Microsoft Office 2008 WILL NOT INSTALL!!

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

For some odd reason, I can't install Microsoft office. I enter the product key and select the destination. Then i click install but it doesn't do anything! It stops for a second and just stays there. What is going on? Can i fix this?

On 7/5/09 7:10 PM, in article 59b7798f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"illmatic87@officeformac.com" <illmatic87@officeformac.com> wrote:

> For some odd reason, I can't install Microsoft office. I enter the product key
> and select the destination. Then i click install but it doesn't do anything!
> It stops for a second and just stays there. What is going on? Can i fix this?

Are you in an Admin account? Did you quit all applications before running
the installer>

Dos and Don'ts for a good install

<http://tinyurl.com/6cmyyc>

Check List to troubleshoot your install

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/install_08.html#checklist>

--
Diane

Funny thing is I can't even check if I'm an Admin account because my laptop is so messed up. Every time i click accounts in system preferences, it crashes. But I'm pretty sure that I'm an admin since no one else uses my laptop.

It worked before I reformatted the laptop so it's just really weird.
You won't have much success installing Office or any other complex software
until you get the laptop running correctly. It sounds like you have rather
serious problems if it crashes when you access System Prefs. Before you make
any further effort to install Office concentrate on getting the Mac running
properly. Contact Apple Support of Apple Discussions if necessary:

http://www.apple.com/support/

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/6/09 12:55 AM, in article 59b7798f.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"illmatic87@officeformac.com" <illmatic87@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Funny thing is I can't even check if I'm an Admin account because my laptop is
> so messed up. Every time i click accounts in system preferences, it crashes.
> But I'm pretty sure that I'm an admin since no one else uses my laptop.
>
> It worked before I reformatted the laptop so it's just really weird.

> Funny thing is I can't even check if I'm an Admin account because my laptop is so messed up. Every time i click accounts in system preferences, it crashes.

In System Preferences (before clicking Accounts), try going to Security, then check the box to "Require password to unlock each secure system preference", then close and and re-open System Preferences and see if you can open Accounts without the crash.

I would also go to Utilities (in Finder, in Go menu, or in the Applications folder) and then run Disk Utility, then select your hard drive and then go to the First Aid tab/pill and click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button and after that is finished, see if you can't install Office.
erased the HDD and did a clean install and it worked =\ thanks for the help anyway!