Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use

Sometimes Entourage 10.1.4 shows the message:
"Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use.
A Office program is being used by MYNAME. Your installation exceeds..."

It's crazy because I'm the only user with OSX (10.3.2) and Office X is
installed only on my Mac!!!
It seems that it happens when Entourage run scheduled actions (i.e. Send
and Receive).

Pls help me.

Thanx.

--
Buz

0
anonymous (74722)

No clipart on microsoft site
When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any clipart. Thanks Jo Jo Dude You are supposed to click on that little box below those pictures and then click on download. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jo Dude" <not@here.com> wrote in message news:%23X4JimUbGHA.1008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever > come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any > ...

What is Piggy Bank in MS 2007 Outlook?
Our company just got Microsoft 2007 Office and one of my team members has a button in his Outlook entitled "Piggy Bank", however we're unable to find any information about what it is. Can anyone help explain this? No one else has this on their computers and we can't find out how to add it or remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! He has some addin installed that added it. Look in Tools, trust center, addins. I assume its this thing: http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Piggy_Bank -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Office Reinstall
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I purchased the full version of Office 2008 with my Mac last summer. Everything was working fine until 3 weeks ago when Word disappeared completely. It cannot even be found on the HD. All other applications with Office are still there and functioning fine. I downloaded the trial version of Office 2008 hoping I could do a reinstall (I cannot find the install discs - after moving 3 times this year!). My product key will not work with the trial. Is there anything I can do to get this going again? Thanks in advance. On 10/6/09 5:24 PM, ...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Upgrading Microsoft Office when switching to OSX
I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 in 9.x. Do I have to buy new software to have the version of Office that is compatible with OSX or can I download an upgrade? You can run Office 2001 inside Classic in OS X, or you can purchase Office X or Office 2004 as OS X-native programs. Office 2004 is the latest version. Owning Office 2001 qualifies you for the discount on an upgrade copy, but not for a free new version. On 3/8/05 8:02 PM, "anonymous" wrote: > I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 > in 9.x. Do I ...

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

System Administrator Cannot start Outlook
Trying to start Outlook as I want to syncronise my contacts with my new palm zire 72. Cannot start as I have not configureed it properly and I am not the system administrator. I am using Windows XP and I am the only user on the computer. What do I do to get it going? Please help Jason ...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

Microsoft Office Connector to MSN
I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, I cannot install the Microsoft Office Connector to MSN. I have Outlook Express and it's working fine. Do I "NOW" need to go buy Microsoft Outlook? Doesn't it come with XP or Works? Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them more money. Donna <holyjuicer219@msn.com> wrote: > I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home > Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have > Microsoft Outlook....

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

using program to record audio comment and compress audio to MP3
I can use VBA to record an audio comment into a Word file using Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", _ LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, IconFileName:= _ "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe", IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:="Wave Sound" BUT but by default the file is stored as a PCM at 44kHz and 16 bit stereo whcih is about 200kB per second Sound recorder (which is used to do the recording) allows me to manually convert this to a MP3 and a much smaller file e.g. 3kB per second Is there any way I can aut...

Excel (Office Home & Student 2007)
Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spreadsheet sort alphabetically? How? Question 2. Does anyone know where the updates are for Office? Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5046 (20100421) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Please see "Sort" and "Updates" in Excel Help. Either press F1 or click on the little white and blue question mark in the upper right corner. David Dyke wrote: > Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spr...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

ctrl A should select all in MS Excel 2003
In past versions of MS Excel, the keys [ctrl]&[a] used to select an entire screen. In Excel 2003, pressing it once just selects a table or some specific set of data. I have to press it twice now to select the entire screen. It is not a big deal, but I prefer the original way it worked, hence the name of the fucntion "select ALL". If users would like to select a subset of data, a different set of keys should be used. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#foobar -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany the-temp wrote: > In past versions of MS Ex...