Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update

Good evening MVPs

Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update
10.1.5.
It has great news for all Office Users:
"...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel,
and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..."

But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge:

"... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and
Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you
must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..."

I have all the updates in my system, but I don't use Exchange with
Entourage, as this is my home machine, and I don't use it with the company I
work for (VPN / Exchange services.)

My Question is and I think the answer is obvious just to confirm something,
do I really need to install the Exchange update (even if I don't use it or
need it) in order to gain higher stability while using Office X?

Regards

Frank Bruce Cuadra
Costa Rica

0
frbrcr (2)
9/5/2003 1:10:53 AM
mac.office 7017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
375 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

Hi Frank,

At the moment there is no single combined update that brings Office up to
10.1.5 without going through the intermediate steps.  If the past is any
indication of the future then I'd gamble that at some point down the road a
combined update installer will appear. Even if you don't use Exchange Server
the other parts of the update probably makes it worthwhile UNLESS you need
solver in Excel or you save your calendar as a web page in Entourage.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <BB7D3EBD.70A1%frbrcr@mac.com>, Frank Bruce Cuadra
<frbrcr@mac.com> wrote:


>
> Good evening MVPs
>
> Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update
> 10.1.5.
> It has great news for all Office Users:
> "...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel,
> and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..."
>
> But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge:
>
> "... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and
> Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you
> must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..."
>
> I have all the updates in my system, but I don't use Exchange with
> Entourage, as this is my home machine, and I don't use it with the company I
> work for (VPN / Exchange services.)
>
> My Question is and I think the answer is obvious just to confirm something,
> do I really need to install the Exchange update (even if I don't use it or
> need it) in order to gain higher stability while using Office X?
>
> Regards
>
> Frank Bruce Cuadra
> Costa Rica
> 
0
goldkey741 (69)
9/5/2003 1:52:27 AM
Thank you Jim,

I need the additional stability, but I'm not dying to get the Exchange
update. So thank you very much indeed for the insight, I will give Microsoft
some time.

Regards

Frank Bruce Cuadra
Costa Rica.

in article O1UnRB1cDHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Jim Gordon at
goldkey74@hotmail.com wrote on 9/4/03 7:52 PM:

> Hi Frank,
> 
> At the moment there is no single combined update that brings Office up to
> 10.1.5 without going through the intermediate steps.  If the past is any
> indication of the future then I'd gamble that at some point down the road a
> combined update installer will appear. Even if you don't use Exchange Server
> the other parts of the update probably makes it worthwhile UNLESS you need
> solver in Excel or you save your calendar as a web page in Entourage.
> 
> -Jim Gordon
> Mac MVP
> 
> All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
> Thanks.
> 
> About Microsoft MVPs:
> http://www.mvps.org/
> 
> Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
> <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>
> 
> ----------
> In article <BB7D3EBD.70A1%frbrcr@mac.com>, Frank Bruce Cuadra
> <frbrcr@mac.com> wrote:
> 
> 
>> 
>> Good evening MVPs
>> 
>> Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update
>> 10.1.5.
>> It has great news for all Office Users:
>> "...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel,
>> and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..."
>> 
>> But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge:
>> 
>> "... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and
>> Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you
>> must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..."
>> 
>> I have all the updates in my system, but I don't use Exchange with
>> Entourage, as this is my home machine, and I don't use it with the company I
>> work for (VPN / Exchange services.)
>> 
>> My Question is and I think the answer is obvious just to confirm something,
>> do I really need to install the Exchange update (even if I don't use it or
>> need it) in order to gain higher stability while using Office X?
>> 
>> Regards
>> 
>> Frank Bruce Cuadra
>> Costa Rica
>> 

0
frbrcr (2)
9/5/2003 2:22:50 AM
After running MS Office X (SR1) for a while on MAC OS X (10.2.6), the
machine response slowed considerably for no apparent reason, and the console
log eventually recorded the following:

Mac OS X Version 10.2.6 (Build 6L60)

Sep  4 23:31:04 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: Line option
kATSLineIsDisplayOnly has been deprecated. ***

Sep  4 23:31:04 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: ATSUMeasureText
has been deprecated.  Use ATSUGetUnjustifiedBounds instead. ***

I got a control baby!

I got a control baby!

