Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts

Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of
diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet)

I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing.

As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark
them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to
Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the
address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the
category that fits (annual card). Now what?

Looking for an Easy way to Achive a Result
Dear All, I've decided to keep track of phone numbers dialed and the phone provider I'm with allows viewing of the bill, but it only displays numbers... So I copied and pasted it into Excel, now I'm looking for a way to automate a column creation so that is checks the number in the number column and puts a name in another column... Is it easy to acheive? Regards Paul. Hi Paul, Check this tutorial: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Kardon Coup�" <prefer.to@readon.newsgroups> wrote in mess...

Contact Methods
Can anyone tell me how I can retrieve the CRM Contact Methods values and Text? Thanks in Advance, Rick Are you trying to use the .net assemblies (SDK) to retrieve data from the system or am I misreading your question? If so just use the Contact.Retrieve method and use an XmlDocument to read the resulting XML. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Rick" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can retrieve the CRM Contact Methods values and > Text? > > Thanks in Advance, > Rick > > > Yes, I'm using .net (SDK). I am writing on online service request...

Can't Unblock Contact
I accidentally blocked a contact. I found the below instructions for unblocking but I'm not having success with either option. Under Tools, I do not have a Privacy Tab.I'm not sure what is meant by Contact Pane. If I click recipients or address book, I don't have an unblock option. I'm using Outlook Express 6 and I no longer see a message group for posting. To unblock someone from sending you an instant message You can unblock messeges from someone who is online. 1.. In Outlook Express, in the Contacts pane, double-click the name of the contact whose mes...

Script error when tyring to create new crm contact with outlook
I have just installed CRM and web interface works ok, now I started installing outlook client and it wen't ok, only needed to install xml core separately. Everything looked great until I started testing from Outlook client, I made new crm appointment and then I tried to add new contact, I click from button labeled regarding, then from window that opened I have tried to choose account and also contact, error is same, anyway after choosing contact or account I click New... soon new window opens labeled quick create account/contact, then Internet Explorer script error box opens readin...

Creating forms in Access or Excel that link to Visio Documents
Does anybody have any experience with creating forms in access or excel that are integrated with Visio? How would I go about doing this? Access by definition can store 'objects', which can include visio drawings. If prompted, don't select display icon a.) create table add oledb field add text field for name b.) open table select oledb field and right click => insert new microsoft visio edit the new drawing and close it c.) create a form based on new table drag the oledb field onto the form d.) open the form what are you attempting to do? al &quo...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

No e-mail entry under MY Work
No e-mail entry under MY Work Solved the problem. For some reason some of my Sales users were set for Service. Changed from Service to Sales in the Workspace Options. "Yoram" wrote: > No e-mail entry under MY Work ...

Attaching photos to e-mail
Trying to attach photos to a new message but after hitting "attach" the photos don't seem to be anywhere on any drive - though if I open the Digital camer software Camedia (I think) the photos display?? The properties of the photo give the path My Albums/####/####.jpg Ta ...

How do I create an inventory list?
I need to create an inventory list for sale on a front page website. Do I use Acces database to do this and how? You could, but if you are actually going to sell your products online, for security reasons you should look for a well established ecommerce package compatible with FrontPage. -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "BonnieG0427" wrote: > I need to create an inventory list for sale on a front page website. Do...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

E-mail ID generation issue
"I created a few new mailboxes, but when I look at the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, nothing is listed on the Email Address Tab. I also manually updated the RUS in the Exchange Suystem manager. It is more than 6 hours since the IDs are created, but still the e-mail field in the AD property is empty. The environment is Exchange 2003 in AD 2000 native mode. Can someone help me pls? Anything in your app event logs, such as msexchangeal 8331 errors? See KB 837444 if so. SP1 fixes this but there's also a hotfix you can get (free) if you call MS. VS wrot...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

Windows 7 mail
I recently loaded Windows 7. Basically I like it. However, the email program sucks. I read in a blog that "Windows Live Mail" was implemented with the advertising because "the servers most go to had advertising also". I disagree!!!! The servers may have advertising but Outlook/outlook Express did not, thus the reason I used OE. I have a computer training service and I have always installed Outlook Express on my clients machines when setting up their email, due to the fact they didn't want the ads all over the screen. NOW THIS IS NOT EVEN A OPTION. ...

