Mac user with pointless Office

Hello,
Dear Microsoft developers,
I'm a Mac user, who's new to Mac. And I used to be Windows user as most
of the people. The thing I'm sad about now is the Microsoft Office for
the mac.
As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of
the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me.
Now though, with the news of the new Microsoft Office for mac, all of
Arab users are waiting and hoping that there will be an Arabic support.
I wish that you give me your response and tell me if there will be an
Arabic support or not? knowing that the Office on windows comes with
full Arabic support, so why not on the mac? :(

Even the Messenger comes in Windows with supporting for the (right to
left) writing, but not in Mac.

Wait for your answer as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Hayfa

0
doctoorh (4)
1/16/2007 3:01:32 PM
mac.office 7017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

18 Replies
565 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36

> As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of
> the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me.

Hello Hayfa,
I have tried it and I can write Arabic in Office (or at least I hope it
looks like Arabic I have no clue what I have written, but that's another
point )and can do copy and paste between application without problems.
You haven't state which Office do you use. I do Office 2004 on OS X. All I
have to do was to go to system pref.  in the international and then enabled
appropriate Arabic keyboard.

Then I can write in all application Arabic. The another thing was that
there's no proofing tool for word, but neither for my native language but I
can buy it as 3rd party addins.








0
1/16/2007 3:52:47 PM
I can appreciate your position, but this is not the most likely place for 
your voice to be heard. You'll most certainly have more impact if you post 
through here;

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=feedback

-- 
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

<doctoorh@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1168959691.332518.41850@51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,
> Dear Microsoft developers,
> I'm a Mac user, who's new to Mac. And I used to be Windows user as most
> of the people. The thing I'm sad about now is the Microsoft Office for
> the mac.
> As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of
> the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me.
> Now though, with the news of the new Microsoft Office for mac, all of
> Arab users are waiting and hoping that there will be an Arabic support.
> I wish that you give me your response and tell me if there will be an
> Arabic support or not? knowing that the Office on windows comes with
> full Arabic support, so why not on the mac? :(
>
> Even the Messenger comes in Windows with supporting for the (right to
> left) writing, but not in Mac.
>
> Wait for your answer as soon as possible.
> Thank you,
> Hayfa
> 


0
CyberTaz
1/16/2007 5:55:41 PM
You are right to be unhappy.  I'm sorry you were not able to find this 
out before switching to the Mac.

No one posting here knows whether MacOffice 2008 will handle Arabic or 
not, as CyberTaz said, you should use the Help | Send Feedback link in 
Word to send a message to Microsoft. 

However, I also suggest that you try out Mellel as an alternative to MS 
Word, as Mellel was designed in large part to do word processing in 
right-to-left languages. You can download a 30-day demo, and they have a 
good support forum to help with Mellel problems.
http://www.mellel.com/

doctoorh@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> Dear Microsoft developers,
> I'm a Mac user, who's new to Mac. And I used to be Windows user as most
> of the people. The thing I'm sad about now is the Microsoft Office for
> the mac.
> As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of
> the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me.
> Now though, with the news of the new Microsoft Office for mac, all of
> Arab users are waiting and hoping that there will be an Arabic support.
> I wish that you give me your response and tell me if there will be an
> Arabic support or not? knowing that the Office on windows comes with
> full Arabic support, so why not on the mac? :(
>
> Even the Messenger comes in Windows with supporting for the (right to
> left) writing, but not in Mac.
>
> Wait for your answer as soon as possible.
> Thank you,
> Hayfa
>
>   
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
1/16/2007 6:07:41 PM
Hello,

Some of the limitation was due to the inability of MacOS to properly deal
with right-to-left languages.

