Microsoft promises fix for Office 2008 installation issues

<http://www.macworld.com/article/131822/2008/01/office2008issues.html?lsr
c=mwweek?

A pair of installation-related problems involving the new release of
Microsoft�s Office 2008 won�t cause damage to your data or prevent the
productivity suite from running. But the issues, discovered by a user,
pose potential security and administrative headaches. Microsoft is
vowing fixes for both.
0
arkayREMOVE (118)

In article
<arkayREMOVE-F1BAAF.09010228012008@news.houston.sbcglobal.net>,
 aRKay <arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote:

> <http://www.macworld.com/article/131822/2008/01/office2008issues.html?lsr
> c=mwweek?
>
> A pair of installation-related problems involving the new release of
> Microsoft’s Office 2008 won’t cause damage to your data or prevent the
> productivity suite from running. But the issues, discovered by a user,
> pose potential security and administrative headaches. Microsoft is
> vowing fixes for both.

Now if we can just get them to promise to give us a Palm Conduit that
works with Office 2008...

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR
Would be nice, wouldn't it :-)

They are working furiously on this one :-)  The constraint is that Office
2008/Entourage now uses Synch Services.

If Synch Services every plays nicely with Palm, the Office synching should
"just work" ...

Cheers

On 29/01/08 7:00 PM, in article
jollyroger-8376E5.03301729012008@70-3-168-216.area5.spcsdns.net, "Jolly
Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article
> <arkayREMOVE-F1BAAF.09010228012008@news.houston.sbcglobal.net>,
>  aRKay <arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote:
>
>> <http://www.macworld.com/article/131822/2008/01/office2008issues.html?lsr
>> c=mwweek?
>>
>> A pair of installation-related problems involving the new release of
>> Microsoft�s Office 2008 won�t cause damage to your data or prevent the
>> productivity suite from running. But the issues, discovered by a user,
>> pose potential security and administrative headaches. Microsoft is
>> vowing fixes for both.
>
> Now if we can just get them to promise to give us a Palm Conduit that
> works with Office 2008...

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Sync Issues???
What exactly are Sync issues, where are they generated and can the folder be deleted? The Sync Issues folder is used when Outlook connects to an Exchange server where Cached Exchanged Mode is enabled in the profile. If the server or client has issues with updating information to the server/client this is the location where you start looking for troubleshooting. The folder can't be deleted. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Sweet Lou" <sweetlou@...

issue with Ignore Other Applications option
I want to view my Excel workbooks in separate windows (I have 2 monitors and want different workbooks displayed in each). Looking around online it seems the setting to allow this is: Tools > Options > General > Ignore other applications I selected this, and it works. When I click on an Excel file in Explorer, a new instance of Excel opens. However, when Excel opens, there is no workbook. I have to go to File > Open and manually navigate to the file to edit it. Is this a known side effect or some anomaly? Is there anyway to fix this while still being able to open workbooks in se...

Install problem Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am able to successfully install my Office mac 2008 Home/Student edition, however it then goes into a Check for Updates module, finds no updates and allows only for exiting the update check - never initiating Office. Same cycle repeats no matter if I remove my 2004 version or let it do so. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Thanks - Mike ...

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname) Server Performance Report
I get this error when trying to view the server performance report in OWA. ...

Training for Office 2003 Publisher please
I would like to find training for Office 2003 Publisher, CD/Book or online. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "greenbentley" <greenbentley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F7D422E-BEEB-482E-AD86-B73BDA1D5DB6@microsoft.com... >I would like to find training for Office 2003 Publisher, CD/Book or online. ...

RUNTIME class corrupted issue in VS2005
Hi, There was a bug in MFC 7.0 as posted in this group:- >Starting with MFC 7.0 Microsoft has introduced a severe bug for extension >DLLs: In the header file AFXDLLX.H that is needed for all extension DLLs >somebody replaced the external variable _pRawDllMain by a wrong one called >_pAtlChainRawDllMain (see line 44 of AFXDLLX.H). Below is the relevant part >of this header file in its original version, the faulty line is marked with >***>: Thanks for the report. This does appear to be a bug in MFC 7.0 and 7.1. We'll be looking to fix it in a future relase. Martyn Lov...

