Maximise viewing window in Word and Excel by default

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I had this problem in Office X and was able to solve it:

I'm using a small 12' Powerbook and always I have to manually expand the viewing (open program) window in Word and Excel to achieve the maximum available screen view. The default is usually not reaching the bottom of the screen and I also need to move the window up to fill in the small blank space as it's floating.
I had to resort to creating macros using Visual basic and then saving those as default templates in Word and Excel.
I see that Office 2008 for mac doesn't support VB macros.
Is there a way in Office 2008 to set the viewing screen to maximized by default? Or failing this can I record a macro to do this? I've no experience with applescript.

Any advice most welcome.
John

On 8/19/08 8:04 PM, in article 59b574e1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"whitecloud1@officeformac.com" <whitecloud1@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> I had this problem in Office X and was able to solve it:
>
> I'm using a small 12' Powerbook and always I have to manually expand the
> viewing (open program) window in Word and Excel to achieve the maximum
> available screen view. The default is usually not reaching the bottom of the
> screen and I also need to move the window up to fill in the small blank space
> as it's floating.
> I had to resort to creating macros using Visual basic and then saving those as
> default templates in Word and Excel.
> I see that Office 2008 for mac doesn't support VB macros.
> Is there a way in Office 2008 to set the viewing screen to maximized by
> default? Or failing this can I record a macro to do this? I've no experience
> with applescript.
>
> Any advice most welcome.
> John
You can not record macros in Office 2008. And, since Office 2008 does not
support VBA, none of your macros will work either. You can try creating an
Excel workbook and worksheet template (see Excel help for instructions), and
saving these in a window maximized condition.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Outlook default to paragraph

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...