my other computer using Office 2007 and vista? Which icons?, the default installation of 2007 doesnt place any icons on the desktop "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23691D04-C4CF-4FB5-9863-153D3D234FDA@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2007 and windows XO. TYhe screen resolution is 1280 x >1024. > Why are the icons still solarge? Is there a way of redu...

Microsoft ADAM EdgeSync 4 hour for Recipient Data? New usrs must w
I am trying to get recipient information updated manually or more often than 4 hours. Based on the docs: >Configuration data is synchronized at one-hour intervals. Recipient data is >synchronized at four-hour intervals. If you have made significant changes to data >in Active Directory, you may want to synchronize immediately. You can use the >Start-EdgeSynchronization cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell to start >immediate synchronization. I have run Start-EdgeSynchronization without any errors, but when I run, [PS]>Test-EdgeSynchronization Name ...

MS Office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? ...

Ran out of Disk on drive with priv1 database
My server with priv1 ran out of disk space. We were able to free up space on the drive, but email was down for a short period of time (15 minutes). Since that time, the system has been recording log files since the time of the error that are consuming a tremendous amount of space. The email system recovered once space was again available, and we have not noticed any issues. During this time, we removed a great deal of content from individual mailboxes. At this time priv1 is 3.8GB, and 1221 event shows 3GB available. Am I correct in performing the following: 1) offline defrag of p...

new Address List problem
I have created a new AL under All address list, and i have a problem: i can see the members on preview in Exchange System Manager but i can't see them in outlook address book (i can see the folder but not the members) p.s. the members are in a subdomain in which i can't view and manage the mailbox store (i think for connecting misconfiguration...) Thank all. ...

switching microsoft office from OS9 to OSX
is this a possibility? i do not have the original cd ROM's. my sister bought it back in the day, installed it on this computer when it was in the classic environment, then she gave me the computer, i switched to OSX and now i cannot update office 98. i mean, my microsoft office 98 works perfectly when i am in OS9.2, i just don't want to have to keep switching back and forth between both operating systems. anyone have any ideas? thanks You'd need a new program for it to run in OS X (Office 2004 is the new OS X version, Office X is the first OS X version). See here for the upgrade ...

Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000
Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? "Trooper" <Trooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C9799F5-84A5-4A8C-AA6B-646F66FAC021@microsoft.com... > Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully > slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? Can you be more specific please. What does these programs do? /Fredrik The program to which I referred to earlier is one I develope...

Delete Old Receipts
My database is getting bigger every day. I think is because RMS store every receipt in a images format and those images takes a lot of disk space. right? I would like to delete old recepits. How can i delete those receipts and what effect would I have if i delete them. any ideas? -- Thanks Troper This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_12C0_01C7A89B.1ECE6AF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Troper, Your database is growing everyday as you add sales, customers, items, = po, etc. Is that a problem?...

New blog article on syncing Entourage
Be sure to read �Why does syncing play Gossip with my contacts?� on the Entourage Help Blog. Everything you wanted to know about syncing. The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/why_does_the_syncing_play_goss.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote: > Be sure to read "Why does syncing play Gossip with my contacts?" on the > Entourage...

Archiving old email to PSTs
I will try to be as detailed at possible because people seem to have alot problems with this process. I am using ExMerge to archive messages from a mailbox. It is Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003. I have created a new account for this process. The account is not apart of the Domain Admin or Enterprise Admin group. The account is Local Administrator on the Exchange machine. The account was given Full Control to the server using Exchange System Manager.=20 This was done by opening Exchange System Manager, expanding the Servers container; Right clicking on the server; Click on t...

dHow do I put in the date without the year?
How do I put in the date without the year automatically a part of it? I want just 12/4 and no year in a box on my data sheet because I want the column to be short. If it's a date, it has 3 parts: month, day, and year. And if you intend to do date arithmetic on thse numbers, you must enter them as dates. Excel will add the year for you when you enter just the month and day. You can format the cell with the custom number format "m/y". On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:09:02 -0800, Barb L <Barb L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I put in the date without the year ...

Moving a frame with no title bar
I'm trying to create an MDI Child Window that does not have a title bar. When the user clicks anywhere on this window, I want them to be able to drag the frame anywhere. I tried doing it by having the view handling OnNcHitTest() but that doesn't work because it makes the view move WITHIN the frame, which isn't quite right - I want the entire frame to move. I was thinking of doing a SendMessage() to the frame, but I wasn't sure how to send the parameters since that function takes lParam and hParam, whereas OnNcHitTest() only has as an argument a CPoint (i'm relatively new a...

Asking to save for new entries thorugh SDK
I'm uploading some invoices through a program in c#, but when the user opens the invoice, it asks to save it. Once you do it, it doesn't ask again. I was looking at the record in the InvoiceBase table and looks like the record was not changed. The fields that I use in the invoice are: + name + description + customerid + ownerid and other custom fields. Any idea if any other field must be initialized. It happens the same with the invoice detail, for it I upload: +description + productdescription + actualdeliveryon + quantity + priceperunit (equals 0) + ispriceoverridden (equals 1...