OWA stops on one node after the installation
Hi all, I am facing a problem in my Exchange 2003 Cluster setup after installing Exchange SP2. After the installation, OWA has stopped working on one of the Cluster node. When I failover cluster group to node1 it works perfectly fine. But when i move the group to node2 the OWA doesn't work there. I always get the below error in my internet explorer and the page shows loading and then it stucks but i can see the left pane buttons (Inbox, Outbox etc..) Line:1019 Char:1 Error: Invalid procedure call or arguement URL: http://server.exchange.com/exchweb/6.5.7638.1/controls/ctrl_view.htc...

sql 2008 Simple Dynamic query
HI all I am run this simple query on sql 2008 and getting erro declare @sql as varchar(50) select @sql='select order_trn.fac_order,order_Trn.article_no from order_trn where order_trn.fac_order like 'N-5%'' EXEC(@sql) Please help thanks Hmmm, do you really need dynamic? select @sql='select order_trn.fac_order,order_Trn.article_no from order_trn where order_trn.fac_order like ''N-5%''' See if the above works, I hope you are aware of SQL Injection.... "Capri" <NoEmail@NoDomain.com> wrote in messag...

Exchange Router Installation 3.0
Hi, I have a 1 fornt end exchange server and 3 backend exchange servers(clustered) where user mailboxes reside. The crmmail box (not CRM user mailbox) created resides on the 1st Exchange server in the cluster. 1- Where will I install my exchange router. On the 1st exchange server in the cluster or the frontend server. 2- During CRM installation, Should I specify the Frontend server name or Backend CRMMail box servername. Please Respond ASAP. Thanks Q Do you have 3 seperate Active-Passive clusters? If so, then you sould install the router on the cluster that has the sink maibox installed ...

Is the Page X of Y Bug Been Fixed in 2007?
I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did they actually fix something in 2007? Jerry This is difficult to tell. Whether Page X of Y works properly or not seems to depend on the combination of Word updates and the printer driver installed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jerry" wrote: > I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't > noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did t...

how to terminate this popup from microsoft office home and studen
how to terminate this popup from microsoft office home and studen What popup would that be? On Feb 7, 10:06=A0pm, m gordon <m gor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to terminate this popup from microsoft office home and studen ...

Updating Office mac 2001 For MacOSX
I need to know how to upgrade Office mac 2001 to run on Mac OSX. It keeps launching Mac 9 to run these programs. I will buy the upgrade, just can't find it? Help! Kristina Office 2001 doesn't work natively in Mac OS X, as you've discovered. The upgrade you want is the upgrade to Office 2004. If you're getting the Standard Edition (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage), here is the product information and a list of sellers that carry the full and upgrade versions. <http://snipurl.com/7i5v> Make sure your computer meets the system requirements before ordering. <h...

FW: Install that corrective pack from the M$
--pafipfbnpqpezf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fgpwzsryup"; type="multipart/alternative" --fgpwzsryup Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rbmlezlbgphvomd" --rbmlezlbgphvomd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to...

I have charts that are only visible when selected, how do I fix?
I have charts on the worksheet, but they are covered in gray unless I select the chart. They also print in gray unless selected. How do I get this formatting turned off? Hi, Use Tools > Options > View and change the setting of Objects to Show All instead of Show Placeholders. Cheers Andy Tony Parks wrote: > I have charts on the worksheet, but they are covered in gray unless I select > the chart. > They also print in gray unless selected. > > How do I get this formatting turned off? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks Andy, i...

How can I install Office 97 on a computer with Windows7?
I tried to install Office 97 on my Windows-7 machine, but keep getting error messages and programs abruptly closing (e.g., when I try to print a Word document). Is there a way to get Office 97 successfully installed on this machine? I need to generate documents and send them to people whose latest version of Office is 97. Hardly likely, so what wrong with using eg Office 2003 and saving docs in the old format? "jhbryan" <jhbryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57657347-B07B-47A0-843C-A8ECF31FA4E0@microsoft.com... > I tried to install Offi...

Error: "customizing security roles" while installing CRM SBE on SB
Just wanted to make sure this could be found in the newsgroup... There is a known bug when installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Small Business on Microsoft Small Business Server R2 Premium (whcih ships with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup) when SP2 of SQL Server 2005 is applied. Symptoms: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://Servername/reportserver. Error: The feature: “Customizing security roles” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. The knowledge base reference can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb...

