Microsoft Office 2007 Access equivalent in Mac Office 08

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm taking an introduction to computers class that's covering Microsoft Office 2007. I work on a PC at school but, do my homework and exercises on my Mac at home in Mac Office 2008. We are starting Access this coming week and I'm wondering if there's a Mac Office 2008 program that is similar to Access I can use. Can anyone help?

Sorry, but Access is not available for Macs. There are other relational
database programs but I seriously doubt that any of them will serve as a
substitute for classroom assignments especially since none of them employ a
User Interface that's anything like what Office 2007 has implemented. You'd
actually have to be learning two different programs. That would be more
confusing than beneficial... And even if the data were portable between the
2, Access Objects such as Forms & Reports wouldn't be.

Depending on how long this class is you might do well to consider investing
in Parallels or Vmware Fusion to run a 30-Day Trial of Office 2007 - or
purchase the live package - in order to run it on your Mac. There are a
number of differences between Excel 2007 & 2008 which may prove to be
obstacles as well depending on what the class covers. Mac Excel 2008 is more
directly comparable to PC Excel 2003 than 2007. Perhaps a chat with the
instructor would be a good idea.

Good Luck |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/09 9:48 AM, in article 59b7142e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"spooky-kid@officeformac.com" <spooky-kid@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> I'm taking an introduction to computers class that's covering Microsoft Office
> 2007. I work on a PC at school but, do my homework and exercises on my Mac at
> home in Mac Office 2008. We are starting Access this coming week and I'm
> wondering if there's a Mac Office 2008 program that is similar to Access I can
> use. Can anyone help?

spooky-kid@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> I'm taking an introduction to computers class that's covering Microsoft Office 2007. I work on a PC at school but, do my homework and exercises on my Mac at home in Mac Office 2008. We are starting Access this coming week and I'm wondering if there's a Mac Office 2008 program that is similar to Access I can use. Can anyone help?

Hi,

You'll probably be interested in the information at this URL
http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm

How to use Microsoft Office (for the Mac) as a relational database. It
was written for Office 2004, but everything still applies for 2008.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/welcome.htm
0
goldkey74 (611)
4/5/2009 2:26:40 PM
CyberTaz-
Would I need to purchase a Windows OS to consider investing in Parallels or Vmware Fusion? I'm not sure quite how to use bootcamp just yet.
spooky-kid@officeformac.com wrote:

> Would I need to purchase a Windows OS to consider investing in
> Parallels or Vmware Fusion? I'm not sure quite how to use bootcamp
> just yet.

Yes. Parallels and Fusion emulate the *hardware*, not the the Windows
software. So, you'll need to purchase Parallels or Fusion, a Windows OS
and Office.

You might consider looking into CrossOver Mac from
<http://www.codeweavers.com>, which allows you to run Windows
applications without Windows. They offer a trial so you can evaluate
first if it will meet your needs.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
Yes, for Fusion, Parallels or Boot Camp you'd need a licensed copy of
Windows OS. Bill's suggestion of CrossOver is another option which may be an
even better idea. I neglected to mention it because I have no experience
with it at all but I have heard some good feedback.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/09 11:38 AM, in article 59b7142e.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"spooky-kid@officeformac.com" <spooky-kid@officeformac.com> wrote:

> CyberTaz-
> Would I need to purchase a Windows OS to consider investing in Parallels or
> Vmware Fusion? I'm not sure quite how to use bootcamp just yet.

CrossOver isn't working entirely. It will not open Access 2007. I have a free trial for Microsoft Office 2007. So that's one less thing to have to purchase.

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Microsoft Exchange Server

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

Setting in Outlook 2007
Hi I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed or disallowed. Thanks for any help regards Daniel Attacments removed? - Uninstall your anti virus application Web addresses - In internet options ensure outlook is set as default mail app "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OcOS1y97JHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so > attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed...