Microsoft says I don't get an Upgrade to Office for Mac 2008

In October 2007 I ordered Microsoft Office 2004 for Macintosh from Amazon under an advertised Promotion that allowed an upgrade to the already announced Office 2008 by filling out the "Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac North America Technology Guarantee Redemption Form". I would have never ordered a 4 year old product that was going to be discontinued without this promotion. In December 2007, I mailed to Microsoft the now available redemption forms along with the required copy of the sales receipt and "The ORIGINAL product box top with the product name and barcode clearly identified." In February 2008 I had not received the product and contacted Microsoft who stated they had no record of my submission. Luckily I had a copy of the sales receipt and the box top with bar code, which I submitted to Microsoft. They informed me they would not accept this and would not receive the product.

Microsoft has acted in bad faith. I have all the materials necessary to prove my purchase, and it is obvious I purchased this out of date product in response to their offer. It is incredulous they would choose to treat a customer (who is trying to do the right thing) in such an unscrupulous manner.
0
pablokent (2)

I am trying to find a contact person for problems like this.

--
Diane

On 2/24/08 3:13 PM, in article ee8ea8e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"pablokent@officeformac.com" <pablokent@officeformac.com> wrote:

> In October 2007 I ordered Microsoft Office 2004 for Macintosh from Amazon
> under an advertised Promotion that allowed an upgrade to the already announced
> Office 2008 by filling out the "Microsoft Of&#64257;ce 2008 for Mac North
> America Technology Guarantee Redemption Form". I would have never ordered a 4
> year old product that was going to be discontinued without this promotion. In
> December 2007, I mailed to Microsoft the now available redemption forms along
> with the required copy of the sales receipt and "The ORIGINAL product box top
> with the product name and barcode clearly identi&#64257;ed." In February 2008
> I had not received the product and contacted Microsoft who stated they had no
> record of my submission. Luckily I had a copy of the sales receipt and the box
> top with bar code, which I submitted to Microsoft. They informed me they would
> not accept this and would not receive the product.
>
> Microsoft has acted in bad faith. I have all the materials necessary to prove
> my purchase, and it is obvious I purchased this out of date product in
> response to their offer. It is incredulous they would choose to treat a
> customer (who is trying to do the right thing) in such an unscrupulous manner.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/25/2008 2:05:02 AM
In article <ee8ea8e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
 pablokent@officeformac.com wrote:

> In October 2007 I ordered Microsoft Office 2004 for Macintosh from Amazon
> under an advertised Promotion that allowed an upgrade to the already
> announced Office 2008 by filling out the "Microsoft Of&#64257;ce 2008 for Mac
> North America Technology Guarantee Redemption Form". I would have never
> ordered a 4 year old product that was going to be discontinued without this
> promotion. In December 2007, I mailed to Microsoft the now available
> redemption forms along with the required copy of the sales receipt and "The
> ORIGINAL product box top with the product name and barcode clearly
> identi&#64257;ed." In February 2008 I had not received the product and
> contacted Microsoft who stated they had no record of my submission. Luckily I
> had a copy of the sales receipt and the box top with bar code, which I
> submitted to Microsoft. They informed me they would not accept this and would
> not receive the product.
>
> Microsoft has acted in bad faith. I have all the materials necessary to prove
> my purchase, and it is obvious I purchased this out of date product in
> response to their offer. It is incredulous they would choose to treat a
> customer (who is trying to do the right thing) in such an unscrupulous
> manner.

That's a real shame. If I were you, I'd write a letter to Bill Gates
and/or monkey boy about it.

Others (including me) have attempted to use the "Super Suite Deal"
promotion that lets you upgrade to Office 2008 Mac Special media Edition
for the cost of shipping. I did mine electronically, through Microsoft's
web site.

So far, I have received four "Order update" notice email messages from
Microsoft stating the order is being delayed. The very first notice said
that unless I contacted Microsoft, the order would automatically be
cancelled! Luckily I read the message in its entirety and called to
confirm I did indeed still want the product. So far, the ship date has
been pushed to 1/7/2008, then to 1/28/2008, then to 2/18/2008, and again
to 3/10/2008!