Label Control Doesn't HTML-Encode?
I'm using a GridView control with a TemplateField column. It works fine except I see the text is not HTML-encoded. Here's the column template: <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="ActTitle"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:HyperLink ID="lnkActivity" runat="server" > <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ActTitle") %>'></asp:Label> </asp:HyperLink> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> When editing GridView co...

Can I create an invoice that will number itsself?
I am creating an invoice for someone, they would like it to autmatically progress numerically as they are used, is this possible? Try this sample file and use it or use the code within. http://www.officearticles.com/downloads/invoices.zip ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "llpc2004" <llpc2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B068615C-F43F-4051-8A5C-87F63CA8FAC4@microsoft.com... > I am creating an invoice for someone, they would like it to autmatically > progress numerically as they are used, is this possible? J.E. McGimpsey has ...

Not receiving e-mails
I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It will connect, receives and shows number of e-mails, but there is nothing in inbox. Need help to fix if possible. Do you have a filtered view set on your Inbox? Check View | Current View -- what does it show? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:290d01c4281c$330fb800$a301280a@phx.gbl, Taylor wrote: > I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It > will connect, receives and show...

Outlook 2003 created multiple Identical personal folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop. When I imported my old .pst file, two "new" personal folders were created. Both of the folders contain exactly the same information (inbox, contacts, etc) as the primary. Deleting from any one deletss from all three. I have tried the "removing duplicate personal folders" procedure at Microsoft.com. I can rename to top folder but not the next two. Outlook won't let me delete either of the second two because it says that nay of them is primary. Any help would be appreciated. Dear "frustrated" I hope...

data label
I am trying to import a .cvs or .txt file into an email program. The error comes up saying - field name headers do not exist. any help out there? thanks.liz. Hi Liz, Might help if you specified the name of the other program. Sounds to me like your first row should have specific content words to identify the column content. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm "lizchase" <lizchase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I am trying to import a .cvs or .txt file into ...

How do i create a pie chart that shows % of time on tasks?
I need to create a pie chart that shows what percent of time my employees are working on each of 5-6 efforts. Does anyone have a good template for that? Thanks! ...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...

need help related to mail
Hi everybody, I having problem in my organization that when internal users send mail to internal users sometimes it not reach to recipient and also not given notice to sender that mail delivery fail. Why its happen I don't know? Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot and how to find out why its happen? But one more thing that in outlook its shows in send item box. then where is mail gone? Anybody tell m or guide me. Thanking you. Yours truly, Vicky Sam. You have to provide a little more information about your architecture before anyone will be able to help you. -- regards, ...

Exchange Server does not forward all mails, just sends HELO and QUIT
Hi, We have set up one account on our server (info at davos.ch) to forward all mails to davos at frogstyle.ch. Most of the times, this works as expected, but sometimes, it doesn't. The log files of Exchange Server show that the server only connects, sends an EHLO (which is blocked), then HELO, and then QUITs. When delivery succeeds, the EHLO and HELO are the same, but then followed by the MAIL, RCPT and DATA commands. I included the few lines of a failed delivery below. The setup of the two mailservers are: (Exchange Server - SonicWall) - Internet - (PIX 501 - Merak Mail Server) The Me...

Put a table in mail merge quote.
Hi all, I would like to put a table in my quote to display line items. It should be able to automatically increase depending on the number of line items. Is possible to achieve this? thanx. -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede This is actually quite easy in CRM 4. From quotations - print quotation from customer. You just create a word template with all non repeating information in the header or footer. The body of the template should just contain the quote detail lines you require. The body will repeat for each line on the same page. The quote totalamount can be aligned with line totals i...

Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)
Okay, this is insanse. Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows is generated. CellA1 CellA2 .... CellA80 I need two things: One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels. I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY like this (not allowed to vary on this): CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 etc ... Two: I would like to NOT use Word. I've tried formatting the cel...

creating a database in 2000
would it be possible for me to create a database in 2000 and then install it onto a computer that only holds Access 97. if posisble how would i go about this, regards Clay, If your intent is to have Access 97 open/run the Access 2000 database, no this cannot be done. To open/run an Access 2000 database requires having Access 2000 or 2002 (or a runtime installation of either) installed on the computer. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "CLAY" <BUSIHARV@livjm.ac.uk> wrote in message news:0f1c01c38bef$a47dd360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > would it be possible f...