Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.7 Update

Version: 2004
Processor: Power PC

When I tried to implement this update, both automatically and manually, my computer hung.  I found that the updater was not responding and I had to force it to quit.  What can I do to implement this update, or is there something wrong with it?
0
joegez

On 2/14/10 12:38 PM, in article 59bb2d27.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"joegez@officeformac.com" <joegez@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When I tried to implement this update, both automatically and manually, my
> computer hung.  I found that the updater was not responding and I had to force
> it to quit.  What can I do to implement this update, or is there something
> wrong with it?

Did you use Microsoft Autoupdater or did you download from Mactopia? I would
try downloading again in case it was a corrupt download.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
2/14/2010 10:53:40 PM
I have had the same problem - using both the Auto Update program and then trying the download from Mactopia. In four different attempts, the computer (iMac Power PC with 10.5.8) hung with a spinning beach ball, and I had to force quit from the updater. Everything seemed to be going well, but the program hung on "looking for . . ." status.
0
Bill

DST client update causing huge lag time in outlook2k3
I am the CRM Admin with 36 active clients who work remotely. We use CRM 3 SP1 Ver. 3.0.5300 w/ hot fix KB931270 and KB925874(DST) installed on both the client and Server. I run the offline version w/ sql 2005 express ver on my desktop. After the DST update was installed on my local desktop client My outlook would hang for from 30 seconds to 2 minutes trying to synch up with exchange. I recieve an error report from outlook saying that there are communication problems with exchange. The rest of the guys on the IT team check the Exc2k3 server and it is working flawlessly. I also have one ...

Unable to read file #5
Dear Officer In Charge, I am using Office 2007 Professional. I have one file (I named this as target file) that contains some data that is linked to another file with protected hidden sheets (I named this file as source file). When I open the target file without opening the source file and update the links, the system will prompt me "Unable to read file.". Then, the system will help me to update the links in the file and the value in the target file becomes "#REF". However, if I open the source file, the links in the target file is refreshed with correct value. Wo...

See this pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--rqsfyvmvzxuxhvkh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dvdwpovv"; type="multipart/alternative" --dvdwpovv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xjaboncb" --xjaboncb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "January 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect you...

Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) fails with 2010
I am running Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 on my laptop. For some reason my machine keeps trying and failing to install Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158). The failure code reads: "WindowsUpdate_80070643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Due to this problem, my work security policy will force me off the network while working remotely. How can I fix this problem? Especially since I am running 2010 and not 2007, which is what the KB was written for. See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g., http://support.microsoft.c...

Some shared calendars do not reflect updates
Strange problem in Outlooks 2007 with Exchange 2007 hosted by Intermedia.net. We have a collection of resource accounts (meeting rooms) with shared calendars that we do bookings against. Some of these calendars refuse to update from cache unless we force an update with Shift+F9. Everything works fine if we turn off Cached Exchage Mode, of course, but operation becomes painfully slow. Deleting and rebuilding the .ost file does not help. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

UPDATE Table with multiple textboxes
I have three unbound textboxes on a form. Each textbox is used to input the amount of money A,B,C deposited. textbox1 is labeled A, textbox2 labeled B,.... When the user clicks a button, I need to update the table to add a row for A then add a new row for B and then C. Below is the code I have so far for the update, but I can't figure out how to repeat the update for B & C. Lastly, the table has a field named 'memo'. I would like to add the textbox caption to that field on each record. So, for the first record, the deposit field would be whatever num...

Error: "ran out of resources" running 5,000 row array
I'm using an array formula to calculate the Gini coefficient of columns of data. I'm getting the 'Excel ran out of resources' message on any array more than 5,000 or so rows, which seems very low to me. I'm using Excel 2007 and have 3 GB of RAM, so it's not clear where the problem is. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Either a way to free more resources, or to calculate Gini coefficients without using an array formula? Thanks! Only 2 of the GB are available for the User, the rest is for the system. So you may have to reduce your data set. agbiggs@hotmail.com wrot...

