Microsoft Office v. X for Mac 10.1.9 Update

 I have tried to download this several times.  Every time I download
it, I get kicked off of my internet connection.  I use a wireless
connection, so I thought that was the problem.  I connected through a
cable to the internet and it still kicked me off.  I tried it at
school through thier wireless and I was kicked off.  I tried it at my
parent's house both with a cable and wirelessly and I was kicked off.
Why can't I download this without being kicked off the internet?
Secondly, if I can't download it, what will I be missing?

0
baileya82 (1)

In article <1174211402.915471.25060@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 baileya82@gmail.com wrote:

>  I have tried to download this several times.  Every time I download
> it, I get kicked off of my internet connection.  I use a wireless
> connection, so I thought that was the problem.  I connected through a
> cable to the internet and it still kicked me off.  I tried it at
> school through thier wireless and I was kicked off.  I tried it at my
> parent's house both with a cable and wirelessly and I was kicked off.
> Why can't I download this without being kicked off the internet?
> Secondly, if I can't download it, what will I be missing?

Not sure what "being kicked off the internet" means.

Are you literally being disconnected from your ISP? In that case, you
need to resolve it with the ISP.

That sounds unlikely, however, given the number of networks you've
tried.

Is your browser crashing? Are you timing out? What exactly are you
seeing when you're "kicked off"? What browser?

FWIW, downloading and installing that update worked flawlessly for me -
I know that's no help, but it should narrow the scope of the problem a
bit.

Here's what the blurb says about the update:

This update contains several improvements to enhance security and
stability, including fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use
to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
In addition, this update includes all of the improvements released in
all previous Office�v.�X updates.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/18/2007 2:18:19 PM
On 3/18/07 2:50 AM, in article
<baileya82@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have tried to download this several times.  Every time I download
> it, I get kicked off of my internet connection.  I use a wireless
> connection, so I thought that was the problem.  I connected through a
> cable to the internet and it still kicked me off.  I tried it at
> school through thier wireless and I was kicked off.  I tried it at my
> parent's house both with a cable and wirelessly and I was kicked off.
> Why can't I download this without being kicked off the internet?
> Secondly, if I can't download it, what will I be missing?

If Comcast is the ISP provider they are having a problem with the DNS
servers. The fix is to go to the TCP/IP and enter 68.87.64.196 then on the
next line type 68.87.66.196. Click apply and go back to the Microsoft
Macoptia download page and get the update.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page

0
dross1571 (196)

Sub-categories on the X axis
I am trying to graph data from various schools and want to display data from 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05 and so on with the school name under that range of dates. I only want the school name to appear once. The data adjacent to those dates had the school name repeated for each year but when I merge the repeated school names into one field the chart now show only one school name but it is directly under the first data point. I want it to be centered under the dates associated with that particular school. Thanks for your help. What version of Excel? In 97 the behavior was as you describe...

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, G2, 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple days and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions to remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word documents. I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can�t open any of my documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation could not be completed....

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

MS Office 2008 home version with Pro for entourage
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. I have MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. I want to install only word, excel and powerpoint and then separately install Entourage 2008 Pro (as provided by my hosted exchange co.) in order to connect to my exchange server. I have done this before and remember some convoluted errors but it eventually worked. My latest attempt did not. Has there been a change to prevent this from working? ...

Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.
Any idea where i can find Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.(We dont have Microsoft Great Plains License). Thanks Nath Nath -- If you have a Universal subscription to MSDN you are able to download the SDK information for Microsoft Great Plains. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nath" <Nath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB062FF-8C3D-42F8-BA00-0F83A95D5B64@microsoft.com... &g...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Standalone v's Enterprise Root CA's
I'm new to W2K8 CA's and was wondering if someone could please answer my below questions: 1) What are the pro's and con's between a Standalone and an Enterprise Root CA? 2) Does a Root CA always has to been online for NAP with IPsec to work? 3) Does a Root CA have to be online of a Subordinate CA to automatic enrol a certificate to a client? 4) For HA reasons, can you MSCS cluster Subordinate CA's? Cheers, Cosmo Hello Cosmo, I am not the AD CS expert but hopefully this helps to start: 1. See here for details about, applies also for Windows serv...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

Slow backup of Hyper-V R2 cluster
We have a 3 node cluster, with iSCSI storage. The initial replica is quite fast. In the area of 50-80MB/s. But the following backups take a long time. It can take 1-2 hours to backup a VM with just 1-2 GB in change. So we are using about 13-15 hours to backup the 30 VM's we have today Forgot to say that we are using DPM2010 RTM evaluation "Emptyone" wrote: > We have a 3 node cluster, with iSCSI storage. The initial replica is quite > fast. In the area of 50-80MB/s. But the following backups take a long time. > It can take 1-2 hours to backup a VM with j...

X = SHELL
Hi all is there any difference between this.. Shell ("R:\provaclick.exe") and this .. X = Shell ("R:\provaclick.exe") ...? tx ! If you have no need for the return value of Shell (e.g., detecting when the Shell'd program terminates), then the two are the same. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Sat, 15 May 2010 18:05:01 -0700, USH <USH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all is there any difference between this.. > >...

Public folders #9
I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming Can anyone help m thanks "cisca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file. >Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming. >Can anyone help me PFADMIN or PFINFO can do this. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

Won't save office applications, appcrash
Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I have tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but no change. see below for word report, in excel the fault module was given as PROPSYS.dll Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 ...

Lotus123 Millennium Edition 9 to Excel 2003
I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 Thanks Excel does not have a converter for .123 format files so you would have to either convert such files to Excel format or .WK4 format from 1-2-3 or use a conversion program like Conversions Plus (www.datawiz.com). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "NR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:354b01c4aa1b$58c65b90$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. | Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 | Thanks ...

Cdn Payroll July 1 errors
Since the tax update was installed for July 1 for Canadian Payroll, our Detail Range Reports do not have the proper data. I noticed that CPY30260 has not been updated!!! this is not good. I contacted our vendor to see if this is a known issue. There is a round2 tax update that does not affect our province so I have not installed it. I was waiting for round3 which has not been released yet. Is anyone else aware of this? We have not seen any errors during Update Masters. Our YTD amounts and T4 amounts appear to be correct. thanks. never mind "barbola" wrote: > Since the...

FRx 6.7 Compatability with GP 10. 0
Hi, Is FRx 6.7 is campatable with GP 10.0? I have installed Frx 6.7 with and using successfully as local cleint but as requirement I need to run the same Balance Sheet Report which I have created on my client machine want to run on the different client machines withou installing the FRx. Do I need to installed FRx on each client machine? Please give the details. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer Yes. Frx 6.7 is compatible with GP 10.0. Make sure to apply the latest service pack. I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you need to c...

MS Office Excel97: Removing Page Breaks
How do I remove page breaks? For some unknown reason they started appearing on a spreadsheet recently. I see dotted lines dividing up the sheet and large "Page ...." in the background. According to an Office 97 book I have, I should go to Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off. There isn't any. If I right click outside the page area, I see PG menu items but none seem to work. There's also a PB View in the View menu, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything. Weird. -- Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada Cit...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...