Microsoft Office 98 (education version)

I have a power mac G3 beige which I have the Microsoft
Office 98 (education version) installed in the computer. I
recently purchased a power mac G4 and when I install
Microsoft Office 98 into the G4 computer it read that I
need to have an update within 10 days. At that time I did
not have the funds to purchase the updated version yet.
Now, I have the funds to purchase the updated version. My
question is should I just installed the software into my G4
again then click on update. Then go on from there or any
additional information will be helpful. Thanks.

Office 2010 Technical Beta released today
Hi all - Just popping in to let you all know that the Office 2010 Technical Beta has been released and that we have a new blog post up with highlights of Publisher 2010. You can read all about it and see a couple of pictures at: http://blogs.msdn.com/controlpanel/blogs/posteditor.aspx?SelectedNavItem=Posts&sectionid=11516&postid=9832028 Thanks for reading! I hope to see lots of feedback and comments from everyone. -- Cherie Ekholm Senior Test Lead Publisher This goes to a link where access is denied. Would you mind posting something a bit more useful? Thanks. Craig Cherie ...

Change the language of Office X Mac
Hi there. I got Office X with my mac and cause I bought it its in german. But I would like to have the english version instead. Is there a patch or something to change the menu and dialoges to english? Greetings Tiron Tiron Banes <tiron.banes@gmx.net> wrote: > Hi there. > > I got Office X with my mac and cause I bought it its in german. But > I would like to have the english version instead. Is there a patch > or something to change the menu and dialoges to english? Nope. YOu can't do that. THe only option is to uninstall the German version and install a US...

how to activate the trial version of Windows 2008 server R2
I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to know how to or where I can activate the trial version for having the 180 day periode to evaluate it . Regards . "Luis" <Luis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4861819C-0427-45A5-83B8-8A01E45F160D@microsoft.com... > I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to > activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to > know how to or where I can acti...

how can I create a newsletter using microsoft publisher?
I am completely new to using microsoft publisher and I need quick and easy instructions for creating a newslette. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. The newletter is for a community youth group located in Los Angeles. I just need basic instructions for getting started. Thanks. Select File, New and the Wizard will come up. From the Wizard, select one of the Newsletter sample. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7071C57-C525-4C11-BCA8-E67496F17079@microsoft.com... >I am completely new to using microsof...

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed
Hi all I'm reploying our existing crm 3.0 install and during the setup I get the above mentioned error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT : 0x80042F0A I have looked at the logs but they dont tell me much more that what is displayed on screen. And on the web there are a handful of posts but most have no reponse and the ones that do have suggestions either dont work or dont really apply. Can anyone suggest a possible reason for this problem or recommend a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Simon ...

Office Documents Won't Open with 12.1 Update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC After updating Office 2008 with the 12.1 update, I can no longer open Word or Excel documents that were created on PC's simply by double-clicking them. When a document is double-clicked in Word, it opens a blank document. When an Excel document is double-clicked, it opens the program and the formatting palette. (If I then click on the Excel icon in my dock, it opens a blank spreadsheet.) After double-clicking a document icon, and getting the application to open to a blank document, I can then go under the file me...

Out of Office in OWA
It seems that when user log into OWA they do not get a message indicating they are set to Out of Office. In Outllook this seems to work fine but OWA doesn't show the prompt. I'm sure it used to. Is there somewhere I can check on this or a setting that may have been changed? Thanks. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:28:56 -0700, "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It seems that when user log into OWA they do not get a message indicating >they are set to Out of Office. In Outllook this seems to work fine but OWA >doesn't show the prompt. I'm...

Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 features
Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How do you save an e-mail as a draft? Hit command-S? Right-click the new message toolbar and select Customize to add the Save icon back. Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be > gone. How do you save an e-mail as a draft? There is no "SAVE" or "Save As" icon to add to the toolbar OK, figured it out, you have to edit the Toolbar once you create a new message first. Thanks. In article <ee8a708.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh...

office 2000 outlook network , is there a email notification icon.
i have no emil icon notification on my status bar , if iam working in a different window how do i know i got mail? new at it <new at it@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have no emil icon notification on my status bar , if iam working > in a different window how do i know i got mail? You don't state what version of Outlook and you don't state what version of Windows. For OL 2003, click Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options and put a check in the "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" box. If that box is already ceck...

how do i switch off template help in microsoft excel?
template help stays open on the right side of the screen. If I close it...it opens again when I open another page. I believe... Tools - Options - View, uncheck "show startup task pane" -- Best Regards, Luke M "davwes1" <davwes1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A221EFF7-DBE5-44DF-AB8C-A89B08D41098@microsoft.com... > template help stays open on the right side of the screen. If I close > it...it > opens again when I open another page. Help>Online Content Settings. Uncheck "Show Template Help etc." G...

Install Office
Hi, I would like to install Office 2003 on a Windows XP Embedded client, with minimal space on the system disk. However, there is a second disk, a harddrive with more than enough space. I tried to install on that second disk, but is seems that there is a lot of space needed on the system disk also. So setup stops with an error 'there is not enough space on c disk'. Is there a solution to install office with minimal use of the system disk? Sounds like the creation of the MSOCache folder is stopping the installation process. You can control which local (fixed) dri...

Pub 98 and Paper Creep
I use Pub 98 to make business cards for our consultants and print on an HP DeskJet 960C color printer. I print one card 10 times on a sheet, and they break into 10 separate cards. The dimensions are 2 columns by 5 rows. The first four rows print fine, but the fifth doesn't advance sufficiently through the printer, so it prints higher than it should, causing me to throw out the last two rows (4 cards). Any idea what might be going on here? Thanks in advance, Gary S. Sounds like a printer problem. Try this as a test. Create a table with 10 rows and one column. Size the table to be 10 in...

