microsoft office 2004/test drive

I bought a copy of microsoft office at school and have registered it. I
can use it and do my projects etc. but I save it and when I want to
open it again it does not let me, I can't open or re-open any office
documents. It tells me that my microsoft office 2004 test drive has
expired and to purchase a new copy. But I just bought this copy and it
is not a test drive. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might have
to do? I would really appreciate any help.
margo

0
margothb (1)

Before installing a full version, you will need to run an "installer" to
remove the old version.  That ought to fix you up.

"margo" <margothb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I bought a copy of microsoft office at school and have registered it. I
> can use it and do my projects etc. but I save it and when I want to
> open it again it does not let me, I can't open or re-open any office
> documents. It tells me that my microsoft office 2004 test drive has
> expired and to purchase a new copy. But I just bought this copy and it
> is not a test drive. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might have
> to do? I would really appreciate any help.
> margo

0
mmmmark
11/21/2005 6:53:32 PM
On 11/21/05 12:53, in article #T2zfzs7FHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
"mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote:

> Before installing a full version, you will need to run an "installer" to
> remove the old version.  That ought to fix you up.
>
> "margo" <margothb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I bought a copy of microsoft office at school and have registered it. I
>> can use it and do my projects etc. but I save it and when I want to
>> open it again it does not let me, I can't open or re-open any office
>> documents. It tells me that my microsoft office 2004 test drive has
>> expired and to purchase a new copy. But I just bought this copy and it
>> is not a test drive. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might have
>> to do? I would really appreciate any help.
>> margo

Can't find the answer for removing Test Drive from a new Laptop.  I have a
licensed copy of Office which was copied over from my old laptop by the Mac
setup process when I got the new laptop last week.  Unfortunately I can't
seem to remove Test Drive 2004 without removing my entire Office
Installation.  The Remove application wants to remove everything in order to
remove Test Drive.  Is there another way to clean this up?

15" PB 1.67 GHz
1GB RAM
100GB HD
Office 11.2.1

It will remove all the apps (which it needs to do) but I'm nearly positive
it will leave your Identities folder untouched.  Make a backup of it if you
like.

After the new installer installs fresh versions, if the identity doesn't
come up right away, you may have to tell it which one to use, like in
Entourage for example.

"Nelon, DeWayne A." <dewayne.nelon@logicacmg.com> wrote in message
> On 11/21/05 12:53, in article #T2zfzs7FHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> "mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote:
>
>> Before installing a full version, you will need to run an "installer" to
>> remove the old version.  That ought to fix you up.
>>
>> "margo" <margothb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought a copy of microsoft office at school and have registered it. I
>>> can use it and do my projects etc. but I save it and when I want to
>>> open it again it does not let me, I can't open or re-open any office
>>> documents. It tells me that my microsoft office 2004 test drive has
>>> expired and to purchase a new copy. But I just bought this copy and it
>>> is not a test drive. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might have
>>> to do? I would really appreciate any help.
>>> margo
>>>

> Can't find the answer for removing Test Drive from a new Laptop.  I have a
> licensed copy of Office which was copied over from my old laptop by the
> Mac
> setup process when I got the new laptop last week.  Unfortunately I can't
> seem to remove Test Drive 2004 without removing my entire Office
> Installation.  The Remove application wants to remove everything in order
> remove Test Drive.  Is there another way to clean this up?
>
> 15" PB 1.67 GHz
> 1GB RAM
> 100GB HD
> Office 11.2.1

0
mmmmark
11/21/2005 9:38:58 PM
I wish that the installer was "smart enough" to detect a previous version
and automatically update it or delete it before installing the new version.
At a minimum it could alert you that it detects the old and ask you to
manually run the "remove office app."

An "aware installer" doesn't seem like too much to ask.  Your difficulties
seem to be some of the most common frustrations we see on this forum.