Are the last two lines a hacker message?  (I�m offline, use 56k modem,
checked disks with latest Virex & Norton scans yesterday.)

Then I shut down the computer, restarted and got the following message on
the console log:

Sep  5 01:28:16 ADM-Computer WindowServer[192]: CGXDisableUpdate: Updates
disabled by connection 0x7d03 for over 1.000000 seconds

Sep  5 01:28:23 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: Line option
kATSLineIsDisplayOnly has been deprecated. ***

Sep  5 01:28:23 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: ATSUMeasureText
has been deprecated.  Use ATSUGetUnjustifiedBounds instead. ***

 
The last two log entries occurred immediately on startup, with Office
Notifications auto-start, but don�t see any response problems yet.
Anybody know what's going on????

Alan
-- 


0
bch_alan (14)
9/5/2003 6:03:53 AM
I don't know about the "I got a control baby" bit, but I do know that the
other Console messages you've received involving Office Notifications are
nothing to worry about and didn't cause the slowdowns you saw.  See FAQ
article #186 on The Entourage Help Page for more detail:
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/faqs.html#Anchor-186>

On 9/5/03 1:03 AM, in article BB7D9F89.3E6B%bch_alan@hotmail.com, "Alan
Marcelius" <bch_alan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> After running MS Office X (SR1) for a while on MAC OS X (10.2.6), the
> machine response slowed considerably for no apparent reason, and the console
> log eventually recorded the following:
> 
> Mac OS X Version 10.2.6 (Build 6L60)
> 
> Sep  4 23:31:04 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
> X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: Line option
> kATSLineIsDisplayOnly has been deprecated. ***
> 
> Sep  4 23:31:04 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
> X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: ATSUMeasureText
> has been deprecated.  Use ATSUGetUnjustifiedBounds instead. ***
> 
> I got a control baby!
> 
> I got a control baby!
> 
> Are the last two lines a hacker message?  (I�m offline, use 56k modem,
> checked disks with latest Virex & Norton scans yesterday.)
> 
> Then I shut down the computer, restarted and got the following message on
> the console log:
> 
> Sep  5 01:28:16 ADM-Computer WindowServer[192]: CGXDisableUpdate: Updates
> disabled by connection 0x7d03 for over 1.000000 seconds
> 
> Sep  5 01:28:23 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
> X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: Line option
> kATSLineIsDisplayOnly has been deprecated. ***
> 
> Sep  5 01:28:23 ADM-Computer /Applications/Microsoft Office
> X.1.3/Office/Microsoft Office Notifications: *** Warning: ATSUMeasureText
> has been deprecated.  Use ATSUGetUnjustifiedBounds instead. ***
> 
> 
> The last two log entries occurred immediately on startup, with Office
> Notifications auto-start, but don�t see any response problems yet.
> Anybody know what's going on????
> 
> Alan

-- 
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>
Entourage Help Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/toc.html>

0
9/6/2003 1:27:42 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

outlook 5 to outlook 6
There is no provision to import outlook 5 to 6 within the outlook 6 program.......... only 4 and 6. I need to see my past sent messages. It will not also inport the id files to the in box. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x "Tho B." <blacksax@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:0c4601...

Out of Office Missing
Hi there, I've done the standard troubleshooting for getting the out of office asst. loaded into my tools>options, but it still won't show up. One of the issues says it could that I'm not connected to a Microsoft Exchage Server. I know this is a stupid question (because I just assume I'm connected to an MS Exchange server), but how can I tell? My ISP is Comcast, and then I have my email through the same server as folks in my company who have all used Out of Office successfully (so that would suggest we are using Exchange). We're a small company with remote...

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

microsoft document imaging not installing with windows 7
I have a new computer with Win 7 Pro & have Student Office 2007... The microsoft document imaging "PRINTER" is not installing with windows 7... Any answers to this one? I like the .mdi formats & really want it back<<<<< I have tried reinstall; its a no go... ...

Internet update locks up Money 2004
Haven't been having any problems with money outside of the usual problems that are already well known in this forum, but today I click "Internet Update" and nothing. The call progress indicator opens, shows no indication of the step in progress (such as "Downloading quotes") but the progress indicator shows it is scanning however my status indicator in the task bar shows little if any activity of data being sent and received. After about 8 seconds Microsoft Money 2004 is locked up. I have to shutdown the application via Windows Task Manger. Wasn'...

