Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing

--B_3284189186_6066939

Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting
toolbar showing?

What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn�t seem to get it to stick to
the menu bars, much less appear as a default.

Thanks!

Best,

 - Bill
Leopard 10.5.1
Office 2008

--B_3284189186_6066939

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>Is th=
ere a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting toolba=
r showing?<BR>
<BR>
What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn&#8217;t seem to get it to sti=
ck to the menu bars, much less appear as a default.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks!<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Best,<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;- Bill<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#00007F"><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Hel=
vetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'>Leopard 10.5.1<BR>
Office 2008<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN S=
TYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080"><BR>
</FONT></SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'=
font-size:11pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3284189186_6066939--

0
bill9721 (43)

In article <C3C0C002.504CD%bill@nospam.net>,
 Bill Weylock <bill@nospam.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting
> toolbar showing?

Quitting Word normally with the Formatting Toolbar showing should set
Word preferences to show it when Word is next opened, at least that's
the way it works for me.

Is that not happening?

> What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn�t seem to get it to stick to
> the menu bars, much less appear as a default.

Same with the formula bar. When you "dock" it under the menu bar, the
Formula bar should expand across the width of your screen (after you
release the mouse button). It's fairly sensitive - you may need to tweak
it a bit.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

--B_3284201878_6828172

Know what? Word was crashing every time I quit. That�s got to be why. I
would expect just what you describe. If you hear no more, you will know I am
at peace. :)

Thanks very much for this and all the other support you provide.

Best,

Bill
Imac 2.8Ghz -10.5.1
Office 2008/2003
Windows XP Pro SP2

On 1/26/08 11:00 AM, in article
jemcgimpsey-3E701F.12002426012008@news.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> In article <C3C0C002.504CD%bill@nospam.net>,
>  Bill Weylock <bill@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> > Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting
>> > toolbar showing?
>
> Quitting Word normally with the Formatting Toolbar showing should set
> Word preferences to show it when Word is next opened, at least that's
> the way it works for me.
>
> Is that not happening?
>
>> > What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn�t seem to get it to stick to
>> > the menu bars, much less appear as a default.
>
> Same with the formula bar. When you "dock" it under the menu bar, the
> Formula bar should expand across the width of your screen (after you
> release the mouse button). It's fairly sensitive - you may need to tweak
> it a bit.

--B_3284201878_6828172

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>Know =
what? Word was crashing every time I quit. That&#8217;s got to be why. I wou=
ld expect just what you describe. If you hear no more, you will know I am at=
 peace. :)<BR>
<BR>
Thanks very much for this and all the other support you provide.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#00007F"><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Hel=
vetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'>Best,<BR>
<BR>
Bill<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN S=
TYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><FONT COLOR=3D"#00007D">Imac 2.8Ghz -</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"=
#00007E">10.5.1<BR>
Office 2008/2003<BR>
Windows XP Pro SP2<BR>
</FONT></SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'=
font-size:11pt'><BR>
On 1/26/08 11:00 AM, in article jemcgimpsey-3E701F.12002426012008@news.micr=
osoft.com, &quot;JE McGimpsey&quot; &lt;jemcgimpsey@mvps.org&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Sans Typ=
ewriter"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>In article &lt;C3C0C002.504CD%bill@nos=
pam.net&gt;,<BR>
&nbsp;Bill Weylock &lt;bill@nospam.net&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&gt; Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the format=
ting<BR>
&gt; toolbar showing?<BR>
<BR>
Quitting Word normally with the Formatting Toolbar showing should set <BR>
Word preferences to show it when Word is next opened, at least that's <BR>
the way it works for me.<BR>
<BR>
Is that not happening?<BR>
<BR>
&gt; What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn&#8217;t seem to get it t=
o stick to<BR>
&gt; the menu bars, much less appear as a default.<BR>
<BR>
Same with the formula bar. When you &quot;dock&quot; it under the menu bar,=
 the <BR>
Formula bar should expand across the width of your screen (after you <BR>
release the mouse button). It's fairly sensitive - you may need to tweak <B=

it a bit.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Sans Ty=
pewriter"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#00007F"><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Hel=
vetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN S=
TYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080"><BR>
</FONT></SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'=
font-size:11pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3284201878_6828172--

0
bill9721 (43)

Open datepicker automatically on textbox selection
At the moment the user needs to click the textbox, and then on the datepicker symbol to open the datepicker control. I am looking for a way to open the datepicker automatically when the user enters into the textbox, either through clicking on it or entering during the tab cycle. For example to open a combo box when the user's cursor enters it you use "Screen.ActiveControl.Dropdown" in a function that is called from the form objects "onenter" method. I'm looking for something similar for the datepicker control. cheers Olly Here is a simpler Access f...

word wrapping the entire column on every sheet in the book?
I would also Like to have word-wrap on every cell in column B, on every sheet. Can I do this in one or two simple steps, rather than going to each sheet, and using the FORMAT CELLS option? Hi try the following: 1. Group the sheets clicking on the sheetname while holding down the SHIFT key) 2. select column B 3. Apply your format 4. ungoup the sheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rightmer wrote: > I would also Like to have word-wrap on every cell in column B, on > every sheet. Can I do this in one or two simple steps, rather than > going to each sheet, and using the FOR...

