Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document

Hi guys!

I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want
to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little
coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to
save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen
resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720
x 400 the program begins to work without problems.

The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC  display, but
the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to
change the video input, and then I found out that the problem is the
screen Resolution. The problem is that working using a s-video adapter
is really a mess.

Do any of you guys, know a possible solution/tip to help solve the
problem, to use MO with a 640 x 480 Resolution? Do you know why the
resolution represent a problem when saving any Office document? I don't
have any trouble with other programs at all.

The computer I'm using is a Mini Mac, G4, 256 Mhz Ram, 80 Gb HD, and
the LCd display is a Samsung LCD TV LW2021MC.

Beforehand I'll appreciate any help/support you can give to me.

Thank you very much!!

Yours sincerely,

Bernardo

--B_3210719934_30619912

On 9/27/05 11:36 PM, in article
1127889384.077428.302890@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Bernie"
<bernardoot@yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want
> to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little
> coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to
> save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen
> resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720
> x 400 the program begins to work without problems.
>
> The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC  display, but
> the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to
> change the video input, and then I found out that the problem is the
> screen Resolution. The problem is that working using a s-video adapter
> is really a mess.
>
> Do any of you guys, know a possible solution/tip to help solve the
> problem, to use MO with a 640 x 480 Resolution? Do you know why the
> resolution represent a problem when saving any Office document? I don't
> have any trouble with other programs at all.
>
> The computer I'm using is a Mini Mac, G4, 256 Mhz Ram, 80 Gb HD, and
> the LCd display is a Samsung LCD TV LW2021MC.
>
> Beforehand I'll appreciate any help/support you can give to me.
>
> Thank you very much!!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Bernardo

Microsoft Office 2004 requires 1024x768 resolution as stated in the System
Requirements located here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=sysreq

If you are using an unsupported resolution your mileage may vary.

Thanks,
Rebecca
Rebecca Harriss
Microsoft Corporation
Macintosh Business Unit, Entourage Test

This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--B_3210719934_30619912

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>On 9/=
27/05 11:36 PM, in article 1127889384.077428.302890@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups=
..com, &quot;Bernie&quot; &lt;bernardoot@yahoo.com.mx&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco, Courier New"><=
SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'>Hi guys!<BR>
<BR>
I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want<BR>
to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little<BR>
coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to<BR>
save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen<BR>
resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720<BR>
x 400 the program begins to work without problems.<BR>
<BR>
The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC &nbsp;display, bu=
t<BR>
the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to<BR>
change the video input, and then I found out that the problem is the<BR>
screen Resolution. The problem is that working using a s-video adapter<BR>
is really a mess.<BR>
<BR>
Do any of you guys, know a possible solution/tip to help solve the<BR>
problem, to use MO with a 640 x 480 Resolution? Do you know why the<BR>
resolution represent a problem when saving any Office document? I don't<BR>
have any trouble with other programs at all.<BR>
<BR>
The computer I'm using is a Mini Mac, G4, 256 Mhz Ram, 80 Gb HD, and<BR>
the LCd display is a Samsung LCD TV LW2021MC.<BR>
<BR>
Beforehand I'll appreciate any help/support you can give to me.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you very much!!<BR>
<BR>
Yours sincerely,<BR>
<BR>
Bernardo<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco, Courie=
r New"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'fo=
nt-size:12.0px'>Microsoft Office 2004 requires 1024x768 resolution as stated=
 in the System Requirements located here: <a href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/=
mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=3Dsysreq">http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=
=3Dsysreq</a><BR>
<BR>
If you are using an unsupported resolution your mileage may vary.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Rebecca<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><FONT FA=
CE=3D"Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">Rebecca Harriss <BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><FONT C=
OLOR=3D"#0000FF">Microsoft Corporation<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000">Macintosh Business Unit</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#80=
0080">, <B>Entourage </B>Test<BR>
</FONT><BR>
This posting is provided &#8220;AS IS&#8221; with no warranties, and confer=
s no rights.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#800080"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><BR>
</FONT></SPAN>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3210719934_30619912--

0
rharriss (12)

Office Tools in 2010
I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools quite often. Are they included in any version of 2010? Thank you. Some are. Which specific tools are you looking for? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JJG" <not@anwhere.com> wrote in message news:ODvL4$76KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools ...

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Auto complete in Excel (Office) 2003
Is it possible to increase the *memory* of autocomplete?? I notice in the columns that excel will attempt to autocomplete if the text has been used in the last 100 or so cells (i think). What I would like is it to attempt to remember , say, 500 cells back. Is this possible?? Have I explained myself well enough? :-) Cheers Bob Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

Language Support for all Office 2000 programs
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm not finding any language support downloads for Office 2000. Does anyone have a specific link to send me to, so that I can do this? I have important documents that I have to print, but I recently got a new PC with 64-bit Vista. I loaded my 200 Office Suite on the PC, but it no longer is supporting the foreign language that I have throughout my documents. I just get block shapes instead. I need help. Thanks. Start here Deploying Office 2000 with Additional Language Resources http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2000/HA011383...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...