Rumor has it that Leopard is to have better right-to-left support, but
there's been nothing promised about this from Apple or Microsoft. I think
we'll have to simply wait and see.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP


Quoting from "little_creature" <littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com>,
in article C1D2B35F.876E%littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com, on [DATE:

>> As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of
>> the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me.
> 
> Hello Hayfa,
> I have tried it and I can write Arabic in Office (or at least I hope it
> looks like Arabic I have no clue what I have written, but that's another
> point )and can do copy and paste between application without problems.
> You haven't state which Office do you use. I do Office 2004 on OS X. All I
> have to do was to go to system pref.  in the international and then enabled
> appropriate Arabic keyboard.
> 
> Then I can write in all application Arabic. The another thing was that
> there's no proofing tool for word, but neither for my native language but I
> can buy it as 3rd party addins.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)
1/17/2007 2:52:01 AM
You can insert the "characters" in Office 2004, but you CANNOT write Arabic
because the text runs in the opposite direction :-)

Nobody outside Microsoft yet knows whether Office 2008 will support
right-to-left languages or not.

They were waiting on Mac OS X to support RTL.  Rumour has it that OS 10.5
will finally get full support for RTL languages.  But whether that support
will arrive in time to be designed into Microsoft Office 2008 is another
question.

Nobody I know is allowed to tell us the answer!  :-)

Cheers


On 17/1/07 2:52 AM, in article
C1D2B35F.876E%littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com, "little_creature"
<littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of
>> the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me.
> 
> Hello Hayfa,
> I have tried it and I can write Arabic in Office (or at least I hope it
> looks like Arabic I have no clue what I have written, but that's another
> point )and can do copy and paste between application without problems.
> You haven't state which Office do you use. I do Office 2004 on OS X. All I
> have to do was to go to system pref.  in the international and then enabled
> appropriate Arabic keyboard.
> 
> Then I can write in all application Arabic. The another thing was that
> there's no proofing tool for word, but neither for my native language but I
> can buy it as 3rd party addins.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
1/17/2007 6:03:29 AM

On 17.1.2007 7:03, in article C1D40761.5BEF2%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie
[MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> You can insert the "characters" in Office 2004, but you CANNOT write Arabic
> because the text runs in the opposite direction :-)
>

I'm stupid, I haven't realize that, they are writing in different direction.
(Just exactly the same like realizing that in some countries they are
driving on the left side)

0
1/19/2007 1:37:22 PM
Hi little_creature:

You mean in some countries they drive on the WRONG side? :-)

Cheers


On 20/1/07 12:37 AM, in article
C1D68822.88B7%littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com, "little_creature"
<littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> 
> 
> On 17.1.2007 7:03, in article C1D40761.5BEF2%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie
> [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
> 
>> You can insert the "characters" in Office 2004, but you CANNOT write Arabic
>> because the text runs in the opposite direction :-)
>> 
> 
> I'm stupid, I haven't realize that, they are writing in different direction.
> (Just exactly the same like realizing that in some countries they are
> driving on the left side)
> 

-- 

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
1/20/2007 4:19:20 AM
little_creature
The thing with Arabic is that the letters are connected to each other,
unlike English for example. And it's written from right to left.
So, whatever you wrote. It can't be Arabic, as I'm sure Arabic is
unavailable choice for Microsoft Word on Mac.
Thank you.
--------

CyberTaz
I didn't know where to post or send my problem. I've tried to send the
same post in the link you gave before I wrote it here though. But I saw
it was useless since they don't really (feed you back) with an answer.
And I needed some answers for my questions.
Thank you for the link.
--------

Daiya Mitchell
What really makes me unhappy is that Word on Windows is so perfect with
Arabic, it even have spelling and grammar corrector.
So, please tell me why not Mac!
About Mellel, I know it supports Arabic well enough. But the problem
is, can I use it for .doc format files?
I work with people who only use Word for writing and receiving files,
and I need the Word to support Arabic so I can do my work easily.
Thank you for your support.
--------

Jim Gordon MVP
I wish what you say is true, Mac is excellent. But we need it to
support more languages.
And yes, as you can see you can't write in Arabic at Word.
Now, I don't want the answer.. I'm just hoping they here us and do
something about it!
Thank you for the information.

