Microsoft Office "Database Corrupt" message

I need some help here.  Recently, I got a "Database Corrupt" error
message when running any MS Office 2004 program.  I then tried to
rebuild the database but I got an "end of file" error. However, all my
email files etc are intact.

Meanwhile, my "login" keychain is missing, and I had to repair it with
Keychain Firstaid.

The corrupt database message won't go away.  What should I do?
Thanks,

sean

ps. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.7

0
mcfate (1)

Event 448 Database Corruption
I have a exchange server which have this error. However, we dont discover it, it at error come at leaat 1 year before( we haven't a procedure to keep log,just let it delete,so we dont know the exactly time), because we can backup successful with backupExec, so we did't notice it. I search in google and microsoft. I found the follow article to solve it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810197 but the problem is that I have not enough harddisk space to do Give more information first Server A, install exchange, 1 store, around 30G, the partition is around 50G Server B, backup Server many...

How to solve "Database Corruption ID 447"
Sometimes I get error Information Store (5984) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -327) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 205, PgnoRoot: 604) of database X:\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\VIP.edb (1813406 => 1813407, 1812551). On our Exchange 2003/SP1 Ent. Is it possible to solve this problem by moving mailboxes to another mailbox store on the same server server, then deleting this "bad" VIP store? If no, what is other way to solve this problem? We do not have a 2 month's backup. How bad is this error at all? First time it appeared month ago, then yesterday. -- Ge...

Event ID 447 : Database Corruption
Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 A full backup of the Exchange database was successfully completed on Sunday 1st October. On Wednesday 4th October the following event appeared in the Application Log: Source: ESE Category: Database Corruption Event ID: 447 Information Store (4492) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 102777, PgnoRoot: 2434583) of database G:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\WHG.edb (2434583 => 413622, 0). Microsoft Article ID: 810190 recommended that a restore be done as soon as possible. A restore was successfu...

Database Corruption 04-28-10
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a colleague with a .db of around 16Gb. No matter how many times I rebuild the database it still says it is corrupt after a short while. <br> I have deleted the notifications plist file as I have heard that Entourage can give false information about the database when it is actually fine. Ran the utility again to verify and it says it has detected some corruption. <br> I think it is email she has received that is causing this, but how do i identify where it is? <br&g...

Database corruption with Exchange 2003 on Win2k
Since upgrading to Exchange 2003 + Exchange SP1 on Win2k Server I keep getting database corruption. First symptom was Veritas Backup Exec faiing to backup the Public Folder store. Since that in itself is not unusual went through all the hoops of ensuring its permissions were OK. Finally tried an NT Backup, that failed as well. Ran eseutil /g on offending database, database corrupt. Rehomed database to Exchange 2000 server on Win2k. Database OK, backup OK. Repaired/defragged/integrity check on now unused Exchange 2003 server OK. Replicated store back to 2003 server. Backup failed, database...

Database corruption
I'm using Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. This is the fourth time my database has gone corrupt since December. After the db is replaced or repaired everything is fine for a month or two and then the db is corrupt again. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I don't need any help with recovery(I could do it in my sleep at this point), just to figure out what is causing the corruption. I've checked my AV software and all the correct files and folders are excluded from scans. No hardware errors. Information Store (248) First Storage Group: A bad page link (erro...

Database corruption 02-02-10
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I have been using Entourage 2004 for years without trouble. All of a sudden today, it told me it couldn't access my data, and that I should rebuild the database. I clicked OK and the Database Utility launched. When I select &quot;Rebuild Database&quot; and hit Continue, it spins for a bit and then tells me there is an I/O error. So I can't rebuild the database, and can't use my email. Can someone please help me? On 2/2/10 2:39 PM, in article 59bb2219.-1@webcrossing.JaKIax...

Entourage database corruption?
I am using Missing Sync version 2.03 for Mac OSX Tiger. I FINALLY WAS able to get calendar, contacts and tasks to sync, however notes are not syncing. I am syncing to a BlackBerry Curve 8330m. I tried to downgrade to 2.02 but that caused more problems so I upgraded again. No matter what I do the notes will not sync to Entourage. However the BB notes will sync to Mark Spaces notes program called "Mark Space NoteBook" I am thinking this may be a Entourage database corruption somewhere but am not sure. Entourage notes CANNOT use sync services besides .mac/mobileme is that righ...

Recurring database corruption
Hello All I really hope someone can help with this because it's driving me nuts - and costing me many hours of lost time. I am using A2K with W2K Professional. I have a complex FE/BE split mdb, and am making regular changes to the FE - to the forms, reports, etc. Recently, after some changes, even though I have recompiled, I am finding that, on closing and reopening the mdb, it's become corrupt: I get a message that 'visual basic for applications has become corrupt ...'. I have so far been unable to acertain exactly what changes make this happen - most changes don&...

Exchange database corrupted we want to play on the log files
Hello, Our exchange 2000 server corrutped recently, we managed to recovered some data by using eseutil. Since the IS backup was half month ago, we tried to restore it from the system full backup. we use ntbackup to backup the full system. the problem we found was that the backup file (.bkf) also corrupt, now if we can restore some log files from the backup, can we play on the log to get some emails back? Regards George If you're running on a database that's more recent than the backed-up one, then no. However, you might be able to build a recovery server, copy the log ...

Database Size, Database Corruption, Message Store & Storage Group
We're just recovering from an Exchange disaster. We discovered that we could not get database backups off of two of our four storage groups. We then discovered we were down one drive in our RAID 5 array. Then we discovered that we could not rebuild onto a new drive, probably due to issues on a second drive. We then attempted to save as much data as we could by exmerging data out of the two damaged stores and moving mailboxes to a second server. In the midst of this, the server crashed and would not reboot. We've since rebuild and recovered what we could, but we want to kn...