Displaying from: in new email messages
I am running Outlook 2000 on my laptop, with new emails creating using Microsoft Word. I have a default address that I often send email from, but sometimes I specifically want to change the sent from address and use a different account. That I know how to do, by changing it in the message under options, but I often forget to do that. Is there a way of displaying the account I am sending the message from while creating the email? Or, can the default account to be used be specified for each contact, rather that globally for all contacts? ...

Migrating Mailboxes to a New Domain
Ok, here is the scenario, we are migrating all of our Exchange mailboxes from domainA to domainB, each domain has it's own seperate Exchange system (both 2003) Each user in domainA uses a single Outlook profile with multiple mailboxes attached. In addition to the mailboxes, some users have personal folders connected to their Outlook. I created a test user account and mailbox in domainA and I attatched several mailboxes to the user profile along with a persoanl folder. The user account and computer were both migrated to domainB by way of the ADMT. The test user mailbox was then migrated o...

How can I create a new line in a cell in Excel by hitting enter?
I need to just be able to hit enter in a cell and it create a new line in that cell. Is there a way to do this so that I do not have to add more rows? Please help! Manual (forced) line break: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Monica" <Monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A711F1A5-5C6A-4547-BC55-4E1FAC262B91@microsoft.com... I need to just be able to hit enter in a cell and it create a ...

new to pub
I am just beginning to try pub. book in software box is minimal Have a ms access report of name/addr - phone book style I need to put this member phone book report into a yearbook in pub can I bring in my ms access report? how?? if not, what about as a mail merge? if not, then how - without having to retype all those names, addr, ph,etc thanks for any help ann in dallas You are better exporting the information from Access to CSV (Comma Separated Value) and use the CSV file with Publisher. That is the only reliable and functional way. I cannot understand people that use such a disgusting...

Checking for new records
I am new to VBA and need to call "TravelForm" from the "MeetingsForm" It should open in to a new travel with travel info from "tbltravel" filled in. I tried the following code in the "on Click" property of the calling button in the MeetingsForm. Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnTravel_Click Dim DocName As String DocName = "frmTravel" DoCmd.OpenForm DocName, OpenArgs:=Me![Order_Num] Exit_btnTravel_Click: Exit Sub Err_btnTravel_Click: MsgBox Error$ Resume Exit_btnTravel_Click End Sub Then on the T...

Forwarding new messages to blackberry device?
Hello, Anyone know how I can set up one of my users who just got a blackberry device to have any new messages that hit his inbox to also forward to his blackberry device? Id really appreciate the help. Thank you! Michael Barker ...

Re: Finalizing the concurrent processing of current accounts with new Windows Live accounts.
Glad to see you're sticking with me. :-) Well, I'll be darned, apparently I was worried about nothing! Thanks to your info, I sent a test message to my Live account, and I got it! Now I'll set up a rule for each account to send everything to the (old) corresponding folder, and I'm up and running. *** Um-m-m, not yet. I sent an email to the Live account and my rule said for that account it should move it to the old corresponding folder, but it didn't get moved. It simply landed in the Inbox folder for the Live account. So I did the Run Rules Now optio...

VBA Inser a new Row
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me with this query in Excel 2003? Background I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of employee holidays, for example in column “A” I have list of Employee names in column “D” I have the number of holidays that that person is entitled to, Column “E” the number of Holidays taken which is subtracted from “D” and then a few other bits and pieces . Column “N” I have the a date Sun 01/04/2006 that then follows on for 6 months to Sat 30/09/2006 And the underneath that column I have the exact setup with the send half of then year continue from the upper row. I...

Out Of Office
Can anyone advise how to do the following. Say for example you have a employee who only works Mon, Wed and Fri is there a way to set up automatically an out of office message that will only activate on them given days ? rather than having to go in and enable it every night to say your not in the next day. Its a common thing for people to work part time so i would imagine something can be done automatically somehow Duncan You might be able to use something like this: http://www.cdolive.com/outofofficecalendar.htm Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower ht...

How to open Word and Excel files in Office 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Even though I have Office 2004(O4) installed, when I click on the individual files, they still open up in Office for OSX (OX). How do I get them to open up in O4 instead of OX?? I�d hate to delete OX and not have access to any of my Office files. Thanks. Frank --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1&qu...

ALOT of fonts are missing from my newly installed Office XP!
I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was horrified to realise that I had hardly ANY fonts!!! I knew that Publisher would usually give out the most amount of fonts but even this had a very small number of fonts. I know that these programs are supposed to come with a lot more so what can I do to fix it?!!! Is there somewhere specific I can go instead of searching all those sites to find out where to get this and similar fonts or what? Please help!!! Alessandro wrote: > I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was > ho...