Returning to Office XP Pro
I downloaded the trial for Office 2007. Since we transfer files back and forth to other offices who do not have it, it was more of a pain than an improvement. I removed Office 2007 using add/remove programs, but now my XP Pro is gone. How can I get it back when the installation disk is in an office 4 hrs away? I need my files TODAY!!! HELP! "Krystina" <Krystina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF84868E-65BB-448B-9527-BE6C191C4923@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the trial for Office 2007. Since we transfer files back and > forth to other offi...

Mac and MS Sharepoint
Trying to get a sharepoint server solution running in our creative (marketing & web) department.. of course with designers in our group, we have some who use MACs... trying to figure out for certain before we invest what the limits of usability are that will effect them... The System Requirements for Sharepoint server makes a distinction: that Macs using IE or Netscape can get "Portal Access", but not "Portal Management".. I understand the basics of what that mean, but at what level is that? Can they create sub-sites, but cannot alter the design of a template? Can th...

Formatting Cells #7
I am using Excel 2003 and trying to format a cell...The data in the cell looks like 1234567A but I would like to format it so it looks like 123-456-7-A...Does anyone know how to do that? Custom formatting does not work on a text value (which is what you have), so you could do it in a helper column like this: =3DLEFT(A1,3)&"-"&MID(A1,4,3)&"-"&MID(A1,7,1)&"-"&RIGHT(A1) Copy this down to suit. You could hide column A so that you have the display that you want, but you still have the original values if you need them for something else. Hope...

Microsoft.Dexterity
The sample applicaition with the GP9.0 SDK -- EstimateFreight refers to Microsoft.Dexterity. I can't find this DLL. Does anyone know where can I get it ? using Microsoft.Dexterity; using Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge; using Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications; using Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.DynamicsDictionary; namespace EstimateFreight { .... } ...

Microsoft may back off of .NET languages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0EEB_01CB3B12.CB3B6AB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/43073/20100812/microsoft.htm :-) Here comes Tom and Paul to spin for their master in 5...4...3...2...1... ------=_NextPart_000_0EEB_01CB3B12.CB3B6AB0 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; name="kevin@tpasoft.com.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="kevin@tpasoft.com.vcf" BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 N:;kevin@tpa...

deleted items #5
I need help with the Deleted Items folder and Exchange 2003 server. When a user deletes an email, calendar, whatever it goes to the deleted items - how long will it stay there? I want the deleted items to automatically delete after 7 days for EVERYONE. The exchange retention (I think) seems to apply to the messages once they are actually purged from the deleted folder. We have a mixture of Outlook XP, 2002, and 2003 - can anyone point me in the right direction? I am assuming I may need to do some group policy to get this changed. If the setting is actually in Exchange 2003 please l...

Out of Office- not working externally
Hi, OoO suddendly stopped working to emails sent from external domains (ie OoO is only working within our own exchange domain). I then done the following: Using the Exchange System Manager, open Global Settings > Internet Message Formats, right click "default" (on the right hand panel). Select Properties > Advanced. Tick the "allow out of office responses" box. Click apply/ok. This box wasn't checked, but since I have checked it the problem still occurs. Does it take a while for it to be come effective? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Hi, This should wor...

word 2003 win 7 annoyance bug
i get error msg "bcm version not compatatable", after installing and using office 2003 but something peculiar is also happening when i use ms word 2003 http://img695.imageshack.us/i/annoying.jpg/ when i type the program randomly makes some words huge, but still says that they are 12pt tnr...... any suggestions? i cannot stop it from sporadically doing so using win 7 home premium -- accoutabilityusa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ accoutabilityusa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/227009.htm View thi...

need to download office 2003 to my windows xp
i have tried everything i know to find the office 2003 that my school says i need to continue with my corses. however, all i find is the updates for office 2003 . i dont need the updates untill i get the original , do i ? -- dianne You cannot use the updates without the original. And Office is not downloadable. You need to purchase a copy. As a student there are some great deals available to you. Try your school bookstore. And BTW..this is a Dynamics GP (Great Plains) site. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tip...