It seems very fishy to me that Microsoft is unable to ship this to me
when many, many others have already received theirs. I'm afraid
Microsoft simply doesn't want to fulfill the order, because I would be
getting it basically for free (the cost of shipping). If that turns out
to be the case, and Microsoft somehow doesn't ship it to me, I will be
very displeased. I ordered this product through Microsoft's own freaking
promotion! If they didn't want to do the promotion, they shouldn't have
offered it to begin with.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR
Hi JR:

Let me know if you want me to give them a whack for you :-)

Diane has been beating up on them fairly ferociously about these, and she
should get results soonish...

Always remember, "when given the choice between a conspiracy and a SNAFU,
bet on the SNAFU every time..."  In this case, I think we will find that
they have out-sourced fulfilment to several vendors, and some of those
vendors are not worth {expletives deleted...}

Cheers

On 25/02/08 12:08 PM, in article
jollyroger-46AAAF.20382124022008@70-3-168-216.area5.spcsdns.net, "Jolly
Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <ee8ea8e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
>  pablokent@officeformac.com wrote:
>
>> In October 2007 I ordered Microsoft Office 2004 for Macintosh from Amazon
>> under an advertised Promotion that allowed an upgrade to the already
>> announced Office 2008 by filling out the "Microsoft Of&#64257;ce 2008 for Mac
>> North America Technology Guarantee Redemption Form". I would have never
>> ordered a 4 year old product that was going to be discontinued without this
>> promotion. In December 2007, I mailed to Microsoft the now available
>> redemption forms along with the required copy of the sales receipt and "The
>> ORIGINAL product box top with the product name and barcode clearly
>> identi&#64257;ed." In February 2008 I had not received the product and
>> contacted Microsoft who stated they had no record of my submission. Luckily I
>> had a copy of the sales receipt and the box top with bar code, which I
>> submitted to Microsoft. They informed me they would not accept this and would
>> not receive the product.
>>
>> Microsoft has acted in bad faith. I have all the materials necessary to prove
>> my purchase, and it is obvious I purchased this out of date product in
>> response to their offer. It is incredulous they would choose to treat a
>> customer (who is trying to do the right thing) in such an unscrupulous
>> manner.
>
> That's a real shame. If I were you, I'd write a letter to Bill Gates
> and/or monkey boy about it.
>
> Others (including me) have attempted to use the "Super Suite Deal"
> promotion that lets you upgrade to Office 2008 Mac Special media Edition
> for the cost of shipping. I did mine electronically, through Microsoft's
> web site.
>
> So far, I have received four "Order update" notice email messages from
> Microsoft stating the order is being delayed. The very first notice said
> that unless I contacted Microsoft, the order would automatically be
> cancelled! Luckily I read the message in its entirety and called to
> confirm I did indeed still want the product. So far, the ship date has
> been pushed to 1/7/2008, then to 1/28/2008, then to 2/18/2008, and again
> to 3/10/2008!
>
> It seems very fishy to me that Microsoft is unable to ship this to me
> when many, many others have already received theirs. I'm afraid
> Microsoft simply doesn't want to fulfill the order, because I would be
> getting it basically for free (the cost of shipping). If that turns out
> to be the case, and Microsoft somehow doesn't ship it to me, I will be
> very displeased. I ordered this product through Microsoft's own freaking
> promotion! If they didn't want to do the promotion, they shouldn't have
> offered it to begin with.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)
2/25/2008 11:36:41 AM
In article <C3E8DE61.114B1%john@mcghie.name>,
 John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> On 25/02/08 12:08 PM, in article
> jollyroger-46AAAF.20382124022008@70-3-168-216.area5.spcsdns.net, "Jolly
> Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > So far, I have received four "Order update" notice email messages from
> > Microsoft stating the order is being delayed. The very first notice said
> > that unless I contacted Microsoft, the order would automatically be
> > cancelled! Luckily I read the message in its entirety and called to
> > confirm I did indeed still want the product. So far, the ship date has
> > been pushed to 1/7/2008, then to 1/28/2008, then to 2/18/2008, and again
> > to 3/10/2008!
> >
> > It seems very fishy to me that Microsoft is unable to ship this to me
> > when many, many others have already received theirs. I'm afraid
> > Microsoft simply doesn't want to fulfill the order, because I would be
> > getting it basically for free (the cost of shipping). If that turns out
> > to be the case, and Microsoft somehow doesn't ship it to me, I will be
> > very displeased. I ordered this product through Microsoft's own freaking
> > promotion! If they didn't want to do the promotion, they shouldn't have
> > offered it to begin with.
>