0
doctoorh (4)
1/22/2007 12:03:12 PM
On 22/1/07 11:03 PM, in article
1169467392.315065.257840@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, "doctoorh@gmail.com"
<doctoorh@gmail.com> wrote:

> What really makes me unhappy is that Word on Windows is so perfect with
> Arabic, it even have spelling and grammar corrector.
> So, please tell me why not Mac!

In a few words, Cost and OS Support.

When the current Word was designed, Mac OS X did not have sufficient support
for right-to-left language to enable it.  And the cost of building support
for it is prohibitive.

On Windows, RTL is natively supported by the operating system.  Applications
simply have to call the built-in functions they need.

Start looking for them to enable that code in Mac Office about two years
after Apple gets it stable.  A big product like Office locks off its major
design features about three to four years from on-sale date.

Given how big the "other" changes are on the Apple side:  Intel processors,
dual processors, OS 10.5; there may not be the people or money to do RTL
support this time around.

Cheers

-- 

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
1/22/2007 1:55:31 PM
John McGhie,
You made me realize some important information. I guess now I should
but all the hopes on Leopard.
I didn't know that (Right-to-Left) must be one of the OS features. You
mean now when Leopard comes supporting (right-to-left) it'll be easier
to use it in all applications? That will be great if it was true,
depending on Leopard not to disappoint us.

I really want to thank you for being helpful.

0
doctoorh (4)
1/22/2007 4:33:20 PM
Hi Hayfa,

Mellel doesn't use the .doc format as it's default, but it can open 
them, and I think can save into it.  So you would have to do a little 
conversion step on receiving and before sending back, but I think there 
are many people using Mellel who need to exchange .doc files with Word 
users.
Their feature list says "MS Word import and export"
http://www.mellel.com/mellelfeatures.html
Searching their forum would probably let you know about any possible 
glitches, without even posting your own question.

Daiya

doctoorh@gmail.com wrote:
> --------
>
> Daiya Mitchell
>
> About Mellel, I know it supports Arabic well enough. But the problem
> is, can I use it for .doc format files?
> I work with people who only use Word for writing and receiving files,
> and I need the Word to support Arabic so I can do my work easily.
> Thank you for your support.
> --------
>
>   
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
1/22/2007 6:03:13 PM
Hi:

It doesn't *HAVE* to be an OS feature.  Mellel built their own :-)

But building this feature is very costly, and if you build one, then the OS
comes out with a better one, you have all the problem and cost of changing
it again.

We need to know that a typical application such as Word spends 80 per cent
of it's computing power and time running parts of or calling parts of the
operating system.  Just about anything that appears on the screen, or gets
printed, is generated by the operating system, not the application.

So using a language that runs the other way means changing almost every part
of the application to call different OS routines.  It is a massive job.

What I was trying to say is that Microsoft already got burned a few times by
Apple changing the way advertised features of the OS work after they
advertised them.  Some of that is inevitable, but we're still feeling the
pain with Word bugs caused because various features of OS X don't now work
the way they were supposed to when Word was designed.

Office 2008 went into design two or three years ago.  The major decisions
(such as RTL support) would have been made then, and it's now too late to
change them.

If Apple had published the way their Right to Left support was going to work
by then, and if it now works exactly the way they said it would, and if
Microsoft can find the budget, and time, and people, to do the coding....
Well "IF" all of that comes true, why RTL support would be simple after that
:-)

Cheers


On 23/1/07 3:33 AM, in article
1169483600.431737.252350@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "doctoorh@gmail.com"
<doctoorh@gmail.com> wrote:

> John McGhie,
> You made me realize some important information. I guess now I should
> but all the hopes on Leopard.
> I didn't know that (Right-to-Left) must be one of the OS features. You
> mean now when Leopard comes supporting (right-to-left) it'll be easier
> to use it in all applications? That will be great if it was true,
> depending on Leopard not to disappoint us.
> 
> I really want to thank you for being helpful.
> 

-- 

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
1/23/2007 2:44:16 AM
Daiya Mitchell,
Thank you, I've tried Mellel and it's not great with Arabic .doc files,
there something wrong with the arrangement. It happens with TextEdit as
well.
NeoOffice was another option, it works with .doc files but the weird
thing is the file size always comes triple the size of the same file in
Windows Word! For example, one small file on Windows Word is 30KB, the
same file written in NeoOffice in .doc format becomes 100KB!
But thankfully, Nisus Writer Express.app in the other hand works just
fine. With only one problem, that you can't set the text to be in the
right side, although right-to-left works great.


