Mac office 2004 install question

Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data"
folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database?

Thanks,

-gb

0
geoffb (7)

In username/documents. In fact, Office requires the MUD folder be there, you
have to trick it to put it elsewhere.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/19/2005 2:14:58 AM
I must have gotten lucky...I had a hard drive failure. After I salvaged some
unbacked up data as well as my Entourage message base, that's exactly where
I stashed it when I reinstalled office. All my old mail showed up exactly
where it was supposed to be.

thanks,

-gb
"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote in message
> In username/documents. In fact, Office requires the MUD folder be there,
> you
> have to trick it to put it elsewhere.
>

> On 2/18/05 4:34 PM,  "Geoff Brandt" wrote:
>
>> Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data"
>> folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -gb
>>

> --
> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
> MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/>
> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
geoffb (7)

in-place upgrade question
Current environment: Exchange 2000 installed on Windows 2000 (all service packs and updates). We're currently in Ex2k native mode (no 5.5). Goal environment: Exchange 2003 installed on Windows 2003. Question: In performing an in-place upgrade of this type (2000 -> 2003), which should we upgrade first, Windows or Exchange? Thanks! Hi Jim, You first need to upgrade Exchange to 2003, then windows. See the following MS KB article titled "Considerations when upgrading to Exchange server 2003" for more information: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5B...

sorting question #6
basic question.... when sorting a list you are usually able to click o the column you want sorted and it will sort the entire list. in m workbook, it is going out of its way to exclude the first row from th sort. even when highlighting the entire list, excel will readjust th highlight to exclude the first row. i've tried formatting the cell and i've tried using apostrophes ('). any other suggestions -- apple ----------------------------------------------------------------------- apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View ...

A question about PCM wave file.
Hi all. I have a 8bits PCM wave file and I want to convert it to 16Bits PCM wave file. I use the following formula 16Bits_sample = (8Bits_sample - 128)<<8. Affter converting there is some noise in 16Bits PCM wave file. Is my formula is correct? and Does anybody have another method to reduce the noise? Please help me. Thanks and best regard. You shouldn't need to do the subtraction. char samp8; short samp16; .... samp16 = (short)samp8 << 8; .... "Binh Nguyen Van" wrote: > Hi all. > > I have a 8bits PCM wave file and I want to convert it to 16Bits P...

Out of Office message in outlook
How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? All the help seems to apply to exchange. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 "GC" <gcami@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5zhpWgvKHA.1964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? > All the help seems to apply to exchange. > Thank you GC "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:%233jqt7gvKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 > > &q...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

CEdit and MDI Questions (Newbie)
We are looking at possibly redoing an old instrument interface. Since it is not a real hot project, I am looking at it as an opportunity to build some MFC skills. To try to get a handle on things at a high level, I have a couple of questions: 1) In terms of picking an SDI or MDI application, I am picturing the instrument control somewhat like the VC++ IDE: a pane for actual instrument control, a pane for information (text) coming back, a pane for general set-up, etc, etc. This seems to point towards a MDI application. Best I can tell so far for a SDI application, I would have one ...

If I buy and reinstall the download of office 2008 Stu.Teach from this website will i lose all my papers and documents and ppts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have time to look for it. I am livid but now is not the time to deal with it. I have a deadline of tonight for a major assignment and need to know that what I have already wont be lost when i purchase and download microsoft office from this website. Please anyone help me, a fast response is needed and appreciated. gbachman@officeformac.com wrote: > I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have > time to look for it. I am livid but ...

Formula Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that I'm working on that tracks employee attendance. A sample is included below: A B C D 1 Name 06/07/04 Final Warning Attendance 2 Name 08/21/03 Warning Tardy 3 Name 12/04/02 Warning Attendance 4 Name 09/16/02 Counsel Tardy 5 Name 08/05/02 Counsel Attendance Is there a formula that will tell me how many instances an employee was on an Attendance or Tardy disciplinary step of Final Warning, Warning ...

Emailing Question from my DB
Presently I have a this code to email my Report when I close it, Is there any way that I can code my Batch Report to email remembering each report may have a different email address?? Below Is my Print Batch Invoice & My emailing code for single Report ------------------------------------------- Case "PrintInvoiceBatch" If IsNull(tbDateFrom.value) Or tbDateFrom.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDateTo.value) Or tbDateTo.value = "" Then MsgBox "Please Enter the Begining Date and End Date.", vbApplicationModal + vbInform...