> Let me know if you want me to give them a whack for you :-)

I don't know what constitutes a "whack", or how much good it will do,
but by all means, whack away!

> Diane has been beating up on them fairly ferociously about these, and she
> should get results soonish...

Somehow I think I'm in for at least one more delay. Time will tell.

> Always remember, "when given the choice between a conspiracy and a SNAFU,
> bet on the SNAFU every time..."  In this case, I think we will find that
> they have out-sourced fulfilment to several vendors, and some of those
> vendors are not worth {expletives deleted...}

If that is the case, then Microsoft should step up and fix thee problem
by fulfilling them themselves.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to
this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
I have received several updates via email also about backorders. However, the last one I received was that my product would be shipped approximately 2/18/08. It is 2/25/08, and my order still shows as "Order in Process". I placed this order way back in Nov. 2007. I waited an extra week since it was an expected ship date, and I think that was more than enough after it was already delayed for more than a month since release. What's going on??? I'm about to hound them on the phone.
0
Jeffrey
2/25/2008 8:46:55 PM
Send all your details to Diane at the address she has given.

She's whacking the same part of the same anatomy as I am :-)

Cheers

On 26/02/08 1:09 AM, in article
jollyroger-324559.09395125022008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net, "Jolly
Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <C3E8DE61.114B1%john@mcghie.name>,
>  John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> On 25/02/08 12:08 PM, in article
>> jollyroger-46AAAF.20382124022008@70-3-168-216.area5.spcsdns.net, "Jolly
>> Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So far, I have received four "Order update" notice email messages from
>>> Microsoft stating the order is being delayed. The very first notice said
>>> that unless I contacted Microsoft, the order would automatically be
>>> cancelled! Luckily I read the message in its entirety and called to
>>> confirm I did indeed still want the product. So far, the ship date has
>>> been pushed to 1/7/2008, then to 1/28/2008, then to 2/18/2008, and again
>>> to 3/10/2008!
>>>
>>> It seems very fishy to me that Microsoft is unable to ship this to me
>>> when many, many others have already received theirs. I'm afraid
>>> Microsoft simply doesn't want to fulfill the order, because I would be
>>> getting it basically for free (the cost of shipping). If that turns out
>>> to be the case, and Microsoft somehow doesn't ship it to me, I will be
>>> very displeased. I ordered this product through Microsoft's own freaking
>>> promotion! If they didn't want to do the promotion, they shouldn't have
>>> offered it to begin with.
>>

>> Let me know if you want me to give them a whack for you :-)
>
> I don't know what constitutes a "whack", or how much good it will do,
> but by all means, whack away!
>
>> Diane has been beating up on them fairly ferociously about these, and she
>> should get results soonish...
>
> Somehow I think I'm in for at least one more delay. Time will tell.
>
>> Always remember, "when given the choice between a conspiracy and a SNAFU,
>> bet on the SNAFU every time..."  In this case, I think we will find that
>> they have out-sourced fulfilment to several vendors, and some of those
>> vendors are not worth {expletives deleted...}
>
> If that is the case, then Microsoft should step up and fix thee problem
> by fulfilling them themselves.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)
2/26/2008 11:40:58 AM
In article <C3EA30E2.115BB%john@mcghie.name>,
John McGhie  <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>Send all your details to Diane at the address she has given.
>
>She's whacking the same part of the same anatomy as I am :-)
>
>Cheers
>