Automate Update Query Parameters using Macros
Hi I am currently trying to automate a number of databases so that they can be run 'at the push of a button'. The first of these databases contains my master tables which are raw downloads from and antiquated mainframe system. The data comes down in text file format which is then imported into Access Tables. I then run a number of update queries against the tables to convert dates and codes etc into meaningful data. Previously I have run these update queries manually but now intend to use a number of macros to be able to run them at the push of a button. I am mainly using the OpenQu...

Project 2010 04-20-10
How can open a Project 2010 file in Project 2003? Hi BruceD975, hope you are well. Project 2010 provides backwards compatibility, it allows conversion of a schedule to 2007, 2003 and 2000 file formats. However there may be some loss of functionlity in the conversion. To achieve what you are after, if possible, have the 2010 schedule saved as a Project 2000-2003 file format (*.mpp), then it can be opened using Project 2003. To save the schedule in 2003 format from Project 2010: File-> Save As Change the Save As type: drop down list to Microsoft Project 2000 - 2003 (...

Personal.xls blown away in 2003 update.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could recover the personal.xls file? The "winners" in the ITS department updated everyone last night and overwrote directory. Do you have a backup? Do they have a backup? Without a backup, I think you're in trouble. And are you sure they overwrote it? You may want to Windows start button|search for that personal.xls (just in case). drbobsled wrote: > > Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could recover the personal.xls > file? > The "winners" in the ITS department updated everyone last night and...

Pivot Tables 01-22-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>I have a Pivot Table based on a 5,000 row table which creates a 500 item drop-down list of names which is in alphabetical order. <br><br>I would like to be able to type in the first letter of a name into the drop-down list (or any other drop-down list) and then to choose a name from the shortened list of names beginning with that letter. <br><br>So instead of scrolling through 400 names to get to names beginning with &quot;S&quot;, I could just type in &...

CRM 1.2
Is it possible in CRM 1.2 to do one of the following when an account is created 1. create a new case 2. run a process created under Cases ? ...

Sharing Office 2007
Hi. I have two laptops at home. I usually use both, but sometimes my wife uses one. I'd like to have Office 2007 installed on both, but cannot justify the expense. Is it legal to have it installed on both with one license? Thanks. Yes. The retail version is normally licensed for two systems; H&S for 3 systems; VLK on ## numbers of systems while hackers version is licensed to be used on infinite number of systems. A Microsoft Pig (or its sympathizers) will tell you that an OEM version cannot be installed on any systems other than it came with but I buy OEM versions and I ...

Outlook XP exporting into Entourage v.X
Is there anyway to import directly from Outlook XP into the new Entourage v.X? The only outlook that says is capable of direct import is Outlook Express 5. This makes no sense. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

Office 27 Outlook
Hello All , How can you tell if you are running an eval version or a full version. TIA Caesar So "Sweet Home Alabama" <czarrr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJEXvmLSHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello All , > > How can you tell if you are running an eval version or a full version. > > TIA > > Caesar What does help, about say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tip...

Consolidate not updating properly using vba
Hello, I create a code (below) using the macro recorder to refresh the data connection and consolidate the sales figures. My problem is that the code only seems to refresh the data connection, but the data is not consolidating correctly. Now if I go to Data -> Consolidate manually it works fine. How can I have my code work correctly that will consolidate properly. I made sure that I clear the contents before doing the consolidation. Can anyone help me. Thank you in advance. Cheers 'Refresh sales connection ActiveWorkbook.Connections("Query from SalesByDepartment")...

need to convert microsoft date to yyyymmdd
I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date. it shows as 40255-3042 I would like 20100318-3042 Here's my formula: =concatenate(O2,"-",B2) Can anyone help me format the date field I am picking up in column O2? =text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&b2 or maybe... =text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&text(b2,"0000") To make sure that that vendor is 4 digits, too. pm wrote: > > I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date. > > it shows as 40255-3042...

Can I update all CmdUIs in my windows ?
Hello Please do you know, when one of my commands needs to be disabled, how can I update all poped-up menus and all toolbars in all windows for that command ? Actualy I have a sort of a menu implemented in some library which takes a Win32 menu handle and displays a custom pop-up menu which I need to update but don't have a handle to. So I was wondering if there is another way to update the UI based on the ID of a command Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania Have you looked at ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;97693 Andy Mortime...