Un-installing COM add-ins
I tried to un-install some COM add-ins from an Excel 2007 user's machine via the Excel dialog to do so. It would not allow the COM add-in to be un-installed. Does anyone know where in the registry the load COM add-in entries are stored so that I can manually delete such entries? Thanks, Bob ...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Exchange 5.5 in AD question
Hello all- Running exch 5.5 sp4 on a windows 2000 server in a NT 4 domain - one site, one server - about 650 mailboxes - 40GB IS - works perfectly. My goals for 07 are: Upgrade domain to AD Upgrade 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade 2000 to 2003 My thought process is that I really would rather do in-place upgrades, and it seems like I can if I follow that patter (I know you can't go in-place from 5.5 to 2000). My question is about the first step. I know that in mixed-mode AD, the exchange 5.5 box will 'think' it's in a legacy NT4 domain. On the weekend that I upgrade the domain t...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

SHBrowseForFolder question
Ok, I managed to get SHBrowseForFolder to work and it pops up its dialog box, but I would like to be able to use the info in a drop down combobox integrated into my dialog form. Is there a way to do this. What I have is a combobox that I want to show and select the path in, then a list box to display the files, and another combobox to select which drive. I have a specific reason to do it this way and I was wondering if I can use some of the info from the SHBrowseForFolder to do this. It seems like I should be able to, but I have not been able to find any helpful information on just how...

Painless Upgrade 2004 to 2007 ?
What is the least pianless and most effect way to upgrade from Microsfot Money 2004 to 2007 without losing all my data? When I first tried it would not convert my 2004 file or backup. I tried to create a new file to enter it all manualy but it wouldn't accept my passport password. So I went back to 2004 and tried 2005 and that was no better so I am at a loss! In microsoft.public.money, SO3 wrote: >What is the least pianless and most effect way to upgrade from Microsfot >Money 2004 to 2007 without losing all my data? > >When I first tried it would not convert my 2004 fi...

cannot install outlook from outlook express (import stalls)
trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. other office features do function ie excel and word In news:E167009C-F5CD-4D0F-B08B-217C0FFE3E78@microsoft.com, outlook fails to install <outlook fails to install@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. > other office features do function ie excel and word Install and configure Outlook on this computer. Then, launch OE and *export* from there to Outlook.....do not *import*. ...

an outlook2000 macro programming question.....
an outlook2000 macro programming question..... I created a user-defind field "price" in outlook2000 "task", I want to count the all item of "price" field, and I know Excel can do this perfect, but when I export outlook "task" to an Excel file, the "price" field can't be converted , Outlook2000 can't convert user-defined field, so I try to find another way to do this statistic work, anybody know if Outlook2000's macro programming can do this? ...

Tidying up Office Data Files
My Office Data files are in a mess. I have discovered that I have Outlook (approx 0.8GB) and Outlook1 (approx 0.8GB) Mailbox (32KB) and Archive (0.35GB). I created Archive some time ago but have not archived recently. I don't know why I have 2 Outlook files - possibly created when I transferred data to a new laptop a few weeks ago. I would like to re-combine everything into 1 file so that I can start again and set up a proper Archive system again. How can I do this without risking losing files or creating duplicates or triplicates. As you will note the files are very big! Any h...

out of office reply/Outlook 2002
Tools does not contain Out of Office as part of the menu. I have reinstalled from CD and downloaded latest upgrade off website but can not get this to appear. Any ideas. By the way I will be out of the office so Thank you in advance. Penny Do you have Exchange on the backend as your server? If not, then it will not work as it is a server-side action triggered on Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer penny <pdsardelli@comcast.net> asked: | Tools does not c...

modification questions
Does anyone know for sure if setting up modifications in the isv.config and web.config files before migrating data from siebel into crm will cause any problems? Every time I talk to someone at Microsoft they ask me if I've done any modifications....I need to make some modifications when I go live before I run the migration scripts. I just don't want it to cause any problems. Thanks, Jen Hi. I can't think of any reason why modifying these files would impact on data migration but logically I would have thought you would want to migrate the data first and then make the cha...

Sales for Outlook installation
I am getting the error on several versions of Outlook "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components". I have tried on PCs running Office 2000 and Office XP with the same result. Here are the details of the installation: server has host name mscrm; is entered in DNS with same correct name --have tried in URL mscrm.xxx.com, crm alias to mscrm, the IP address, with/without http:// in front of it I verified on the CRM server itself that it is an AD member, is running the Indexing service, Message Queuing, and the CRM Security service. In fact, ...

Ingenico 6550 Questions
Has anybody tried using the Ingenico 6550 for v.2 yet? I would like to upgrade to these but the information to do so is non existant. How is it set up and configured? I even called Ingenico and they know even less than the resellers. Kind of leary with the lack of information. Tony This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_052F_01C76BC7.17D8B310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tony, MS hasn't posted a KB for it yet.=20 --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3...