mail Merge - labels

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have made labels previously with no problem but now I am having difficulty. Originally I used a Mac database and converted it to Word.  Now I can't remember how I did that so I went to the trouble of typing the list of names I needed into an Excel workbook.  When I try to create the labels, the <br>
sheet says &quot;next record&quot; in all the cells except the first one, which remains blank. <br>
When I try to enter the merge fields, it just shows the first name on my list.  What am I doing wrong?
0
little_dorrit

It sounds to me like you haven't clicked the 'Fill in the items to complete
your document' button in the Select Recipients List section.

It's also possible that you simply have not actually completed the merge.
Perhaps you're just looking at the sample data record being displayed in the
label document... What happens if you click either the 'Merge to printer' or
the 'Merge to new document' button  in the last section (Complete Merge) of
the Mail Merge Manager.
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<little_dorrit@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
> have made labels previously with no problem but now I am having
> difficulty. Originally I used a Mac database and converted it to Word. Now
> I can't remember how I did that so I went to the trouble of typing the
> list of names I needed into an Excel workbook. When I try to create the
> labels, the
> sheet says "next record" in all the cells except the first one, which
> remains blank.
> When I try to enter the merge fields, it just shows the first name on my
> list. What am I doing wrong?

0
CyberTaz

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

two exchange mailboxes in Outlook
Hi, This is my first post in your forum. I tried finding a solution for this in your newsgroup but I have been so far unsuccessful. We have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Server. I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and has her personal exchange mailbox configured for it as well as an additional mailbox for humanresources. What is happening is sometimes, she will receive messages destined to the humanresources mailbox that will go to her personal exchange mailbox. When I verify these messages, they have the humanresources e-mail address in the To: field. There ...

How do I get warpped data to auto fit in merged cells?
I'm developing a survey form. I want to ask a quesiton and the use four merged cells to the right of the question to record the answer. I also want the height of the row to automatically grow if the text exceeds the field lenght. The only way I see that happening is for just individual cells. Can I make the function work for merged cells too? If so - how? Thanks, Tom Flaten Nope. Generally, its better to avoid using merged cells as they tend to cause more problems than benefits. Can you just use a large single cell? -- Best Regards, Luke M "Tom Flaten&...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

MS Exchange and external mail relay
In our organization we are planning if moving from Linux (postfix) to MS Exchange server. We plan to implement Postfix (in DMZ zone) as a mail relay for Exchange server (in LAN).We have about 400 users on the same external domain like @company.com. The trick is that about 100 of users only need mail address (not also a domain account), so we're thinking if it is possible to create 300 of our users of @comany.com domain on Exchange server, all other users that need only company mail (also @comapany.com) will have mailboxes on mail relay (postfix), not on Exchange server. Since it...

e-mails never arrive
It's happened now a couple of times. People send me e-mails that I never get. The person phones me and says, "Did you get my e-mail?" My answer is "No." "OK, then I will resend it," they say. "When you get it give me a call." An hour later I call and say, "Uh, I didn't get it.Why don't you read me the e-mail address you have for me." After confirming that the e-mail address they are using is correct, I say, "Why don't you delete my e-mail address, reenter it, and then send me another e-mail." Thirty minutes lat...

Copy of all in/out mail in another mailbox
My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails of all the mailnboxes in another mail box to check what other emplyees are sending and receive. Is it possible in MS Exchange 2000 or 2003, if yes how? Yes, it's possible. See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Jaffar Ali Sayyed" <jaffar@maruetechnologies.com> wrote in message news:045f01c3c862$f2d436d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails > o...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Refreshing from Outlook (outgoing/Ingoing mail)
It seems I always have to press F5 to check for incoming and outgoing mail (I am dial-up) and then it looks for new mail....Is there a way to get it to constantly check for new mail every few minutes??? I already have the option to "check for new messages every..- minutes." but it doesn't seem to work.. - Can anyone elighten me as to how to get outlook to check for itself?? What version of Outlook? Make sure Outlook is not placed in Off-line mode as well; File-> Work Offline -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Ou...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