We receive atachments in excel5.0 from different places but some can not be opened
Those attachments can only be seen using quick view but they can not b edited or printed. Our computer is a HP pavilion 6535, windows 98,ms office 2000,excel 5. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are you trying to open them with Excel 2000 or Excel 5? "Fabio Fermin >" <<Fabio.Fermin.15xvl9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Fabio.Fermin.15xvl9@excelforum-nospam.com... : Those attachments can only be seen using quick view but they can not be : edited or printed. : Our computer is a HP pavilion 6535, windows 98,ms office 2000,excel 5.0 : : : --...

automatically open ics attachments to go into calendar??
i get many emails with outlook appointments ics attached, the trouble is i have to manually open ics attachment then save it (for it to go into calendar). Is there a way or script to do this please shaunadams.mail@gmail.com <shaunadams.mail@gmail.com> wrote: > i get many emails with outlook appointments ics attached, the trouble > is i have to manually open ics attachment then save it (for it to go > into calendar). Is there a way or script to do this please You could just drag the attachment to the Calendar without opening it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Companyweb has gone missing from SBS 2008 Standard SP2, Sharepoint
I am hoping that someone may be able to pinpoint as to what may be wrong. I tried many suggestions but nothing has seemed to have worked. The following is a summary of what is happening and the environment: 1: http://companyweb results in a HTTP 404 Not Found error. Same result if I use a fqdn on the server or any computer on the network; 2: nslookup companyweb results in a FQDN and the right IP address likewise for ping and the server or any computer on the network; 3: http://servername results in the home page of the Team Site on the server or any computer on the network; 4: Te...

F1 is opening Office Online instead of Help.
I work helpdesk and recently someone pointed out that F1 is now opening Office Online instead of the Help task pane. I can't find where that setting resides to change it. In Tools-Customize-Keyboard, F1 is assigned to the Help command. Any ideas? I can't find any reference to this change anywhere online. We are running Office 2003 SP3 on Windows XP Professional. This only happens in Word, all the other Office apps open Help correctly. Thanks! In the Help window, you should be able to click Online Content Settings; this opens the Service Options dialog box. In the O...

Date format | Month/Year only changes to Day/Month/CurrentYear
Hi Y'all,I have a table field which I've formatted to MM/YY. On a form theinput box for that field is formatted the same. However if I enter adate such as 03/08 (March 2008) it becomes 08/07. Access sees 03/08 as3rd August and adds the current year. The data stored is 03/08/07.How can I stop this happening? I assume I can just use a formattednumber field but surely there's a way to keep the date format?Thanks in advance!Paul Paul wrote:> Hi Y'all,>> I have a table field which I've formatted to MM/YY. On a form the> input box for that field is formatted the same....

Running Apend,Delete and Make queries with VB
I have a macro that I run 4 difference query updates with. qrydeleteopencounts (Delete Query) qryMakeTableCYCDATECOPY (Make Table Query) qryAppendProductionMSList (Append Query) qryAppendFGList (Append Query) Is there a easier why to do this so I do not have the click "Yes" a dozen times while running this macro? Thanks, Aaron "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B98EC01-C5EB-4CD8-943E-B5CFD626876D@microsoft.com... >I have a macro that I run 4 difference query updates with. > > qrydeleteopencounts (Delet...

merg document formatting
I have a word document (catalogue) around one of the fields I would like to put a parenthesis. (nick_name). If there isn’t a nick name I would like the space left blank without the parentheses. I have tried if then but can’t seem to get it to work. Can anyone help? Thanks Dick I gather this is a mail merge main document. You need the field: { IF { MERGEFIELD nick_name } <> "" "({ MERGEFIELD nick_name })" } Insert the pairs of field delimiters (the things that look like braces but can't be typed from the keyboard) using Ctrl+F9. -- Suzann...

how do make column numbers 1 throuh 500
I want column "A" to be numbered 1 to 500 Enter in A1: =ROW() and drag down ro A500 or: Enter 1 in A1, 2 in A2, highlight both cell and copy down on the fill handle -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDC5E1B6-960D-491C-9F3E-560E49A5DF9A@microsoft.com... >I want column "A" to be numbered 1 to 500 > And one more for good measure. Enter 1 in A1 Grab the fill ...

Account not showing in Favorite list
Hi, I recently created an account which is not showing in my favorite list even though I checked "Favorite account" and unchecked "This Account Closed" options. ...

Forcing the user to make entries in a specified worksheet
My workbook (which will be available to the user as a template) will be designed to analyze new investments and will include a "control panel," i.e. a worksheet where the user will enter, among others, the project name, whether certain industry segments are involved, certain financial hurdle rates, whether or not the project involves an acquisition of a going concern, etc. etc. These data entries will either be used in calculations elsewhere in the workbook or trigger certain actions (I will probably use checkboxes to hide or unhide certain worksheets, depending on some of th...