John McGhie,
I understand you now, it doesn't have to be an OS feature, they can add
it but they have to spend more money. And if it was available in the
OS, I mean the right-to-left feature, it will be easier to add the
feature to any application.
Got the idea, thanks a lot.

0
doctoorh (4)
1/24/2007 6:21:12 AM
Having remember which side people drive on in Australia I have to be careful
what to say, haven't I ;-)?
Hmmm....
Hard to say what's wrong. It's not question of wrong/right, it's just
different. We have now finally SNOW and guess you can swim these days. And
Academic question is what's wrong?


On 20.1.2007 5:19, in article C1D7E378.5C57B%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie
[MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> Hi little_creature:
> 
> You mean in some countries they drive on the WRONG side? :-)
> 
> Cheers
> 
> 
> On 20/1/07 12:37 AM, in article
> C1D68822.88B7%littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com, "little_creature"
> <littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 17.1.2007 7:03, in article C1D40761.5BEF2%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie
>> [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>> 
>>> You can insert the "characters" in Office 2004, but you CANNOT write Arabic
>>> because the text runs in the opposite direction :-)
>>> 
>> 
>> I'm stupid, I haven't realize that, they are writing in different direction.
>> (Just exactly the same like realizing that in some countries they are
>> driving on the left side)
>> 



0
1/24/2007 3:56:30 PM
On 24/1/07 16:56, in article
C1DD403E.8A5F%littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com, "little_creature"
<littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Having remember which side people drive on in Australia I have to be careful
> what to say, haven't I ;-)?
> Hmmm....
> Hard to say what's wrong. It's not question of wrong/right, it's just
> different.

No, driving on the left side of the road is simply wrong, morally and
otherwise. The memory of sitting on the wrong side of the car, driving on
the wrong side of the road and then driving into a roundabout that goes
clockwise still makes me shiver. Also, driving on the left side of the road
is not really justifiable these days; if I remember correctly, it originated
in the days of yore when there were no motorways and horsemen had to travel
through many a scary wood. They had to be constantly on the lookout for
thieves and thus rode on the left side of the road so that their strong,
right arm could be used in swordfights to drive off their enemies. Doesn't
really happen that often nowadays, does it?

PS: Do not take this post too seriously.

-- 
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP
Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener1 (110)
1/24/2007 7:42:04 PM
In article <C1DD751C.1F1B3%m.bintener@NOSPAMmvps.org>,
 Michel Bintener <m.bintener@NOSPAMmvps.org> wrote:

> On 24/1/07 16:56, in article
> C1DD403E.8A5F%littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com, "little_creature"
> <littlecreature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> > Having remember which side people drive on in Australia I have to be careful
> > what to say, haven't I ;-)?
> > Hmmm....
> > Hard to say what's wrong. It's not question of wrong/right, it's just
> > different.
> 
> No, driving on the left side of the road is simply wrong, morally and
> otherwise. The memory of sitting on the wrong side of the car, driving on
> the wrong side of the road and then driving into a roundabout that goes
> clockwise still makes me shiver. Also, driving on the left side of the road
> is not really justifiable these days; if I remember correctly, it originated
> in the days of yore when there were no motorways and horsemen had to travel
> through many a scary wood. They had to be constantly on the lookout for
> thieves and thus rode on the left side of the road so that their strong,
> right arm could be used in swordfights to drive off their enemies. Doesn't
> really happen that often nowadays, does it?
> 
> PS: Do not take this post too seriously.

Yes, I'm in Japan every year, and I always get thrown for a loop.