Exclude outbound Internet mail from journaling #2
I have an Exchange 5.5 installation which requires message journaling of internal email only. External (Internet) email is captured and archived by a gateway SMTP server, whilst internal mail is journaled to the same SMTP server for archiving. The documentation regarding journaling on Exchange 5.5 details how to route local messages through the MTA, and how to route Internet Mail Service messages through the private information store, but it seems even when this second routing configuration is not applied, outbound internet mail is still being journaled. I need a way to ONLY journal ...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

Junk E-Mail filter unavailable in online mode
We had Outlook 2003 clients on an Exch 2000 server, and, as expected, the Junk E-Mail filter was not available when working in online mode. In cached mode it was working fine. Now, after upgrading the organization and server to Exch 2003, the Junk E-Mail filter is still not available in online mode. According to all the MS documentation this should be working. Any ideas? Thanks kindly, FV All of the documentation that I have know of says that it works on in Cache Mode. Can you give us a link to the documentation that you saw that shows it will work with online profiles? Thanks, -- Matth...

Overlap Cells Vertically without Merging
WITHOUT MERGING THE CELLS:- I want to : VERTICALLY, over the space of lets say about 20 cells, (I will Color that Area of 20 Cellsin one color) I want to write a long sentence (in One Cell) and have THAT text over lap all the other 19 cells. NO TEXT will be written in ANY of those other 19 Cells. Is that Possible? Please help! No. Although text can overlap other empty cells on the same row (i.e. horizontally), you can not do this vertically. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 8, 8:59=A0am, Muffi Zainu <MuffiZa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > WITHOUT MERGING THE...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

Labels in Formulas requires manual refresh?
I use Labels in Formulas extensively. (Excel 2003 11.5612.5606) That is, I tick off Options/Calculations/"Accept Labels in Formulas" and then use whatever text string I've placed at the top of a column of data to refer to it. It has many benefits over Named Ranges, dynamic or otherwise for my purposes, but one ongoing annoyance. When I add data to the bottom of the column of data, the in-cell formula using the label for reference does not change when it should. Workaround: Select cell, F2 or double click to open it, Enter. I have a number of such formulae so updating can be ...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) SCL for Junk E-mail being ignored
I have Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, and I recently downloaded and installed Intelligent Message Filter. In Message Delivery Properties -> Intelligent Message Filtering, I have - Gateway Blocking Configuration SCL 8 - Store Junk E-mail Configuration SCL 8 All users have Outlook 2003 Professional installed. Although I have SCL set to 8 for "Store Junk E-mail Configuration", Messages with SCL 6 and others with SCL as low as 3 are being sent to the Junk E-Mail folder. I am able to see the SCL of the emails because I installed an SCL Column via Forms using th...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

Entering left & right aligned, & centred text, into one merged cel
I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet with 8 (eight) columns. I have used the header and footer, and have entered left aligned, centred, and right aligned information in both. I have merged all the cells in rows 1, 2, and 3, into one cell. I would like to enter information in that cell on the left, centre, and right, i.e. "Name" on the left, "Subject Matter" in the centre, and "Date" on the right. Is there a way to do this? Thanking you for your assistance. Simba Hi Simba, No, don't think so. Do you really need to combine the info into one ce...

How to clear old e-mail addresses?
My address book is empty, and my contact list is empty (those show up empty when I use Tools, Address Book), but when I send a new e-mail message, on typing the first letter of the addressee name, a drop-down list appears with e-mail addresses for everyone I've ever e-mailed. How can I clear out these names? . Thanks for any ideas. You can simply use the cursor arrows and delete them or you can delete the file *.nk2 that is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook But this options will delete all autoresolution addresses- -- Ricard...

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Forwarding a specific e-mail to an external e-mail!
The owner of the company would like to forward an e-mail received from a specific customer's e-mail address to his external e-mail - This is the process - Our customer (cust@123.com) sends and e-mail to the owner of the company (owner@company.com). Whenever the owner of the company receives e-mail from our customer cust@123.com, the e-mail should automatically be forward to the owner's external e-mail (owner@yahoo.com) How do I do this? I tried a forwarding rule and it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance for you...