"Nelon, DeWayne A." <dewayne.nelon@logicacmg.com> wrote in message
> On 11/21/05 12:53, in article #T2zfzs7FHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> "mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote:
>
>> Before installing a full version, you will need to run an "installer" to
>> remove the old version.  That ought to fix you up.
>>
>> "margo" <margothb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought a copy of microsoft office at school and have registered it. I
>>> can use it and do my projects etc. but I save it and when I want to
>>> open it again it does not let me, I can't open or re-open any office
>>> documents. It tells me that my microsoft office 2004 test drive has
>>> expired and to purchase a new copy. But I just bought this copy and it
>>> is not a test drive. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might have
>>> to do? I would really appreciate any help.
>>> margo
>>>

> Can't find the answer for removing Test Drive from a new Laptop.  I have a
> licensed copy of Office which was copied over from my old laptop by the
> Mac
> setup process when I got the new laptop last week.  Unfortunately I can't
> seem to remove Test Drive 2004 without removing my entire Office
> Installation.  The Remove application wants to remove everything in order
> remove Test Drive.  Is there another way to clean this up?
>
> 15" PB 1.67 GHz
> 1GB RAM
> 100GB HD
> Office 11.2.1

0
mmmmark
11/21/2005 9:43:29 PM
On 11/21/05 15:43, in article #tfgfSu7FHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
"mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote:

> I wish that the installer was "smart enough" to detect a previous version
> and automatically update it or delete it before installing the new version.
> At a minimum it could alert you that it detects the old and ask you to
> manually run the "remove office app."
>
> An "aware installer" doesn't seem like too much to ask.  Your difficulties
> seem to be some of the most common frustrations we see on this forum.
>
> "Nelon, DeWayne A." <dewayne.nelon@logicacmg.com> wrote in message
>> On 11/21/05 12:53, in article #T2zfzs7FHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
>> "mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Before installing a full version, you will need to run an "installer" to
>>> remove the old version.  That ought to fix you up.
>>>
>>> "margo" <margothb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>> Can't find the answer for removing Test Drive from a new Laptop.  I have a
>> licensed copy of Office which was copied over from my old laptop by the
>> Mac
>> setup process when I got the new laptop last week.  Unfortunately I can't
>> seem to remove Test Drive 2004 without removing my entire Office
>> Installation.  The Remove application wants to remove everything in order
>> remove Test Drive.  Is there another way to clean this up?
>>
>> 15" PB 1.67 GHz
>> 1GB RAM
>> 100GB HD
>> Office 11.2.1

When I booted up my new machine the first time it asked me if I wanted to
transfer the data and apps from my old machine.  I should have declined that
option and had a look around on the new machine first I guess.  I didn't
realize that I would have to go through this hassle.  I will try to backup
the identity folder and then delete all my office apps so that I can
reinstall them again.  Seems like a silly way to operate but I guess it is
the MS way....

DeWayne

> When I booted up my new machine the first time it asked me if I wanted to
> transfer the data and apps from my old machine.  I should have declined
> that
> option and had a look around on the new machine first I guess.  I didn't
> realize that I would have to go through this hassle.  I will try to backup
> the identity folder and then delete all my office apps so that I can
> reinstall them again.  Seems like a silly way to operate but I guess it is
> the MS way....
>
> DeWayne

Just to be clear, deleting the apps will not suffice.  The remove office
function deletes hidden files and preferences, which is what hangs you up in
the first place.  Let that app do its job and you will be ready to go.

0
mmmmark
11/22/2005 4:52:38 PM
On 11/22/05 10:52, in article OsuomU47FHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
"mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote:

>> When I booted up my new machine the first time it asked me if I wanted to
>> transfer the data and apps from my old machine.  I should have declined
>> that
>> option and had a look around on the new machine first I guess.  I didn't
>> realize that I would have to go through this hassle.  I will try to backup
>> the identity folder and then delete all my office apps so that I can
>> reinstall them again.  Seems like a silly way to operate but I guess it is
>> the MS way....
>>
>> DeWayne
>>

> Just to be clear, deleting the apps will not suffice.  The remove office
> function deletes hidden files and preferences, which is what hangs you up in
> the first place.  Let that app do its job and you will be ready to go.

About to backup my identity and start this process now.  Upon further review
I see that only Excel appears to be affected.