Database Corruption
I have been experiencing a lot of BE corruption recently. Usually, a compact and repair fixes the problem but occassionally it doesn't. The latest one found today had a table with a Null record, even the primary key field. I didn't think Access would allow a Null in a primary key field...how could this happen? I checked some recent backups and this Null record is present in all backups going back 7 days. Compact and repair has been run on this BE during the last week (or so I am told) but it didn't pick up this anomaly. I do intend to check everything that Allen Browne has ...

A97 bug: database corruption
After non-specified user's activity we've got "Record(s) can't be read; no read permissions on 'MsysModules2'" error. I went to MS KB, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170696 ... but the database I'm talking about was not secured.User has a backup copy of the database but I'd like to know if there's any chance to restore the data from the corrupted database.TIAVlado "Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote > After non-specified user's activity we've got "Record(s) > can't be read; no read permissions on 'M...

SAM Database Corrupt
Hi, I have a SBS 2008 std server that suddenly decided to forget all of the user passwords, in short the SAM database has gone bad on me. Can anyone suggest the best (read least destructive) way to recover form this. I'm going to attempt to boot into Active Directory recovery mode but any suggestions would be most welcome. -- KenMoran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KenMoran's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158265.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1275212.htm http://forums.t...

simulate database corruption
want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to simulate a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+2003. thanks A hex edit of the database will corrupt it. "Ericb" <Ericb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns962CA7953F621Ericbhotmailcom@194.168.222.125... > want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to simulate > a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into > exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+200...

Office 2004 Database corrupt message
Hi I have office 2004 service pack 1, on OSX 10.3.6 Office keeps coming up with a message saying "Office database is damaged" while working in Entourage, Excel, Word or Powerpoint. Any ideas why this keeps happenning? What can I do to fix it? I reformated my computer and reinstalled Office 2004. Please help Hi, Hold down the "option" key when you start Entrouage. You should be prompted with choices about rebuilding the database. Start with the least drastic rebuild first. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Th...

Database corruption :-(
Hi, Regarding Exchange 2003. I had problems replicating public folders to exch 2007. I ran eseutil and it reported that the database was corrupted. However, the database still mounts fine. After I did a 'eseutil /p' and it reported that the database corruption was fixed, the database now doesn't mount anymore. Eventlog reported: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1127 Date: 25-12-2006 Time: 1:28:43 User: N/A Description: Error 0xfffff9bb configuring the database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store". For...

is this a sign of database corruption
i am running exchagne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003, I am starting see erros in the application log that say "An inconsistency was detected in dmcmaster@nwpsc.com: /Calendar/Monthly Operations Review.EML. The calendar is being repaired. If other errors occur with this calendar, please view the calendar using Microsoft Outlook Web Access. If a problem persists, please recreate the calendar or the containing mailbox". I am not running any file level AV on the machine. What could be causing this? Many thanks for any advice on this On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:42:27 -0700, "skip&...

MSAccess 2007 database corruption
One of our program which is in all the computers( having different operating system ) has accdb file as backend database. Multiple operations such as saving, deleting, adding etc. are done simoultaneously. During this the database gets corrupted periodically resulting in unrecodnised database format error or records having #ERROR and loss of data. If we compact and repair the database we loose the precious data. The product is developed using microsoft visual basic 6.0 and our development team put in regorous effort in finding out the cause to the problem and hence came out with certa...

Database Corruption
This is for the third time in a month our Exchange information store has become corrupted. We are receiving following erros in our event log. Information Store (3748) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -327) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 342, PgnoRoot: 3938) of database D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb (232410 => 232411, 233243). I have fixed the database using Eseutil and Isinteg commands twice. Only other error we receive in event log is "Error code 0x50d when preparing for backup. " The first corruption message allways happens around mi...

2002 database corrupt and unuseable after upgrading to Access 2003
I'm seeking advice on an Access 2002 database with VBA code which will not open in Access 2003. The database was operating successfully under Access 2002, and was compacted and repaired before the 2003 upgrade was installed. It is a single-user database still under development; there are several backup copies, all displaying these symptoms. The database has an autostart form which displays a few seconds, then closes and launches the main switchboard. Launching in 2003 generates the Microsoft Visual Basic message while the form displays: "An error occurred while loading 'Re...

Database corrupted
I have 3 mailbox store and 1 public store on my exchange server. One mailstore does not mount. It was working perfectly till last fri. I tried to take full backup on fri and got error. when I checked the report the .stm file for this mailstore was corrupted but still the mail store mounted without error. Then I tried to run eseutil /p for stm but got 1022 error. After that I cannot mount the database also. I ran eseutil /mh on that database file and it shows State: Dirty Shutdown I cannot shutdown all the services as this is the only exchange server and my transaction logs are increas...

Exchange Database Corruption
I am running the Exchange Server 2000 SP3 Exchange database backup returned the following error (I am using the CA Brightstor Backup 11.1) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupEnd failed." Brick level backup (CA Brightstor Backup 11.1) works well. No errors are generated. NT Exchange backup returned the following error: WARNING: Portions of “\Mailbox Store (MAIL)” cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete During database backup, (with ether NT Exchange or CA backup software) application log fills with the following events: Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE E...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

Database corrupts several times a day.
I have a database application that is all in one mdb file and is shared by several users on a network. It is constantly corrupting several times a day. There is one main form that has many subforms. If I split the data out to a separate file and link the tables it runs extremely slow. Can anyone help me with a suggestion? Thanks Hi Yvonne, It's highly recommended to split the database. The corruption you're experiencing is probably due to the fact that you have multiple users using unsplit database. Check out Tony Toew's site below to deal with performance: http://www.gra...