>On 26/02/08 1:09 AM, in article
>jollyroger-324559.09395125022008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net, "Jolly
>Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <C3E8DE61.114B1%john@mcghie.name>,
>>  John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>>
>>> On 25/02/08 12:08 PM, in article
>>> jollyroger-46AAAF.20382124022008@70-3-168-216.area5.spcsdns.net, "Jolly

>>> Let me know if you want me to give them a whack for you :-)
>>
>> I don't know what constitutes a "whack", or how much good it will do,
>> but by all means, whack away!
>>
>>> Diane has been beating up on them fairly ferociously about these, and she
>>> should get results soonish...
>>
>> Somehow I think I'm in for at least one more delay. Time will tell.
>>
>>> Always remember, "when given the choice between a conspiracy and a SNAFU,
>>> bet on the SNAFU every time..."  In this case, I think we will find that
>>> they have out-sourced fulfilment to several vendors, and some of those
>>> vendors are not worth {expletives deleted...}
>>
>> If that is the case, then Microsoft should step up and fix thee problem
>> by fulfilling them themselves.

I called the number in ome of my emails to check my order and
I too have been pushed back to 10-March, but I wasn't informed
of this until I called. Like JR, I'm willing to wait but I hope
that the ship date doesn't keep perpetually slipping.
0
claudel1 (25)
2/26/2008 2:09:59 PM
As originator of this post, I would like to close by stating that with the assistance of Diane and the MVP program, and this forum, Microsoft has resolved my complaint. Although the situation appeared to deteriorate rapidly during my brief email exchange with customer service, the watchful eyes of this MVP program recognized a wrong, and did the right thing, and I applaud Microsoft and the MVP program for quickly acting after I posted my complaint just a few days ago.
0
pablokent (2)
2/28/2008 3:57:28 AM
I suggest trying Sheridan Jones at sherjo@microsoft.com.  She was very
responsive on the Mac Mojo blog regarding this promotion.

Cheers,
David

On Feb 24, 8:05 pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
wrote:
> I am trying to find a contact person for problems like this.
>
> --
> Diane
>
> On 2/24/08 3:13 PM, in article ee8ea8e...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
>

> "pablok...@officeformac.com" <pablok...@officeformac.com> wrote:
> > In October 2007 I ordered Microsoft Office 2004 for Macintosh from Amazon
> > under an advertised Promotion that allowed an upgrade to the already announced
> > Office 2008 by filling out the "Microsoft Of&#64257;ce 2008 for Mac North
> > America Technology Guarantee Redemption Form". I would have never ordered a 4
> > year old product that was going to be discontinued without this promotion. In
> > December 2007, I mailed to Microsoft the now available redemption forms along
> > with the required copy of the sales receipt and "The ORIGINAL product box top
> > with the product name and barcode clearly identi&#64257;ed." In February 2008
> > I had not received the product and contacted Microsoft who stated they had no
> > record of my submission. Luckily I had a copy of the sales receipt and the box
> > top with bar code, which I submitted to Microsoft. They informed me they would
> > not accept this and would not receive the product.
>
> > Microsoft has acted in bad faith. I have all the materials necessary to prove
> > my purchase, and it is obvious I purchased this out of date product in
> > response to their offer. It is incredulous they would choose to treat a
> > customer (who is trying to do the right thing) in such an unscrupulous manner.
>
> --
> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
On 2/28/08 11:57 AM, in article
eeacff84-dd82-48d0-b51b-b3736c964c5f@60g2000hsy.googlegroups.com,
"David.M.Connolly@gmail.com" <David.M.Connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suggest trying Sheridan Jones at sherjo@microsoft.com.  She was very
> responsive on the Mac Mojo blog regarding this promotion.