SPAM Relay All Of a Sudden (Exchange 5.5)
Hello: All off a sudden, as of yesterday, my que is filling up with spam waiting to be relayed. I have SMTP forwarding enabled but only for my domain. This mail is all outward bound to other domains with the originator listed as "<>" No machines inside the firewall are turned on or sending the email. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob Razler wrote: > Hello: > > All off a sudden, as of yesterday, my que is filling up with spam waiting to > be relayed. > > I have SMTP forwarding enabled but only for my domain. This mail is all > outward bo...

Can I Be Sure Money 2004 Never Connects To The Internet?
I just installed the trial version of Money 2004 so that I could sync with my new HP 2215 Pocket PC. For the last few years, I've been running Money 2000. After I installed the trial version, by computer attempted to dial into the Internet, even though I had nothing else running. I only use Money to enter financial data and I manually check the balances with my statements each month (they always match). I NEVER want Money to connect to my bank, MSN, or anybody else. On the options menu, under the on-line services tab, I have everything unchecked. Under Internet Connection, both boxes ...

UPDATE QUERY not updating data
Hi all, Is there something obvious I should know about or is it plain magic? I've got a Access 2000 file format database in Access 2003. I've got a table called [Jobs] and I'm developing a way to edit a Job. So I've created an identical table called [EditedJob]. After clicking EDIT I clear the table [EditedJob], then populate it with all the details of a current job and open a form frmEditJob which is bound to [EditedJob] table. Now, I am able to change all the details I want and when clicking "save" button I run this code: Dim qryUpdate As QueryDef Set qryUpdat...

GAL update #2
Instead of waiting until the following morning for the Group Contacts list to update where in system manger can you go and do an immediate update of your global address list? I suppose you meant Offline Address List (if you use Outlook 2003 with cache mode)... ESM/REcipients/Offline Address List/Default OAL -> right click Rebuild -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net "rmwatrich" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23AYcTuFHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Instead of waiting until the following morning ...

Installing Office 2004 on a new Mac
I've used my three Home/Student Edition Office 2004 licenses on installations on two desktop Macs and a laptop. Now, I'm replacing the laptop with a new one. I understand how to move my Office data over to the new laptop by copying the Microsoft User Data file but am concerned about the basic installation of Office 2004. Can I use one of the three licenses over again or somehow transfer the license from my old laptop to my new one or must I buy another three licenses for Office 2004? You can use your old license again. Mac Office does not require activation, unlike Win Office...

Office 2008 update ver 12.1.9, can't find office on volume?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I follow the update steps, download the update, agree to terms, then installer asks to select a volume to install the update, I only have 1 volume.... I click on my drive and a red exclamation mark and note sez "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.9 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.?" ms offcie for mac 2008 is installed on this drive, license activated, however I only installed word, excel & powerpoint following the custom instal...

Custom recipients to deliver mail from 5.5 Org to 2003 Org
Hi I need some help setting up co-existence between and Exchange 5.5 Org and an Exchange 2003 Org. The two Organisations are connected via X400 (with the address space for the 2003 Org domain) and this is working fine, with message flow in both directions. There is no replication or provisioning taking place between the two Orgs as this is not required. All mail to other Exchange sites or internet domains is being routed through the 5.5 gateway at another site. What we are trying to do is to deliver mail to both the 5.5 mailboxes and for this mail to then also be delivered to the 20...

Updating tables
I have a database that is split between a front end (on 6 PC's) and a backend (on a server). In a copy of the database I have added a new table and edited some of the fields of existing tables. How do I update the tables in the backend without having to redo them manually? The current tables all have data that we need to keep so I can't import the new ones into the existing database and replace them. Thanks Tony ...