Exchange 5,5
System Attendant service is not available. Please help me, what i must do What is the error in the Event Viewer? -- Regards, Hank Arnold <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:457f01c3b1e1$caa429a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > System Attendant service is not available. > Please help me, what i must do Hi, In Event Viewer no errors, and when I change or modify Microsof Internet Mail system shows : The MSExchangeSA service is not available. ID no C1031668, and i check all steps in knowledge in page 171049 - XDAM Error Msg. Trying to Modify E-mail Addres...

cannot receive email on Microsoft Outlook
unable to locate an article to assist me in clearing my email...........a large email is blocking all my receiving of any email. Error report C:/windows/applications data/microsoft /ourlook/outlook.pst. Please assist me in removing this large email that is blocking my accout! your prompt attention is greatly appreciated! thank you in advance Jacquelene Johnston 858/451-9573 jacqjag@san.rr.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Including your real address in a Usenet message is a bad idea, unless you LIKE junk mail. > unable to locate an article to assist me in clearin...

microsoft photo editor
when I try to open a jpeg file larger than 862kb's I get an error that is saying, the image is too large (too many bytes) is there a fix for this or a work around Try going here...see what you can find. There is a section of resolutions. Good Luck! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-US% 3Bq169938 >-----Original Message----- >when I try to open a jpeg file larger than 862kb's I get >an error that is saying, the image is too large (too many >bytes) is there a fix for this or a work around >. > ...

Formula Help 03-01-10
I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. A B 1 1/2/10 Dan 2 1/5/10 Dan 3 1/10/10 Perry 4 2/3/10 Perry 5 2/7/10 Dan 6 2/12/10 Perry Answer = 2 for January & 1 for February -- Thanks! PIVOT table is the right tool for this. "mahlandj" wrote: > I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. > > A ...

Need to obtain Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Media (CD)
I am licensed for Exchange 2003 Enterprise so I can legally install Exchange 5.5 Enterprise, but since it is discontinued I cannot purchase the media from Microsoft. I also cannot find it in the channel anywhere. Where can this be found? I'm at the 16GB limit on Exchange 5.5 Standard but don't want to jump full bore into Exchange 2003 until we're fully ready, so I'm desperate to get 5.5 Enterprise installed. Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Have you called MS? If you're licenseed you should be able to get replacement media... "Tomahawk" <tomahawk@catalini.o...

Email Template not getting Updated.
When I tried to edit and save "Title" field of Email Template it throws error with message :"Server was unable to process request." ,"Unexpected type for the property". Is there a way to edit and save this field? ...

Import pdf files to MS Office and MS Paint
Dear Microsoft Windows Panel, Would like Microsoft Paint to read .pdf files so that it what one of the image files accepted. It would read them as raw bitmap, page after page on the vertical allowing us to choose the percentage of zoom, and 100% being the size of a photocopy papaer. Also it would have a wizard asking us if you wanted to create a folder with an index.html and all the pages in seperate files in your image format of preference. Also one could save any bitmap in pdf format which would center it in a pdf the size of A4, page after page. Thanks. Regards, Daniel Ale...

Out Of Office Replies
If I am a member of a distribution list that receives multiple emails daily; however, I do not want them to know when I am out of the office is there a way to create a rule that any emails from senders to the distribution list not receive an out of office reply currently using Outlook 2003 "Sondra" <Sondra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C6C8AB9-78DC-431D-BEF7-B07A8439D3E7@microsoft.com... > If I am a member of a distribution list that receives multiple emails > daily; > however, I do not want them to know when I am out of the offic...

Office 12 Type Interface Implementation
Hi, Microsoft just released some screenshots for Office 12. http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/pdc2005_office12_01.asp Looks like the menus and toolbars have been merged into one. I was just wondering if the same could be accomplished within the existing MFC framework. -- EventStudio 2.5 - http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio Generate Sequence diagrams from a simple declarative language My guess is that this will *not* happen in standard MFC, but you will see it quickly added to libraries from: http://www.codejock.com http://www.bcgsoft.com http://www.theultimatetoolbox.com/ Even ...