Percentage Calculations Issue
Hi, Using Reporting Services 2008 I have a matrix for which i have inserted a calculated field. Because there are 0 values in some of the fields, i had to use an IIF expression to ensure no "Divide by Zero" or "infinity results in the calculation". The expression looks like this: Field A = text Field B = text Field C = Summed Numeric Field D = Summed Numeric Field E = Summed Numeric Field F = Calculated IIF Expression (Field C/Field D) - Expression = IIF(Fields!C.Value = 0, 0, (Fields!C.Value / IIf(Fields!D.Value = 0, 1, Fields!D.Value))) Field G = Calcul...

SSRS 2008 get report parameters to work
I want to add report parameters to a sql server report service 2008 that has been generated by the report wizard and have the parameters work. I can get the report parametes to look like they work by doing the following: 1. select view then report data then right click parameters in the report data window. 2. I then select add parameters then enter a 'name' then enter a prompt name and then select data type. 3. I then right click on the dataset and then click dataset properties and then click on parameteres in the dataset properties window and add the parameters I w...

Outlook in Office '02 XP
Hi- I am running Microsoft XP Pro on my PC. I have Microsoft Office '02 XP installed on this same PC. I currently use Outlook Express to manage my Hotmail and other accounts. Is this version of Outlook able to manage Hotmail etc? The problem I'm encountering is this- When I open Outlook to prepare for setting everything up I get the following message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open item. Try again. I'm a little bit familiar with Outlook Connector, but it appears that is only for 2003 and 2007 versions. Is this correct? Any advice? Thanks, D...

my 2 updates wont install
they say important but its to do with microsoft office and stuff but anyone it says error half way through dunno why the error is ''code 646'' george wrote: > they say important but its to do with microsoft office and stuff > but anyone it says error half way through dunno why the error is > ''code 646'' Manual installation of the update(s) work? (Actually visiting the individual web page for each, downloading/saving the patch and running the executable as administrator manually.) Operating System, Service Pack, Architecture (32 or 64-bit...

FRx 6.7 install error
We upgraded to GP v8 about a week ago, everything is working ok now other than FRx on one Windows 2000 workstation. During the install I get: "Error Generated: -2147219990 - Couldn't Write Banner" There's a KB article on Customer Source with the same error that pertains to Solomon regarding an unregistered dao350.dll. I tried to register the dll but I still get the same error. Anyone run into this? I'm experiencing that problem right now, just doing a test install on a Windows 2000 Server machine. The KB article that you referenced didn't help me either. I ...

Problems installing the Norwegian Language Pack.
I've installed the languagepack's msi-file on the server. When I go to Settings and Languages and then try to enable this language it always fails saying : An error has occured. I've restarted the server prior to enabling the language-pack, and no users are using the system. I've also raised the timeout in the web.config file to 1200. Where do I find the real error ? Any ideas how to get the language pack installed ? Kay you need to install the hotfix for that issue . I think its KB 950680 but please check with microsoft support as it was not available publicly. ...

>>>Live Chat Today 10:00amPST:Microsoft Dynamics RMS
Do you have questions about creating and maintaining matrix items in Microsoft Dynamics RMS? Want to learn more about component items, dimension sets, and attributes? Chat with Retail Management System feature experts about these or any other matrix item issues. Sign-up: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx September 13, 2007 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. How can we find out about RMS chat events with a bit longer notice /. Robert "Retail Solutions Team[MSFT]" wrote: >...

how do i activate microsoft office outlook live mail account?
see subject Can you please clarify a few things? Version of Outlook Define Live Mail Account - is that not HOTMAIL? Do you have a paid HOTMAIL account? Or are you asking how to create a mail profile in Outlook? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "belwood" wrote: > see subject Problem may just be nomenclature which does seem to vary between different MS sites and applications. If "Microsoft Office Outlook live mail account" just means hotmail then I understand that. I don't know whether I have a...

Synch Issue
Greetings: I have discovered that when new network folders are created within already synchronized folders, the operation fails. I can not find this issue in the knowledgebase. Advice is sought. Nothing to do with Outlook, I would guess. You are talking about Offline Folders? Does this article help, though? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230738 Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms M. Newsome wrote: > Greetings: > > I have discovered that when new network folders are > created within already synchronized folders, the operatio...