-- 
To reply by email, remove the word "space"
0
labolide (127)
1/24/2007 11:00:46 PM
Hi Michel:

On 25/1/07 6:42 AM, in article C1DD751C.1F1B3%m.bintener@NOSPAMmvps.org,
"Michel Bintener" <m.bintener@NOSPAMmvps.org> wrote:

> in the days of yore when there were no motorways and horsemen had to travel
> through many a scary wood. They had to be constantly on the lookout for
> thieves and thus rode on the left side of the road so that their strong,
> right arm could be used in swordfights to drive off their enemies. Doesn't
> really happen that often nowadays, does it?

You've not visited Los Angeles or New York recently, I take it?
> 
> PS: Do not take this post too seriously.

-- 

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
1/25/2007 1:54:52 PM
In article <C1DF01DC.5CEB6%john@mcghie.name>,
 "John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" <john@mcghie.name> 
 wrote:

> Hi Michel:
> 
> On 25/1/07 6:42 AM, in article C1DD751C.1F1B3%m.bintener@NOSPAMmvps.org,
> "Michel Bintener" <m.bintener@NOSPAMmvps.org> wrote:
> 
> > in the days of yore when there were no motorways and horsemen had to travel
> > through many a scary wood. They had to be constantly on the lookout for
> > thieves and thus rode on the left side of the road so that their strong,
> > right arm could be used in swordfights to drive off their enemies. Doesn't
> > really happen that often nowadays, does it?
> 
> You've not visited Los Angeles or New York recently, I take it?
> > 
Yes, those soccer moms wielding cell phones in 3 ton SUVs can be quite 
horrific. That's L.A.

-- 
To reply by email, remove the word "space"
0
labolide (127)
1/26/2007 1:35:17 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to convert MKV to iPad on Mac
I got some good MKV files, now I want to put them on my iPad then I can watch them anywhere. Well, I know I can watch .mkv files with the VLC Media player, but seems iPad doesn&#8216;t support .mkv playback, so I'm busy in finding an ipad video converter to convert MKV to iPad MP4 or a similar format. It's really an arduous job to find one tool that easy to use and not costly but can service for my conversion. Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a MKV to iPad video converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the freetrial and found it's very easy to...

How do I remove a second similar option in Office Live beta
When I click on 'Open' or 'Save' for 'Office Live' in 2002 version of MS Word I have two identical drop down choices. How do I get rid of the second choice. (e.g. Open is clicked and two choices appear, both saying, 'Sign in to Office Live Workspace beta'. ...

office home and student 2007 03-02-10
I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Michelle wrote: > I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? ...

How to select multi-user ???
For example, peter & john's email account are installed in the same post office or identity(I don't know how to say in outlook), when I compose new email, I can select the sender is peter or john in outlook express, but in outlook, no selection can be provided. HOW TO DO IT ??? Appreciate for any advice !!! jj <jj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For example, peter & john's email account are installed in the same > post office or identity(I don't know how to say in outlook), when I > compose new email, I can select the sender is peter or john in...

Are the User Properties visible to recipients outside our company?
Using the AD Users and Computers Application we have configured some user properties, such as physical address and cell phone. Managment doesn't want this information sent to everyone outside our company, but they don't mind if internally these properties are visible to internal recipients. We are pretty sure that non-exchange mail servers do not make the user properties visible to recipients outside our company. Question: Are the user properties provided to recipients outside our company, even if they have Exchange as their mail server? Thanks -Tom You might want to as...

Is Excel 2007 the same software in all Office packages?
All Office 2007 packages include Excel. Is it the same program in all packages or it changes depanding of the package? I need to do statistics in excel. In case that it changes, which package is the best for me? "edithdelaparra" <edithdelaparra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FDB6CAC-3E71-4B9D-81B2-218D79D36D19@microsoft.com... > All Office 2007 packages include Excel. Is it the same program in all > packages or it changes depanding of the package? I need to do statistics > in > excel. In case that it changes, which package is the...

office 2003
what is the link to download the office 2003 on line -- Elliot Rose 646-224-8585 516-908-4748 eFax elliotrose18@optonline.net You cannot legally download Office 2003 from anywhere. If you are intent upon trying to cram a gallon of software into your quart-size netbook, then spend a few bucks on an external cd/dvd drive. elliot rose wrote: > what is the link to download the office 2003 on line You have allready been told you cannot, and how to install. Are you devoid of common sense? "elliot rose" <elliotrose18@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8...