Office 2007 + formatting cells
I have a cell with 6 numbers in for example 098737. Excel deletes the zeros off from the cell, when i right click format cells and go to custom i change general to 000000 but it changes it to chinese? Can anyone help please? Neil, The quickest way to keep the formatting is to put an apostrophe in front of your number. Like this: '098737 When you hit enter, Excel formats the cell as text and keeps your leading zero. HTH. "Neil Holden" wrote: > I have a cell with 6 numbers in for example 098737. > > Excel deletes the zeros off from the cel...

Office 2001
In trying to download the Office 2001 combo update it opens in 9.2, then = I=20 get a message that "The default location required for this install could = not=20 be found. This install will be cancelled." What does this really mean? = If i=20 wanted to uninstall Office 2001 and reinstall and then reinstall the = various=20 updates piecemeal- what would happen to my email account=20 information, messages and address book? Would this all be deleted and=20 have to be reinstalled from scratch? I'm running 10.3.3 on a G4. The=20 components of Office 2001 seem to be version 10.4 or 10...

Microsoft CRM Server Setup problem
Hi, I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM server 1.2 on W2K3 and get following installation error during install: "Setup was unable ot install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14)." More information: CRM server 1.2 was installed on that computer before, but I uninstalled the old installation of CRM Server, reinstalled SQL Server 2000, applied sevice SQL server service pack 3, deleted OU from AD, and tried to install CRM server again, but last installatio...

Office 2003 with Business contact manager.
I am using Maximizer 7 and cannot import the data files into the Business contact manager component of Outlook. Any suggestions? Regards Carlos ...

Leopard Upgrade triggered Office "test drive"
After loading Leopard on to existing iMac, with Office 2004 already installed, I am unable to open word or excel documents, error message says my thirty day trial "test drive" has expired. Do I have to completely uninstall 1) Office, 2) Test drive only and 3) how do I act as administrator if do not have .mac account (that's when I was "rejected" from deleting just "test drive")? On November15Thursday11/15/07 4:10 PM, in article 27c97f31-a661-404c-a5c4-2e820177b573@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com, "jjqswim@gmail.com" <jjqswim@gmail.com> wrote: &...

Out of office auto reply misbehaving
Hi, We have an issue with a users Out Of Office Auto Reply. I will try and explain what is happening. User1 has access to User2's incoming meeting requests and can reply to these on User2's behalf. This is set up client end through > Tools > Options > Delegates. The problem occurs when User1 turns on the Out Of Office Assistant on. Then when any user sends a meeting request to User2 they will receive an Out Of Office Autoreply from User1. Is this how Microsoft have designed their product or is it an issue someone has overcome before? Any help appreciated. Thank you Neil ...

"Get/Change" Error message Safe Pay
We recently completed upgrading a customer from version 8 to version 10. We get the following error message when we reload transactions in safe pay. "A get/change first operation on table "ME_Void_Checks" failed accessing SQL data. Any help appreciated. Thanks Russ ...

Microsoft Money 2007 #2
Recently purchased Microsoft Money 2007 online from Microsoft and downloaded to my PC. Installation was normal with no issues on operating system Win XP SP 2. I used Money 2003 before. Money 2007 state previous money files except for 98/99 can be opened. The files will be converted to Money 2007 format but backups of previous files would be stored. When I went through this process Money 2007 store the backups but come up with a error stating the Money 2003 files cannot be opened in Money 2007. No reason is given. Can anybody advice me what could possibly be the problem. I thought maybe i...

Trial Version Download Missing from MS Site?
I saw the download link for the 05 trial version yesterday, but for some reason I can't find it today (Sunday)anywhere on the $05 web site. I would like to try this program out before buying. What's the link for a trial version? I didn't think the trial was yet available - the option to download to buy online is on the MS site though (personally don't recommend that option). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes o...

Microsoft Picture Manager 2003
When on final page selection before printing Photos, Is there any way to prevent the " Crop and rotate to fit " which is happening unnecessary, especially in 4 X 6'' album prints. Once you get the picture cropped and adjusted, It still crops the photo, no matter which way you rotate it. 27 - 4 - 10 -- Srus Picture Manager has nothing to do with printing Photos, that's handled by Windows Photo Printing Wizard. You can either configure and save the picture as a temporary picture before (ensuring you make it exactly the right size) or use a 3rd party pro...

Address syncrhonisation between different Ex versions?
We are running Ex2003Sp1. We have an associated agency that is running Ex2k. Users in each organisation want to see the contact addresses from the other organisation in the GAL. We have no need to exchange any other information (ie public folders). We have major filewall constraints between us that makes the simplest transport mechnism to get approval for SMTP (as we already let it through). What is the simplest way to sync address info between the Orgs? I used Interorg in an early incarnation between Ex55. sites years ago but I have no experience of it since then. Most of the tech info I can...

Office 10.1.5 update won't print
Since installing the 10.1.5 update, no MS Office doc will print via EtherNet to the school printer. Appleworks, Safari, etc, still work, but Office Docs seem to hang - they won't even go through to the print center app. Any ideas. In article <45e39df.0309081621.10c1b9aa@posting.google.com>, pdavies@cobweb.com.au (Paul Davies) wrote: > Since installing the 10.1.5 update, no MS Office doc will print via > EtherNet to the school printer. Appleworks, Safari, etc, still work, > but Office Docs seem to hang - they won't even go through to the print > center app. > &...

OFFICE 2007 installation with NO DISC
how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key of the version i boght have lost the disc How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Tim wrote: > how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key > of the version i boght have lost the disc "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E77A079B-06B5-44FF-BF1E-504BA831B8C5@microsoft.com... > how can / where can ...