Money 2007 portfolio problem with showing totals for stocks.
I upgraded from MSMoney 2005 to 2007. All appear to have gone well except I can't get my portfolio to show me any totals. It just shows me Symbol, Chart, Name, Last Price and Change. It won't show me Market value, Gain, Purchases or Realized gains. I open up the stock (using plus sign) and see that all of my buy/sell transactions are still there. HELP! NOTE: these stocks were showing fine in MSM 2005 and were transferred during the install into MSM2007. In microsoft.public.money, wurth51 wrote: >I upgraded from MSMoney 2005 to 2007. All appear to have gone well except I...

Word 2007 export and then import settings
How do I export and then import Word 2007 settings when migrating to a new PC? Thank you for your help. ----- Word 2007 SP2, Vista SP1 ...

List Box format Question
Is it possible to code a list box if 7th Column shows "e" then that line turns yellow?? Thanks for any help...............Bob [lstModify].[column](6)="e" then color Yellow Not with versions of Access earlier than A2007. Listboxes have only a single set of properties but I think you can alternate row colors with A2007. I don't think you can highlight specific rows, you'd need to check. "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:uvkUWF1bIHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to code a list box if 7th Column shows "...

hlookup or conditional format?
Firstly I must scream AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! Ah, that's better. Right, I want the colour of a cell (well lots really). I want it to change when a different cells value = 2 SO imagine this if you will A1 white D1=0 A2 white D1=1 A3 white D1=1 A4 white D1=0 If the D cell values change, that's when I want the colours in the A cells to change:- A1 white D1=0 A2 Red D1=2 A3 white D1=1 A4 Red D1=2 I think I've explained it well enough. I think a conditional format would be the easiest way, but can I get it to work arrgghh! Many thanks for any help. -- EARTHWALKER ----------...

Downloaded files not opening in Mac Excel 2008 (MIME/XML)
Hello all, I'm trying to open a downloaded file in Mac Excel 2008. The file is being downloaded from a web-app using Firefox 3.5.6. When I do so I get the following in the excel grid: From: Financial Reporting Export Subject: Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:21:07 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="text/html"; boundary="----=_NextPart_28248823" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Financial Reporting This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_28248823 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"...

Problem in replying when using word as editor
Hello, I have a problem that when I use word as the editor and I reply to a message the original message is either erased or written in garbaged symbols. This doesn't happen all the time just in certain messages. I think it is when someone sedn me the me in unicode 8 and/or the fonts are of a certain type. Can you please help me solve the problem? ...

label formating
I have a system with multiple labels. When a new front end is pushed out they all have to be reformated to the systems printer. I was thinking of creating a seperate access file to store just the labels (most updates don't require label changes). How can I print a report from a different database? That would be great. How do you format the label using VBA? "Dorian" wrote: > Why not keep the label formats in a table in the back-end to which each > front-end links. > -- Dorian > "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fis...

SQL Server Express 2008 installation Problem
I have an existing SQL Server Express 2005 running on a Vista 64bit. I need to keep this as i'm supporting production 2005 installations. I'm attempting to install SQL Server Express 2008 on the same box. I'm getting 'SQL Server Express 2008 with Service Pack 1 is uncompatible with Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005' Can anyone advise me on this? -- Joe Reiss Jackson Creek Software, Inc. www.emc2library.com Live Long and Prosper \\// On 2009-12-10 19:31, Photon wrote: > > I have an existing SQL Server Express 2005 running on a Vista 64bit...

Outlook 2003 blocking Word, Excel attachments
Have been thru all the help and online help which specifically says it does NOT block MS products, but mine does. When you try to open an attachment it says it is blocked for security and only allows you to save it. Everyone in my dept. has installed it from the same install, and I am the only one. I have tried repair and reinstalling from same with no change. Any ideas? ...

Excel 2007/format chart title/alignment/autofit
Why is 'Autofit' greyed out in Excel 2007/format chart title/alignment? (also greyed out are 'Internal margin' and 'Columns') ...

Spreadsheet opening as an email to send
When opening an excel file it opens as an email to send. Can an explain why this might be? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi DocShock Press on the E-mail button again next to the Save icon and save the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DocShock >" <<DocShock.154h0k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:DocShock.154h0k@excelforum-nospam.com... > When opening an excel file it opens as an email to send. Can any > explain why this might be? > > Thank you. > > > --- > Message posted fr...

Macro for Show/Hide Column
Hi I am trying to write a Macro to Toggle Show/Hide column D Anybody able to help? with thanks...Andy Here's a basic macro that will do it: Sub HideColD() Columns("D:D").Select If Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False Then Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True Else Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False End If Range("D1").Select End Sub tj "Andy" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to write a Macro to Toggle Show/Hide column D > > Anybody able to help? > > with thanks...Andy > > Simple...

Lost Word Document 05-25-10
I had two Word documents open. I accidentally saved Document #2 under Document #1 filename. Document #1 is now gone. Is there a way to retrieve the lost document #1? I've tried Free Undelete from Officerecovery.com without result. -- denmur If you have the option turned on to Automatically create a backup copy and you have not since saved the document again, there should be a file with a ..wbk extension that you can use. If not, you are probably out of luck. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on...