Please make sure you have permission before posting someone else's address.
Spam robots on newsgroups will harvest real addresses.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/28/2008 10:23:56 PM
Yeah, well I know the person Diane is talking to :-)

Not too many people say "no" to them.  In fact, it's generally held on the
Redmond campus that making your answer indistinguishable from "Yes, I will
have that done right away" would be considered beneficial to your health and
well-being :-)

Cheers

On 28/02/08 1:27 PM, in article ee8ea8e.10@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"pablokent@officeformac.com" <pablokent@officeformac.com> wrote:

> As originator of this post, I would like to close by stating that with the
> assistance of Diane and the MVP program, and this forum, Microsoft has
> resolved my complaint. Although the situation appeared to deteriorate rapidly
> during my brief email exchange with customer service, the watchful eyes of
> this MVP program recognized a wrong, and did the right thing, and I applaud
> Microsoft and the MVP program for quickly acting after I posted my complaint
> just a few days ago.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50

0
john7143 (1072)

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

How do I get an item's rank?
Hi, Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different prices. How do I get a vendor's ranking? I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the Price field is smallmoney. -- Thanks, Sam Something like With RankedVendors As (Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Row_Number() Over (Order By Price) As Rank From <YourTable> Where ProductID = <product you are looking for>) Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Rank From RankedVendors ...

ARM compiler in Microsoft Platform Builder 5.0
Hello, I have a Freescale iMX31 (ARM11 Family). I know that ARM11 Famility corrisponds to core ARMv6 but on Microsoft Documentation I read that the ARM compiler support 4 and 5 (ARMv4 and ARMv5). Followint the link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms925478.aspx So I'm using a ARM11 processor with instruction set of ARM9 (ARMv4 - ARMv5). In this manner, there isn't and optiomization on compiled code. Some comments ? Thanks, Paolo On Nov 20, 2:18=A0pm, paolo patierno <paolopatie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a Freescale...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Failure to Display anything but Methods in Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll
I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm /findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp). I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have attempted to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed. I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials" and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser class. I used the o...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

can't get scrollbar to come up -- CScrollView
I am new to MFC and I am trying to get a simple app working with a scrollable view. I have put in the call to SetScrollSizes in the OnInitialUpdate method. I'm still not quite sure what sizeTotal is supposed to do. I just gave it a value of 5 for the y for now, which I think I want to set to the number of lines of text I have to display. And then I set y to 50. int numLines = 5; CSize sizeTotal; sizeTotal.cy = numLines; sizeTotal.cx = 50; SetScrollSizes( MM_TEXT, sizeTotal); In the OnDraw method, I put in code to draw my text on the view using the device context. The text get...

How do I get special symbols for correct sign?

2008 R2 License on VMWare
Dear, I have 2 Sun X4170 Servers that both have dual quad-cord Xeon processer. and run with VMWare as virtual platform. I want to run 4 VM in VMWare and all is Windows Server 2008 R2. And there is NO physical server any more. If I using Windows Server 2008 R2 standard, I need 4 licenses. I know that Windows Serer 2008 R2 Enterprise can have 1 physical + 4 VM license. Can I buy one license of Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition to run 4 Windows 2008 R2 enterprise in VMWare without any physical server running? Regards, __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antiv...

how to get a fixed window with caption?
hi! which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no posibility for the user to move the window? thanks philipp Try overriding the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message to prevent the move before it happens. >-----Original Message----- >hi! > >which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no >posibility for the user to move the window? > >thanks philipp > > >. > ...

Newbie: can't get a calculated value on the form?
I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I put a text box on the form from the query result field, but I get a "#Name" error instead of the result. When I run the query, I get the correct result. Help, please? Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1e7d27c-11d9-4696-8d19-4c5fdd9dbb89@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have > a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I p...

See these critical pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--ohqdyssewhxmx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pqazvfpfwgx"; type="multipart/alternative" --pqazvfpfwgx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ecwwcjdhekqnzo" --ecwwcjdhekqnzo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mai...

Upgraded for 2000 pro to 2003 pro
I have updated my office products from office 2000 pro to office 2003. Now in Excel when I try to change folders to save a workbook, I get the windows installer asking for my office 2000 pro cd. Can anyone give me a suggestion, beside putting in my 2000 pro cd. I'm afraid of what it might wipe out. Thanks in advance, Kent ...