K Office Threat
This is for the Mac BU, I was wondering if you guys see the open source port of KOffice to Mac OS X as a threat to Office for the mac and in turn you developing for the mac? In article <34c19b95.0402021151.69467890@posting.google.com>, buss0103@umn.edu (Paul) wrote: > This is for the Mac BU, I was wondering if you guys see the open > source port of KOffice to Mac OS X as a threat to Office for the mac > and in turn you developing for the mac? I don't know if you'll find that anyone from the MacBU will respond - since this is a peer-to-peer forum they usually don'...

where do I find Publisher on Office Xp
I have the Office XP Porfessional upgrade CDs. How do I find an install Publisher 2002 from these CDs TIA Dave in Omaha Hi Dave in Omaha (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have the Office XP Porfessional upgrade CDs. How do I || find an install Publisher 2002 from these CDs Publisher is not on the Office XP Professional Ugrade CD's. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! L...

Office 2003 Small Business Edition
I must have bought Office 2003, pre installed some years ago and now I cannot use its features, which I suspect is attributable to me failing to activate the software (an error and not intentional). Unsurprisingly for me, the online activation won't work and I cannot find any UK contact details. Would someone please advise me what to do. Thank you. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:45:01 -0700, richard wrote: > I must have bought Office 2003, pre installed some years ago and now I cannot > use its features, which I suspect is attributable to me failing to activate > the so...

Different Ways to Prevent Users from Internet Mail
Can someone please provide other means of preventing a domain user from sending out mail - except for internal .LOCAL addresses? Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Native Mode - thanks. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html "JPaul" <jpaul@mail.com> wrote in message news:e4JhAG$oEHA.3860@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can someone please provide other means of preventing a domain user from > sending out mail - except for internal .LOCAL addresses? > > Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Native Mode - thanks. > > ...

Repeated request to enter user name and psw for pop3 account
Hi, Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 account on pop.mail.yahoo.com I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo webmail and reentered the username and psw into outlook/email accounts. Still, every time it does send/receive, the window "Enter Network Password" pops up... Vista home premium SP1, office 2007 SP2 Thank you for your help. On 12/29/2009 10:46 AM, Erik wrote: > Hi, > Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 > account on pop.mail.yahoo.com > I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo web...

Cannot digitally sign after Office 2003 Service Pack 1
After I installed the Office 2003 Service Pack 1, each time I want to send a digitally signed message from Outlook, the following error message appears: "An error occurred in the underlying security system", and I cannot send the message. Will appreciate any ideas as to why this happens. Have you tried removing/reinstalling the certificate? /neo ps - you can't salvage the existing certificate in the store since it sounds like it is corrupt. you need to reinstall the certificate from the original crt/pfx package you received. "Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@hotmail....

updating Mac Office X
I attempted to update my version of Microsoft Office for Mac OS X from the downloads on the Mactopia site. The latest version is 10.1.5. Before installing 10.1.5 I was required to install 10.1.2 and then 10.1.4. I did this and all the installations appeared to be successful. However, after installation, MS Word crashed and would not open. On looking at the Get Info for Excel it was recorded as Version 10.1.5 as was Power point. Entourage was 10.1.4 and Word remained at 10.0, the original version as installed from my CD. I deleted the updates and reinstalled 10.0 and Word is OK. Have repeated ...

Openning Office 2003 Software
I have Office 2003 installed on my laptop. Each time I open a program, that program requires me to accept the licensing/terms and conditions agreement. I would like to accept it once and not see it again everytime I open a program. How can I make it stop asking me to accept the agreement everytime I open an Office 2003 program? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=office+2003+eula+keeps+popping+up&aq=0m&oq=EULA+keeps+popping+up&aqi=g-m2 Maynard wrote: > I have Office 2003 installed on my laptop. Each time I open a program, that > program requires me ...

