Mac OS 10.5 Leopard breaks special paper size support (envelop and label)

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

For a long time we use MS Office for Macintosh (98, X, 2004 and 2008) and could print on our housstyle paper media Envelop (15,6 x 22 cm) and label (12,4 x 26 cm). But when we install MS Office 2008 on a Apple Macintosh with OS X 10.5 Leopard we are unable to print on our special paper size Envelop and label.

The Print preview looks all right. We print on HP laserjet 4100 printer. We use tray 1 for special paper sizes. In the print windows we select tray 1 manual. The printer shows in the display load A4 paper even when we setup paper size to our custom paper size.

We can print on our custom paper size from Apple Address Book and text editor. But Word does noet send the custom paper size to the printer with the print job.

In MS Word we can print to PDF. The pdf is created in the right custom paper size! With Apple preview we can print the label as it should be.

We also tried on a Xerox printer with the same result (cannot print on custom paper size envelop and label).

My conclusion is MS Word installed on a Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard) cannot print on cutom paper size.
0
hdjong (2)

Well, I'm not certain how valid your "conclusion" is :-) Word uses a
different set of OS X print services that Text Edit & Address Book. And, as
you wrote, Word does fine with the PDF which uses a different printer &
driver than the other two printers you mentioned... Have you checked for
updated drivers for the HP & the Xerox?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/16/09 6:51 AM, in article 59b6f682.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"hdjong@officeformac.com" <hdjong@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> For a long time we use MS Office for Macintosh (98, X, 2004 and 2008) and
> could print on our housstyle paper media Envelop (15,6 x 22 cm) and label
> (12,4 x 26 cm). But when we install MS Office 2008 on a Apple Macintosh with
> OS X 10.5 Leopard we are unable to print on our special paper size Envelop and
> label.
>
> The Print preview looks all right. We print on HP laserjet 4100 printer. We
> use tray 1 for special paper sizes. In the print windows we select tray 1
> manual. The printer shows in the display load A4 paper even when we setup
> paper size to our custom paper size.
>
> We can print on our custom paper size from Apple Address Book and text editor.
> But Word does noet send the custom paper size to the printer with the print
> job.
>
> In MS Word we can print to PDF. The pdf is created in the right custom paper
> size! With Apple preview we can print the label as it should be.
>
> We also tried on a Xerox printer with the same result (cannot print on custom
> paper size envelop and label).
>
> My conclusion is MS Word installed on a Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard) cannot
> print on cutom paper size.

I think it is the combination of MS Office 2008 and Leopard. I can print the pdf from Adobe Reader and Adobe Illustrator also. The only difference is I have to define a custom paper size in the print dialog window. In Word I also select the custom paper size but is not send with the print job. Instead A4 paper is used.

The odd thing is I can't select a custom paper size in the preference pane as standard paper size for the HP Laserjet.

I use the latest version MS Office (12.1.5) and the latest version OS X 10.5.6. Normally we use the standard printer driver supplied with OS X and the updates (HP Laserjet 4100 Series v.3010.107). For this problem I have also tried the latest printer driver from the HP support site.
HP LaserJet Mac OS X Installer Print Only Software Solution for v10.2 - 10.5
7.8.0.761 28 Jan 2008
Without success.

The same problem is also discussed on the HP forum:
 <http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1237207824081+28353475&threadId=1176416>

We hope Microsoft and or Apple is working on a solution so we can upgrade from system 10.4 to 10.5
0
hdjong (2)

CFileDialog not in OS language.
Hi all, Is it possible to show the CFileDialog in other language the OS one? Let say the user has an English OS but the application runs in Russian. It’s all fine, except the CFileDialog. This is shown in English. Well I can change some texts like “Look in”, “File type”, etc., also the buttons text, but the problem is the tool tips for some controls are still in English. I tried also with SetThreadLocale, but … nothing. Is there any way to show the CFileDialog in other language, as an user open from another OS then the installed one? For any idea thank you in advance! Ciao, Emil There...

register transction size
I was trying to enter a transaction into money and accidently changed the size of the boxes that the transactions are stored in. I went from being able to view four or five transactions to being able to view one. Dose anyone know how to fix this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, jdsneed@gmail.com wrote: >I was trying to enter a transaction into money and accidently changed >the size of the boxes that the transactions are stored in. I went from >being able to view four or five transactions to being able to view one. You must have a really small screen. > Dose anyone know h...

