Modification dates change when moving/copying between hard-drive and flash drive

I believe that this is actually an Apple question, but I'm sure that there's
an Office user that might know the answer to it also.  I use a flash drive
to store most of my work-related documents on.  That way, I have them when
I'm at school (on a Windows XP computer) and at home on my Mac OS 10.3.9.  I
try to occasionally back-up my flash drive by dragging it's contents to my
Mac.  Copying in this direction USUALLY retains the appropriate modification
date.

However, if I move things from the Mac to the USB drive (I occasionally make
changes to a file on the Mac when my flashdrive isn't handy), the
modification date changes to the copy/move date.  Is there a way around
this?  It alters the information about the file and sometimes makes a
version look newer than another version of a document.  When in reality,
it�s older--it�s just been moved/copied and the date changed.

I often move things back and forth for backup purposes, but if it keeps
changing the dates on it�s own, it�s impossible to tell which is REALLY the
most current copy/version.

Count hours between date and time given
Hello, Is there a formula to count the total of hours between : 3-Feb-2004 14:20 to 4-Feb-2004 15:30 Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Joyce wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a formula to count the total of hours between : > > 3-Feb-2004 14:20 to 4-Feb-2004 15:30 On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:43:04 -0800, "Joyce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a formula to count the total of hours between : > >3-Feb-2004 14:20 to 4-Feb-2004 15:30 If the later date/time is in A2; and the earlier one in...

excel date shows 01/00/1900!
I have a whole spreadsheet where when I type in the date i.e. 3/5/05 it then shows 1/00/00 as the date! I have tried changing the format to the many different ways to show the date, but I can't get it to show 3/5/05! Is there something I am missing? Thank you so much for your help! Katie I'm guessing that you entered the date in the cell like this =3/5/05 If so, a calculation is being done. I get 1/0/1900 when I enter it that way. Try just entering it as 3/5/05 with no equal sign. "KateZito" wrote: > I have a whole spreadsheet where when I type in the date...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Date changes back 4 years when copying
When we copy a date from an excel 2000 worksheet and paste it in an excel XP worksheet the year will move back four years. Any ideas? Go Tools > Options > Calculation and make sure both files have '1904 Date System' either checked or unchecked, ie both the same, Regards "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328401c4a4e0$a7dacb20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When we copy a date from an excel 2000 worksheet and paste > it in an excel XP worksheet the year will move back four > years. Any ideas? > > In article <328401...

Count of Weekdays Between Two Dates
Task: With a given start date and end date, print a list of Months showing a count of weekdays and weekend days in each. It seemed like such a simple request... but how to get started? If I already had a table of all dates between the start and end dates, I'd have it whipped. Any thoughts appreciated. -- croy Here are some ideas you can use for this. First, you need to know how may days are in the month. Then you can use the function below to return the number of work days in the month. The subtract the work days from the number of days, and it will return the week end days. ...

How move contacts from ACT2000-to-Outlook2003BCM?
Am using ACT2000 (ACT Ver 5.0.4.495) on WinXP PC with soon-to-be installed Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager (PC currently only has Outlook 2002). I wondered what the BEST way is to move my ACT contacts, along with ALL notes, emails, and anything else to Outlook 2003. (The last part is key... *WITH* all notes, emails, etc.) I went through contacts in ACT and thinned back to a database of only about 100 that I'd like to keep and therefore need to transfer to Outlook 2003. If necessary, I cut copy/paste the text of the notes and emails, once the contacts are in Outlook, but of cou...

first value of the month from a list of dates
Hello gurus, I've read through a list of message thread, and you guys are wonderfu ! . Experts !. Anyway, I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I have a list of share prices together with the dates. (about 20 to 2 dates in a month). How do i extract out the first day of every month from a list o database of 3 years (day by day) ? I think hard, but no avail. Help... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - add a helper colum adjacent to your data list (lets say column C) - in C1 enter the formula: =DAY(A1) ->if column A stores your dates - copy do...

Change Quote.dot
Can someone please tell me how the make changes to the Quote.dot. There is some text on the last page I need to change and for some reason I can not get past the merge fields to do this. Hi Valerie, Can you please help me understand exactly what text you need to change? -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Valerie" <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Date prompt appearing twice due to chart in report
Hi All, I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running the report. What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date? Thank you! decklun The prompt appears each time Access needs to run the query. Once for the report and a second time for ...

POP connector
Hi, I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP mailbox to my Exchange mailbox. Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox? Thx, Dennieku On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:50 +0200, "Dennieku" <dennieku@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkey...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

Changing the user password without the use of SA or DYNSA accounts
Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this. Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA. Thank you You can do this by granting that user sysadmin rights in SQL management Studio. In SMS, expand the Security folder, then logins, then find that user, right click the user, go to properties, click server roles and check the box for sysadmin. "Junior De Alba" wrote: > Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the S...

Oops! can I change border now?
Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice... I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a test print out and it looked fine...however... I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire printed area over slightly to the right. Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages? It would be way too time consuming to mo...