Exchange 2003 Domain Seperate from User Login Domain
DomainA = Windows 2000, one domain & DC. Users log into this one DomainB = Windows Server 2003, one domain & DC. Outlook is pointed to this one for mail *This is was setup this way to keep things seperate and to not modify the existing Windows 2000 domain Of course the users have to always type in their password to load up Outlook, because the Exchange domain is different from the domain that they log into Windows with. Besides this annoyance, any other problems that I could run into Thank you ....D Yes, if you have a password expiry policy on your 2003 domain the users may not b...

Page not found after logging on to OWA 2003 for some users
New setup of OWA 2003. Some users can logon sucessfully no problem. Other users logon and recieve a page not found. If the user then highlights the url and erases most of it leaving the https:/owaname/servername.exchange they then see their mailbox. Hmmmm ...

address list that always has every user in it
Does anyone know of a way to create an address list that will always contain all of the users? Thanks, Scott ...

odbc connection fails in Office 2010
i recently got a new computer with win7, and also purchased Office 2010. A database that i have had for years is producing odbc connection failed errors. i had no problems with 2007 (with win7). i have gone throught the "sandbox" security change in the registry that i found in the online help. i have also added it to trusted sites, enabled macros, but still no luck. the test connection in odbc administrator works fine. On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:33:01 -0700, magick <magick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What is the exact error? What is the app trying to do...

User form problems
I created a User Form for our workbook. I saved the document and when I reopened the workbook the user form was not there. What happened? What do I do after I create a user form to get it to save with the workbook. I have read alot on user forms and none of the books explain exactly what to do with them after you create them. I want it to show up as the first sheet in our in our workbook where the user can fill in the User form and the information is distributed throughout the rest of the workbook. Do you have Excel 2007? If so, did you save it as an Excel document (xlsx) ...

User lost her PST Password
One of my users lost her PST Password. I search the MSFT KB, but was unable to find any information on how to fix this. Is there a workaround that will give me access to the pst file or break her password? Thanks. Check google.com for password recovery tools - some can be very expensive - ~$500. Microsoft does not endorse password cracking and does not provide any KB articles on how to accomplish this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account...

free office :mac 2008
i'm from philippines and recently bought office:mac 2004 from on of the online store in USA. i saw that you can get free upgrade for office:mac 2008. anybody who can help me on how can I avail this?? The page is a little buggy, but you should find what you want to know here: <https://om.one.microsoft.com/opa/Validation.aspx?StoreID=a202086b-34db-40a7 -8dea-5a22102c6690&LocaleCode=en-us&JavaScriptOn=no> HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/11/07 8:59 PM, in article EB3538B5-2AEF-4B90-B58A-E3C5B9580D26@microsoft.com, "ghuerto" <ghuerto@discussions...

re-installed xp pro and office xp lost all my emails
Is there a way to recover my old emails and outlook data? I tried to open the old outlook files but it doesn't seem to load anything. I tried to repair the inbox using the repair tool with no luck. For some reason I cannot find any .pst file on the drive. I changed ownerships of the old folder, can someone tell me the correct path to the .pst files? Thanks You probably just forgot to enable search for hidden files. You'll find them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1353201c443d3$049af0c0$a001280a...

Change User Name
How do you change the user name in outlook from example john@ibm.com to John Smith? Go into the properties for your mail account and change it there. If you need help with that, we'll need to know your Outlook version. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:015d01c39bf6$969cbba0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Melanie wrote: > How do you change the user name in outlook from example > john@ibm.com to John Smith? ...

Office 2007 and switching to classic 2003 / 2000 menus
I have a couple of end users that hate the new menus in Office 2007. Is there anyway to switch the view to a "classic" style menu? Please and thanks There are some third party add-ins available but I've heard they are not "all that and a bag of chips". Since the ribbon is also being used in Office 2010, perhaps you could encourage your end users to learn how to use the ribbon and add to their skill set. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Hillary" <Hillary@di...