Local Software Update service for Office 2004?

Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft
Office on my LAN?

With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates,
but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update
service without using my Internet connection.

I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I
could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the
update levels per station.

0
remaker (2)

Phillip Remaker wrote:
> Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft
> Office on my LAN?
>
> With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates,
> but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update
> service without using my Internet connection.
>
> I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I
> could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the
> update levels per station.

Hi Phillip!

Not officially.

I do see in this file
"/Applications/Microsoft\ AutoUpdate.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft\ AU\
Daemon.app/Contents/Resources/Defaults.strings" this server address
"http://www.microsoft.com/mac/autoupdate/". If I attempt to go to this
address I am unable to read the contents of this location. You might try
experimenting by inserting your own local server address and placing the
stand-alone updater in that location. No idea if this will work.

Hope this helps and good luck! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows)

Nobody has reverse engineered this?  Surprising.  Between WSUS and
SUS, I'd think Microsoft would arrange a way for updates to some
through.

0
remaker (2)

WAB and Office 2k3 problem
Greetings All: I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server. The only addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the server, my contacts do not appear. Now when I go to the appropriate "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out. I have several other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox. If I try to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they don't even show up in the as being avail...

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

550 not local host... not a gateway
In Outlook 2003, I run Exchange for internal and pop3 (internet email hosted by ISP). On select few clients, when they forward/reply to external email it gets bounced back immediately with "550 not local host sbcglobal.net, not a gateway". I have looked at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 834866 but with no success... any thoughts anyone? ...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Update Download problem
I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000. I did NOT have the installation cd handy. Okay, usually no problem, the instal quits. However this time, it did quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the instal program. The download was for Outlook. It has me boggled. Outlook, Word and Access open with no known problems. I have tried to open excel different times/ways. It continues to try to load the update. Any reasoning on the subject??? Thanks* ...

TargetInvocationException in Update Invoice in Microsoft Dynamics
Hi, we get the follow error mssage when we try update the invoice object. But, in the same class, we update the salesorder object with sucess. Obs. Our code is a custom page. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Tks Clau >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147197184, InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045F00): <details></details> at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMInvoiceClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String InvoiceId, String InvoiceXml) [2006-10-10 12:16:47.4] Process: w3wp |Thread: 8708 |Category: Platform |User: d12c7...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

outlook web access in office xp pro
Is Outlook web access available with office xp pro? If so, how do I obtain it? Thx Outlook Web Access requires an Exchange Server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "brad" <bjjulum@comcast.net> wrote in message news:028601c398dd$336cf980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook web access available with office xp pro? If > so, how do I obtain it? Thx ...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

Corrupt record in Money 2004
I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit card site. I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding - bolded. I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s and salv.exe. Neither worked. I just want to delete this one record and put it back manually. Is there a way to do this with jet database functionality? Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a buttoned up derivative of Jet. "Bill Boffi" <anonymo...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

Non local users
Hi all Our company is going to use Exchange 2003 server as our primary mail server. People can send mails via it and they also can receive mails from exchange. Problem is that also non local users can send mails via our server. It is not nice if somebody is using your server as spam server. Could someone advise me how I can block non local users to send mails via our server? Thanks Topi Look at the following links, HOW TO: Prevent Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319356 HOW TO: Prevent Exchange 2000 from Being...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

Money 2004 deluxe #8
Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money product which will perform this function? In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market >transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money >product which will perform this function? East bank of the Mississippi? ...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...