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

Test Account Settings
I created a new profile and reestablished my email accounts in Outlook 2003. After setting up the account, I click on the "Test Account Settings" and get the following error message: Establish network connection: Unable to connect to the Internet or to the network. Please verify the connection settings. To access the connection settings, close this dialog, click More Settings, then click on the Connections Tab. This tells Outlook to connect to the local LAN. Email seems to send and receive OK. Just wondering why the "Test Account Settings" tab no longer works with m...

Installation of Office on Netbook
I recently got a Netbook, and I have MS Office Home and Student 2007. My netbook only has 1.25 GB of ram. I was wondering if there is anyway to at least download MS Word & Powerpoint? It says I have 3 licensed and I've used one on my main PC. When I downloaded it to my netbook, then tried to install it, it said that it failed to install. I thought it may have to do with the ram. My hard drive has lots of space on it. I'd like to be able to use at least MS Word to do Resumes on my netbook. Any help is appreciated. Thank-you You have got plenty of RAM to run Office...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Recurrent 2004 Installation Message
Almost every time I restart/start my computer, I have a "Windows Installing" message come up on the screen. It then asks me to close Money Messenger 2004 so I may proceed. If I close Money Messenger from the toolbar or task manager, it goes away. If I start Money 2004, it has numerous "Installing" message boxes come and go as it eventually loads. I do have spyware and Norton antivirus software but the initial installation seemed to go fine. My spyware also continues to identify a program name "eblaster" which I know can track e-mail. Could this eblaster ...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr� Labuschagn�" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

"Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working" error
Hi all, may I firstly apologise if I seem stupid in anything I say here; I have always used another PIM programme in the past with only the occasional dalliance with any version of Outlook. I am running Vista (Fully updated) Home Premium on a Tosh laptop (32 bit) 1.73 Gb 2GM Ram. I recently installed Outlook 2007 (I also have Office Home & Student 2007 (service desk edition?) which I have been using for a year or so.) The problem is that I keep getting this error when using Outlook. (for example 4 time in 15 mins). I have removed the programme (to ensure no trace o...

Microsoft Active Directory
I am getting the following error when trying to modify anything on the Exchange General Tab of a user object: The operation failed. ID no: 80004005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension I believe this is a permissions issue. Any ideas? Does this happen to all user objects ? What permissions do you have ? Are any of the fields on the user object not completed i.e. initials, first name, display name etc as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314034/en-us Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "COT-AD" <COTAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50D72ED-...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Out of Office Assisatnt Forwarding
I'm having a weird issue. I've turne don out of office assistant and set it uo to forward to email to an outside email address so I can get email. Unfortuantely its not forwarding the email. Why is this? Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps a lot when answering these questions. Did you set up an OOF in Outlook - which simply auto-replies to senders about your out of office status - or setup up forwarding in AD Users & Comuters | recipient properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options? (You would need to create a Contact for the external address to...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Try that critical update from the Microsoft
--cvopnkiwnuksx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euamswwo"; type="multipart/alternative" --euamswwo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qcidyxbg" --qcidyxbg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer from ...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

How do I set my out of office in Outlook 2010?
What type of mail account do you have? "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com... > Have you checked with you Beta support forum about your issue that was supplied to you when the Office 2010 Beta was issued to you as a Beta tester? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com.....

Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP Pro Acedemic Version?
I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? Should be okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462F1436-A536-46FB-A801-368F1941EE8E@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is > Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? ...

Microsoft Query #8
I'm using Excel to query an oracle database. When I go to Microsoft Query to edit my query, I can't view my criteria or tables. I click on the view menu and am unable to select view "criteria" or "tables". Thus, all that shows up in the screen is the data in my query. This has happend to me before. Can anybody help me? I was able to answer my own question. It seems when query is complicated enough, you are unable to view the criteria, since you are now using SQL to query the data. It seems that if you click on the SQL button and scroll down, delete th...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Upgrade from Money 98 to 2004
Hi,after installing Money 2004, it tries to upgrade my data, but gets stuck half way thro, with the following message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version" Is there anything I can do to import my data, as I really don't want to re-enter everything ? Would an older version such as Money 2002 or 2003 import my data ? Kind Regards Kevin Jonson [South Africa] An old favorite. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Kevin Jonson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27c601c41ce1$b9300d90$3a0128...