Can't get past welcome screen
I recently used a startup manager utility to reduce the amount of programmes that launched automatically on startup. I am now unable to get XP to start past the welcome screen. If I click on a user it loads settings and then logs off immediately. I can't get into safe mode as it does the same thing. I've tried copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe as suggested in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892893 but this does not help. Any other ideas? On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:00:01 -0800, Sam Wardill <SamWardill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently used a startup mana...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

How can you get Column graphs to be next to each other instead of spaced apart?
Thanks You are welcome. :-) -- David Biddulph <simonlavender@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1926b4aa-693f-41fa-a986-1aca28eb78b7@j1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > Thanks Hi Simon, If you just want the columns closer together, select the series, > Format data series > options, and reduce the the Gap Width. Dave "simonlavender@gmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > ...

New computer and office 2007
I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't get any hits on it. Thanks, Lee "Neophyte" <wleecoleman@.nospam.ev1.net> wrote in message news:%237S3ME1KJHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to >activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone >done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on...

Office 2003 "Sent To As Attachment" issue
Hello all ;) One user is experiencing an issue when trying to send for instance an excel sheet using the menu option - "send to as attachment". When this options is selected a new mail windows opens -so far so good. But the user is not able to switch to another Outlook/Office application until this new windows is opened. If the user discards that email or clicks on SAVE and closes it (heh, the message will not be saved in drafts folder as many of us would expect, but in the INBOX!!! folder, huh), then the user is after that able to switch to another application. The i...

CRM 4.0 upgrade questions
Hi all, Now that we're all upgraded to CRM 4.0, questions have popped up: - Can one move the folders in the CRM Outlook client around, like Explorer folders? This was possible in 3.0. - Company information of Contacts in Outlook is supposed to synchronize now with CRM but it does not. I made sure the necessary checkbox is checked in CRM --> Options. This worked fine in a 4.0 test environment. - I know only 1 PC can be the sync PC with CRM but I wonder if a Citrix client can be a sync PC as well, in addition to a physical PC. - This is question for 3.0 and 4.0: We have a new custom ent...

Outlook for Mac to eliminate the Usenet reader?
The Newsreader in Entourage is limited, but its much better than a web based interface. In recent days MS has decided to abandon Newsgroups as the new Windows 7 does not have any groups, but web boards instead. So my gut feeling is that the new version of Outlook for the Mac will not include a Usenet, especially since Outlook for Windows does not have a Newsgroup reader. Any thoughts? John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defe...

New version of Office for Mac.
Dear all: Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the Macintosh is scheduled to be released ? An approximate date would be sufficient. Thank you in advance, Joseph Chamberlain Hello Joseph, Microsoft has given no clear indication other than "late 2007", so we are all just speculating here. Those who know when Office 2008 is coming out are not allowed to tell us. Those who tell us, don't know. Personally, I would guess at early 2008 -- but you never know how much effort Microsoft will put in to catch the pre-Christmas market. Cheers, Clive Hugg...

Sales Document Numbers Lookup after upgrade
After upgrading to Dynamics GP v9, when looking up Sales Documents in Sales Transaction Entry the lookup window by default restricts the list to look for documents only in the batch currently displayed and only for the type of document selected in Sales Transaction Entry. I think I saw a thread on this topic before. How can you disable this restriction so that users by default look at a list of all unposted sales documents in all batches for all document types when they activate the Sales Document Numbers lookup in Sales Transaction Entry? This doesn't appear to be easily manipulated wi...

Office 2010 beta clobbered my bluetooth
After installing office 2010 beta on a Thinkpad T43 with XP SP3, Bluetooth is broken. ( the Widcomm package, probably preinstalled on the factory) The BT can be turned on, is visible in device manager and so on - but any attempt to find devices fails. The error message says, unable to find local BT devices. Now I recall seeing something about BT in the Office 2010 release notes or forums, but can't find it. Be warned. --pa ...