Receipt template
Hi! I'm making custom receipt template. I use different headers ("OverlayFirstPage" and "OverlayOnlyPage" differs from "OverlayMiddlePage" and "OverlayLastPage"). Problem is that these headers are of quite different size and there is a lot of space between header and document section on middle and last page. Can I define different <TOP> parameters in <DOCUMENT> depending on what page it is (or what overlay uses)? Thanks, Koit I got it myself, using page number: <IF> <CONDITION>\p=1 | \p=\t</CONDITION> <T...

5.5 to 2003 Exchange
Hi All, Do I need to stop any services on my Exch 5.5 before I run the migration setup? How about the incoming email messages? I read the white paper from Microsoft but does not mention regarding to this matter. Please advice Thank you On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:28:44 -0700, "im_tigerwoods" <im_tigerwoods@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Do I need to stop any services on my Exch 5.5 before I run the migration >setup? How about the incoming email messages? I read the white paper from >Microsoft but does not mention regarding to this matter. > >Please advic...

Changing the default page size in visio2002
Hi all, I have set up a template for a series of flowcharts, which includes a foreground page, a background page and a specific stencil. I set the page size to A4 in the page properties (for both foreground and background pages) for the printer paper size and made the drawing "same as printer paper" size. Next time I created a new document from the template, the foreground, background and stencil are as expected, but the page size has returned to 'Letter'. Is there any way to make the default page size 'A4' and make it stick? I would have preferred something like i...

Conditional Formatting 05-06-10
Hi and TIA. I have a worksheet like so. I'm trying to conditionally format the cells in Column C. If this is possible where do a place a call to the procedure? I want the procedure to run for each individual row except I can't simply copy the formula down the sheet because I have headers and totals rows. I'm new to excel. I'm an Access geek. Any advice or if you can point me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks for your time! Header: USS Vinson A B C 1 3 3 1 2 2 3 4 3 1 2 2 Tot 6 8 ...

Move Public Folders from 5.5 to 5.5 Same Org
Hi All, I'm new the exchange and i need to accomplish the following: 1. Identify which public folders are "homed" on the source server. 2. Move them to another exchange 5.5 server. 3. Properly remove/decommission the source exchange server from the org. Need your expert help on what steps i should take to accomplish this. Thank you. this is good reading, it includes some links that is also good reading before doing anything http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152959/en-us /Lasse "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06FA8B72-169D...

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

How to zoom Excel generated webpage to fit a smaller frame size
Dear all, I am using Excel to generate HTML pages for posting on web. However, I would like to 'zoom' the web page to a smaller size to fit a smaller frame size. Do you know of a quick way to do so? If possible, I would like to look for a way to fit the Excel generated web page for different frame size. TIA. ...

paste special multiply by 1
HI all, Sorta newbie but I've run into this before. When importing a file numbers come through as text(or something) and must be copy/pastespecial/ yadda,yadda. I've searched and searched and can't find the explaination here. I hope you can direct me. Thanks, jeffP Hi One way is to copy a blank unused cell. Select your range and Paste Special .. . Add. This coerces the text to become numbers by tricking Excel into adding zero to them. -- Andy. "JeffP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dfec01c45528$ab438c00$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Outlook Toolbar #5
Hi, Added the advanced toolbar. Exit Outlook. Relaunch Outlook, Advanced Toolbar disappear. I am unable to customise the look and feel of Outlook. Please kindly help. Thanks, Ash If all toolbar customization don't stick you might want to do a hard reset of the toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sp...

Does anyone use ArcServe 11.5 for Restoring
We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve 11.5. This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. Any idea? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Restoring exchange database" <Restoringexchangedatabase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD4AC97D-782E-4CCB-9962-95F8B089F2D6@microsoft.com... > We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve > 11.5. > This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. ...

Cannot install Office 2004 Mac
I am trying to install Office 2004 on an ibook G4. The software won't = install.=20 Tried dragging to the hard drive and double-clicking the set-up = assistant=20 but will not go beyond clicking 'accept' on the license agreement. I have run the 'remove office' application from the additional tools = folder=20 and it removed some preferences for previous installation. Is there=20 something else I'm missing? Bob Hendy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to install Office 2004 on an ibook G4. The software won't install. > Tried drag...

Great Plains Utilities Special Upgrade
After I install GP 8.0 SP2 I went to GP Utilities > Perform Special Upgrade and click Process and then I check which company I want to perform the upgrade on. Then I click on update. I get 2 error message The following SQL Statement produced and error: exec aagSkipTODCorrect and the other error message is Error [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'DYNAMICS..AAG00104'. Then it say update complete and there is a Red X next to the company that did not update successful. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks in adavance, I believ...