How to copy (or move) Journals from one folder to another
Yesterday I had to rebuild my Outlook file, and I have a working version now but all my journals are in a 2nd folder rather than in the main Journal one. As I can't delete the empty main one, ideally I'd like to move the entrieds from the second one to the main folder. Is this possible? I tried exporting them to a pst file and importing them but either it didn't work or I did it wrong. Any help gratefully recieved rdc You did it wrong - NEVER use the import/export option to move native = Outlook data. Having already done so, you now have a corrupt profile. Create a ne...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Date function help
I have order received date. I will start the order on the next comin THURDAY always. My delivery date is 9 days from the start. eg. Received date = 5/7/2004. Start Date is = 8/7/2004. Delivery dat will be 17/7/2004. Can somebody help with a formula to calculate delivery date. By the wa we are into furniture manufacturing. Thanks in advance, Itt -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > ... My delivery date is 9 days from the start. > .. a formula to calculate delivery date. If col B contains the start dates, from row2 down just put in say, C2: =B2+9 (think Excel will fo...

change tab colour of a worksheet
How do I change the colour of a worksheet name tab so that I can identify groups Sally, right click on the tab, but only if you have excel 2002 or above -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FA9969D-F3C6-47EE-B02A-E8BCC3706F0E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the colour of a workshee...

Multiple reports in range date
I have multiple reports using the same range of start and end date weekly. The date is display in a tab form to remind me the date range. I like to print weekly multiple reports using these range of date. Can anyone help me. Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Create a form with two unbound textboxes to enter your dates. Use the textboxes as criteria in the query for the reports like this -- [Forms]![YourFormName]![TextBox1] and [Forms]![YourFormName]![TextBox2] Before running the reports open the form, enter the dates, leave form open...

Moving from 3.0 to 4.0
Hi based on Rob Mottrams and Patrick Verbeeten earlier answers to my postings - I now have the following plan; 1) From the production enviroment copy the databases (MSCRM and METABASE) to the test enviroment and restore them there on that 32 bit SQL server. 2) Run the CRM 4.0 installation on top of the CRM 3.0 installation in the test enviroment - (that way database, workflows etc. gets upgraded) the 4.0 install process also creates the MSCRM_config database. 3) Then move the upgraded databases (MSCRM, METABASE and MSCRM_config) back in production and restore them there. 4) Install CRM 4.0 o...

Copying GridLines with AutoFill
I have a fill macro assigned to a worksheet that is designed to only copy over items that show a quanity of one or more items. If the macro detects a quanity of one or more for a particular item it copies that item over to another Quote worksheet. The problem is that when the data is being copied over to the Quote worksheet it is also copying over all the gridlines that surround the data from the main worksheet. How do I make this macro ONLY copy over the text information and not the gridline formatting that surrounds the data when this macro is ran? Thx! Elusive, Instead of doing a ...

Smartlist dates gone crazy?
Hi Guys: The user initially asked if we can access the created date of a transaction. So for month end adjusting entries for say June '08 your posting date probably would be June 30th '08 but the Acctg Mgr wanted to know the date the accountant entered the transaction - probably July 5th '08 or something like that. We set up a Smartlist in the Account Transactions folder using Created Date, the posted TRX date and the usual DR & CR amounts. Problem is, regardless of series, we're seeing on some transactions a created date of 2 years ago, for example 6/28/2006 and ...

User accounts changing themselves to another users details..?
Hi, We're getting an intermittent problem with our CRM 1.2 installation. Randomly, users names and email addresses are changing to that of another user but their logon name is staying the same. This is meaning that when they logon to CRM, their name is showing wrongly and any records assigned to them are showing the wrong name. The name they change to is always the same and the user records changing varies. eg: Say we have 10 users, one of whom is "Joe Bloggs". Today, 3 other users records names had changed so that their first name showed "Joe" and their surn...

Inserting Flash Objects Into Emails
Our company is using Exchange Server 5.5 + Microsoft Outlook XP for emailing. Lately we have decided in creating an HTML email with a flash document in it to be sent as a promotion email for our activities. But we are unable to find a way to insert the flash document we have created into the email and allow the user to view it as a normal object in a web page. Can anyone help on this? Many thanks in advance. ...

Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?
Can I make the font of a certain cell change it's font colour to Red if the word in the cell is, example, "Fail"? I want the change to apply from B2:F23. -- wuming79 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wuming79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=560169 Use "Conditional Formatting". It's on the Format menu -- MartinShor Software Tester &amp; Musicia -----------------------------------------------------...

Change Contact List Location
Is there a way to change the location of Live Mail's Contact List from its buried existence on my system drive (C:) to my data drive (D:)? I moved my storage folder over there a long time ago. Thank you. "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:OwbnmhtmKHA.5840@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the location of Live Mail's Contact List from > its buried existence on my system drive (C:) to my data drive (D:)? I > moved my storage folder over there a long time ago. You didn't mention your OS,...