Date Difference 02-24-10
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event date, event type, event outcome. For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number 10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Preliminary Hearing on 02/05/10 which was C...

WSAECONNREFUSED on a TCP socket breaks an ADO connection.
In the same program I have an open ADO database connection to SQL Server, and a TCP socket. When the socket tries to connect to a service that is inactive, the connect statement returns WSAECONNREFUSED (10061) --> that's Ok. BUT when I try to write this error on the database, ADO throws this error: 0x80004005 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).] General network error. After this has happened: - I can't write to the database any more: I get 0x80004005 Connection Error. - If I try to destroy the database object, create it again and open the database again I get this error: 0x8000400...

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

Rebuild Exchange 5.5 Server
Just need a little feedback. Here's the scoop. I have a three site environment. The main site is in San Francisco, there are VPN tunnels from SF to our site in England and New York. It is purley an Exchange 5.5 org, one exchange server in each site. All external mail is delivered to the Los Angeles site, then delievered to the remote sites via a Site to Site and an X 400 connector. Here is the problem, OWA is being flaky as hell in our main site and I can't find out why. The system reboots occasionally on it's own, OWA just dies inexplicabbly. that sort of thing. I would l...

Office Update Mac 12.1.1 Cannot Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, Please help. I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. There are plenty of disk space. Error message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I can previously install update 12.1.0 "AURUM3@officeformac.com" wrote: > I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. > There are plenty of disk space. > > Error message: > You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A ver...

Outlook Web Attachments of specific type gone, only paper clip pre
Our voicemail system integrates with exchange via Native POP3 Connector. All voicemails are attached to emails as voice.lvp. In the beginning the attachments were there, now they have disappeared. OWA is configured to allow all attachments and the ext. is not in either level 1 or 2 types. The email displays a paper clip showing an attachment but once you open the email, the attachment field is comepletely blank. I have tried everything. We are having a similar issue that has started since we installed SP3 on our exchange server. But it is with random attachments. I have searched and ...

access report 03-29-10
i have a combo box in a form to select 1 of 5 values and i setup list so each selection has a number value ie, 1. table 2.dessert etc. i have check boxes on the report that have to be checked based on the value selected on the form. i have to show all check boxes on the report but only check the box for the value choose in fhe form. i have tried to do conditional statement on the report and check for numeric value and then set check value to true based on that but haven't had any luck. any help greatly appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ...

Special Query
I have a table with following 3 fields: Account_1, Account_2, Amount Any query that would result into following layout? Account (Containing Unique Names From BOTH Account_1, Account_2) Amount_1 (Containing Amounts of Accounts Listed In Account_1) Amount_2 (Containing Amounts of Accounts Listed In Account_2) For instance, consider the following sample: Account_1, Account_2, Amount ====== ======= ===== AccountA AccountB 1000 AccountC AccountA 2000 AccountB AccountC 3000 To be generating a result as follows: Account, Amount_1, Amount_2 =====...

WDM to WinCE porting 02-06-10
Hi I am porting a WDM driver to WinCE. I changed the following WDM Code // Create a WDM Memory Descriptor List for this chunk of memory m_pMDL = IoAllocateMdl ( a_pMemory, (ULONG) a_ByteCount, FALSE, TRUE, NULL ); // Make sure the user's memory block is entirely valid, // then lock all the pages in physical memory. MmProbeAndLockPages ( m_pMDL, UserMode, IoModifyAccess ); // Get the kernel-mapped address of the buffer m_pLockedKernelBuffer = MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSaf...

what size, speed,...
what processor speed, hard disk drive size, RAM size and other configurations is good for learning VB6 programming. Please, HELP! You don't need a high end computer to run VB6. You can get a basic setup (2 GHz processor, 60 GB Hard Drive and 256 MB RAM) from Dell for about $400. Anything capable of running Windows XP is enough for VB6. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "Saeed" <tiamiyusd@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23SJ8SijNHHA.4848@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

How do I turn my contacts in micro outlook into address labels
I want to be able to run address labels from the names in my microsoft outlook 2007 contacts "jane" <jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7AE087F-A214-4460-85A3-FC8CD1492C10@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to run address labels from the names in my microsoft > outlook 2007 contacts Google is YOUR friend. http://ot.bloomu.edu/Documents/Outlook2007/ContactsLabelMerge.pdf ...